Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:38:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:47:13 PM

Every time I open this thread, always extra 2-4 pages and it's always the same few people posting Roll Eyes
Yeah.
But no KnC, which annoys me. (as Orama != KnC)

yeah, it astounds me to no end.

everyone always bashes HF as a scam yet they are all over the place on their threads with multiple employee participation. 

plus, i'm not an employee, nor getting paid, yet i do my best to answer Q's.  Roll Eyes
It's not about you. This annoys me too.

huh?  of course it's not about me.

what i'm talking about is the relationship btwn Rama and KNC.  it's really one of the most bizarre i have ever seen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:47:40 PM

Hi Bitcoinorama,

I appreciate your efforts to travel to another country and find out information on our behalf. This is great and I'm grateful. However, the facts haven't been that fast in coming and rather than writing long essays and getting wound up by the trolls, it might be better to answer some straight questions with some straight facts  Smiley

• How many units have been dispatched.
  • How many units are left to be built and dispatched.
  • When will the final unit of October Delivery be dispatched.

With these facts in the public arena I'm sure you'll get much less hassle from everyone here. If you can't get these facts, who can?

They said 700 on Fri I think.
I was told around 1,000 last week when I stated this in the forum.
I don't know, Marcus and Michael are at the manufacturing facility now determining that, but I don't see why it cannot be this week now device issues seem to be more or less sorted with the last update and since General Electric sent their Critical Power guy to double check and confirm the PCB met all their recommendations.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:49:08 PM

I don't know, Marcus and Michael are at the manufacturing facility now determining that, but I don't see why it cannot be this week now device issues seem to be more or less sorted with the last update and since General Electric sent their Critical Power guy to double check and confirm the PCB met all their recommendations.

Thanks! Give them a phone call and get a live count from the factory floor :-)

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:50:17 PM

at least i had the self respect to demand payment upfront for my services.

You got paid to spam threads?

during the time i got paid to sell out Batch 1 (18 days) i NEVER entered this thread, iirc.

and if i did for one or two posts at most, it wasn't to troll.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:50:24 PM

Thanks! Give them a phone call and get a live count from the factory floor :-)

+1
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:52:02 PM

Excellent! The main concern raised here today is the issue of compensation for delayed shipping. I take it you will pass this along to Sam and we can expect an update tomorrow, 14th October, agreeing to compensate 1.5BTC per day late (recalculated at next difficulty rise)?

We await a positive response.

To be honest to date the most my Single Jupiter has made is shy of 12BTC as of now.

1.5BTC would be a bit much per Jupiter order day late.

Was really hoping for some free miner protection thru firmware upgrades because of all the VRM's on the boards.  HashFast customers may not be mining yet but that "miner protection" puts them in a more comfortable position.  Then the difficulty will raise that much faster if most customers paid for it.  But then of course they had to raise the prices even higher for "miner protection"...lol  Like Puppet said, the chips are probably $50 each.

BFL, BitFury, KnC, HashFast...the only people making money in the ASIC generation.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:52:43 PM

while i got paid during the time it took to sell out Batch 1 (18 days) i NEVER entered this thread, iirc.

Well, I respect your honesty for admitting you are now trolling. Who knew trolling had to be voluntary?

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:53:34 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 04:04:17 PM by Bitcoinorama

Every time I open this thread, always extra 2-4 pages and it's always the same few people posting Roll Eyes
Yeah.
But no KnC, which annoys me. (as Orama != KnC)

yeah, it astounds me to no end.

everyone always bashes HF as a scam yet they are all over the place on their threads with multiple employee participation.  

plus, i'm not an employee, nor getting paid, yet i do my best to answer Q's.  Roll Eyes
It's not about you. This annoys me too.

huh?  of course it's not about me.

what i'm talking about is the relationship btwn Rama and KNC.  it's really one of the most bizarre i have ever seen.

What? Go out and check a company exists because it's a lot of money and I want to purchase myself, plus have a sniff around as it's inline with what I studied my post grad in and I have an interest in Bitcoin.

Report back and share what I found out, which could then be confirmed independently by yourselves.

Made to feel kind of responsible by people here on the forum constantly asking for more info, and Sam wanting me to handle communication, due to the fact Sam, Andreas and Marcus are overloaded with work and a geoups of IC whizzkids with Aspergers should never be put in the public spotlight. Refusing to do so on my part on an employed basis until they have a proven working product.

All I ever did on their side before, and after the open day was make some solid suggestions; this is a burnt community, make sure you under promise, and over deliver, get on Board with Life on Bitcoin, etc.

I'm not f-in stupid w.r.t. my responsibility. All I have ever wanted was;

1. No one getting ripped off, so inform and make logical choices. Though entirely your own fault if you won't read and research and make educated decisions for yourself. Those that listened to me are clearly happy, though never have I told anyone what to do, just what I was doing.

2. Wanted to see a real engineering firm deliver through talent and not spread marketing lies to tie up people's funds under fraudulent false pretence.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:54:16 PM

while i got paid during the time it took to sell out Batch 1 (18 days) i NEVER entered this thread, iirc.

Well, I respect your honesty for admitting you are now trolling. Who knew trolling had to be voluntary?

who admitted to trolling?

i think it's enlightening to determine this relationship btwn Rama and KNC as bizarre as it is.
Paladin69

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:54:32 PM

Hi Bitcoinorama,

I appreciate your efforts to travel to another country and find out information on our behalf. This is great and I'm grateful. However, the facts haven't been that fast in coming and rather than writing long essays and getting wound up by the trolls, it might be better to answer some straight questions with some straight facts  Smiley

With these facts in the public arena I'm sure you'll get much less hassle from everyone here. If you can't get these facts, who can?

'orama, do you know when November orders go into production?  When is the cutoff for refunds?  They used to say up to the day before your order is ready.  Kind of a shame that isn't the case anymore.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

HashFast customers may not be mining yet but that "miner protection" puts them in a more comfortable position.  But then of course they had to raise the price for it...lol  Like Puppet said, the chips are probably $50 each.

The production cost is largely irrelivent.  What matters is the market price.  What is 1 GH/s in hashing power worth on the market.  That gets more complicated due to the fact that it will decline over time.   Is 1 GH/s delivered in Jan worth $10 per GH/s?  Definitely not.  How about $5 per GH/s?  $3 per GH/s?   That is what the MPP is worth.  It isn't necessarily HF price in Jan but the lowest price available anywhere (all competitors, new and used equipment).  Obviously 1 GH/s has some value in the future.

BFL, BitFury, KnC, HashFast...the only people making money in the ASIC generation.
No different than any other gold rush.  The rush will end eventually and mining will become boring low margin business.  Those with the most efficient setup will profit and those who are marginal will not.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:57:50 PM

i think it's enlightening to determine this relationship btwn Rama and KNC as bizarre as it is.

I find it enlightening that Hashfast did not renew their agreement with you for their subsequent batches.

Maybe your wisdom belongs on a separate thread where people have the option of reading it.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:02:28 PM

Hi Bitcoinorama,

'orama, do you know when November orders go into production?  When is the cutoff for refunds?  They used to say up to the day before your order is ready.  Kind of a shame that isn't the case anymore.

I don't know, but logic dictates it is up until the point the customer file is sent to UPS and the manufacturing facility. From that point onwards it is part of the automation process en route to delivery; it enters the production line being assembled and picked up directly from UPS, or whichever intermediary they elect to send.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:04:34 PM

I find it enlightening that Hashfast did not renew their agreement with you for their subsequent batches.

Maybe your wisdom belongs on a separate thread where people have the option of reading it.

view it as you wish.  

all i'll say is that i'm very happy with the compensation to the point i would feel guilty asking them to renew it, which is why I haven't.

yet they continue to keep me in the loop with what's going on.  Eduardo called me last night to fill me in on the latest and i continue to do my best to share what i can with the community.  

keep trolling.
Paladin69

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:05:42 PM

I hope KNCminer is going to make something like the BFL Monarch. I would be the first to order it.

It won't be worth it by March/April.  Whatever $/GH might sound good on paper now will be worthless because everyone else will jump in on it too.  It's a mug's game.  Mining was only really worth it prior to the price explosion earlier this year before everyone and their dog wanted a piece.  The FPGA era was the last time this would be profitable for the average person...if u didn't sell.  The real winners are CPU/GPU...again, if they didn't sell.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:07:13 PM

view it as you wish.  

all i'll say is that i'm very happy with the compensation to the point i would feel guilty asking them to renew it, which is why I haven't.

yet they continue to keep me in the loop with what's going on.  Eduardo called me last night to fill me in on the latest and i continue to do my best to share what i can with the community.  

keep trolling.

Keep on solo mining... Grin

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:07:47 PM

How did you get the average on bitminter?

They have a nice stats page here: https://bitminter.com/livestats/big
And on that page you have your hashrate on the 10 last shifts.

and this shows another point that has been made.  The system runs great as a Saturn.  When I run just two of my troubled boards they produce those same numbers above but when added with just a third good board (best of the four as far as cores running per avg) then the cores start to turn off again on the troubled boards.

So, if I am able to run two boards at ~270, the one board solo at ~140 and even the board with the bad VRM(or whole die shut off leaving the VRM nothing to do, take your pick) which can still run ~100 solo....

THEN WHY if all running at once leads to terrible results?  Shouldn't that miner still hash ~510 like it did before I used .95 firmware?  Nope it sent it down to ~360 and best I can do now is run it around ~410 with .94, an auto restart script and cooling

KNC, how about you just send me two more BeagleBoards so I can make this a Saturn and two Mercurys?

the early part of the graph shows no cooling and lots of HW errors.  Cooling increased performance and then .94 increased it more over .91.
.94 allowed the miners to dip but switching .93 had them constantly over 500Gh yet hot.   .95 comes along and is presented by KNC team on website and here with Bitcoinorama as the firmware that solves boards with 4 VRM issues...  sure kill the watts but also kill the performance.   Also, side affect on my one miner was either a permanent shutoff of one die (48 cores) or the VRM go lame. Either case, you can see that the blue line shows it will never get to 500 as one unit again.  If I had two more control units, then they will (what I explained top of my post)

[/img]

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:09:30 PM

view it as you wish.  

keep trolling.

Keep on solo mining... Grin

and i am; with my lowly Avalon's. 

which paid themselves off over a month ago and continue ROI.  Wink
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:10:51 PM

Which blocks did you find?

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:12:59 PM

Which blocks did you find?

do i really want to share my payout address? Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: