Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:15:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058397 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:35:44 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 12:50:23 PM by jdbtracker

I feel because investors dont have to pay directly for bointies we should have a more active bounty request service than would otherwise with something like workforcrypto.com where bounties are suggested only by those directly willing to pay. This idea is the same but more scalable because they invest hold and suggest instead of suggest and pay... its a revolutionary way to get work done that will benefit all... later on individuals can always pay for work traditionally via dvc on something like workforcrypto.com.

In deed that is an excellent suggestion... if we track the amount of people invested in Devcoin with the monetary amount and tag that to bounties we can create value based bounties; Where the most valuable for Devcoin investment ideas are marked as a percentage to show how much they will benefit the over all market capitalization of the project... incentive for all to get deeply involved in the workings of the Devcoin ecosystem.

How much is categorizing links worth to the project?
How much is helping admins automate their tasks worth?
How much is adding content support for Devtome? or even just a voting system to categorize the most valuable actionable items?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:12:28 PM

I referred someone to download the devcoin wallet he wanted to buy some coins however on win 8 he said it was shutting down on him without warning. Also I
noticed that its built for 32 bit.. is there a 64 bit wallet out? It should be added to the main download portals.

Also why is the wallet still showing bitcoin? Thought someone did a rename a while back??? cmon guys these are the basics we need to pick our game up.. either give testers some shares or hire proper admin developers!!

I have W8 x64. The current DVC client works fine for me.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:30:36 PM

I referred someone to download the devcoin wallet he wanted to buy some coins however on win 8 he said it was shutting down on him without warning. Also I
noticed that its built for 32 bit.. is there a 64 bit wallet out? It should be added to the main download portals.

Also why is the wallet still showing bitcoin? Thought someone did a rename a while back??? cmon guys these are the basics we need to pick our game up.. either give testers some shares or hire proper admin developers!!

The windows bundles here http://devcoin.org/ say Devcoin, and have the Devcoin logo - I am pretty sure Wink

I have seen it with my own eyes.

Also see here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin

To reinstall Devcoin correctly your friend will have to go into App Data and remove all DVC files (and make up a backup of their wallet DAT if they have any DVC in there or are currently using the address).

Also, there is a free DVC web wallet at CEX.IO - they should be introducing DVC/BTC trading soon Wink

EDIT: Please also see this thread for detailed instructions; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129563.0

He already gave up with the amount of options in alt world thats all u get. I saw bitcoin with my eyes I will try again and send screenshot.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:33:28 PM

I feel because investors dont have to pay directly for bointies we should have a more active bounty request service than would otherwise with something like workforcrypto.com where bounties are suggested only by those directly willing to pay. This idea is the same but more scalable because they invest hold and suggest instead of suggest and pay... its a revolutionary way to get work done that will benefit all... later on individuals can always pay for work traditionally via dvc on something like workforcrypto.com.

In deed that is an excellent suggestion... if we track the amount of people invested in Devcoin with the monetary amount and tag that to bounties we can create value based bounties; Where the most valuable for Devcoin investment ideas are marked as a percentage to show how much they will benefit the over all market capitalization of the project... incentive for all to get deeply involved in the workings of the Devcoin ecosystem.

How much is categorizing links worth to the project?
How much is helping admins automate their tasks worth?
How much is adding content support for Devtome? or even just a voting system to categorize the most valuable actionable items?

Nice! and using the devcoin generation shares we can allocate money to these bounties based on interest to get done... I think thats really good.. but we need a way to automate the process so bounties will get updated every round.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:36:20 PM

Official devcoin src code update thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310280.0

I have to still add unthinkingbit's conteibution and shares. Can someone put the link on the original post?

Jag
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:52:24 PM

I referred someone to download the devcoin wallet he wanted to buy some coins however on win 8 he said it was shutting down on him without warning. Also I noticed that its built for 32 bit.. is there a 64 bit wallet out?

There is no 64 bit wallet, Windows 7 will run the 32 bit wallet, not sure about Windows 8.

The wallet is tentatively slotted in to be upgraded over the Xmas holidays, paid for with pledges from devcoin community members. Any one can contribute. Perhaps some one can repost the link to that thread?  
It works with windows 8

Agreed, we have to work with what we have, catch up on back logs and getting people to categorize their work or at least be guided to a best practices article

The categorizing is time consuming, I did all my articles last weekend and it took me 10 hours. This is a burden if left to admins and a waste of resources.  

To categorize an article takes 5-10 minutes, true, but frees up admins. To categorize an article go to http://www.devtome.com/doku.php and the lower page has the categories.

Example: If your article is economics related, you can see economics is a subcategory of commerce

Edit the 'Economics" page and add your article's title in alphabetical order, same as the other existing articles.

On your page at the bottom add this:
[[category:Commerce]]  |  [[category:Economics]]

That's it, you are done. Some pages are being used as categories, such as "Health", which needs to be fixed for the categorization to work, otherwise the Wiki will not recognize the link and display it in red. There is work required ensuring that all the categories are actually categories, some categories require cleaning up and additional ones are required.  

Also please add your articles to the Most Recent list at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php - it allows admins to check articles as they are completed.

Thanks, and please correct me if I am wrong.

Great post on categorizing. I've been working on it here and there as well, especially with new articles. any way to make this post sticky so it's easy to find?
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:52:31 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 07:15:26 PM by weisoq

Great post on categorizing. I've been working on it here and there as well, especially with new articles. any way to make this post sticky so it's easy to find?
Agreed. Wiser and I have been chatting about this already, but worth adding that devtome doesn't yet have facility to auto file those categorised articles. So until such a plugin/workability added, it's also helpful to file them appropriately when submitted. We've been doing this manually and will continue to do so, but it takes time and may impact on the longer-term prominence for personal income as hits/revenue analytics grow (this is particularly the case for older articles - so if in doubt just take a few minutes to go through your own articles).
Aegis (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 87

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:12:20 PM

Deleted some duplicate posts.

Please don't use more than two posts to get something across. Only use two if needed, or if you rarely do it.

- acs267
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:53:04 PM

Looks like buyers coming in.. dammit I wanted to buy some more this low hopefully comes down a bit.

Anyone read chinese? Please request dvc to be addrd to btc38.com i cant figure out their contact.

Please ask bter.com to also add it ive asked them already.

Please ask cryptsy.com to add dvc btc it only has dvc ltc.

Thanks guys lets rally here as a community and win together.

Btw crypto-trade.com has dvc btc and it looks like a sweet site!
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:07:44 PM

The Devcoin price has almost doubled in the last week to ten days. Buckle up and hold on to your devcoins. It's about to get crazy!

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:49:46 PM

The Devcoin price has almost doubled in the last week to ten days. Buckle up and hold on to your devcoins. It's about to get crazy!

Ya looking at a few ofthe coins they multiplied by 100x recently so here is where patience may finally start to payoff just dont sell we are early adopters.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:54:38 PM

I was just noticing that, and with Bitcoins hitting $1000 on Gox a few times, the price of DVC is still climbing. I'm of course thrilled, but can anyone speak to the why now in particular?

I've also noticed that the Devcoin faucet has been hopping the last few days, paying out sometimes in five or ten minutes it's so popular.
fishy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:37:54 AM

Bought back at 80 sats can't wait!

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:41:31 AM

I was just noticing that, and with Bitcoins hitting $1000 on Gox a few times, the price of DVC is still climbing. I'm of course thrilled, but can anyone speak to the why now in particular?

I've also noticed that the Devcoin faucet has been hopping the last few days, paying out sometimes in five or ten minutes it's so popular.

im surprised devcoin isnt getting more attention. Theres an altcoin craze like I predicted when china got in and after us senate meetings it was a flashing green light. The altpocolypase will prove to buy a buy of a lifetime and there is fairly decent liquidity with about 100 mill available dvc to be bought thanks to some pretty low walls here on vircurex.

Im surprised by the less interest than coins like quarkcoin or megacoin because dvc is merge mined so network is secure.. naturally if there were big funds coming in you would think they would want security along with a good price. Devcoin offers both right now which proves to be a distinct advantage over competition. However we will have to see if this advantage is materialized because we dont really advertise the coin properly we shall see if smart money can pick up on it although i  am not worried i think this craZe will last a while and any ofthese prices you see today will be like a dream to buy at.

If i were a big fund id want security of where im putting my funds ssome of the alts networks arent that strong yet they still get pumped hard I think this is due to strong marketing campaigns and flashy websites personally.
nubbins7

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:02:07 AM

It looks like Devcoin has a great future ahead of it i just started a few days ago
with the Devcoin faucet. Maybe a Devcoin PTC site in the near future?  Smiley
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:58:53 PM

It looks like Devcoin has a great future ahead of it i just started a few days ago
with the Devcoin faucet. Maybe a Devcoin PTC site in the near future?  Smiley

It's rising fast!  30 satoshis on Vircurex at the moment!  Smiley
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:04:06 PM

I like the idea of an investment fund.  It would have to be developed further so that everyone has clear expectations about it, but that's something I'd be inclined to invest in too.  One of my expectations would be that I would want nice slick website pages which explain in plain English every single project (a page for each one) with lots of clearly labeled pictures and plenty of discussion about how said project will improve my life.  All those pages would have to be easily found by visiting an easy to remember url.  The entire site should have an FAQ section, post who are the decision makers of the fund and how to reach them, indicate when things are up for a vote, and there should be a blog for project updates (categorized by projects so I could easily find all the updates on any particular project).  When you buy a share, that enters your email address (with your consent of course but it is strongly encouraged) onto the fund mailing list and shareholders are kept updated with everything relevant.  Part of the revenue could come from advertising on the site.

I suggest a 12 share bounty for the first five investment business plans, and 6 shares for the next five plans. The business plan would have to go on devtome, and make sense. The business plan can be about an investment club, investment strategy, speculation strategy, or another other way of making money by investing. It could also be about investing in non cryptocoin assets, like silver or stocks. If someone later makes a publicly traded company from that plan, the writer will get another six shares. Also, I'll invest a lot devcoins in the company if it's traded on Cryptostocks and the business plan looks good.

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:48:58 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 10:21:41 PM by weisoq

Not a business plan but I'd suggest the next step should be developing/improving devcoin.org.

Devtome is really moving forward with information, articles, analytics and advertising revenue generation it seems and an increasing number of submissions on businesses and other endeavours relating to the crypto world as a whole. Early days and significant as a respository, but coupled with the wider marketing/advertising potential moving towards really building a broad gateway with devcoin as a prospective win-win transacting avenue.

But the main portal for new interest is still devcoin.org. I appreciate it takes work and time, but we have a spectrum of knowledge and skills here. So I'd ask those involved if/what/how we can help with getting the site improved as a better stepping stone to devcoin and outlining what's being done/what can be done as well as wider prospects (commerce/work/open transactions/gaming potential) etc.

Edit: In my opinion, the difference that devcoin offers (love it or like it Wink) is the potential to appeal to a much much wider share of the general population longer-term via project and interest range, as well as the crypto community via mutual bitcoin/other funding and bounties to date, as well as initial technicalities incorporated such as developer/miner return and price/1000 to avoid decs etc. This is what should be tapped into - with the portal to begin with - but with business plans in general. The track may take longer than some but the rewards from spreading and selling the idea and implementation, and tying that properly into compensation for working, could be massive.
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:48:15 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 01:10:09 AM by jdbtracker

Not a business plan but I'd suggest the next step should be developing/improving devcoin.org.

Devtome is really moving forward with information, articles, analytics and advertising revenue generation it seems and an increasing number of submissions on businesses and other endeavours relating to the crypto world as a whole. Early days and significant as a respository, but coupled with the wider marketing/advertising potential moving towards really building a broad gateway with devcoin as a prospective win-win transacting avenue.

But the main portal for new interest is still devcoin.org. I appreciate it takes work and time, but we have a spectrum of knowledge and skills here. So I'd ask those involved if/what/how we can help with getting the site improved as a better stepping stone to devcoin and outlining what's being done/what can be done as well as wider prospects (commerce/work/open transactions/gaming potential) etc.

Edit: In my opinion, the difference that devcoin offers (love it or like it Wink) is the potential to appeal to a much much wider share of the general population longer-term via project and interest range, as well as the crypto community via mutual bitcoin/other funding and bounties to date, as well as initial technicalities incorporated such as developer/miner return and price/1000 to avoid decs etc. This is what should be tapped into - with the portal to begin with - but with business plans in general. The track may take longer than some but the rewards from spreading and selling the idea and implementation, and tying that properly into compensation for working, could be massive.

Agreed! I think there are a lot of communites already out there that can take advantage of Devcoin; We should get as many other communities involved that are related to our goals using Devcoin. Increasing visibility of the project in groups that may be interested or that could contribute to the project can get us some free help even if the shares get diluted it will only be temporary as the spread of Devcoin grows... more people, more articles, more work that can be spread = higher price as people begin using it as a avenue to invest in art and culture.

Writing, after all is for everyone; Everyone has something to say, why not get compensated for it?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:25:40 AM

Agreed! I think there are a lot of communites already out there that can take advantage of Devcoin; We should get as many other communities involved that are related to our goals using Devcoin. Increasing visibility of the project in groups that may be interested or that could contribute to the project can get us some free help even if the shares get diluted it will only be temporary as the spread of Devcoin grows... more people, more articles, more work that can be spread = higher price as people begin using it as a avenue to invest in art and culture.

Writing, after all is for everyone; Everyone has something to say, why not get compensated for it?
Right thats why i brought up using tag rewards for all of our devtome ads. It will help longrun.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: