Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:51:58 PM

why is the miner setting page totally blank? says webpage not available...?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:52:43 PM

My power supply is a rosewill lightning.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
warhawk187

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:53:19 PM

The rattling inside the case got me quite scared, but looks like the fans for the heatsinks got loose en route, does anyone know how these are mounted correctly before I plug it in?

I hope this is the only problem I run into...

Ouch That is brutal.  I would be freaking out so here is some help.  The coolers are off the shelf Artic Cooling A320 CPU coolers.  Looks like the fan portion simply "snaps" on to the heatsink main body.  Take a look at the unboxing video and other install info in the link below.
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/473/freezer-a30.html?c=2181

In a related note for people who want more airflow it looks like the cooler can be expanded to a second fan on the other side (push pull config).

I have to admit we doubled up on the padding on the heatsink to specifically specifically rectify that issue, with Marcus last week, and tested it. What the hell is UPS doing to these boxes?!

They DEFINITELY were throwing this box around from Sweden -> Germany(why?) -> Newark, NY -> Brooklyn, NY, one corner has a whole tear where you could see the metal case through at least 1-2 inches wide. I'm about to set it up right now. Crossing my fingers everything is smooth sailing from here now that the fans are re attached. Seems the screws aren't long enough to stay attached to the outer plastic shell that affixes to the heatsink.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:53:41 PM

why is the miner setting page totally blank?

This happens in the original release if you have added more than one pool to the cgminer config file.

EDIT:

Throwing them around like the box in my pictures ??

http://imgur.com/a/s44NM

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:54:27 PM

The rattling inside the case got me quite scared, but looks like the fans for the heatsinks got loose en route, does anyone know how these are mounted correctly before I plug it in?

Ouch That is brutal.  I would be freaking out so here is some help.  The coolers are off the shelf Artic Cooling A320 CPU coolers.  Looks like the fan portion simply "snaps" on to the heatsink main body.  Take a look at the unboxing video and other install info in the link below.

In a related note for people who want more airflow it looks like the cooler can be expanded to a second fan on the other side (push pull config).

I have to admit we doubled up on the padding on the heatsink to specifically specifically rectify that issue, with Marcus last week, and tested it. What the hell is UPS doing to these boxes?!

You should be using FedEx.  They all are incompetent but FedEx manhandles the boxes far less than UPS I've discovered.

Ohh no no no, Marcus is still foaming at the mouth w.r.t. Fedex. A few days before the 30th and Fedex sent the Beagle bones to France, instead of Sweden, then lied about the whereabouts several times. He will never use Fedex ever again. DHL are the guys that saved everyone's asses w.r.t. BealeBones and ASICs, and they want to handle the deliveries from Nov.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Spelon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:54:54 PM

They DEFINITELY were throwing this box around from Sweden -> Germany(why?) -> Newark, NY -> Brooklyn, NY, one corner has a whole tear where you could see the metal case through at least 1-2 inches wide. I'm about to set it up right now. Crossing my fingers everything is smooth sailing from here now that the fans are re attached. Seems the screws aren't long enough to stay attached to the outer plastic shell that affixes to the heatsink.

How do you think their Chinese customers will feel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPzRPga6uDg
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:56:16 PM

The heatsinks come from Arctic pre-assembled with the fans, the whole unit is just placed on the ASIC and affixed with the custom aluminium bracket.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:58:36 PM

Ouch That is brutal.  I would be freaking out so here is some help.  The coolers are off the shelf Artic Cooling A320 CPU coolers.  Looks like the fan portion simply "snaps" on to the heatsink main body.  Take a look at the unboxing video and other install info in the link below.

You should be using FedEx.  They all are incompetent but FedEx manhandles the boxes far less than UPS I've discovered.

Ohh no no no, Marcus is still foaming at the mouth w.r.t. Fedex. A few days before the 30th and Fedex sent the Beagle bones to France, instead of Sweden, then lied about the whereabouts several times. He will never use Fedex ever again. DHL are the guys that saved everyone's asses w.r.t. BealeBones and ASICs, and they want to handle the deliveries from Nov.

I guess I can only speak from the perspective of shipping around through North America.  Awesome if DHL is what they use for November.

Now that this probably matters much, but it "Fragile" mentioned on the box?
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:02:14 PM

"Caution. Explosive!" would work better than "Fragile"

I'd put a rubber band round the fans to stop them popping off and damaging anything as they rattled around the case. Cheap fix.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:03:54 PM

orama,

thx for update!

i got one corsair 1050 hx running.

is that also a problem or just the 850???

Same question but substitute Corsair AX860.

Look there's no science behind what i'm relaying as i'm not first hand dealing with any of the cap issues. And i've probably not relayed the exact broke English/Swedish version I was told by one of the engineers present. But for sure the fact is every blown cap that has been set back via RMA has been using a Corsair HX850 to power it; and it's the one consistent link, and Anotherhost.se unfortunately were running all their hosted boards with that power supply and have had to switch.

Found this on a Cooler Master review. Is this related?

Inrush current or switch-on surge refers to the maximum, instantaneous input-current drawn by an electrical device when first turned on. Because of the charging current of the APFC capacitor(s), PSUs produce large inrush-current right as they are turned on. Large inrush current can cause the tripping of circuit breakers and fuses and may also damage switches, relays and bridge rectifiers; as a result, the lower the inrush current of a PSU right as it is turned on, the better.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:04:19 PM

ITS RUNNING!
thanks guys

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:05:29 PM

i still have no "miner settings" page when tab is pressed, but i was able to config cgminer thru the ssl...?

not bad for a saturn...eh?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:08:24 PM

I'd put a rubber band round the fans to stop them popping off and damaging anything as they rattled around the case. Cheap fix.

Are you insane? TSA would have kittens. And you'd never see your miners. Plus those nice Friendly Bong Inspectors would probably show up on your doorstep demanding why you were shipping explosives from sweden...

@O'rama: That FedEX news saddens me. In my years of management, DHL and FedEX ran neck and neck. Never had a serious problem with either one of them, and on the minor problems, FedEX made good and then some within hours of the problem being brought to their attention. But it has been ten years since then.

Glad at least one of them still has quality. UPS has sucked for my entire life. USPS, though probably not relevant, is the best example of "random' you can find.
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:11:31 PM

Are you insane? TSA would have kittens. And you'd never see your miners. Plus those nice Friendly Bong Inspectors would probably show up on your doorstep demanding why you were shipping explosives from sweden...

@O'rama: That FedEX news saddens me. In my years of management, DHL and FedEX ran neck and neck. Never had a serious problem with either one of them, and on the minor problems, FedEX made good and then some within hours of the problem being brought to their attention. But it has been ten years since then.

Glad at least one of them still has quality. UPS has sucked for my entire life. USPS, though probably not relevant, is the best example of "random' you can find.

I concur.  When it comes to the health of a product upon arrival, FedEx is light years ahead of UPS and always has been.  I think FedEx pays their employees better.  UPS employees are like honey badgers.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:12:16 PM

meh, duplicate shares showing up about every 20th accept

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:12:48 PM

ps | grep cgminer

Ps ax doesn't work. It's nit the usual ps. It is the one that come with busybox

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

orama,

thx for update!

i got one corsair 1050 hx running.

is that also a problem or just the 850???

Same question but substitute Corsair AX860.

Look there's no science behind what i'm relaying as i'm not first hand dealing with any of the cap issues. And i've probably not relayed the exact broke English/Swedish version I was told by one of the engineers present. But for sure the fact is every blown cap that has been set back via RMA has been using a Corsair HX850 to power it; and it's the one consistent link, and Anotherhost.se unfortunately were running all their hosted boards with that power supply and have had to switch.

Found this on a Cooler Master review. Is this related?

Inrush current or switch-on surge refers to the maximum, instantaneous input-current drawn by an electrical device when first turned on. Because of the charging current of the APFC capacitor(s), PSUs produce large inrush-current right as they are turned on. Large inrush current can cause the tripping of circuit breakers and fuses and may also damage switches, relays and bridge rectifiers; as a result, the lower the inrush current of a PSU right as it is turned on, the better.

Nah, that's the mains side.  That;s what your wall sees, not the miner.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:13:45 PM

i still have no "miner settings" page when tab is pressed, but i was able to config cgminer thru the ssl...?

not bad for a saturn...eh?

Best thing I've read all week, happy for you Smiley

@Biomech. Wasps then? Contains wasps, that's work? lol

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:17:22 PM

When I moved to Boise in '90,

there was no world wide web back in '90... and I think not even internet in Boise, maybe not even today   Roll Eyes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:18:31 PM

@Biomech. Wasps then? Contains wasps, that's work? lol

Less likely to bring official attention at least Smiley

Best solution on that end of things would be for the people of the former America to rise up and smite the TSA goons. Fatally. But I think my Dad's generation was the last one with the balls to do it Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 [730] 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: