Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:11:25 PM

They are trying to sell this as a business to business piece of industrial machinery, but filling it with mid range consumer parts  Angry

AHHH you are right sir, part of the explanation(and huge disappointment) was, that they are here for professionals, not for simple consumers. after couple of months we have got lowcost SOHO coolers and PSU OUTSIDE MINER

cool

No they don't include any taxes, We are not aiming our site at consumers at all. We are not advertising our prices in any consumer press etc.

We are selling professional devices to professional miners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:18:25 PM

Please explain to me what a professional device or miner is?

Because to me, a professional device would be something you need to do extra stuff on before it can mine (buy a PSU, config settings, connect cables). So KNC miner would be a professional device as it is not "simply plug in and mine".

By the way, professional device doesn't mean that it has a professional design. Show me where they say this? They even said before that design is not important to them like BFL.
NoDisco

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:24:31 PM

Because to me, a professional device would be something you need to do extra stuff on before it can mine (buy a PSU, config settings, connect cables). So KNC miner would be a professional device as it is not "simply plug in and mine".

By the way, professional device doesn't mean that it has a professional design. Show me where they say this? They even said before that design is not important to them like BFL.
I would expect a professional device to use the highest grade components available, that's what I would expect.
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:27:52 PM

I'm asking myself why people is bitching for a design of something that just few months later will be thrown away, worthless any value.

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:28:16 PM

I would expect a professional device to use the highest grade components available, that's what I would expect.

All they've ever promised is to meet a shipping date, remain compeitive and use margins upon margins and components that are overkill for the purpose so the damn thing works, ships on time, and they don't get trumped before Sept when planning way back in April/May (or before).

As Jimmy3dita has just pointed out all these devices being produced, or planning to be produced have a very finite life cycle. It's amusing because all these supposed 'more efficient' 28nm chips that are planned for a later a release may be more efficient electricity cost wise until made redundant (with an equally short life cycle), but if they aren't produced in or around the same time as KnC deliver, they definitely will not be more efficient mining a similar cumulative volume of Bitcoins, achieving ROI, or any subsequent profit...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:33:22 PM

yes, same here. top components, possible to place in rack (rackmount kit should be included/possible as accessories), standard data center size size (1U, 2U...) possible to have network/power redundancy. it is my expectation for HW, which cost me 8600$. what we know now from pics looks more like another avalon clone.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 12:35:22 PM

"Professional" just means you use it to make money.  As part of your job. It doesn't matter what it looks like so long as it works.

If you don't like the heatsinks you can just get different ones.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:38:06 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 01:06:23 PM by DeathAndTaxes

They didn't include a PSU to avoid Customs/shipping issues more than likely.

Who said include a PSU?  Just make the case large enough to fit a PSU (preferably with ATX PSU mounting bracket/plate).  Then ship without a PSU and let the buyer supply their own.  I mean come on that is a silly rebuttal.  Right?  We are talking a case made of the exact same material (probably by the same company) that just happens to be 3" wider and can mount a user supplied PSU.  Better make it rackmount chassis dimensions so it can be properly mounted in a rack without the need for shelves.   Are you really going to argue it would be worse to do that? 

Or as an option supply a barebones kit (just ASICs and control board, user supplies everything else for $200 less and reduced shipping).  I probably am a weirdo but this option would be awesome.  Let the user supply "off the shelf" what can be supplied off the shelf.  Brings some of the hobbyist aspect back.  I would imagine there would be a lot of threads on best parts, designs, etc and includng additions to the always popular "photos of your mining rig" thread. Smiley

Anti-flame disclaimer:  I am not saying KNC sucks, this means they don't know what they are doing, don't buy it, or it can't work with an external PSU.  It just seems like an oversight, and one which has a rather simple solution.

on edit: modified for clarity and brevity
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:38:17 PM

yes, same here. top components, possible to place in rack (rackmount kit should be included/possible as accessories), standard data center size size (1U, 2U...) possible to have network/power redundancy. it is my expectation for HW, which cost me 8600$. what we know now from pics looks more like another avalon clone.

What did you expect? You're in line early for a prototype. The game plan has always been a no fuss hashing monster hopefully delivered in time to reward you with a significantly better return than anything else.

These guys are engineering a product to work, first time, in a development timeframe that will be a world record for a structured ASIC. Guess what, now everyone else is trying to copy their idea, and improve on it, but deliver later.

Fancy refinement is for gen 2 and beyond, once you've proved your damn method is beyond mere madness.

You should know what you've agreed to; prototype mk. #1. No frills, but; "does exactly what it says on the tin".

NoDisco

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:42:39 PM

All they've ever promised is to meet a shipping date, remain compeitive and use margins upon margins and components that are overkill for the purpose so the damn thing works, ships on time, and they don't get trumped before Sept when planning way back in April/May (or before).
We all know there are no such thing as professional bitcoin miners. We all know that most are "hobbyists". Another name would be "consumers". We all know there are no limited companies who's sole function is bitcoin mining. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Seeing as no country has decided how to categories or tax it, there couldn't be.

We know that knc claiming they only sell to business to business is to sidestep consumer laws - everything you talk about - section 75 etc.

I expect a consumer device to use mid level "enthusiast-grade" consumer components. I expect better from a so-called professional device. They have promised a professional device.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:44:21 PM

What did you expect? You're in line early for a prototype.

We are selling professional devices

meeh, I think that here is difference between "professional device" and "prototype".) otherwise, of course that the most important is, if they will deliver what they promise in September. Once they fulfill this, I don't care about brand and type of cooling.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:44:26 PM

We all know there are no such thing as professional bitcoin miners. We all know that most are "hobbyists". Another name would be "consumers". We all know there are no limited companies who's sole function is bitcoin mining. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Seeing as no country has decided how to categories or tax it, there couldn't be.

We know that knc claiming they only sell to business to business is to sidestep consumer laws - everything you talk about - section 75 etc.

I expect a consumer device to use mid level "enthusiast-grade" consumer components. I expect better from a so-called professsional device. They have promised a professsional device.

Sorry, I believe professional means it's aimed for data-centres, which is where Bitcoin mining, to be fair, is going.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:46:02 PM

I expect a consumer device to use mid level "enthusiast-grade" consumer components. I expect better from a so-called professional device. They have promised a professional device.

BS, no they're not, how does it sidestep consumer laws?!

Unless they have written explicit exemption clauses in their terms and conditions, they remain bound by consumer protection;

Business to business sales, are consumer rights applicable?!

In short, yes, unless the company you are dealing with has specifically underwritten terms in their Terms and Conditions negating aspects of your consumer rights. This is known as an exclusion clause, and is yet another reason why Terms and Conditions should always be read and thoroughly discussed in your respective thread.

How do you know if the contract (business to business) takes away your statutory rights?

If the person who sold you the goods or services has taken away your statutory rights, there should be something in your contract about this. For example, it might say  the seller isn't responsible for goods that are unsatisfactory, don't match their description or aren't fit for purpose. Or it might say that the seller isn't responsible for any loss you've suffered because of their lack of care or skill. This type of content in a contract is called an exclusion clause.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_problems_with_business_to_business_services_e/consumer_protection_for_businesses.htm

NoDisco

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:46:25 PM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/08/germany-recognizes-bitcoin-as-a-private-money-subject-to-capital-gains-tax/
The German's are always on the ball  Grin

EDIT: Seeing as MANY countries have not decided how to categories or tax it, there couldn't be.

Happy now?
NoDisco

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:54:45 PM

1.2 The Products are sold for business use only and Purchaser hereby accepts that it has purchased the Products in order to conduct a business.

Why sell to hobbists/consumers, yet make the hobbists/consumers agree they are a business?
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:01:46 PM

You can expect whatever you want but they already said FROM THE START that would not care how it looks like as long as it is functional and hashing away.

I preorder with that in mind and so far from everything, I pretty expected how it would look like. Even the drawings/diagrams looked you what the case would look like. Do people here even know what they're getting themselves into???

Seriously I don't know what the fuck people are expecting here. You ordering a bitcoin prototype miner FFS not a Gucci designer Nvidia graphics card that needs shiny stickers on it.

You want aesthetics? Go order from Butterfly. I hear their designs are top-notch.

--

"business use only" is to sidestep the law. People don't already know this??? Does no-one here do their research at all?

Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:05:51 PM

You can expect whatever you want but they already said FROM THE START that would not care how it looks like as long as it is functional and hashing away.

I preorder with that in mind and so far from everything, I pretty expected how it would look like. Even the drawings/diagrams looked you what the case would look like. Do people here even know what they're getting themselves into???

Seriously I don't know what the fuck people are expecting here. You ordering a bitcoin prototype miner FFS not a Gucci designer Nvidia graphics card that needs shiny stickers on it.

You want aesthetics? Go order from Butterfly. I hear their designs are top-notch.

yes, nice. but we are not talking here about shiny stickers, but about grade of cooling + photo, which reveal us that PSU will be outside miner. both is unprofessional. so please try to stop this kind of bitching post and read couple of last posts in this thread again.
NoDisco

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:06:23 PM

You are a real troll.

Cheapo cpu cooler fails, board fries. Takes one week to return to Sweden for repairs = major btc loses.

Use highest quality components, to make it less likely any components will fail = professional device.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:07:59 PM

Troll? I hardly troll around here. It's called being a realist.
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 01:10:03 PM

What is "highest quality components"? Please explain to me in detail.
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: