Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Technobit HEX16A2 - 24 Ghs - 50 EUR 48 h shippment  (Read 104805 times)
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 03:47:51 PM

So it seems Technobit hands them over to Speedy, and Speedy hands them over to DPD (or something like that).
Downside is that both sites still state the package hasn't left Bulgaria yet Sad

Anyway, I thought this information might be useful for some people here.

I had no tracking number at all when my order went to "shipped", selected DPD shipping at checkout, but it came with Speedy stickers all over the box.

Please state the date of your order that will help people know where they are in the order queue.

I choose DPD, got tracking number which didnt work on DPD's site, but they worked on speedy's site http://www.speedy.bg/

Having said that the *cough* tracking *cough* is totally useless, very delayed and the only status updates are : "Courier Pick-up", "Received in Office" and "Delivered".

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Umklopp

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:53:41 PM

And after looking up the ID's from the Technobit site, the Speedy site gave me DPD numbers as well. And hey, those numbers work on the DPD site Smiley

So it seems Technobit hands them over to Speedy, and Speedy hands them over to DPD (or something like that).
Downside is that both sites still state the package hasn't left Bulgaria yet Sad

Thanks for sharing.

The tracking in german seems to be more detailed. I can see that it will be delivered tomorrow.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:44:29 AM

And after looking up the ID's from the Technobit site, the Speedy site gave me DPD numbers as well. And hey, those numbers work on the DPD site Smiley

Speedy is DPD representative in bulgaria. This happen also to me with HEX16A, because i am in asia, so speedy use DHL to ship the item. But they never told me & give me DHL tracking number. I only know about that when package arrived with DHL courier. I see that now they had change in policy by giving partner tracking number to reduce headache.
Speedy tracking page is totally useless LOL, the worst ever exist.
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:10:25 AM

Please state the date of your order that will help people know where they are in the order queue.
15-11 and 20-11
Both orders contain hex16a2 and nanofury usb miners

I also have an order from 28-11 which contais only hex16a2 but that one isn't shipped yet
Jeffrey

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:15:44 AM

I just re-checked (I'm SO impatient haha) and both the speedy site and DPD site show me new information.

Speedy:
2013-12-18 18:37:17   Пpиeмaнe oт клиeнт   COФИЯ
2013-12-18 19:31:34   Пpиeмaнe oт кypиep/cлyжитeл   COФИЯ
2013-12-20 16:23:58   Cклaдoвa oбpaбoткa   0180-Neufahrn, GERMANY
2013-12-21 02:21:57   Cклaдoвa oбpaбoткa   0015-Unna, GERMANY

The DPD site shows kind of the same, but in a language I understand (but it get's messed up when I copy/paste it here)
So seems to be going well, packages are in Germany now.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:54:32 PM

15-11 and 20-11

I also have an order from 28-11 which contais only hex16a2 but that one isn't shipped yet
Hey
watch technobit site for cgminer(patch)/tplink upgrade with nano support. It should be released any moment Wink

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:05:45 PM

15-11 and 20-11

Hey
watch technobit site for cgminer(patch)/tplink upgrade with nano support. It should be released any moment Wink

Seriously ?? I can't wait  Grin
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:34:31 PM

15-11 and 20-11

Hey

Yes Dude 2.5Gh + per nano ....
Just refresh it frequently...
This is in return for your nice post card. I liked it  Cheesy

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:49:56 PM

Received my package, ordered on 10th Nov '13, delivered on 17 Dec '13.

In brief, happy with the performance overall. Well packaged, great value product. That said, I have some concerns over obviously rushed assembly, lacking basic quality control.

See image above, there's one screw, nearest the molex connector which has a screw which is blatantly different from all the rest, it does not fit properly, and actually makes multiple points of contact with the conductive elements of components on the board.

This grey bit looked strangely out of place so I thought I better have a quick inspection, considering I've got the replace the terrible screw above. This actually turned out to be a piece of cardboard. WTF.

This is the bit of cardboard, it was flipped over and slightly differently positioned when the heatsink is on. I've no fucking idea why someone thought it was a sensible idea to put a piece of cardboard between the heat sink and the board. Remembering these boards run VERY hot. I've no idea if this would have ever caught fire, but I HIGHLY recommend that everyone else check their units. You can probably also tell there was masses and masses of thermal paste strung across the face side of the board too, and thermal paste finger prints on all the steel hex mount legs, but these didn't really concern me.

I was replacing the fan with an Arctic F9 too, and I noticed that the stock fan that was used also had dust build-up on the leading edge of the blades and had obviously been run, for some time, too. Charitably, this could have been a burn-in test.

I cleaned all the excess thermal paste from the board face. Replaced the stock fan. Removed the cardboard from between the PCB/HSF unit. Fixed the appallingly bad screw. The non-HSF side of the chips measured 62deg C on the settings I'm running, so I added 16 small copper heat sinks, one to each chip. I will possibly add a second fan to the undersides too if I'm concerned about the heat. It's running very stable at 1500/1.050v @ 23.14GHs

All the above considered, it's a great product at the price. It wouldn't be if it cost much more though.
marto74 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:46:13 PM

Sorry I see that you got one of first 10 samples made on eurocircuts fast(2 day) boards.
Actually these are not supposed to be sent to customers.
The production one have excess termo paste too, we believe better more than less.
Also the hexagon risers are not standard .
In terms of speed it is the same you just got a test board.
We can exchange it for you if you wish.
Best Martin

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
btmtb

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:50:20 PM

Sorry I see that you got one of first 10 samples made on eurocircuts fast(2 day) boards.
Actually these are not supposed to be sent to customers.
The production one have excess termo paste too, we believe better more than less.
Also the hexagon risers are not standard .
In terms of speed it is the same you just got a test board.
We can exchange it for you if you wish.
Best Martin

Hi Marto, glad to see you checking in and keeping an eye out for feedback. If there's no functional difference between the production and test ones (what are the changes you made between test and final, just out of curiosity), I'm fine with the board to be honest now I've tweaked those bits, Just glad to have one here. Who knows, maybe it I can call it a collectors edition further down the line Tongue

To re-iterate my main point above, it's a good value product, and for those in doubt, they really are being shipped, just be patient.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 01:38:32 AM

Hey

Yes Dude 2.5Gh + per nano ....
Just refresh it frequently...
This is in return for your nice post card. I liked it  Cheesy

Nice  Grin Compiling cgminer on pi right now.

marto, i hope you not forget to upload TPLINK image  Cheesy
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:45:59 AM

This grey bit looked strangely out of place so I thought I better have a quick inspection, considering I've got the replace the terrible screw above. This actually turned out to be a piece of cardboard. WTF.

This is the bit of cardboard, it was flipped over and slightly differently positioned when the heatsink is on. I've no fucking idea why someone thought it was a sensible idea to put a piece of cardboard between the heat sink and the board. Remembering these boards run VERY hot. I've no idea if this would have ever caught fire, but I HIGHLY recommend that everyone else check their units. You can probably also tell there was masses and masses of thermal paste strung across the face side of the board too, and thermal paste finger prints on all the steel hex mount legs, but these didn't really concern me.

My two HEX16A board also had that kind of cardboard but i just leave it there since i though maybe there is a reason for that.
Already run for 1 month without problem  Smiley
btmtb

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:00:42 AM

My two HEX16A board also had that kind of cardboard but i just leave it there since i though maybe there is a reason for that.
Already run for 1 month without problem  Smiley
If mine wasn't just a one-off I wonder if it was a rough-and-ready way of insulating some of the solder points on the bottom from shorting out against the alu heatsink, but from its positioning, I wasn't sure. Maybe Martin can offer some insight?
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:05:16 AM

Already run for 1 month without problem  Smiley
If mine wasn't just a one-off I wonder if it was a rough-and-ready way of insulating some of the solder points on the bottom from shorting out against the alu heatsink, but from its positioning, I wasn't sure. Maybe Martin can offer some insight?

Yup, i really love to hear marto explanation since i don't like to open the heatsink to see it  Grin
marto74 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:22:43 AM

So generally as far the heatsink is machined there with 0.5 mm step and this edge of the board( around USB connector) is in the air, and can eventually bend
This cardboard is to prevent from shortening a few 3.3 and 5 V + points from shortening to the heatsink .
This was last minute patch on hex16A and it worked great -  600 units delivered.
So it was left like this as far we are always in a hurry with the next 2 products.
3 revisions of the heatsink and We forget to put a boss there in a suitable place.
Do not worry about fire. This is in the cool part of the board

Martin

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:26:20 AM

So generally as far the heatsink is machined there with 0.5 mm step and this edge of the board( around USB connector) is in the air, and can eventually bend
This cardboard is to prevent from shortening a few 3.3 and 5 V + points from shortening to the heatsink .
This was last minute patch on hex16A and it worked great -  600 units delivered.
So it was left like this as far we are always in a hurry with the next 2 products.
3 revisions of the heatsink and We forget to put a boss there in a suitable place.
Do not worry about fire. This is in the cool part of the board

Martin

Smiley Thanks for the explanation marto  Cheesy
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:51:55 AM

Hi marto,

I had plan to not use the molex connector but will just solder the power cable to molex connector pin.
I checked the schematic & see that +5 VDC from molex isolated by unmounted R42.
So i want to make sure that i only need +12 VDC only right ?
stiffla

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:23:22 AM

Hi guys,

I followed the instructions on page 11 to get the board running with cgminer, but no success so far. Also on windows it was not possible for me the get it running.

The board LED's are blinking sometimes , sometimes not. Has anyone any Idea or had the same problems?
At least it got recognized on my raspberry, but thats all so far.

My android monitoring app for Slush's pool: BTCDroid 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eiabea.btcdroid&hl=de
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:41:32 AM

Hi guys,

I followed the instructions on page 11 to get the board running with cgminer, but no success so far. Also on windows it was not possible for me the get it running.

The board LED's are blinking sometimes , sometimes not. Has anyone any Idea or had the same problems?
At least it got recognized on my raspberry, but thats all so far.

Could you please tell us you configuration & which miner board(HEX16A, HEX16B, HEX16C, Nanofury)  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: