Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:10:50 PM

What about this meth dealer buying a shitload of mining rigs, then setting up a lovely cloudhashing sideline? The fees would be clean money from clients. He could also BE his own fake clients or at least mine for himself. He could also set it up somewhere safe from interference in a country where the agencies likely to be on his case have no powers.

As for tracing BTC, go on then..someone tell me how much I have in my wallets or where it/they are? I doubt that will be easy.
I don't have the resources of law enforcement. If I did, I think the process would be trivial.

Nor do they. Maybe in the case of some very large important criminal or terrorist they'd find the money to afford it, but as a routine everyday thing ...they can't afford to chase basic bank accounts and all the other places people hide money never mind bitcoins which they may not even have heard of and probably have very little knowledge of.

Life isn't hollywood full of super cops backed by goth girls who can perform technical miracles in five minutes...it's fat 9 to 5 cops who cant find the hoody who nicked your bike most of the time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:16:08 PM

Even mining from pools may not be 'clean coins', think about GPUMAX run by our friend Trendon. You can never really tell where all the coins come from.

The only clean coins to be found are those solo mined and that requires ridiculous hash rate for less variance a.k.a. large investment.

Some pools do provide clean coins. I know at least p2pool does, and I'm sure there are some other pools that also mine blocks that pay out directly to the miners. And to keep this on-topic, will KnC's pool give out clean coins?

Buy & Hold
gkm22d

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:27:58 PM

Nor do they. Maybe in the case of some very large important criminal or terrorist they'd find the money to afford it, but as a routine everyday thing ...they can't afford to chase basic bank accounts and all the other places people hide money never mind bitcoins which they may not even have heard of and probably have very little knowledge of.

Life isn't hollywood full of super cops backed by goth girls who can perform technical miracles in five minutes...it's fat 9 to 5 cops who cant find the hoody who nicked your bike most of the time.

But we were discussing money laundering, and the scale that I was talking about was $250000, which I think would maybe be enough to mobilize some significant resources.

My point being, if you are doing something on the scale that you consider it "money laundering", then I think buying mining hardware is not going to help you any.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:33:59 PM

I think you're wrong, but I hope you're right...it would be a great excuse to interfere massively should something huge come to light. We don't need that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:38:11 PM

What about this meth dealer buying a shitload of mining rigs, then setting up a lovely cloudhashing sideline? The fees would be clean money from clients. He could also BE his own fake clients or at least mine for himself. He could also set it up somewhere safe from interference in a country where the agencies likely to be on his case have no powers.

As for tracing BTC, go on then..someone tell me how much I have in my wallets or where it/they are? I doubt that will be easy.
I don't have the resources of law enforcement. If I did, I think the process would be trivial.

The problem here is bitcoin's no longer obscure.  
It's been thrust into the spotlight by idiot children picking fights:  "I'm an anarchist/tax dodger/money launderer/drug dealer, come at me, brah!"
Once you've baited that 9-5 cop who can't find ur bike, start watching ur ass, 'cos fat cops do not forgive and do not forget Smiley
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:22:51 PM

It's been thrust into the spotlight by idiot children picking fights:  "I'm an anarchist/tax dodger/money launderer/drug dealer, come at me, brah!"
Once you've baited that 9-5 cop who can't find ur bike, start watching ur ass, 'cos fat cops do not forgive and do not forget Smiley

To be fair it's been thrust into the limelight due to irresponsible banksters and the corrupt European Central Bank stealing from Cypriot citizen's bank accounts, with savvy citizens transferring wealth into BTC as a monetary vehicle to avoid the money grab creating a media furore.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

To be fair it's been thrust into the limelight due to irresponsible banksters and the corrupt European Central Bank stealing from Cypriot citizen's bank accounts, with savvy citizens transferring wealth into BTC as a monetary vehicle to avoid the money grab creating a media furore.

So the bubble was caused by the people wising up to Cyprus financial crisis?  The fact that the price has more than halved since then should suggest, inversely, that people have regained their faith in fiat?  If you must divine causation from loose correlation, at least be consistent. 

FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:02:08 PM

The ECB is not stealing from Cypriot citizens, it's stealing from everyone who has net savings in euros (and from anyone trying to save to buy a home) in favour of the banks. The other theft, the deposit confiscation (also in favour of the banks), was the cypriot government.

Personally I wouldn't know about Bitcoin if it wasn't for my forced awareness of the massive moral deficit in the present monetary system. I do believe there is a correlation but the Cyprus effect is totally overblown.

Guys, please move this conversation to another thread/forum?

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:03:44 PM

whoa, lets bring this thread back to KNC stuff
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:40:03 PM

Glad one part of my two answers got some good debate going.

The laundering was a throw in to first point of buying miners with credit cards since bitcoins via cc's is pretty much null.

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 06:59:47 PM

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

What cash back? What intro's?

arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:10:21 PM

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

From your credit card company with my card I get 1% back on all transactions. 3% on gas.
DPoS

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 07:40:03 PM

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

From your credit card company with my card I get 1% back on all transactions. 3% on gas.

yes and the intro is a year of 0% on all purchases

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 09:57:22 PM

The laundering was a throw in to first point of buying miners with credit cards since bitcoins via cc's is pretty much null.

USA based?
DPoS

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:31:11 PM

USA based?

yup

CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:35:41 PM

USA based?

yup

Just curious - I assume you pay VAT. What about any other import duties or taxes?
Basically for a $6999 Jupiter how much will the final costs be including delivery and all taxes + VAT?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:46:40 PM

USA based?

yup

Just curious - I assume you pay VAT. What about any other import duties or taxes?
Basically for a $6999 Jupiter how much will the final costs be including delivery and all taxes + VAT?

They don't have VAT in the U.S.

They do have a sales tax in most States, although it's not consistent.

That generally bounces between 5% and 10%.

There maybe an import duty of some kind?

According to this, I guess if it's classed as computer hardware, it's duty free, with a $25 merchandising fee;

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:48:47 PM

I've been told to expect UPS to collect some import duties when they deliver the machines.  Don't know how much....
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:51:22 PM

I've been told to expect UPS to collect some import duties when they deliver the machines.  Don't know how much....

Sorry I edited above, but this may help;

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:56:05 PM

Sorry I edited above, but this may help;

So it looks like about $25 per unit, plus some unknown amount of UPS fee:

UPS charges include:
a disbursement fee of minimum $5,
a transportation handling fee and
a pre-release notification fee for import shipment
Pages: « 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: