Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:08:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:23:59 AM

I think that the price is simply showing that it is more pegged to the USD than BTC. 

It has fluctuated around 35 to 40 cents for months now.  I'll be initiating an insider buy in the coming weeks of anywhere from 10 to 20 whole Monero.  I don't expect it will move the price much, but I'll let you know when I do.

20 Monero is only $8.

Remember when bitcoin was only $0.40?

That $8 would have been 20 BTC today which is over $5000.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:25:47 AM

I think that the price is simply showing that it is more pegged to the USD than BTC. 

It has fluctuated around 35 to 40 cents for months now.  I'll be initiating an insider buy in the coming weeks of anywhere from 10 to 20 whole Monero.  I don't expect it will move the price much, but I'll let you know when I do.

20 Monero is only $8.

Don't hate.

Did not hate. I mine Monero with underclocked CPU, it is about 0.2 Monero per day.

Good on you. For extra karma, solo mine!
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:26:50 AM

What will the price be when MMM comes into Monero?
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:14:21 AM

MMM? That russian ponzi? Why would it come here?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:22:01 AM

MMM? That russian ponzi? Why would it come here?

maybe he meant WMM

Why monero matters

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:32:01 AM

After waiting for triple zeros, I decided that it won't happen and the best thing to do is to go all in today. Nearly doubled down my XMR portfolio. I foresee that we won't see lower than 0.0014 for a long time to come. Let's see where's the new top now, shall we? Wink

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:37:14 AM

I cannot say much at this time because I don't want to give signal as to what my "wealth management empire" is doing. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course  Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:47:49 AM

After waiting for triple zeros, I decided that it won't happen and the best thing to do is to go all in today. Nearly doubled down my XMR portfolio. I foresee that we won't see lower than 0.0014 for a long time to come. Let's see where's the new top now, shall we? Wink

I I'm interested in monero as an investment.  for me it could be at 40 cents forever.  I only care for it as means of protecting ones privacy and anonymity. thus I really hope in near future you will be able to use xmr  to directly pay for service and products without the use of public blockchain as in bitcoin or litecoin.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:55:34 AM

I I'm interested in monero as an investment.  for me it could be at 40 cents forever.  I only care for it as means of protecting ones privacy and anonymity. thus I really hope in near future you will be able to use xmr  to directly pay for service and products without the use of public blockchain as in bitcoin or litecoin.

IMHO, XMR is the perfect diversification vehicle. I don't own anything else (apart from BTC & XMR) as primary crypto-assets at the moment. XMR incorporates what BTC doesn't, which is a nice excuse for me when I see these prices to just dive in without much hesitation. Within 1y time it evolved much more than BTC did.

Bottom line, I'd advise you to buy "as much as you don't blame yourself if it goes 1:1 with the BTC, and as much as you don't care if it goes to zero".

@Risto:
We figured out that much... Wink

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:56:07 AM

I cannot say much at this time because I don't want to give signal as to what my "wealth management empire" is doing. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course  Smiley

translation: "we are accumulating"  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:30:54 AM

Here's what I was wondering today.  

After watching the famous video about the awful wealth inequality in the United States:  
https://youtu.be/QPKKQnijnsM  

I started wondering: is it the wealth inequality that's the problem or the velocity of the wealth inequality?  The rich aren't just getting richer; they are getting richer faster and all new money that is being created is funnelled to their coffers.  Since the new money that is being created never stops, there is never time for any of this money (or incentive) to slosh down to the lower classes, either in the form of high taxes or economic development.

Let's say we had the exact same situation as the U.S. Dollar today bundled up in Monero (in reality it might even be worse considering that half of all Monero is already mined:)  

Now what would happen if there were a tight limit on how many new US Dollars could be created a year?  What other government policies might influence the "slosh" of money in a system?  Money reflects a social liquid that is exchanged between humans, and the big problems only happen when the faucet is turned on and left on.  Do you think wealth inequality would *stay* bad or would slowly grow more idea as time went on in a currency with very limited inflation?  Is the nature of Monero: equal access, privacy, and strict limits on creation going to automatically solve the run away debt and inflation problems that we are facing currently?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:33:27 AM

Now what would happen if there were a tight limit on how many new US Dollars could be created a year?  What other government policies might influence the "slosh" of money in a system?  Money reflects a social liquid that is exchanged between humans, and the big problems only happen when the faucet is turned on and left on.  Do you think wealth inequality would *stay* bad or would slowly grow more idea as time went on in a currency with very limited inflation?  Is the nature of Monero: equal access, privacy, and strict limits on creation going to automatically solve the run away debt and inflation problems that we are facing currently?

A government will of course not adopt something they can't control and adjust, so this can't happen. Even if one regime can, they next one will go to election on changing the parameters of the currency so they can bribe the electorate. And of course, special interest groups will join the parade so they can regain the power of money printing.

Also, other things would be needed to fix the problems, it's not just the currency but a myriad of laws and restrictions that create barriers to entry into the economy

The only solution is a system of money that cannot be controlled by special interest groups and has a opt-in adoption system without coercion or violence. The case for having a free market for money is so obvious that it is painful to see that people are not demanding it.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 10:47:57 AM

translation: "we are accumulating"  Cheesy
You can't be sure. It could be translated differently: "We are not buying a single Monero until the price is 0.001. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course, so after that we'll continue accumulating as much as we could  Smiley"

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:50:44 AM

I cannot say much at this time because I don't want to give signal as to what my "wealth management empire" is doing. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course  Smiley

translation: "we are accumulating"  Cheesy
You can't be sure. It could be translated differently: "We are not buying a single Monero until the price is 0.001. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course, so after that we'll continue accumulating as much as we could  Smiley"

No one can ever be sure unless they reveal their true actions.

But my haunch says I am right. This is a critical region. Here and a bit lower (maybe 0.001275)... then I see a rebound.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 12:22:11 PM

Do you think wealth inequality would *stay* bad or would slowly grow more idea as time went on in a currency with very limited inflation?  Is the nature of Monero: equal access, privacy, and strict limits on creation going to automatically solve the run away debt and inflation problems that we are facing currently?

It may solve those problems, but wealth inequality is a fact of nature and not a problem. Also it does grow worse unless and at the same time:
- there is plenty of inflation
- the monetary system is based on wealth and not debt.

Currently we lack the latter, and in the future perhaps the former.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:54:59 PM

I cannot say much at this time because I don't want to give signal as to what my "wealth management empire" is doing. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course  Smiley

You can't be sure. It could be translated differently: "We are not buying a single Monero until the price is 0.001. Everything I have said concerning the principles is fully in force, of course, so after that we'll continue accumulating as much as we could  Smiley"

But my haunch says I am right. This is a critical region. Here and a bit lower (maybe 0.001275)... then I see a rebound.

Yeah, I've been waiting for it too for at least 3 days - never came; so I said "what the heck, let's do it" and bought at this region here. If the rebound starts, I don't think anyone will have the ability to ride to the train; the best buying occurs "on the way down"...

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:23:01 PM

Yeah, I've been waiting for it too for at least 3 days - never came; so I said "what the heck, let's do it" and bought at this region here. If the rebound starts, I don't think anyone will have the ability to ride to the train; the best buying occurs "on the way down"...

I'm not afraid to say it - I've been buying all the way down.

Bassica

Activity: 283

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:27:31 PM

I wonder who has been cashing out. This sell pressure seemed way higher than daily emission. Some of it was shorting sure, but that doesnt amount to full number of coins in the dumps we saw.

If true, wonder what the rationale was.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:29:28 PM

Trying to predict the price of Monero is coming down to predicting the timing of the release of the 0.9 tagged binaries. The recent market behaviour is very indicative of this. After the first deadline for a code freeze of September 15, 2015 https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/303/a-formal-approach-towards-better-hard-fork-management passed with no news the market started to go down. On September 17, 2015 we were at 0.00227, by September 29, 2015 the low of 0.00131 was reached. We are now at 0.00147 after the second deadline for a code release of October 15, 2015 has passed.

Edit: The recent selling pressure can easily be attributed to market participants reaching the conclusion that this project is simply not able to make a tagged release.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:47:00 PM

I wonder who has been cashing out. This sell pressure seemed way higher than daily emission. Some of it was shorting sure, but that doesnt amount to full number of coins in the dumps we saw.

If true, wonder what the rationale was.

During downtrends it has always been like this. Could just be traders willing to buy back lower (also, we had a few big shorters). Miners cashing out, but due to lower buying pressure we went down more. Could also be that miners that previously held their coins exhibited signs of reverse FOMO (missing out on buy walls :-P). Then there is also market manipulation, which can easily be observed by the stacking of asks someone is doing. ArticMine's reasoning makes sense as well. I don't think it was someone big cashing out, just a collective of all reasons described that did the trick.

It should also be noted that alts are getting slaughtered in general. All top 20 alts went down significantly and the main reason of this was the soar of bitcoin's price. So it could very well be that we are just correlating with that.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: