Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:16:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:18:53 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 09:36:33 AM by rik_khaos

Transparency...

<snip>

Transparency...

Very good. Seriously. I applaud this new approach.

Still wondering where our refund is. We don't want your miner anymore. We want a refund.

Other than that, keep this up. People are cooling down, see? Because information.
So what?
Even if people are cooled down they have lost their money already. This is another amt trick to buy more time.
Just ask for refund.
Leave their precious crap with them to mine  Grin

Asking for a refund even via their "proper channels" has left me with out a response so what is the point really?

You either wait it out or sue. Get your complaints in so if you have to go the route of legal action you have it taken care of for later. Because like you say you've already lost your money.

You have my full and expressed permission to post my fed-ex tracking number when you ship my miner.

I'm Curt Shaffer #1432.

The address you'll see on the shipment is

11221 S 51st St
Apt 1064
Phoenix AZ, 85044

Now you all know my address and if they post my tracking number then you'll at least know when they've shipped mine.

For anyone who gets any wild ideas I suggest you take a moment and rethink them. 

Also I'd like the rack mount case option, if there is more room for expandability.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:24:13 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:49:41 AM by ISAWHIM

+1 for the news update. (However -10 for the rest of the decisions.)

You want a solution to the cage issue...

There should be no cage. At the most, you needed a back-plate mount and a supporting brace on the other side.

Get some tin-snips and cut-off the whole restrictive front and back, or add a fan directly on the cage, to PULL AIR through the fins.

Problem solved, you can pay me in BTC. You could have just hired me to design you a full system for cheap. I know all the tricks of the trade. That is what I do for fun.

That is why I still want the DIY-kit option you asked us about.

P.S. A pair of tin-snips can also put two cuts on the short-sides of the wide hole, on the top-edge. That would allow you to just "bend" an angled vent to double the size of the exhaust. (You really need a creative artistic engineer on your team.)

P.P.S. Those holes on the back of the tower... You might want to cover those with a length of cheap plastic. That is allowing dead-air spots and air-flow to escape, before it has time to flow across the boards. Not sure what the cover for the case looks like, but if it has holes, might want to cover those too, unless there is a fan there. (Also, grills over fans = dumb. The fans you are using, are "open-air flow", they have little static-pressure. Those restrictions of the grills, make them like 80% inefficient for moving air. Only squirrel-cage fans are intended to have grills and handle high static-loads. Also, big fans produce more heat and draw more power. Buy 120v/240v fans and you don't pull that power from the PSU.)

P.P.P.S. You can also cut the cooling-fins at a 45-degree angle where they normally restrict air-flow at the hole... that allows more air to pass-through. You can even use the cages as they are, that way. But you have to cut all your heat-sinks. Tongue Easier to cut that whole plate off the mount/cage.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:14:10 PM

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C. If the chip shuts down, the chain breaks cause the whole the unit to basically shut down from a hashing perspective. If you're using putty, you'll see an error message similar to CMD_READ_REG ERROR. If you see this, unplug it, wait 30 minutes restart it via putty and do the following:

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

And check to see if the cores in each chip are ok.

Also there are two 4-5 fans in this case. There are two 140's under the cage blow air up through the fins. The 200mm exhaust on top and the 120mm x 1 or 2 in the front of the case blowing air in.

So...if you have 2-4 restarts like the highlighted one and you are looking at 1-2 hours of downtime daily plus that you need to monitor the thing the whole fucking day. AMT you must be very proud of your work.

Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:28:43 PM

The chip itself has an overheat threshold which is around 130's C. If the chip shuts down, the chain breaks cause the whole the unit to basically shut down from a hashing perspective. If you're using putty, you'll see an error message similar to CMD_READ_REG ERROR. If you see this, unplug it, wait 30 minutes restart it via putty and do the following:

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

Also there are two 4-5 fans in this case. There are two 140's under the cage blow air up through the fins. The 200mm exhaust on top and the 120mm x 1 or 2 in the front of the case blowing air in.

So...if you have 2-4 restarts like the highlighted one and you are looking at 1-2 hours of downtime daily plus that you need to monitor the thing the whole fucking day. AMT you must be very proud of your work.

I have both AMT and Cointerra miners in my farm.   I have similar issues with the cointerra as well.  All of sudden cointerra boards just drop and i have to power cycle the unit. same crap.

I have not had a board drop on my AMT.  I have had to power cycle since a board didn't come online, but once its running it running. 

I my miner has the old cage.  I run it with the side panel off and do not have any over heating issues.  I have seen the new cages when i was at AMT and they are soid, but there was an issue with the holes.  AMT is working to get miners out.  When i was there a Fedex freight showed up and picked up a pallet of miners going out to Michigan. 

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:47:18 PM

Transparency...

four weeks ago we hired a design team to help us design a customized cage for the modules. We could have always opted to go with the swiss case and produce but even they have been modifying that as well.

Transparency...

AMT logic: we can go with the swiss design, but we won't because they will(or "have been" not really sure when the case choice was made. before or after they modify their case?) modify it. WTF? I still don't understand why they didn't go with the swiss case. Can someone explain me?

When did AMT received the chips? Was it only four weeks ago?

Miramyn

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:03:11 PM

A client which sympathizes with our situation on this thread made some high def photos of his 1.2Th, we thank for his help.

mahoosiva bahemoth of a miner! and real

All they did here was repost MBlackouts pictures from when he posted them earlier in the thread.
You can see the same IP and speed on the 2nd pic as he posted. What are the odds of identical IP and speed from a different client.

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

A client which sympathizes with our situation on this thread made some high def photos of his 1.2Th, we thank for his help.

Guys,
Just wondering does the whole unit shutdown on overheat, before things burn out, just thinking of single fan on top if it fails what happens? I hate for it to become a really expensive brick?

root
amt
killall cgminer
cgminer -DT

Perfect, I can use the top 200mm for exhausting and connecting ducting and funneling, i.e. cold intake surrounding, thanks for following some of my earlier advice...

I've worked on unix/linux for 20 years, I think I can manage to restart cgminer, thanks for steps though anyway...sometimes cgminer bombs out, sometimes it just hangs...

if you do have s/w fixes or workarounds are you going to place those in client/customer area for d/l and updating the s/w on the pi?

We bought you (and everyone else who wants one) rackmount cases (RPC-450B 4U Rackmount Case) Naran, do you want the desktop cases instead?

I've love to see the rack case fully populated actually, I've not seen everything in one yet, thus my comments on tower, I'd thought you'd never ask actually...I just hope the cooling is equal to or exceeds the tower :-)
i as soon as my miners recieved that is will be looking at possibly trying to oil cool the unit either dump the lot in a fishtank of oil or building a thermal transfer unit and rad for the 200m fan with a push pul configuration as i see temps are really an issue if sucessful i will share with the community the results. plus maybe sell u guys some or give details how to make
I did submerged oil cooling with some of my miners and it works great if you have good oil circulation. one thing I did notice was, once I took the boards out and inspected them, I found that the arctic compound was made less efficient by the oil. another oil cooling user mentioned that some of the compounds don't work well when mixed with oil. it made a few of the cores less able to receive the cooling effect of the oil therefore some cores still stayed hotter than normal. it will depend on the compound used by AMT.

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

Transparency...

four weeks ago we hired a design team to help us design a customized cage for the modules. We could have always opted to go with the swiss case and produce but even they have been modifying that as well.

The design team ran us up quite a lot in a week or so and we ordered (quick turn from rapid sheet metal in NH) 400+ cages.

The designers did not leave holes in the cages for airflow to pass over the top of the boards (chips/chipsinks) but more over just holes which were the exact size of the heatsink fins.

So with the chip's data sheet specifying airflow/thermal dissipation 30% on top and 70% on the bottom this would work and chips would over heat. So we're stuck with 400+ sheet metal cages that dont work - we got quotes on cutting out the pannels of the cages, drilling holes etc..  So what's the quick fix to fab 400 sheet metal cages.. New heatsinks.

We ordered new heatsinks with more fins and 3mm fin height difference allowing us to utilize that gap for chipsink thermal flow.  New sinks took 4 days to come in, cut to length extrusion, and 2-3 days to CNC from a nice guy with great pricing who has become the end of the day bitch station of all the things that went wrong during the course of the day. So the next week became a early morning and late evening pickup of heatsinks.

designers back in the lab charging us to fix the mess they made and we told them this time - make it like a fence. So they finished after a few days and sent the designs back to Rapid - who turned it around in a week (not very rapid) and sent the first 100 units over on tuesday and what did we find out.. the designers did not add the 2nd and 4th screw holes on the back side of the cage..

Called rapid they said send it back - quoted a week or two in turn around.. called larger shops they weren't available didn't have any time for quick turn runs...etc You're thinking so what .... it's only 4 screw holes you can drill them yourself, not quite. The holes need to be exact to the mm because if they are off by .2mm than your backplane wont fit in the right way and eventually lead to more problems.

CM offered up a quote of $10 per cage to have a few guys they know come in and do it. Also referred us to another character that came back rather too quickly with quotes in thousands. Trying to do several ourselves, some came close but nothing professional and came out with correct holes spacing but bent sides etc... just a world of crap.

In the end the nightly complaining at the CNC shop (heatsink pickup round 6) we mentioned it to our cnc guy and he was like ... "we can do that, $2 a cage done in 48hrs."  

The CNC was already set to drill and tap the holes on the sinks which was the spacing it needed to be on the cage, so he was able to make a sheet metal template for manual drilling and had one of the shop minions do the drilling.

Moral of the story - ask everyone, call around and get quotes, but ultimately the guy that runs that CNC is gonna know what to do and how to handle shit situations.

This is one of several factors that has attributed to our delayed status.

Transparency...

And that is what this is all about. Sadly you guys just learned that there were some suck vendors that could not make things properly to spec. Then found someone who could and now you are on your way. That clears up quite a bit actually. And makes sense. I have experienced similar issues with custom SAN storage I built for a client (they were on a very strict budget and EMC or NETAPP 30TB arrays were just to expensive) so I went out and had custom cases built for them based on Backblaze open storage designs. The first place borked the whole design up I told them this was all sorts of wrong as nothing fit (they had exact CAD designs to work with so no excuses) But yea working with machine shops can sometimes be a bitch.  

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:51:45 PM

All they did here was repost MBlackouts pictures from when he posted them earlier in the thread.
You can see the same IP and speed on the 2nd pic as he posted. What are the odds of identical IP and speed from a different client.

Yes and they said as much. They didn't hide that fact. They thanked the member who did. I put it in bold so it is not missed.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:05:43 PM

...And where the hell is Bruno?

<snip>nice dinner at Hard Rock</snip>

SYSTEM ERROR
does not compute

Hard Rock Cafe, but I see how you could've been confused considering the make-up of the company, hence the humor.
Miramyn

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:09:06 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 07:25:19 PM by Miramyn

Yes and they said as much. They didn't hide that fact. They thanked the member who did. I put it in bold so it is not missed.

The way it was posted makes it seem as if it is different client meaning multiple 1.2's out there.
In fact, its the same ONE miner that was previously posted.
That was my point

And based on what you bolded all it says is a client, not the same client who posted earlier.
They didnt hide that fact, which I didn't imply they did, but they also didn't make it clear its the same miner as before.

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
giorgiotheclown

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

@Bruno
Are you headed out there? On a flight? Please send pics!!

Flight idea still pending. Ideally, I would rather return Thursday afternoon, for the Wednesday schedule is too tight for me for my liking, having nothing to do with on AMT's end. Just a personal thing. Shall, in re. pics.

Bruno,

In general the evening is better for us to meet at the office so it's great that you'll be coming around that time.  The flight scheduled that we proposed earlier flies same time on Thursday as well. If you're ok with that schedule, 1pm out 10pm in, we can go ahead and change the reservation to Thursday, so that you don't have to drive. Apologies for the delayed response, this was the first chance we had to see how this situation had developed. Glad you're coming, let us know about the flight.

I just sent you a PM prior to you knowing you were online.

I am driving. NOT FLYING. Or is it: "I AM DRIVING. Not flying."? Whatever.

Ideally, dinner together would be nice.

~Bruno Kucinskas

@giorgiomybestfriend

can i visit you 28.3.2014 at your company and talk with you personal?

Name:   giorgiomassa
Activity:   207
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   May 07, 2013, 07:31:07 AM
Last Active:   March 22, 2014, 01:19:31 PM

Allow me to translate:

"It's you monumental assholes that give me, Giorgio Massarotto, and the venable Joshua Zipkin, a bad rap! That's why I didn't use my full real name when I created this account, having a feeling that you pricks will resort to dragging us in the mud as soon as one itsy-bitsy production issue arose. You guys sicken me, and shall be punished by us sending you your precious if we feel up to it. Creating vaporware is hard. Keeping track of vaporware orders is even harder. Spending the millions of dollars amass via bitcoins is even harder yet. Now, if you'll excuse me, Joshua wants to play with my little titties again."

"YO! That goes doubely from I, a 6 years Penn State grad with a good GPA whatever that means, dude. Now, I gotta play with my Giorgio's little titties, so 'cuseeeee me!"

LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U&feature=youtu.be

lol

say some nice stuff Cheesy

http://kryptonews.blogspot.ch/2014/07/bitminech-sticht-in-die-hohe-see-hinaus.html 1 empty duff beer can and 3 zywiec bottle caps 9.99 BTC + pic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658825.0 ~Bruno Kucinskas -> youtube.com/watch?v=iO-EGJhdx4U
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:43:13 PM

I actually hoped that bruno would go down there and get the answers people needed, but it turns out he's all talk, and you bribed him with a miner. Too bad.

Boy, do I have the answers, but haven't taken the time yet to penned them.

I wasn't bribed with a miner! I lied my ass off to secure that miner in lieu of the 20 BTC bounty promised, but Josh reneged on. In fact, if anybody else would have brought me in, he wouldn't have paid out the bounty to them either, according to what he told me during the first ten minutes of our meetup.

Let me repeat that. I lied my ass off to Josh so that I would walk away with something since the 20 BTC was no longer in the cards. Josh also wanted me to delete all my posts. So after about a half hour or so doing such in front of him, I announced that I had completed the tasks and that it looks like I deleted 216 posts--an amount I pulled outta my ass, of which I probably deleted about 100. He also wanted a couple videos to make himself look good.

Josh honestly believes that it was I who put a major dent into his enterprise, and that he had a handle of everything till I came along and fucked it all up. And that I am the one that has caused a decrease in sales and that I destroyed his brand.

Unfortunately, I've met people like Josh before, and it doesn't work out too good for them in the long run. They want to have complete control of any given situation. Case in point, Josh even had a cease and desist letter at his ready, but didn't have to play that card, because unbeknown to him I had control of the playing-mister-nice-guy deck.

Even up the last minute, Josh still wasn't sure if what he was doing was the right thing, but I just continued to talk sweet him, patting him on his back, assuring him that together we'll turn this company around. When I finally got back in my car and Josh was returning to the office, I said out loud what a fuckin' idiot, and smiled (inside car outta earshot).

More fun facts:

Josh does not do drugs. But, he operates on very little sleep and mega cans of RedBull.
Supposedly, Josh and his partner, Jim Brown, have mortgage off their homes to keep AMT going.
According to Josh, there is no cash for me or for any refunds. They are just getting by.
At one point, while outside smoking a cigarette with Josh still inside, Jim Brown slipped up and referred to Josh as his brother with, "My brother knows more about what's going on with the company than I do."
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:49:50 PM

They admit an camera they used customer's funds to give this guy a miner to say nice stuff.  Unbelievable....You can't do that. That is like trading your own personal stocks before your clients.

I'm behind, and don't know what this is in reference to. Who has who on camera?
opieum2

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:06:49 PM

All said and done tho. They are trying to get this business going. I mean if they had to mortgage their homes off for this it has to say something about their intentions as well. But at this point I imagine we will start getting our miners. All I want is to get my investment in my hands. I think some of us want that at this point. They could turn this around but it requires some rethinking on how to handle an internet crowd of diverse people. Openness for starters which they have already started doing with why they had the delays in the first place a couple pages back. Perhaps with more of this we start seeing some progress towards getting hardware out the door.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:40:13 PM

Josh honestly believes that it was I who put a major dent into his enterprise, and that he had a handle of everything till I came along and fucked it all up. And that I am the one that has caused a decrease in sales and that I destroyed his brand.

Unfortunately, I've met people like Josh before, and it doesn't work out too good for them in the long run. They want to have complete control of any given situation. Case in point, Josh even had a cease and desist letter at his ready, but didn't have to play that card, because unbeknown to him I had control of the playing-mister-nice-guy deck.

Even up the last minute, Josh still wasn't sure if what he was doing was the right thing, but I just continued to talk sweet him, patting him on his back, assuring him that together we'll turn this company around. When I finally got back in my car and Josh was returning to the office, I said out loud what a fuckin' idiot, and smiled (inside car outta earshot).

More fun facts:

Josh does not do drugs. But, he operates on very little sleep and mega cans of RedBull.
Supposedly, Josh and his partner, Jim Brown, have mortgage off their homes to keep AMT going.
According to Josh, there is no cash for me or for any refunds. They are just getting by.
At one point, while outside smoking a cigarette with Josh still inside, Jim Brown slipped up and referred to Josh as his brother with, "My brother knows more about what's going on with the company than I do."

So now we have 2 Josh tards on this forum. Great!

Again very well played. Such a good read and such a fail company. I'm waiting for your next target PG! What stakes you used to play poker?

athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:15:01 PM

I'm looking at this picture and it doesn't quite add up... I don't see a cat 5 hook up in the back yet it shows it is powered on and hashing when the cat 5 in the front isn't hooked up.
regtable69

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

I'm looking at this picture and it doesn't quite add up... I don't see a cat 5 hook up in the back yet it shows it is powered on and hashing when the cat 5 in the front isn't hooked up.
arent pis also wifi enabled?Huh
or possibly the display sticks if you just pop the ethernet out

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:32:07 PM

arent pis also wifi enabled?Huh
or possibly the display sticks if you just pop the ethernet out

possible... but don't see wifi card or antenna either.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:37:40 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 04:57:30 PM by loshia

As i said when i see fireman arround at the pics that would be a good sign that they have tried at least Grin
AMT PLEASE EXPLAIN WHERETHE HELL WEREALL THE MINERS SHIPED A MOUNTH AGO? WAS ANYTHING SHIPPED AT ALL?
DOES THIS CRAP WORKS AT ALL?
WILL YOUR CUSTOMERS EVER GET SOMETHING?
WHO WILL COVER THEIR LOSS?
WHY ARE YOU NOT HONORING REFUND REQUESTS?
HOW LONG DO YOU THINK YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME?
AND FINALY ASK YOUR BRIGHT ENGEENERS TO DESIGN UNBREAKABLE CADGE FOR YOU> I THINK YOU GONNA NEED ONE SOON. SO BETTER TO GET USED TO IT IN ADVANCE!
It is a shame !!!!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg5288381#msg5288381
WHERE ARE THEY
Zipkin POSERKO Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin It stinks already!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: