Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:28:22 AM

Email today from customerservice@kncminer.com

KnCMiner will not be offering a ROI guarantee.

Regards,
Liam

as far as I know, they offering refund anytime before day of shipment. this is important for me, I can calculate ROI by myself.)

Yeah the 'ROI guarantee' is just offered as a shady enticement to lock funds into a non-refundable gamble. If the chips are massively late in those instances you cannot refund, but you will get more chips, requiring to purchase more hardware that may well mean you still see no return. I'd sooner pick earlier delivery, with an undersigned third party protection, and a chance to tackle the increasing hashrate earlier.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Templer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:31:58 AM

Regards,
Liam

They simply cant on OCT/NOV devices!
But If they ship at time, they can for the early ones Wink
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 08:33:35 AM

Regards,
Liam

as far as I know, they offering refund anytime before day of shipment. this is important for me, I can calculate ROI by myself.)

Thats true, it is important for refund should there be delays in projected delivery time
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:33:34 AM

I'm still waiting for October to sell out, so I could buy a November unit at a cheaper price.
You realize that an extra month of mining is worth more than the price difference?

ROTFLMAO.

How early in October do you think you could get a unit at this time? I am guessing that you would be cutting it close to November if you order now. Let's say you buy a Jupiter and get a October 25th date. You would never get ROI according to http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

All the better though. It is honestly better for them to sell out closer to November and not have to pre-order so soon. It is better to get it delivered as soon as you order, so, with luck, they will never sell out of October, and I could order it in November and get it in November.

That calculator shows you a different set of results from day to day as the % increase in difficulty is altered ... and that number has been up and down like a bride's nightie for weeks now. Fact is, no-one really knows what it will be in a few months so it's a guess.
The power consumption and performance may be pessimistic too if KnC are to be believed. Assuming they are in the right ballpark with delivery in October then at least it's whole months from around this date because you'd hope that rigs could be arriving in the last third of October ?

November does look grim if we're looking at that as a delivery date. KnC said they'd reduced the price from then because of the increasing difficulty rate..although it was also related to competition...if they didn't who would buy knowing they'd never break even?

If you run a few other companies rigs through it...it produces a horror story in many cases. KnC is definitely a better option than most.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
timmmers

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:39:18 AM

Regards,
Liam

If they do they are fools. They can't predict the exchange rate for BTC ..if it dropped massively like it did not long ago there goes the ROI doesn't it?
Big difference between 118 where we were last time I looked today and 80 where it was a while ago.
Doesn't matter when they ship if the price falls radically.

On the other hand, they could say that we'll all get ROI EVENTUALLY banking on the large rise in BTC price over a year or more that many of us think/hope will happen. Mining at a loss in the short term may prove to be worth it long term. I think most of us hope so if we hang onto our BTC.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:47:54 AM

Has anyone found a Bitcoin friendly hosting company for these in the US at a reasonable price. I would like to see something around $150 per month for a Jupiter.

Yes, you can write to Elon at bitcoin@anotherhost.se  for miner hosting (or contact him through PM I think his forum nick is selon). I am in discussions with them, hosting is month to month US $220/mth for a Jupiter unit. They are located fairly close to the OrSoc offices so your unit will be picked the same day it is ready. If any other people host with them, let me know maybe we can join a "KNC expat" pool Cheesy.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 10:52:06 AM

Worker password field has been added to the "Common information" page.

And they actually replied to my question re password field just this morning (question email was sent on Thursday):

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in reply. We have had a few customers request a password field and we will be adding a “Password” field to the account information page in the coming days.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Keith Gurnett
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:53:26 AM

I'm asking myself what's the point of being an entrepreneur if the ROI is guaranteed by someone else.

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
gkm22d

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:57:11 AM

Regards,
Liam

If they do they are fools. They can't predict the exchange rate for BTC ..if it dropped massively like it did not long ago there goes the ROI doesn't it?
Big difference between 118 where we were last time I looked today and 80 where it was a while ago.
Doesn't matter when they ship if the price falls radically.

On the other hand, they could say that we'll all get ROI EVENTUALLY banking on the large rise in BTC price over a year or more that many of us think/hope will happen. Mining at a loss in the short term may prove to be worth it long term. I think most of us hope so if we hang onto our BTC.

Roi should only be considered in terms of btc. If you bought a Jupititer when bitcoins were $70, you will most likely never make your hundred bitcojns back. What does it matter if bitcoins go to $1000? You would have had $70,000 if you hadn't bought the Jupiter, butif it only mines 50 btc then you have lost.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:04:43 AM

Roi should only be considered in terms of btc. If you bought a Jupititer when bitcoins were $70, you will most likely never make your hundred bitcojns back. What does it matter if bitcoins go to $1000? You would have had $70,000 if you hadn't bought the Jupiter, butif it only mines 50 btc then you have lost.
No. Only the price of Bitcoins at the time you buy the miner matters. Future changes in the price of Bitcoins more or less cancels out. The cost, in Bitcoins, of a particular piece of mining hardware is dependent on the price of Bitcoins. But after that, the Bitcoins mined can be compared to the cost of the miner in Bitcoins without regard for the future price of Bitcoins.

If I'm considering buying a piece of mining hardware that will cost me 50 Bitcoins today and can be expected to mine 70 Bitcoins over the next year, then it's probably a pretty good deal. The higher the price of Bitcoins, in fact, the better off I am with the miner because the lower, proportionately to the reward, the cost of electricity.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
NoDisco

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:12:07 AM

Anyone know what case fan they are using? Seems to be bequiet logo.

I count 9 blades, so my guess is 140mm Silent Wings?

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

The look like Arctic F TC with a custom mount:
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/case-fans/75/arctic-f-tc.html?c=2183

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
NoDisco

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:21:32 AM

The look like Arctic F TC with a custom mount:
Yes, the heatsink does look like an arctic. Googling it makes me think it could be a ARCTIC Freezer i30 CPU Cooler?

But I was asking about the case fan, bolted to the front of the case.
timmmers

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:22:41 AM

I'm asking myself what's the point of being an entrepreneur if the ROI is guaranteed by someone else.

The entrepreneur is commonly seen as an innovator of new ideas, and business processes. Which would make someone manufacturing cutting edge rigs one or someone offering hosting possibly, we're mostly just customers doing what tens of thousands of others are doing.
I'd say speculator fits better here.
People love to pin that badge on themselves, entrepreneur...never understood why.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
timmmers

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:26:02 AM

No. Only the price of Bitcoins at the time you buy the miner matters. Future changes in the price of Bitcoins more or less cancels out. The cost, in Bitcoins, of a particular piece of mining hardware is dependent on the price of Bitcoins. But after that, the Bitcoins mined can be compared to the cost of the miner in Bitcoins without regard for the future price of Bitcoins.

If I'm considering buying a piece of mining hardware that will cost me 50 Bitcoins today and can be expected to mine 70 Bitcoins over the next year, then it's probably a pretty good deal. The higher the price of Bitcoins, in fact, the better off I am with the miner because the lower, proportionately to the reward, the cost of electricity.

It's always seemed odd to me that many calculators don't show estimated BTC mined.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
slastar

Activity: 147
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:36:49 AM

https://i.imgur.com/SCyeqdb.png
Yes, it's looks like BeQuiet Silent Wings 140mm, and Arctic Cooling Freezer i30/A30.
But isn't supposed to be there water cooling? And where is space for PSU ?
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:53:00 AM

You haven't been reading much have you? PSU is external and water-cool idea was thrown out as datacenters don't want to deal with it.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:53:17 AM

https://i.imgur.com/SCyeqdb.png
Yes, it's looks like BeQuiet Silent Wings 140mm, and Arctic Cooling Freezer i30/A30.

KNC doesn't use water cooling* and they decided to make the case too narrow to fit a PSU inside. I guess making the case 3" wider would have put it over budget.

*Well not stock although if it can be cooled by a standard air-cooled CPU heatsink then swapping it out for water cooling should be pretty trivial. 
NoDisco

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:59:35 AM

KNC doesn't use water cooling* and they decided to make the case too narrow to fit a PSU inside. I guess making the case 3" wider would have put it over budget.

*Well not stock although if it can be cooled by a standard air-cooled CPU heatsink then swapping it out for water cooling should be pretty trivial. 
Should be trivial to swop out. But you'd think these guys, for the price they are charging, would have put something much better than a $30 consumer - which Arctic describe as an "enthusiast-grade CPU cooler" - in this set-up. They are trying to sell this as a business to business piece of industrial machinery, but filling it with mid range consumer parts  Angry
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:06:09 PM

Don't like non water cooling or external PSU? Don't pre-order or refund.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: