Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:22:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700833 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:22:17 AM

Just put -allcoins 1 in "Command Line", inside Properties.

Tried that many times, it just doesn't work.  Tried -allcoins 1 as well as allcoins 1.  It doesn't do anything.

EDIT:  I finally got it to work by putting ALLPOOLS in the Claymore section.  I know I tried ALLCOINS before and it didn't work.  Something strange going on there.
So the Claymore mining software was telling you to add "-allcoins 1", and you did that and used the Diagnostics button to verify that Awesome Miner sent this. And the Claymore mining software still gave the same error about "-allcoins 1", although it was passed already - and the solution was to include ALLPOOLS instead? I'm just making sure I understand the scenario here. The entire concept with allcoins and allpools can be a bit complex.

Good that you managed to get it working.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:23:58 AM

I must be doing something wrong... version 4.0.

I did a full benchmark on one of my two 1070s (GPU 0).

I said "save to profile" and started my managed miner back up.

As I type this, it's mining X14 at 10 cents USD per day and has been for an hour now. 

I feel like I must have screwed up something when I benchmarked.  Anyone have any idea?  Thanks.
Can you review if your hashrates looks OK? If you look at the Profit profile you saved your hashrates to (Options dialog, Profit profile), does the hashrates look correct? And your Managed Profit Miner is configured to use this specific Profit profile?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:26:08 AM

So right now WhatToMine is showing I should be making $1 per day more with MUSIC than EXP but Awesome Miner is showing the opposite, I'm making $1 more with EXP.  I thought Awesome Miner got it's data from WhatToMine?  Why the discrepancy?

EDIT:  After three hours of running EXP it's clear I'm making more than I did with MUSIC.
WhatToMine uses 24h profitability by default, but can be changed to use current. Awesome Miner uses current profitability by default, by can be changed to use 24h (Options dialog, Statistics section)

geobull

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:06:56 AM

sorry if this question is already asked.  How can I connect Avalon miners to Awesome Miner any instruction ?  I put host IP adress to Avalon but it says I have to configure CGMINER how?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 12:27:41 PM

sorry if this question is already asked.  How can I connect Avalon miners to Awesome Miner any instruction ?  I put host IP adress to Avalon but it says I have to configure CGMINER how?
Avalon is supported and you can specify it as Cgminer when you add it.

To get privileged API access, go to the Avalon configuration tool: Status -> CGMiner Configuration. Enter a rule like this, if Awesome Miner is on the 192.168.x.x network.
W:192.168.0.0/16,W:127.0.0.1

hurrikane

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:11:23 PM

I'm experiencing a few very odd things with benchmarking. Great feature, thanks! AM seems to forget about benchmarking occasionally. I benchmark all algo's, "Save to profile," then start mining. Here I run into the first issue. AM will not mine anything except to an XMR pool with suprnova that I do not have configured. I don't have any XMR pools nor do I have do any mining at suprnova. I have no idea where this is coming from. I can start and stop the miner all I want and it will only mine XMR until I reboot the host. Then it works just fine using the pools that I actually have configured. It does this every single time on every single profit miner. I have screenshots but not really sure how to attach here.

So after reboot I'm running on my pools. Great! Then comes the loss of hashrates from the benchmarks. I think this is related to profit groups. I haven't found the trigger, but every few hours I'd look to see what AM was doing and find that all the hashrates were back to the default. I believe it's related to groups because after I set each miner to a single GPU profile rather than a group it stopped happening (so far...).

Lastly, once everything in benchmarked and rebooted the miner appears to pick the most profitable coin/algo, however it is not listed on the "Coins" tab. The algo isn't even on the page so I have no idea why it's not mining one one of the top couple of coins. I double checked this on WhatToMine, the data source, and it's no where to be found there either. According to AM math, it is mining something more profitable than the #1 item on the Coins page though, so maybe this isn't all that bad?

If it helps, I'm configured for only zpool right now while trying to figure out some of this oddness.

Thanks!

Yes, exactly that. I have two profit profiles setup for each type of card I run. Each rig has only one type of card (1070 FE for example). I benchmark one of the FE's in the rig and click the button "Save to profile." I used to have a profit group with 8x1070 FE's but now am just using the profit profile rather than the profit group and all seems to be working fine. At least in terms of this oddity.

I still have no idea what's going on with the XMR business. Minor annoyance now that the benchmarking/profile seems to be stable. I just have to remember to bounce every rig each time I change the benchmark otherwise I'll apparently be mining for someone else's benefit Sad

Did you save your benchmarks as a profit profile?  And did you assign the profit profile you created from your benchmarks to your profit miner?  This is where it really ties all together for AM.  It will use your benchmarked profit profile, compare it to the coins tab or online services tab (depending on how you setup profit switching) and then mine the most profitable coin or algo based upon what is enabled.

geobull

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:52:05 PM

To get privileged API access, go to the Avalon configuration tool: Status -> CGMiner Configuration. Enter a rule like this, if Awesome Miner is on the 192.168.x.x network.

How to enable API?  I do not understand where is it?

192.168.x.x network.
W:192.168.0.0/16,W:127.0.0.1      API Allow(Default: W:127.0.0.1)  should I change this to what?
Rodrigo8

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Hi, I bought the Enterprise version.
I've used it with different miners with no problems. Only mining with autoswitch that could not make it work in any way.

My doubt is:
A few rigs I use the NHML (Nicehash Mining Legacy). I installed the AM agent and tried to connect the miner, also ip, however unsuccessfully. How to make AM just see Nicehash mining?

Nicehash uses several miners at the same time plus doble mining. Also installed all pools of Nicehash, put my BTC wallet as my user name etc ...nothing

I'm currently using just as a monitoring a rig with Ethos

Thanks
I assume you are using External Miner concept in Awesome Miner to connect to the mining software started by the Nicehash mining software. In order for this to work, the mining software must have API enabled and you need to know on which port the Nicehash software uses for this. Once you found this information in the Nicehash software, it should simply be to connect to the IP and port from Awesome Miner.

If you use the Managed Miner concept in Awesome Miner, you don't have to figure out these API and port configuration on your own, Awesome Miner will handle it for you. You can run different multiple mining software with Awesome Miner as well. You create a Managed Miner for each - for example one for CPU mining and another one for GPU mining.

Thank you!
Everything is working as expected. One of the problems was Windows Firewall.
The concept of profit switch is very crazy, in a few minutes I have mined more than 7 different coins. I set to update profitability every 1 minute for testing. If the numbers I am seeing are true my profit will go up ~10%. I do not understand why the big miners do not do it.

I do not know if I'm correct, but is it mandatory to benchmark one or all of the GPUs so that the profit profile correctly chooses the best ratio?

It is possible in the next versions to include Ratio counter: x.xxxx BTC/Day because this is the only way to make profit comparisons between rigs and GPUs of different currencies and MHs, Hs, Sols, GH / s

When mining with EWBF Zcash, the interface (my miners) goes offline but still mining, I do not know if this is a bug but it always happens.

Great software needs more marketing on Youtube... Thank's
Rodrigo8

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:50:11 PM

Please someone could refer an IOS app for the use of the AM API?

Thanks
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:32:31 PM

I noticed yesterday until the miner's display it showed my miner had 2 hardware errors but when I went to the GPUs tab all of my six GPUs showed zero errors.  What's up with that?
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

Thank you!
Everything is working as expected. One of the problems was Windows Firewall.
The concept of profit switch is very crazy, in a few minutes I have mined more than 7 different coins. I set to update profitability every 1 minute for testing. If the numbers I am seeing are true my profit will go up ~10%. I do not understand why the big miners do not do it.

I caution you to be careful about your estimations.  I know you are just testing with a 1 minute profit switch, but you have to realize that you are only mining a profitable coin at that instant.  By the time you go to exchange with your accumulated coins they will not be at the same level of profitability.  If you are just accumulating various coins to exchange later when the exchange rate is high, that's fine.  But... If you are depending on pool auto-switchers, or pool threshold minimums sending to an exchange, then you will more than likely miss your "peak profit window" unless you have a large group of miners to accumulate enough coins to get there in time.

Also, you probably already know this, but a profit switch time of 1 minute is too low.  You will lose valuable time in that 1 minute window while the software is switched, and the GPUs ramp up.  Depending on the algo and software, it can take 30 seconds or more to really ramp up, so you could be losing 50% of your potential earnings by ramping up every minute.

As always, do your own real-world tests, but I think you'll find what I'm saying is true.  Most large farms don't switch so often, and go for consistently strong coins most of the time or diversify across a set of the most profitable.

I do not know if I'm correct, but is it mandatory to benchmark one or all of the GPUs so that the profit profile correctly chooses the best ratio?

I would say yes, because the default values that come in the built-in profit profiles are very rough estimates.  There are many factors that will cause your GPUs to be higher or lower than the default values... GPU silicon lottery, over/underclocking, and general system performance to name a few.  You want your real-world values to be in the profit profile, otherwise AM can make a wrong decision for you.  FOr instance, if you don't set your true dual-mining Dcred value, then AM may decide that your ETH+Dcred values are very high and start mining with it... thinking it is the most profitable when it probably isn't.

It is possible in the next versions to include Ratio counter: x.xxxx BTC/Day because this is the only way to make profit comparisons between rigs and GPUs of different currencies and MHs, Hs, Sols, GH / s

Can you explain this a little more?

When mining with EWBF Zcash, the interface (my miners) goes offline but still mining, I do not know if this is a bug but it always happens.

I've seen this happen from time to time as well.  I haven't verified this, by my suspicion is that the rig may be taxed a bit when this happens.
puwaha

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:41:44 PM

I noticed yesterday until the miner's display it showed my miner had 2 hardware errors but when I went to the GPUs tab all of my six GPUs showed zero errors.  What's up with that?

This is what the mining software is reporting.  It may not be a true hardware error, as I believe AM treats all blips in the mining software as a "hardware error" so that it is displayed in the AM console somewhere so you can see something happened.
Accounts48h

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:46:26 PM

Sent you a message with question
puwaha

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:47:32 PM

Thanks

If you are using the web server feature of AM, then any web browser will do.  If you mean a true app that interfaces with the AM API, I'm not aware of any.  If you are a good IOS or Android app developer, then I'm sure that would be a neat revenue stream for you.  Patrike encourages other developers to create bolt-ons.  I'm considering diving into a bolt-on for data mining analysis.
Coulston

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:38:52 PM

Anybody knows how this happened? AM counts with Ether price more than 1000$???
It happened two times today. Prices of btc and eth are wrong, too high, so it gives wrong calculations of profit.
After 30mins prices were ok again. Too good to be true.

https://ibb.co/gQmkMv
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

How to enable API?  I do not understand where is it?

192.168.x.x network.
W:192.168.0.0/16,W:127.0.0.1      API Allow(Default: W:127.0.0.1)  should I change this to what?
I don't have any Avalon miner myself, so I cannot give detailed instructions. But my understanding is that you have some kind of web interface to configure the Avalon, where you will find the CgMiner configuration.
Yes, change from W:127.0.0.1 to W:192.168.0.0/16,W:127.0.0.1

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:51:39 PM

Thanks
If you are using the web server feature of AM, then any web browser will do.  If you mean a true app that interfaces with the AM API, I'm not aware of any.  If you are a good IOS or Android app developer, then I'm sure that would be a neat revenue stream for you.  Patrike encourages other developers to create bolt-ons.  I'm considering diving into a bolt-on for data mining analysis.
It's correct that the mobile web is the only option right now, as there are no mobile apps. As puwaha pointed out, anyone can develop applications and apps on top of Awesome Miner using the API:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/api.aspx

The Awesome Miner web interface is built on top of this API.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:53:43 PM

This is reported a bit differently depending on mining software. I will assume you use Claymore miner for the moment. This software is capable of reporting hardware errors (or Invalid Shares to be exact). The Claymore miner is however only able to report the total number for the miner, not per GPU. For this reason it can show up as 2 errors in the miner list, but when you look in the GPU list, you will see 0. The reason is that it's simply now known which GPU caused these.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:56:10 PM

Anybody knows how this happened? AM counts with Ether price more than 1000$???
It happened two times today. Prices of btc and eth are wrong, too high, so it gives wrong calculations of profit.
After 30mins prices were ok again. Too good to be true.

I've never seen that before. Awesome Miner is using Coinbase for BTC exchange rate. Next time it happens, can you try to manually open this link in the web browser, which is what Awesome Miner is using to request current rate from Coinbase:
https://api.coinbase.com/v2/prices/spot

Coulston

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:39:55 PM

It happened again, and it quickly restored after 5 mins.
I tryed this coinbase address on mining pc with Chrome / Edge few times.

I get one line json always, just with btc price!?

Got this with Chrome:
at 00:13h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"ILS","amount":"15098.09"}}
at 00:15h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"ILS","amount":"15113.67"}}
at 00:18h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"ILS","amount":"15107.02"}}
at 00:20h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"USD","amount":"4300.00"}}

And with Edge:
at 00:21h
{"data":{"base":"BTC","currency":"USD","amount":"4301.45"},"warnings":[{"id":"missing_version","message":"Please supply API version (YYYY-MM-DD) as CB-VERSION header","url":"https://developers.coinbase.com/api#versioning"}]}

Times are CET.
OS is Win10 Enterprise Evaluation. I recently updated Awe to v4.0. Before I didn't noticed this.
As I don't have Firefox on mining PC, I tried in Firefox on different pc in totally different lan and provider, and I get the same one line reply like Edge/mining pc.

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: