Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:31:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:56:54 PM

I've spoken personally to a couple people now about their dealings with TerraHash as well and it's not favorable at all?  What is going to happen, people like Intel and Samsung coming in and crushing all the small time players?  I am just looking for my small piece of the pie here.

Just buy bitcoins then. Or buy from a company that has stock in hand already, like bitfury. If you want to take a risk and invest into a pre-order I would suggest going with KnC. Also make sure you check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

Is http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ the best calc to use at this point?  I see a bunch of them out there and this seems to be the only one that is either very accurate or is the least favorable.

It's very pessimistic, it takes into account the compunded exponential rise in hashrate, rather than a fixed rate over time, that's why it's become popular. It's not accurate though, nothing can be unless it can foresee the Bitcoin SP, and related price fluctuations.

Also it bases prices of kit bought in November and beyond on what details we have now. Miners won't be selling for those prices come Jan. They will have to be priced more competitively.

Crucially for KnC buyers is what happens between Sept and Jan and how quick we can plug in units configured to wallets, which is also out of out hands currently...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 07:57:00 PM

Not sure what the relevance of a part made by lineage?  Didn't KNC state the power supply used in from GE Critical Power?

If you will kindly draw your attention to the footer of each page of the datasheet.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:01:47 PM

Is http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ the best calc to use at this point?  I see a bunch of them out there and this seems to be the only one that is either very accurate or is the least favorable.

It's very pessimistic, it takes into account the compunded exponential rise in hashrate, rather than a fixed rate over time, that's why it's become popular. It's not accurate though, nothing can be unless it can foresee the Bitcoin SP, and related price fluctuations.

What do you mean? Isn't the rise exponential?

islandsound

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:04:45 PM

I've spoken personally to a couple people now about their dealings with TerraHash as well and it's not favorable at all?  What is going to happen, people like Intel and Samsung coming in and crushing all the small time players?  I am just looking for my small piece of the pie here.

Just buy bitcoins then. Or buy from a company that has stock in hand already, like bitfury. If you want to take a risk and invest into a pre-order I would suggest going with KnC. Also make sure you check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

Also it bases prices of kit bought in November and beyond on what details we have now. Miners won't be selling for those prices come Jan. They will have to be priced more competitively.

Crucially for KnC buyers is what happens between Sept and Jan and how quick we can plug in units configured to wallets, which is also out of out hands currently...

Great info guys, really dig everyones in depth knowledge here about all of this.  Another question relating to the calc was the listing of other hardware vendors.  Has anyone talked to or have dealings with any of the other vendors.  More specifically:

Hash Fast
Cointerra
Bitfury

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:07:02 PM

Not sure what the relevance of a part made by lineage?  Didn't KNC state the power supply used in from GE Critical Power?

If you will kindly draw your attention to the footer of each page of the datasheet.

Kindly draw your attention to what KNC just told you...

Not once, but twice, lol

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:07:28 PM

Yes but the SP isn't fixed, is it? Although we can assume within a standard deviation there is some accuracy without a significant newsworthy change occurring to impact it either positively, or negatively.

ultrix

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:09:58 PM

Not sure what the relevance of a part made by lineage?  Didn't KNC state the power supply used in from GE Critical Power?

Kindly draw your attention to what KNC just told you...

Man, is it too hard for people to load a PDF and also realize Lineage Power is owned by GE?  Here's a hint "©2012 General Electric Company. All rights reserved.".  I hope you cannot reproduce as I would hate to see your poor genetics further degrading the human race.

Edit:  Also their webpage is all GE branding.  Please die in a fire immediately.
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:16:35 PM

Yes but the SP isn't fixed, is it? Although we can assume within a standard deviation there is some accuracy without a significant newsworthy change occurring to impact it either positively, or negatively.

What's SP?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:19:08 PM

What's SP?

Sorry it's a trading term, or rather an acronym. It means 'stock price', or 'sale price'. I was referring to the BTC/USD exchange rate.

With respect to any of the calcs, you can only assume a preferred figure, but any perceived price is impossible to calculate with any accuracy. If it falls, you loose until the price increases, if it increases significantly then all the exponential hashrate increase and electricity costs bare less significance. That said of it increases significantly you can bet your ass more units will sell and more manufacturers will appear as it will once again become an attractive proposition until such point that profit/electricity costs become unbearable for some to continue mining.

ultrix

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:20:12 PM

Your specs simply don't match what was given, and the modules are sold under many names.

They have multiple modules, hence 320A.  Top of the datasheet: "4.5Vdc –14.4Vdc input; 0.45Vdc to 2.0Vdc output; 40A Output Current".   Same as KNC posted.
How do you even type?
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:22:50 PM

What's SP?

Sorry you use it in trading, it means 'stock price', or 'sale price'. I was referring to the BTC/USD exchange price.

But if the miner is only profitable (in USD) if the exchange rate increases then you are better off buying BTC upfront. I don't see the point of calculations assuming a variable exchange rate.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:25:35 PM

If you wish to factor out the fluctuating BTC price, simply assume that you have bought coin @ market rate for the price of the miner.  
Glad to have helped to dispel uncertainty Roll Eyes
Edit: What FeedbackLoop sez.
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:25:49 PM

Bitcoinorama, I noticed you said "we" in your last line....I take it you are a buyer of at least one of these units then? I do recall you stating early on that you were interested in a possible PR type job with an ASIC company....but I don't recall you stating that you were also a buyer of a KNC UNIT.

Just checking is all....
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:28:21 PM

What's SP?

Sorry you use it in trading, it means 'stock price', or 'sale price'. I was referring to the BTC/USD exchange price.

But if the miner is only profitable (in USD) if the exchange rate increases then you are better off buying BTC upfront. I don't see the point of calculations assuming a variable exchange rate.

Perhaps but you have to attribute the value of the currency to something familiar until such point it is recognised by it's own merit. Currently you pay for your electricity in some forum of fiat, and the bits of the coin (satoshis) you profit with a day will at somepoint be dictated by the electricity cost to accumulate them and of course the overall price you paid to get there via the mining device of choice.

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:29:18 PM

Sorry if this has been answered a hundred times, this thread is a wall of text.  Are our pre-orders from early June expected to arrive in September or October?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:31:23 PM

Doh you got me.  I knew Lineage power was owned by GE, but I found a datasheet for the same part without any Lineage branding.  Not sure why GE has datasheets for the same thing on multiple sites but they made me look stupid.

Serious question.  It would seem by the description ("0.45Vdc to 2.0Vdc") that they went with the MDT040A0X instead of the MVT04A0X.  Any ideas why?  It doesn't really matter I am just curious.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:35:05 PM

Sorry if this has been answered a hundred times, this thread is a wall of text.  Are our pre-orders from early June expected to arrive in September or October?

Has not been answered officially.  There has been no reported delay but no more info on shipping timelines.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:35:19 PM

That went by quietly (with less comment than the ignore being yellow on members posts), them saying they're going to sell modules for us to upgrade ourselves?
That's exactly what I assumed they meant to happen when I saw the original design but it was never officially mentioned.
That's great news, especially if prices drop and you have room for some ..or even if a gen 2 module can be used if and when they exist.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:37:28 PM

Bitcoinorama, I noticed you said "we" in your last line....I take it you are a buyer of at least one of these units then? I do recall you stating early on that you were interested in a possible PR type job with an ASIC company....but I don't recall you stating that you were also a buyer of a KNC UNIT.

Just checking is all....

If you'd check the thread from the beginning the entire purpose of me going there was to check they existed for my own purchase. Additionally I wanted to check out an engineering firm in a discipline I'm heavily interested in. At no point ever have I said I wanted a PR type job, although that's generally what people try to position me as. Largely as London has more advertising than engineering roles, and i'm well spoken. The rest is pure speculation from a forum. Though, I studied an engineering discipline from a highly regarded UK Engineering University, it would be interesting to actually use the degrees I entertained the debt for.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:39:24 PM

btw. I've rec'd apologies from Croppo, and he's earned my respect back. Trust profile restored & unignored.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: