Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646796 times)
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 08:00:32 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:16:04 PM by AnonymousCoder

The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)

@DanB1
 The play is still on but should be choppy, we have back to back directional changes going into February.

To me, this last answer doesn't feel right.
I get the idea it's now more like: yes, it might play out like that but not sure, and if it doesn't than I'm still right because there were back to back directional changes and you were not smart enough to understand!
And that's exactly the vagueness in every text that Socrates publishes, it can go both ways.

@DanB1 you are absolutely right. The System and by that I mean Socrates and the many rules around it, is designed to be ambiguous or vague as you say. So that it can always be interpreted in hindsight to be right because it hasn't actually predicted anything definitive that can't be revoked later. That is because it puts out multiple conflicting signals such as reversal, energy, forecast array (and the different rows in it to pick from) plus all of the above in multiple time frames. See Socrates Technical Analysis Prediction Magic for a more detailed description.

That it why we say it is a hindsight system that cannot be used for trading.

It is a computer-based scam engine by design that is used to extract money from subscribers, and it has obviously worked to that end for years, except that it only creates losses for the users not gains.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MTL4

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 02:35:55 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2019, 02:51:05 PM by MTL4

@MTL4
The Socrates premium analysis  does go long or short hypothetically a number of positions based on the election of reversals from the daily to the monthly time level which I believe is the same as the chart you posted for example the Dow premium analysis monthly commentary says "we are currently hypothetically long 4 positions at this particular moment on the monthly level"

Armstrong mentioned that phase II of Socrates will add a backtesting feature to see what Socrates wrote on any given day.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/progress-report-on-socrates-deployment/

I think at this time we just don't have access to the chart which would be very helpful but there is still many other features that need to be added to the pro service

Gumbi, this is the issue I have with what you are saying.  If you are really using this system to trade you need to know exactly when you are in/out of a position even if you are occasionally wrong (it is quite possible to be wrong over 50% of the time and still have a winning strategy).  All successful trading systems I'm aware of have very strict rules for exactly this reason and they must be followed at all times for it to work.  As a trader I don't want to read some verbose consulting report every day which may say "we are currently hypothetically long 4 positions at this particular moment on the monthly level".  Trading takes hard work and hours during each day are very limited so why would some $100 million system waste our time like that?  Typing in questions and speaking to it like Siri/Alexa is a novelty that visual folks used to reading charts won't care about one iota.  You are given tons of technical BS with Socrates but the issue is you are still being left to decipher it (I have yet to see anyone do this successfully on a consistent basis).  If the system is that good then have it (computer is the expert, right?) interpret the info for us and display it in a table or chart.  That way there's no room for error and everyone wins.  I really don't see why this is even remotely hard to do even with my relatively low computer programming skills.  You'd think that would be priority #1 when designing a system for financial folks to use.
DanB1

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 02:59:24 PM

The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)

@DanB1
 The play is still on but should be choppy, we have back to back directional changes going into February.

I get the idea it's now more like: yes, it might play out like that but not sure, and if it doesn't than I'm still right because there were back to back directional changes and you were not smart enough to understand!
And that's exactly the vagueness in every text that Socrates publishes, it can go both ways.

Never mind Gumbi. We are making higher highs again after yesterday's ATH close.
Good luck trading on that kind of information!
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 03:00:11 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:15:56 PM by AnonymousCoder

@MTL4
The Socrates premium analysis does go long or short hypothetically a number of positions based on the election of reversals from the daily to the monthly time level which I believe is the same as the chart you posted for example the Dow premium analysis monthly commentary says "we are currently hypothetically long 4 positions at this particular moment on the monthly level"

Armstrong mentioned that phase II of Socrates will add a backtesting feature to see what Socrates wrote on any given day.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/socrates/progress-report-on-socrates-deployment/

I think at this time we just don't have access to the chart which would be very helpful but there is still many other features that need to be added to the pro service

Gumbi, this is the issue I have with what you are saying. If you are really using this system to trade you need to know exactly when you are in/out of a position even if you are occasionally wrong (you can be wrong over 50% of the time and still have a winning strategy). All successful trading systems I'm aware of have very strict rules for exactly this reason and they must be followed at all times for it to work. As a trader I don't want to read some verbose consulting report every day which may say "we are currently hypothetically long 4 positions at this particular moment on the monthly level". Trading takes hard work and hours during each day are very limited so why not cut to the chase. You are given tons of technical BS with Socrates but the issue is you are still being left to decipher it (I have yet to see anyone do this on a consistent basis). If the system is that good then have it (computer is the expert, right?) interpret the info for us and display it in a table or chart. That way there's no room for error and everyone wins. I really don't see why this is even remotely hard to do even with my relatively low computer programming skills. You'd think that would be priority #1 when designing a system for financial folks to use.

MTL4,

I could not agree with you more. The user is not even getting an expert system that executes the rules that exist around Socrates to pick what to trade under what condition. Interestingly, Martin Armstrong claims that Socrates goes way beyond the quality of an expert system, talking about such systems as if they were a fraud:

Artificial Intelligence & Neural Nets - Sorting out Truth from Fraud

Give that some consideration.

The truth however is, that Socrates has been designed to be ambiguous and never give a definite answer for one purpose: To put the burden on the users, and be an engine to sell additional services such as seminars and training that would then provide the secret sauce for success.

To build a system that has a reasonable chance of trading success on the current core is impossible. I can say that because I am a programming expert who has coincidentally studied Socrates for years. To give you a rough idea: The system is one-dimensional in a sense that for every market it looks at, it looks only at this market, not any other market, no correlation with anything. More specifically, it looks only at past history in a single time frame, one at the time without any artificial intelligence whatsoever.

Proof: You have to combine the information of forecast arrays in all time frames yourself. The computer is unaware of its own surroundings. Such is "AI" in Socrates. That why I call it a contraption, not a computer system.

If, on the other hand, the system would hypothetically do what you request it to to, and be successful in doing this, then it would not be available as a service. Because it would generate more profit for a single operator than what can be generated by selling it as a service.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 03:29:47 PM

@DanB1

What I mean by choppy is there is a directional change in December and January back to back which implies we turn down going into December and then up in January making a new high. You would never trade on the array alone or on the words of Armstrong, this play needs to be confirmed by electing reversals. This is has been your mistake all along.

This was my original post
"The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week(11/18) with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)"

I only trade on reversals, nothing else. The reversal system is the very foundation of this model. We elected two daily bullish reversal yesterday so today's move is as expected.
DanB1

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 03:38:41 PM

@DanB1

What I mean by choppy is there is a directional change in December and January back to back which implies we turn down going into December and then up in January making a new high. You would never trade on the array alone or on the words of Armstrong, this play needs to be confirmed by electing reversals. This is has been your mistake all along.

This was my original post
"The call by Armstrong is for the Dow to make a high In January 2020 in line with the ECM, a high this week(11/18) with a low the week of 12/02 will confirm this, with a drop back going into 2021(2nd quarter)"

I only trade on reversals, nothing else. The reversal system is the very foundation of this model. We elected two daily bullish reversal yesterday so today's move is as expected.

First of all, it's not my mistake as I don't use Socrates anymore to make my trades (and my net profits have gone up since then big time). I'm just repeating what you have been saying!
Your answer is exactly what I expected. It's me/us that don't know what we are talking about. We now elected new reversals so MA can now say he has been right.
Even my 8yr old son would not believe this crap anymore.

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:01:36 PM

@MTL4
The Socrates premium analysis  does go long or short hypothetically a number of positions based on the election of reversals from the daily to the monthly time level which I believe is the same as the chart you posted for example the Dow premium analysis monthly commentary says "we are currently hypothetically long 4 positions at this particular moment on the monthly level"

Gumbi, this is the issue I have with what you are saying.  If you are really using this system to trade you need to know exactly when you are in/out of a position even if you are occasionally wrong (it is quite possible to be wrong over 50% of the time and still have a winning strategy).  All successful trading systems I'm aware of have very strict rules for exactly this reason and they must be followed at all times for it to work.  As a trader I don't want to read some verbose consulting report every day which may say "we are currently hypothetically long 4 positions at this particular moment on the monthly level".  Trading takes hard work and hours during each day are very limited so why would some $100 million system waste our time like that?  Typing in questions and speaking to it like Siri/Alexa is a novelty that visual folks used to reading charts won't care about one iota.  You are given tons of technical BS with Socrates but the issue is you are still being left to decipher it (I have yet to see anyone do this successfully on a consistent basis).  If the system is that good then have it (computer is the expert, right?) interpret the info for us and display it in a table or chart.  That way there's no room for error and everyone wins.  I really don't see why this is even remotely hard to do even with my relatively low computer programming skills.  You'd think that would be priority #1 when designing a system for financial folks to use.

You should simply focus on the reversals and identify the gaps as potential trading opportunities. You can then look to the array for your ideal exit based on the next turning point. You only need to read the weekly report once a week and the monthly report once a month I don't see the problem unless you are day trading...

If you understand the array and reversals then reading the reports is not always necessary because the reversals provide the best possible map of exactly where support and resistance stands at any given time in the market.

@danb1
"Good luck trading on that kind of information!"

I am telling you that I would never trade on that kind of information because you ONLY trade on REVERSALS!!! You want to anticipate the move but that is your mistake. In fact that trading pattern clearly has not been confirmed we needed to make a temporary high the week of 11/18 and a low the week of 12/02 so what are you even talking about?
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 06:51:59 PM

Found some of the MA gold calls throughout last few years, so thought I should share it with you guys. Also, thank you everyone for commenting here in this thread.

Martin Armstrong - Gold Bear?  
https://busy.org/@traxo/martin-armstrong-gold-bear
In this blog I will point out some of the Martin Armstrong's gold trade calls throughout the last few years, calls that I find to be clear, or at least highly gravitating towards one side of the trade. So note that following are not all of his gold calls. I also placed my own commentary on some of the quotes. I posit he was mostly bearish in his writings.
Later I will point out some of the interpretations of his public and also private blogs, which can be found on the bitcointalk forum.

Following are only his public blogs, not private, and not his paid reports, and not what he said at the WECs.

[...]

What do you think? Did I misinterpret anything? Did I miss anything?  
I hope it's not too long, and appreciate any feedback.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:24:51 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:15:47 PM by AnonymousCoder

Found some of the MA gold calls throughout last few years, so thought I should share it with you guys. Also, thank you everyone for commenting here in this thread.

In this blog I will point out some of the Martin Armstrong's gold trade calls throughout the last few years, calls that I find to be clear, or at least highly gravitating towards one side of the trade. So note that following are not all of his gold calls. I also placed my own commentary on some of the quotes. I posit he was mostly bearish in his writings.
Later I will point out some of the interpretations of his public and also private blogs, which can be found on the bitcointalk forum.

Following are only his public blogs, not private, and not his paid reports, and not what he said at the WECs.

[...]

Hi Traxo,

Thanks for the detailed research. I have just quickly read it, and I will definitely read it again.

I was very interested in the same topic because I bought the reports as well and was very disappointed to put it mildly. What you are describing confirms fairly much my view that contrary to Armstrong's claims, the system that he has been using cannot predict market turns. Quite the opposite. He buys the highs and sells the lows. There have been exceptions of course, but that is not good enough.

I have researched the end of 2015 low scenario where he kept posting bearish comments while the market turned to the upside. I must admit that I was influenced by his view and lost money. What pissed me off the most however is that he later claimed that he actually predicted that turn, lying and misrepresenting the performance of his analysis and services. This is the fraud I am talking about. It is not the failure to predict the price movement.

In this case, it is fairly obvious because he cannot actually claim (as he usually does) that there were some signals that we SHOULD have traded, because we depended on him to provide us with the signals as part of the service (the Gold Report) which was somehow discontinued before the next report was due.

If you haven't seen my analysis, it is at Quarterly Superposition Event in Gold 2015

Traxo

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 07:42:13 PM

If you haven't seen my analysis, it is at Quarterly Superposition Event in Gold 2015

Thanks for the feedback. 
I linked to it at the end of the blog, thank you. Great, so apparently you even had access to the reports and private blogs!
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 08:35:55 PM

@AnonymousCoder
f you haven't seen my analysis, it is at Quarterly Superposition Event in Gold 2015

I don't have access to the 2015 gold report and I cannot simply take your word for it.
dow_wizard

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 08:59:59 PM

Yeah, Martin Armstrong's gold predictions were terrible, too. What a charlatan and fraud criminal!
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:04:01 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:15:39 PM by AnonymousCoder

@AnonymousCoder
f you haven't seen my analysis, it is at Quarterly Superposition Event in Gold 2015

I don't have access to the 2015 gold report and I cannot simply take your word for it.

Kiss

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 09:16:46 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2019, 11:34:31 PM by Gumbi

Thanks for the feedback.  
I linked to it at the end of the blog, thank you. Great, so apparently you even had access to the reports and private blogs!

Socrates basic service only launched in 2016 and the first private blog post was on the 1st of March 2016. before the release of the basic service it was like trading in the dark relying  on PUBLIC blog posts every so often.

Quote from: realr0ach When gold was $1050 and Martin Armstrong said it was going to "drop below $800 into the abyss"
realr0ach was referring to Armstrong's blog  posted on Dec 18 2015 and there is no mention of a drop below $800 into the abyss. The weekly price targets had initial support at 1158 and 1009
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-into-the-abyss/

The low in December 2015 was around 1045 so are you saying that Armstrong is wrong just because we did not test  support just under 1000?. Based on the reversals we held the yearly bearish reversal at the end of 2015!  
Feb 4, 2016 - Price $1160.00
"The volatility is still insane. Gold should make a new low this year. However, since we DID NOT get the sell signal in gold at year-end, this is the bounce, so do not expect it to be a breakout just yet."

Armstrong said not a breakout just yet implying he  was  bullish long term  and he was right gold did crash and made a low around 1124 in late 2016 but wrong about a new low being formed

on the 1st of March 2016  on the private blog Armstrong said  "Gold elects Monthly Bullish at $1207 on its way to $1309 March now must simply close above 1347 sustain any hope of continuing this rally now it appears a future quarterly closing below 1130 will warn of a break below 1000."

On  march 30th 2016 Armstrong wrote on his private blog all our long term models still imply that the lift-off is not coming until 2017.

On April the 29th 2016 Armstrong said the most important monthly bullish stands at 1330 and 1360." we closed at the end of July 2016 at the 1357 level.

Therefore nothing can be concluded because your conclusions are based off of incomplete information… how can you use posts from the bitcointalk.org Armstrong forum as proof of anything? Only certain trades were actually possible for example when Armstrong said  "a future quarterly closing below 1130 will warn of a break below 1000" and when he said  "Gold elects Monthly Bullish at $1207 on its way to $1309"  this is tradable information because it is black and white, if this then that.
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 11:20:58 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2019, 01:00:38 AM by Gumbi

[...]

You have failed to add the private blog posts provided by Armstrong which started on March the 1st 2016 on Ask-Socrates.com. Why has it been excluded? Armstrong was constantly updating us on his private blog regarding the metals and instead you are using posts from bitcointalk.org that go into May 2019?

Traxo
"13,000+ followers and his tweets get barely any traction at all. Doesn't take a genius to realize that accounts are either fake, or inactive (apparently that account joined January 2010, so it is also a possibility).
Either way, those follower account give 0 fks about his tweets."

I also recommend you actually go to https://twitter.com/StrongEconomics  and try telling us all again how Armstrong is actively tweeting on twitter... and why you think nobody cares.

dibley8899

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 03:31:06 AM

Gold   thats the one I alluded to before the SUB 1000 Gold Blog Post which has mysteriously disappeared. Cue the Spooky music  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Confucius says   Investor who goes camping with Marty must beware of evil intent.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Traxo

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 07:56:45 AM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (33)

Socrates basic service only launched in 2016 and the first private blog post was on the 1st of March 2016. before the release of the basic service it was like trading in the dark relying  on PUBLIC blog posts every so often.

So there was no alternative prediction available throughout the 2015? Doesn't that make it even worse then, lol?  
So everyone relied on his public post (I linked in the blog to some of them) which were bearish, or apparently vast majority interpreted them as bearish at the time.  
I merely pointed out to just few comments which interpreted Armstrong's writing as bearish with regards to gold. If you need more, well there are 300+ pages here, have fun reading. As far as I recall, only comments that were bullish on gold specifically stressed that they made the bullish call CONTRARY to Armstrong's calls, meaning even those who were bullish also interpreted Armstrong as bearish at that time.

Quote from: realr0ach When gold was $1050 and Martin Armstrong said it was going to "drop below $800 into the abyss"
realr0ach was referring to Armstrong's blog  posted on Dec 18 2015 and there is no mention of a drop below $800 into the abyss.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-into-the-abyss/

I analyzed the quote from the post in my blog. You and other readers are free to refute the analysis.

The low in December 2015 was around 1045 so are you saying that Armstrong is wrong just because we did not test  support just under 1000?.

Yes, of course, because he was saying that gold would go under $1000. It still hasn't to this very day.

"The volatility is still insane. Gold should make a new low this year. However, since we DID NOT get the sell signal in gold at year-end, this is the bounce, so do not expect it to be a breakout just yet."
[/i]
Armstrong said not a breakout just yet implying he  was  bullish long term  and he was right gold did crash and made a low around 1124 in late 2016 but wrong about a new low being formed

Yes, exactly. But that's why I emphasized  his word "should" - "Gold should make a new low this year." - it didn't.  
Again, he appeared to be very confident about that.

on the 1st of March 2016  on the private blog Armstrong said  "Gold elects Monthly Bullish at $1207 on its way to $1309 March now must simply close above 1347 sustain any hope of continuing this rally now it appears a future quarterly closing below 1130 will warn of a break below 1000."

On  march 30th 2016 Armstrong wrote on his private blog all our long term models still imply that the lift-off is not coming until 2017.

On April the 29th 2016 Armstrong said the most important monthly bullish stands at 1330 and 1360." we closed at the end of July 2016 at the 1357 level.

I do not have access to his private blogs, thus I can't confirm it.  
But even if you are right, he was bearish BEFORE those private posts were published. Also note that he was bearish PUBLICLY AFTER those posts you referred to. Again. Read those posts at my blog post.
Also, here is relevant observation from someone who apparently has access to private posts:  https://armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com/2019/07/quarterly-superposition-event-in-gold.html

Therefore nothing can be concluded because your conclusions are based off of incomplete information…

Huh? You refuted nothing. You even said there were no private posts in 2015. Thus complete information was available (and as I said even long time 5+years readers had interpreted him as bearish), or if it was hidden then what good was it at the time? How can you be sure of his track record if he keeps that information private, lol? People opened positions based on Martin Armstrong's public blog. And they made incorrect calls. MA is very well aware of that as some comments suggest. But ok... anyway... point was that he was bearish, not which trades others had executed.

how can you use posts from the bitcointalk.org Armstrong forum as proof of anything?

Not a proof per se, but I used them as an alternative interpretations of Martin Armstrong's posts. Vast majority of those posts also interpreted Martin Armstrong as being a big fat gold bear.

Only certain trades were actually possible for example when Armstrong said  "a future quarterly closing below 1130 will warn of a break below 1000" and when he said  "Gold elects Monthly Bullish at $1207 on its way to $1309"  this is tradable information because it is black and white, if this then that.

This does not negate the assertion that he was bearish at the time as I posited. Other readers opened shorts based on Martin Armstrong's posts. I have not found out a single comment in this thread that opened long gold position based on MA's blog posts. Thus my conclusion is that he was bearish publicly.

You have failed to add the private blog posts provided by Armstrong which started on March the 1st 2016 on Ask-Socrates.com. Why has it been excluded?

As I said, I do not have access to those. Even if I had I could not use it as source because other readers would not be able to open it unless they subscribe.  

Armstrong was constantly updating us on his private blog regarding the metals and instead you are using posts from bitcointalk.org that go into May 2019?

Private blogs started May 2016 as you said. Note that there are comments that I referred to which were made before private blogging even started. Also some of the comments from e.g. 2019 are actually recalling about what happened in 2015/2016.  

In other words, you have refuted absolutely nothing.  
Try to source relevant information, and quote relevant sections, then show us the rebuttal.

Also note that I left the possibility that Martin Armstrong somehow made the correct calls:  
If Martin Armstrong by some means actually made correct calls with regards to gold, and is aware that his readers completely "misinterpret" his blogs, why does he keep posting them?

With that said, I invite you to stop writing nonsense, and instead quote his clear public statements that refute the assertions that I had presented in the blog.
DanB1

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 12:34:48 PM

Good post Traxo.

And again it proves how ambigious all of Armstrongs work is. The fact that every comment on almost every market can been seen in several ways should warn everybody.
His blog and the Socrates service have only one raison d'être and that's to empty the wallets of his readers as much as possible. Martin Armstrong is a fraud and he should be in jail again.  
s29

Activity: 184
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 03:24:21 PM

Amazing analysis in the link, especially the first chart; the timing of Armstrong always seems very perticular (and very wrong).

Also with bonds:

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 04:21:50 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2019, 04:50:44 PM by Gumbi

@Traxo

Gold: The Panic Cycle is Here
Posted Jul 20, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
"Gold opened the week in Asia with a bang – down nearly $44 at the low of $1083. This is right on target for our Panic Cycle this week. Gold is sharply declining, it will break the $1,000 level, and then everyone will start to look for $600–$700 area."
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-the-panic-cycle-is-here/

Posted Jul 23, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Gold – It Ain’t Over Until the Fat Lady Sings
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-it-aint-over-until-the-fat-lady-sings/
"Yes, the Benchmarks are the targets for it is never just PRICE; it must also be TIME. These two objectives must be reached, and they are in that report. So do we have the low yet? No. To create the low, the MAJORITY must turn bearish. Their target forecasts will be in the $600–$700 level. The key Weekly Bearish Reversals are 1084 and 1075, followed by 1042 and 1026. We have four Weekly Bearish Reversals providing support before the break at $1,000."

you only trade on reversals and we NEVER elected the 2 key weekly bearish reversals at 1042 and 1026, this is irrefutable evidence that completely destroys your argument about a low under $1000. I wonder why this key post was not included?

Posted Aug 1, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Gold Has NOT Bottomed Yet
"Gold elected a Monthly Bearish Reversal today at 1155. We have some support down at the 1042 level for now.
We will be issuing the update on gold for those who purchased last year’s report by the end of the month to cover the downside. The PRICE objective of breaking $1,000 was not met within that 3 year window so we must look to the Benchmarks as laid out in the International Precious Metals Report(2014)."
 https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-has-not-bottomed-yet/

The problem is you story line does not include the gold report and its many updates and you also didn’t have access to the benchmarks in the  International Precious Metals Report. This is what I mean by incomplete information.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/gold-update-being-emailed-next-week/

Gold – What Now?
Posted Aug 3, 2015 by Martin Armstrong

"Gold elected the Monthly Bearish at 1155 and we did so well below that level, holding the 1084 number both weekly and monthly. Our energy models are turning positive, so it does not appear that we will have major follow-through at this time. When you elect a Bearish Reversal that far from the number, you typically bounce back to retest it before proceeding further."
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-what-now-3/

Posted Oct 6, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Gold & the Dow – Looking Ahead
"In gold, there is nothing to get excited about until you see a weekly closing above 1210. "
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-the-dow-looking-ahead/

Posted Nov 16, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Gold in the Wake of Paris
"Although gold made a knee-jerk reaction rally to 1097, at the time of this writing it has fallen back to 1087. We elected one Weekly Bearish at 1084; from the last high, we generated a few more in the 1079 to 1071 area, followed by 1040 and 1026. It is between 1026 and a small gap down to 983, followed by 934 and 885. The horizontal lines are the reversals – red for bearish and green for bullish. There are clusters forming above (resistance) and below (support)."
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/gold-in-the-wake-of-paris/

Posted Dec 5, 2015 by Martin Armstrong
Gold on the Benchmark
Yes, we reached the first number 1043 in the precise week of the first benchmark. But this is not over until the government sings, not the fat lady.
"We will be also be creating a blog for Socrates next week where we will have a bit more freedom to comment without upsetting those who have been paying for the gold reports."
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/qa/gold-on-the-benchmark/

Traxo
"People opened positions based on Martin Armstrong's public blog. And they made incorrect calls... "Gold should make a new low this year. "

well that is their mistake thinking that when Armstrong says Gold should make a new low this year is tradable information because YOU ONLY TRADE ON REVERSALS and everything you have posted has nothing to do with them…
Many reversals were given by Armstrong on his public blog as shown above and that is the only way to trade, BY THE NUMBERS!!!! I don't see a single case where the reversals actually provided a wrong buy/sell signal...

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: