Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312362 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:18:46 AM

Not to be blunt but when will Monero have an official GUI wallet ?

Official, because the other wallets I dont trust that much. Can anybody tell this? Or atleast a time range 1-2 months?

Figure out this and one has a real opportunity to profit by trading Monero.

That's an easy one...gui is coming in the future.  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:25:36 AM

willing to throw 200 XMR to someone who creates an app that has the following minimum fucntionalities:

I've got 100 more XMR on top of that.  My only concern would be that the users of the online app are now implicitly trusting the app creator's honesty?  Is there any way around that?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:29:02 AM

Not to be blunt but when will Monero have an official GUI wallet ?

Official, because the other wallets I dont trust that much. Can anybody tell this? Or atleast a time range 1-2 months?

Figure out this and one has a real opportunity to profit by trading Monero.

I`m not that interested to trade monero, but  i just want to know an estimation.

Its really dissapointing to wait that much for a GUI wallet, how hard can it be to retranslate everything and make a C++ base gui wallet or whatever.

It could be done in a few weeks with some devotion.

Obviously much harder than you can imagine. The code base is very complex for even myself to read and understand. And I've had my years in computer science as my major it is still a daunting task.

It isn't easy but it is doable. I'm going through and wording the code such that you can easily identify what the hell is going on at each line that isn't obvious.

There are so many things going on under the hood of the monero-mobile (car) that to add a gui on top of all of it and link up all the objects for a gui in a way that is "developable" is a tough task.

I would rather have a gui after the code is put into libraries that fluffypony has already stated will be done.

This way things are much more organized for other future eyes who will read the code and hopefully add to the overall development of the project.

Remember most of the work done on monero  is volunteer work so expecting a product with timelines and dates to be set and adhered to is not realistic.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

1990BEARS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:33:39 AM

i think monero will eventually recover, only fall due to bitcoin compete price increase.
rossoalb

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:34:53 AM

Yeah its kinda cool... bitcoin is making almost all alts look nasty.

bitcoin will soon reach new records
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:23:17 AM

one has to be patient with xmr, people tend to sell the bottom.

btw, if anybody copys my monero address the forum/browser adds a white space in between. Is there a way to avoid it without using bbcode for code?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:27:26 AM

Monero has given excellent shorting opportunities.
I have no reason to believe it ceases to giving them in the future.
Risto is saturated with Moneros and so are probably the majority of the community. Correct me if I am wrong but there are very few signs of coming demand for the coin.
The risk is, Monero will be considered as fast mined by the late adopters who decide only adapt it in smaller scale or some even not at all as many will not want to participate making the early adopters even richer.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:50:30 AM

Risto is saturated with Moneros and so are probably the majority of the community. Correct me if I am wrong but there are very few signs of coming demand for the coin.
The risk is, Monero will be considered as fast mined by the late adopters who decide only adapt it in smaller scale or some even not at all as many will not want to participate making the early adopters even richer.

Your point is a valid one. But none of us really know what is considered "fast mine" or not as we dont know how the overall adopters of Monero will view it in the future.

The price being low is a sign that people can still buy it at prices that are attainable for anyone interested.

The fast mine thing is (for me) a non issue for now. It isn't an INSTAMINE to me. Essentially if the price of monero was held very very high from inception until now that would probably support your supposition. But given anyone can drop $5 and buy some XMR without having to mine it with expensive equipment or any hardware is a very low barrier to entry.

As far as I am aware the technology that supports Monero is sound. I'm still sifting through the pages and pages of source code to verify it for myself and playing with the daemon and simple wallet 0.9 release compile myself.

I think it will come down to utility. Sure another form of Monero could pop up with a different distribution curve and that may succeed.

But none of us really know the future.

All I know is the technology is now out of the bottle. You can't UN-INVENT something.

Putting financial privacy into the hands of people is very valuable in this day and age given how governments are covertly trying to spy on their own citizens (especially the US).

It is interesting when Bitcoin was created...it was at the crux of the last major global financial crisis.

It is also interesting when Monero was created and released (in the same years that privacy is becoming a scarce commodity in some countries).

The free market has an interesting way of allowing things to be created when certain fundamental problems in our world start to unfold.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:09:43 AM

That is a risk, but on the other hand, mot of us are at a loss.
People had a lot of opportunities to buy below 0.002 BTC per XMR.
koryu

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:18:55 AM

overall I think that the majority has not yet understand bitcoin. one day they will, and then they will also find out that there is also a anonymous blockchain.  i think we need at least one anonymous crypto. this could be monero or another one. I hope monero will be ready then (gui + xmrusd exchange).
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:22:40 AM

overall I think that the majority has not yet understand bitcoin. one day they will, and then they will also find out that there is also a anonymous blockchain.  i think we need at least one anonymous crypto. this could be monero or another one. I hope monero will be ready then (gui + xmrusd exchange).

critical infrastructure list:

* XMRUSD exchange
* GUI
* App compatible with BTC
* Trezor integration

If/when we have those 4, monero will be very user friendly and we can m00n.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:25:10 AM

interesting

some data length thing?
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:25:43 AM

It'll come down to utility, people won't care if they are getting a better deal or making early adopters richer, until theres something fundamentally better/more useful than Monero if that day ever comes. If you are worried about Monero being fast mined resurrect quazarcoin and see how many will flock to it.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:27:06 AM

The price being low is a sign that people can still buy it at prices that are attainable for anyone interested.

Its a shit load below the price of early adopters paid, almost like the opposite of benefitting from being early.

koryu

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:34:56 AM

interesting

some data length thing?

yep i think so.
the forum adds this html in between for unknown reason:
Code:
<span style="width: 0; margin: 0 -0.6ex 0 -1px;"> </span>

it also happens if you enter any long string
0123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678 901234567890123456789

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:39:51 AM

interesting

some data length thing?

yep i think so.
the forum adds this html in between for unknown reason:
Code:
<span style="width: 0; margin: 0 -0.6ex 0 -1px;"> </span>

it also happens if you enter any long string
0123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678 901234567890123456789

That's because a long string without spaces will break the layout. There are no line breaks in a long string. So either one must cut off the string, add a scroll bar, let the string go outside of the div or let the div width be unlimited (which both looks ugly) or just arbitrary cut off and add a space somewhere to get a line break.

To get around this you need an element with a scroll bar. Use the code tag for it.

Code:
exampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexample

Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:48:40 AM

Anyone daring to call the bottom yet? I think we're getting close!  Smiley
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:14:09 PM

Late adopters don't bother with mining : mining was a fun and sometime profitable hobby for geeks. Now mining is mainly in the hand of few people with farms, asics, botnet ... (I am still mining with a pair of graphic cards, more for the fun than for profit).
Mining should be re-invented to be insteresting for normal people (retributing more the widespread repartition of nodes than the concentration of cpu/gpu/fpga/asic power).
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:16:23 PM

TrueCryptonaire is just buying again. Remember when he was in "We're going to the moon"-mode about a month or more ago? He was selling back then (but claiming to buy shitloads). Now it's doom and gloom and he's there to pick up some el cheapster coins. The cycle repeats. Again.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:19:46 PM

TrueCryptonaire is just buying again. Remember when he was in "We're going to the moon"-mode about a month or more ago? He was selling back then (but claiming to buy shitloads). Now it's doom and gloom and he's there to pick up some el cheapster coins. The cycle repeats. Again.
On poloniex, all main alts are in the red with major down.
Probably too late to sell, better waiting for reversal.
Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: