Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:13:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:59:54 PM

If KnC breaks their promises I'll be glad to see a refund-rally. But if you start requesting refunds because you won't get "your ROI" when the device arrives I'll feel truly bad for KnC. I hate to be the one to try and teach lessons.. but didn't any of you think for just a few seconds before ordering that there are thousands of people getting similar devices before and after you do.

If you want to support Bitcoin and keep it's network safe, hats off to you.
If you ordered an ASIC thinking it'll get you rich in no time, have a nice life being a loser.

Sorry, I'm just rather bored to seeing all this talk about ROI. Now that some suggest getting refunds because of difficulty estimates I just couldn't stay nice and quiet anymore.

Especially when the same person has been berating KnC for 'video evidence' so he can upgrade tp a Jupiter and then swearing at me and turning nasy for pointing out he should know full well know video evidence exists yet had he undertaken sufficient research before ordering.

Buyers like that are toxic to everybody.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:11:08 PM

Is this right?

According to this article..
http://thegenesisblock.com/bitcoin-block-time-halved-to-five-minutes-amid-exponential-network-growth/

If blocks are getting solved faster due to the hashing rate higher than the current difficulty that means more coins are released in a shorter amount of time.  If BTC is releasing coins 30% faster than the difficulty states, wouldn't that mean the miners would be getting 30% more profit over a given period?

What is the best method to calculate returns at a given difficulty.   According to (http://dustcoin.com/mining) a Jupiter returns $2969 per week at the current difficulty (50.8m).  That is far from being non profitable.

Does anyone have some insight on the "correct" way of determine a unit's return at a specific difficulty.  It sounds like you need to figure out how much higher the total network is compared to difficulty to know the additional % of blocks found.  (uh..  its getting late and my brain hurts.  I'm sure someone knows this answer before I start spitting out completely incorrect numbers)  

Sure, difficulty is sky rocketing but these units are some of the best priced units out there.  I don't see myself canceling my orders unless KNC totally fuks up on the schedule.  I say that because they continue to say "everything is on schedule".  

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:23:50 PM

meeh 293 pages and it is so simple.

*KNC deliver my preorder during September - ok, nice. thank you
*KNC will have any delay and start shipping in October - I will try to sell preorder here/ask KNC for refund (I don't expect any problems with refund, they are not idiots from China basement)

so, actually I really don't care what they are doing until September. Only important thing for me is, if they start shipping during first or last week of September, because it will make huge difference in everything. And yes, lack of technical information and no KNC rep in this thread should be little tricky for somebody..
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:25:08 PM

If blocks are getting solved faster due to the hashing rate higher than the current difficulty that means more coins are released in a shorter amount of time.  If BTC is releasing coins 30% faster than the difficulty states, wouldn't that mean the miners would be getting 30% more profit over a given period?
No, 30% more people are getting that extra 30% ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
honky1492

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:32:15 PM

Is it possible to manipulate the difficulty increases by removing hashing power prior to the change? How is the next difficulty level set?  Average over a number of blocks?   Just looks like 100TH dropped off the network today just before the increase and I'm sure we will see the power back online immediately after the difficulty gets set.

It is possible to manipulate the difficulty increases by removing hashing power prior to the change, but you will make less BTC this way. The 100TH dropped off the network today is probably just variance (unlucky not finding new blocks as expeced)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:34:09 PM

Still not heard back from KNC ... for 12 days now ...

This too scares the Shit out of me..    I am not bragging or anything but I started a Refund Revolt over at the BFL site back in early June..  Got banned and the whole 9 yards.. Got my Damn Refunds too despite Josh's BS etc..   I am getting itchy that if we dont get some damn solld Info From Knc soon(This week) I might be starting a second revoloution..

June huh?    Well in March I spent two days thinking of pre-ordering a mini-rig..  realized they were full of it, and didn't order.
Instead of starting revolutions, stop facerolling into things without understanding what you are getting into.

Most of the people here will give them into September before putting them to task.  Why do you want to waste their time before then?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:36:27 PM

There's that OP that's been sitting pretty for a while.

A nice place for a FAQ.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:34:33 PM

btw, i setup a team name "KNCMiner" on BTC Guild.   Figured, why not.

I joined that team now with my little 3.4Gh farm, and created a new worker that is waiting for the KNCs

Also, I switched to PPLNS since they recently knocked down the PPS reward.. for a while it was better to use PPS

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:37:42 PM

LOL  Keep trying Bitcoinorama..  But I am convinced now without a doubt you are the BIGGEST Troll on this site and a Shrill for Knc..  No Doubt in my mind..  What a lame sad ass you really are..

not sure, if you notice it, but he has got already thread related to this, you should continue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273026.0

he is not bad guy or shill of KNC, but his funny PR and defending KNC from any side looks awkward time to time.)
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:46:57 PM

If KnC breaks their promises I'll be glad to see a refund-rally. But if you start requesting refunds because you won't get "your ROI" when the device arrives I'll feel truly bad for KnC. I hate to be the one to try and teach lessons.. but didn't any of you think for just a few seconds before ordering that there are thousands of people getting similar devices before and after you do.

If you ordered an ASIC thinking it'll get you rich in no time, have a nice life being a loser.

Sorry, I'm just rather bored to seeing all this talk about ROI. Now that some suggest getting refunds because of difficulty estimates I just couldn't stay nice and quiet anymore.

Especially when the same person has been berating KnC for 'video evidence' so he can upgrade tp a Jupiter and then swearing at me and turning nasy for pointing out he should know full well know video evidence exists yet had he undertaken sufficient research before ordering.

LOL  Keep trying Bitcoinorama..  But I am convinced now without a doubt you are the BIGGEST Troll on this site and a Shrill for Knc..  No Doubt in my mind..  What a lame sad ass you really are..

Sorry it's pointless trying to reason with someone who 'threw money at something' without reading what it was they were purchasing and how the company plans to make it.

It's hardly surprising you're taking it out on me as I'm the guy that detailed all of it and you'd never want to hold yourself responsible for not reading it.

What's worse is you don't understand difficulty and it's effect along with where such effect negates gains, so want to start a mass stampede of which you claim so proudly you started elsewhere. This is not a get rich quick game and other people have equity and time tied up in this.

You're completely irresponsible. I'm not a 'shrill', or a shill for that matter and if KnC were my company I can assure you you'd be the last customer I'd want on board.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:48:14 PM

not sure, if you notice it, but he has got already thread related to this, you should continue here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273026.0

he is not bad guy or shill of KNC, but his funny PR and defending KNC from any side looks awkward time to time.)

Xialla, plead don't encourage the guy, he's a total moron.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

LOL  Keep trying Bitcoinorama..  But I am convinced now without a doubt you are the BIGGEST Troll on this site and a Shrill for Knc..  No Doubt in my mind..  What a lame sad ass you really are..

You guys are certainly "Singing the wrong song" on O'rama IMHO. He's the ONLY "Shill" as you call it, that had the kindness to post & share all the information he has, being the ONLY one here who has actually WENT TO KNC ON OPEN DAY, Met the team, and pent DAYS there!!!!  If it wasn't for O'rama, We would all know ALOT LESS than we do now!!! You are INGRATES!   GET LOST!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:15:21 PM

KNCMiner Reseller Program Information

After seeing that it is almost impossible to trust other people for the reseller program I wrote to John K who can be the main reseller. Here is my message to him, so what do you think?

I'm writing to you, because you have the reputation of being the most trustworthy person in the Bitcoin community Smiley
The text below is a bit long, but please do read it - it is worth it Smiley

You have probably heard about the KNCMiner reseller program, but if you haven't here are the details:

We would like to announce the beginning of our reward based reseller program. Anyone can become a registered reseller of our devices. The rewards are simple, for every 10 sales of one individual device you will receive one of the same items for free. For example, provide us with 10 Jupiter sales and we will ship you a complete Jupiter free of charge. Sell 10 Saturn’s and we will ship you a Saturn free of charge the same applies for Mercury devices.

It’s that simple!

To register as a reseller simply contact info@kncminer.com . We will then provide you with a reseller ID, and then all you have to do is get people to click on a special link in the format of

https://www.kncminer.com/?resellerid=xxx Where xxx = your reseller ID number.

You are free to advertise your own personal link on any site/forum/portal you wish. We will soon be providing an online report where you can view your sales, but for now please contact info@kncminer.com and we can provide you with a sales report.
We will also be providing sample banners and images shortly. All registered resellers will receive a copy of the banners when available.

Basically for every 10 units of the same model that people buy through a reseller link, the reseller gets one delivered for free.

Naturally a few people expressed interest in being a reseller and offered a fixed fee or percentage from the mining income of the free miner they would receive eventually to people who would buy through their reseller link. Unfortunately this would not work, because of trust issues as the reseller might not get 10 sales under his link, so no free miner or he can get a free miner and not pay anything in return.

In light of this information I have an offer for you: register as a reseller and let people know, so they can buy through you. Instead of 10 people offering their reseller link and probably not getting 10 sales each I believe it is best if someone as trustworthy as you do that. I am certain that you will easily get 10 sales and probably many more. Obviously there should be a fair and just distribution of the reward (the free miner) between you and the people, who made it happen. You could run the miner if you have the facilities or sell it and distribute the earnings between yourself and the other 10 persons. I am open to suggestions here Smiley
As a suggestion I think you can keep 20% of its mining income and give each person 8% of the income, minus running costs of course Smiley

I myself plan on ordering 2x Jupiters and 1x Saturn miners and would be more than happy if you would be my reseller Smiley

Please think about it and if you want to get involved register asap, as I intend to place my order soon Smiley

If anything is unclear please get back to me and thank you for your time and patience for reading this long message Smiley

DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:00:16 AM

LOL  Keep trying Bitcoinorama..  But I am convinced now without a doubt you are the BIGGEST Troll on this site and a Shrill for Knc..  No Doubt in my mind..  What a lame sad ass you really are..

You guys are certainly "Singing the wrong song" on O'rama IMHO. He's the ONLY "Shill" as you call it, that had the kindness to post & share all the information he has, being the ONLY one here who has actually WENT TO KNC ON OPEN DAY, Met the team, and pent DAYS there!!!!  If it wasn't for O'rama, We would all know ALOT LESS than we do now!!! You are INGRATES!   GET LOST!

I agree with you.

Stop picking fights with each other, whats the purpose in pointing fingers at each other? Most of us are grown adults, I'm sure, to be able to afford these prices. So act like it.

It won't be too long till we all find out whats going to happen with our orders. I am hoping and preying that their statement of them being ahead of schedule is true, as time is crucial, along with the value of Bitcoins. If the difficulty keeps rising, I hope at least the price keeps inflating to adjust with profitability.
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:15:25 AM

LOL  I just cant help it..  Bitcoinorama try's SO hard to look SO smart but comes off actually looking like an obnoxious ass hole..

I don't think that's the general sentiment here regarding Bitcoinorama at all, but you're obviously trying hard for the honor...
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:18:55 AM

LOL  I just cant help it..  Bitcoinorama try's SO hard to look SO smart but comes off actually looking like an obnoxious ass hole..

I don't think that's the general sentiment here regarding Bitcoinorama at all, but you're obviously trying hard for the honor...

I think we are all entitled to our own sentiment(opinion) at least in the county I am from we are..

Bitcoinorama started this fight with me for no damn good reason and I dont back down from anyone..  Especially someone like him..

rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:23:11 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 12:36:26 AM by rolling

Does anyone have some insight on the "correct" way of determine a unit's return at a specific difficulty.  It sounds like you need to figure out how much higher the total network is compared to difficulty to know the additional % of blocks found.  (uh..  its getting late and my brain hurts.  I'm sure someone knows this answer before I start spitting out completely incorrect numbers)  

The total network hash rate has nothing to do with how many blocks you will find or how likely you are to find one.  It's just you against the difficulty.  Each hash has the same chance of finding a block as any other hash.  To calculate how long it will take you to find a block, and therefore how much you will earn, use the formula [time = difficulty * 2^32 / hashrate].  The time is in seconds and we are talking about Hashes/s not GH/s.

This only works directly if you are solo mining.  Most people mine in pools, in which case, the pool has you submit hashes at a much easier difficulty just for the purposes of determining what rate you're hashing at.  Once they know what your hash rate is, they can use this formula to determine how much you should earn per second/minute/hour for your efforts based on the probability of finding a block at your hash rate.  Of course, pools have other calculations to prevent pool hopping but this is basically how you can guess at what you will make with your equipment.

This is the calculation:

Block Reward / (Difficulty*2^32) / (GH/1,000,000,000) * 60 Seconds = BTC Per Minute Per GH/s

25 / 218,228,744,511,017,000 / 0.000000001 * 60 = BTC Per Minute Per GH/s

So, at the current difficulty of 50,810,339 and a block reward of 25BTC you can expect to earn

~0.00000011455869416294 BTC per second per GH/s
~0.0000068735216497764 BTC per minute per GH/s
~0.000412411298986584 BTC per hour per GH/s
~0.00989787117567802 BTC per day per GH/s

not accounting for pool fees/pool luck/variance or other pool formulas.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:24:12 AM

Metabank is apparently having some supply problems but at least they post some pictures:  Smiley

https://metabank.ru/asic

CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:29:37 AM

WATCH out Dude..  Bitcoinorama about to crack on your ass...

You are a special something, aren't you  Roll Eyes
So annoying.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:55:11 AM

Can we please stop polluting the thread with non-KNC junk.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: