Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166577 times)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:32:26 PM
Merited by TMAN (10)

if we have sMerits we have a responsibility to reward people.

exactly this. the sooner the people who got an initial large stack of sMerit (just from our ranking when this was implemented) start spreading it around, the more sMerit those who received it can start sending sMerit of their own. we need to spread this initial pool of sMerits out so more members than just high ranking members with sMerit to burn are doing it.

as of right now the bulk of people who can freely send sMerit without worrying about running dry right away (and thus not being able to +merit a worthy post at that point) are high ranking members so it seems top heavy. once these sMerits are spread around more i think posts that may otherwise be overlooked by high ranking members (because they may not have enough interest in some areas of the forums [beginners and help, say], or a thread just doesnt attract their interest because the topic is old news to the btc vetrans) will be merited by the regular "rank and file" members as the pool of people with spendable sMerits expands.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:36:46 PM

exactly this. the sooner the people who got an initial large stack of sMerit (just from our ranking when this was implemented) start spreading it around, the more sMerit those who received it can start sending sMerit of their own. we need to spread this initial pool of sMerits out so more members than just high ranking members with sMerit to burn are doing it.

as of right now the bulk of people who can freely send sMerit without worrying about running dry right away (and thus not being able to +merit a worthy post at that point) are high ranking members so it seems top heavy. once these sMerits are spread around more i think posts that may otherwise be overlooked by high ranking members (because they may not have enough interest in some areas of the forums [beginners and help, say], or a thread just doesnt attract their interest because the topic is old news to the btc vetrans) will be merited by the regular "rank and file" members as the pool of people with spendable sMerits expands.

You got it bud. I gave you merit as I appreciate the post and I know you will pay it forwards..

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
B4RF

Activity: 813
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:41:25 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

So I missed 500 Merrit by not doing 15 more posts...

FeelsBadMan

I still think a progressional distribution would have been the way to go.
Would have been better for higher Legendary accounts as well.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCH  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:47:28 PM
Merited by Praesidium (1)

sMerit is really a thing that we can share to those who are deserving, and also we must not forget that Every 1Merit we received from others is equivalent to 0.5sMerit that can be share to others so basically if you got merit many times by others like 10 merits you'll have extra 5 sMerit which you can give to those who deserved it. With that i can say the this merit system will be continuous and wont end up drying sMerit.

I decided that the previous allocation was too unfair in this area, so everyone with activity >= 775 got 500 more merit if they didn't already have 1000 merit (and also Lutpin). No extra sMerit, though.

So I missed 500 Merrit by not doing 15 more posts...

FeelsBadMan

I still think a progressional distribution would have been the way to go.
Would have been better for higher Legendary accounts as well.

you're not the only one dude, by jan 30 ill rank up from full member to sr.member really feels bad right? But i didnt take it to big because i can see that this merit system will elimate those who abuse bounty by farming account and doing shit post
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:50:58 PM
Merited by Samarkand (1), Praesidium (1)

If this would be the way people actually behave, then this system might work, might. Here is another example (and I saw many more):

I did an infographic yesterday night, for the German local forum. It took me about 1h+ to make it.
I posted it in the main Merit-thread and said to OP that he could add it to his own post. I got 6 Merit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818999.msg29007624#msg29007624

A Legendary posted this and got 23 Merit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856972#msg28856972

The post literally says nothing else than "use the middle mouse button".
Now tell me, why is this "advice" 4x more valuable than me working for an hour+ ? Why did this even get Merited in the first place? (no offence)

What should I learn from this?
Sure, there are many members with a higher rank that try to help and try to be fair but as long as those other things happen, people will feel bad. I certainly do.
hashcoinusa

Activity: 342
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

sMerit is really a thing that we can share to those who are deserving, and also we must not forget that Every 1Merit we received from others is equivalent to 0.5sMerit that can be share to others so basically if you got merit many times by others like 10 merits you'll have extra 5 sMerit which you can give to those who deserved it. With that i can say the this merit system will be continuous and wont end up drying sMerit.

Responsibility to reward the people for good posting will be key to success of merit based program.  Those who are on path to next level of membership can get help by sharing their quality post to Legendary members on thread like

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.0
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:56:14 PM
Merited by Deena (1)

to get a member you need 10 merits and to get a full member of 100 merits. x10 Carl! just like people's desire to grow bitcoin price! Was it originally intended to donate, sell or beg the merit?
Yes, a huge and almost impossible distance between them, and so small quantity of sMerits that member's have. I'm very disapointed. All of that was done only for hero/legendary, simply like in my country at the government. They do everything only for themselves, for to take as much money and influence as possible from people who have lower rank, and absolutely don't think about others. How much Merits they sent to juniors, members and others newbies?) Not much)) Will they soon sale Merits? We will see it soon too)
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:57:06 PM

Sure, there are many members with a higher rank that try to help and try to be fair but as long as those other things happen, people will feel bad. I certainly do.

There can be some exceptions. His post was made just few minutes after the change was announced and the people giving those merits might not have got used to the system. Also, you did a great job and for such a work, you will keep getting merits. Last time I checked, you have 7 in total for that instead of 6.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:59:51 PM

If this would be the way people actually behave, then this system might work, might. Here is another example (and I saw many more):

I did an infographic yesterday night, for the German local forum. It took me about 1h+ to make it.
I posted it in the main Merit-thread and said to OP that he could add it to his own post. I got 6 Merit

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818999.msg29007624#msg29007624

A Legendary posted this and got 23 Merit:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28856972#msg28856972

The post literally says nothing else than "use the middle mouse button".
Now tell me, why is this "advice" 4x more valuable than me working for an hour+ ? Why did this even get Merit in the first place? (no offence)

Well I give you 1 Merit for your effort to share your knowledge in your local board, but dont be sad if other high ranked people get many merit by just posting about something because first all they don't force someone to merit their posts, it is the choice of the people to whom they will give their sMerit, just continue sharing knowledge buddy and many will appreciate you(like me) and eventually you'll received what you deserved.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:11:45 PM

Now tell me, why is this "advice" 4x more valuable than me working for an hour+ ? Why did this even get Merited in the first place? (no offence)
You have to realize that time spent doesn't necessarily correlate with quality. While I am not necessarily saying that your infographic was poor, people may have found it somewhat less helpful than the advice on how to easily open the merit page.

You also have to understand that your post was in the middle of a megathread that is increasing by several pages by the day, and the other post is on the front page of such thread and easy to find.
Nevermind, I misread. In this case though, your post is in the German local section where only a percentage of the forum will even look at. The other post is on the front page of one of the most popular threads in this section, which it's likely a great deal of the forum has visited.
B4RF

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:15:13 PM

You have to realize that time spent doesn't necessarily correlate with quality. While I am not necessarily saying that your infographic was poor, people may have found it somewhat less helpful than the advice on how to easily open the merit page.

You also have to understand that your post was in the middle of a megathread that is increasing by several pages by the day, and the other post is on the front page of such thread and easy to find.

And you missed one important point as well.
The Merit system is not objective but subjective  Tongue

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:17:35 PM

As I already pointed out in another thread, this is one of the downsides of the
merit system in my opinion.

Personally, I think the merit system has another downside that could potentially
become visible in the next few weeks. The opening poster of every thread is much more likely
to receive merits than a high-quality reply that is buried on page 17 of a thread with 23 pages. This
could incentivize people, who mainly post in order to receive merits to create new
threads instead of participating in existing discussions.

Let´s hope that I´m wrong and this is an unfounded worry.

A possible way to combat this problem would be to award a higher amount of merits
when you come across a post that is buried in the middle of a megathread.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:17:52 PM

You forget one major difference: It's a post in a local sub. People that dont speak German dont know what youre saying, they don't know what your infographic says.
The possible users to give you merit thus are limited. I'd expect local posts to get merit slower, but maybe not less than english threads, the difference is simply exposure.

FWIW I merited that post right after I saw it (yesterday), not because I need the infographic, but because I can appreciate the time being spent on creating one.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Gramatton

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:19:15 PM

It would be reasonable if the merits were calculated in accordance with the activity, and not with the rank. Many frontier guards suffered, especially juniors - 2-5 activity were missing from the member and now please ... (I read in other topics that in this shift of ranks (January 30), merits will not be taken into account! And this at least somehow compensated for the effect of surprise )

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:20:17 PM

You forget one major difference: It's a post in a local sub. People that dont speak German dont know what youre saying, they don't know what your infographic says.
I make a post and it sits for 5+ minutes with no replies. I edit the post and 2 people immediately reply to the older version. Cry

when you come across a post that is buried in the middle of a megathread.
I'm not sure about that. The majority of megathreads on this forum are full of nothing but spam. Rewarding people for posting in such won't help anything.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:29:32 PM

I've sMerited a few people, but so far no-one has Merited me. So i envision very soonish i will run out of any to give ;d

:]
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:38:33 PM

why this hero member got 1000 Merits?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=675421

any idea?

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:41:48 PM

Same reason why <-- this guy has them.
He's in the legendary window, theymos added 500 merit for all heroes that could possibly already be a legendary based on the start of the window.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
VolgaSmart

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:44:37 PM

It would be reasonable if the merits were calculated in accordance with the activity, and not with the rank. Many frontier guards suffered, especially juniors - 2-5 activity were missing from the member and now please ... (I read in other topics that in this shift of ranks (January 30), merits will not be taken into account! And this at least somehow compensated for the effect of surprise )

I fully understand you, my Junior brother, the merit system is a big surprise for all of us. But what can we do ? Just adopt and mine merits one by one writing good posts. On the other hand it is better than paying money to rank up. And amount of activities needed to rank up also can be increased. Better merits than that.
B4RF

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:54:07 PM

why this hero member got 1000 Merits?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=675421

any idea?

Because of this change:

I missed it by only some posts as well.
Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose Cheesy

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: