Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:07:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 [839] 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 08:20:33 AM

This has been said before. May times over. Do not invest more than you can comfortably lose. And never, ever borrow money to put into high-risk investments.

Different mining calculators said that I couldn't lose and this was not high risk.

Should have looked at it likethis:

Hardware is a PC. Its pretty much a sunk cost...period.  Don't buy them with expectation of gaining anything.  This is like the same thing as Nuclear winter.  Can't start a hot war because then everyone who breathes the same air is now poisoned...just like how now that everyone has access to mondoloads of hashpower your sliver of that same size of pie is now going to be smaller than crumbs upon crumbs upon crumbs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:21:43 AM

KNCMINER hardware owns 20% of the network according to http://thegenesisblock.com/bitcoin-network-doubles-2-phs-four-weeks-first-1-phs-took-4-7-years/. What ever happened to "Network protection statement" ?

that article probably didn't calculate bitfury in, but whatever

will be interesting to see when KNC gets its next lot out after Nov 15th if they will really halt production until feb/march to protect the network...they had a disclaimer thou if the others still ship in mass they would match...but KNC says they will never mine more then 5% I think it was of what they sell...so the question is ....do they sit back and mine  at lower difficulty and take their time on next gen mining equip and skip this whole flood from nov thru feb and just sit back and mine....perhaps really pulling something even better out of the old 'tech shed' and/or..getting kudos from the knc customers and pre-orders for their next run of machines....by being not quite so blantant in their approach to this business (ie we want repeat customers) ..or do they try to keep up with everyone else and keep/expand market share...trying to stamp out BFL and others before they re-coup?

(hmmm.....will probably be more drama and such with these ASIC miners then a season of Game of Thrones...."To play the game of ASIC Mnfg you win or you die!"

see the below clip all sorts of sayings from the series correspond with asic mining ..the use of power and such...heh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dku_Uya8Ygc

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:23:06 AM

it would be nice if bitcoin went over 200 again or i could sell my equipment on ebay for 10k or so
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:24:15 AM

KNCMINER hardware owns 20% of the network according to http://thegenesisblock.com/bitcoin-network-doubles-2-phs-four-weeks-first-1-phs-took-4-7-years/. What ever happened to "Network protection statement" ?

will be interesting to see when KNC gets its next lot out after Nov 15th if they will really halt production until feb/march to protect the network...they had a disclaimer thou if the others still ship in mass they would match...but KNC says they will never mine more then 5% I think it was of what they sell...so the question is ....do they sit back and mine  at lower difficulty and take their time on next gen mining equip and skip this whole flood from nov thru feb and just sit back and mine....perhaps really pulling something even better out of the old 'tech shed' and/or..getting kudos from the knc customers and pre-orders for their next run of machines....by being not quite so blantant in their approach to this business (ie we want repeat customers) ..or do they try to keep up with everyone else and keep/expand market share...trying to stamp out BFL and others before they re-coup?

(hmmm.....will probably be more drama and such with these ASIC miners then a season of Game of Thrones...."To play the game of ASIC Mnfg you win or you die!"

see the below clip all sorts of sayings from the series correspond with asic mining ..the use of power and such...heh...

Searing

you are lucky that you could get a refund
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:26:14 AM

What are KNCMiner's plans on being able to upgrade units?
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:35:18 AM

God I hope bitcoin soars up to 160 by the end of the month.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:37:50 AM

will be interesting to see when KNC gets its next lot out after Nov 15th if they will really halt production until feb/march to protect the network...they had a disclaimer thou if the others still ship in mass they would match...but KNC says they will never mine more then 5% I think it was of what they sell...so the question is ....do they sit back and mine  at lower difficulty and take their time on next gen mining equip and skip this whole flood from nov thru feb and just sit back and mine....perhaps really pulling something even better out of the old 'tech shed' and/or..getting kudos from the knc customers and pre-orders for their next run of machines....by being not quite so blantant in their approach to this business (ie we want repeat customers) ..or do they try to keep up with everyone else and keep/expand market share...trying to stamp out BFL and others before they re-coup?

Searing

you are lucky that you could get a refund

not sure about the refund yet..a guy posted he got such for hosting...not sure if it applies in that I think 'everyone' in now in processing mode rather then paid at knc we will see
if they send it i'll keep it..if they don't prob best to wait till this madness is over the next couple months (then again i'm always wrong feel free to re-post this which ever way it goes.it will be useful in proving me clueless yet again...) also yeah refund did not learn that lesson with BFL (maybe this time?)

(if I get refund btc will go to 500 a coin...if I don't get  a refund it will go to 50 bucks a coin....the ASIC gods hate me imho)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:40:19 AM

What are KNCMiner's plans on being able to upgrade units?

to tell you the honest truth I bet they don't have a clue yet..i bet they look around after the 2nd knc run of machines after Nov 15th and then try to get a handle on it

It is just too fluid with too many players and too many closed 'order books" for anyone imho to make an even "uneducated guess"

Searing

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:42:59 AM

it would be nice if bitcoin went over 200 again or i could sell my equipment on ebay for 10k or so

You could mine a few days, whack it on Ebay with a reserve (and avoid paypal to avoid problems..maybe local pickup as it's big and fragile?) while the auction runs...it sells OK you make break even, it doesn't not much of a downside Smiley

We missed the days when mining made people rich by some margin...any other frame of mind will hurt.
I always knew this, and accepted the risk of KnC turning out to be another company talking hot air but based on the reports 1st hand and other research it was a decent set of hole cards to play. The fact that they made the deadline and then fucked up the simple stuff is massively disappointing, as are the lies about "in progress" ..no fucking way they have a rig "in progress" for 3 days when they say they are completing 350 a day.

Live and learn, save what you can, make sure no-one else stand in the same dog turd unawares....that's all we can do. Smiley

On an important sidenote, how helpful has Pheonix been on this thread? Amazing. Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:53:35 AM

FYI - They happily give refunds for hosting because they can not fullfill their contract in timely manner  Cry

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:55:26 AM

339x paid July 7 Jupiter DHL to Texas

Nice, this confirms my idea that their hosting offer is a FRAUD, plain and simple.

If they were able to ship your unit, where is mine that I paid on June 12th?

Those who paid more are served later than those who paid less, go figure!

spiccioli

ps. obviously their customer care is not able to answer this simple question and keeps repeating that they're doing their best... 'Orama, what do your new friends tell you about this clusterfuck that is the hosting solution?

I got an email from Emilia stating they're going to refund my Jupiter and my hosting's costs.

So, hosting is not a fraud, but simply a clusterfuck.

Anyway, the fact they're refunding customers due to current hosting situation is the correct and honest way to handle it and I have to say that I appreciate it.

spiccioli
genykm

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:56:37 AM

Just received mail that my order 32XX ready for pick-up  Cool
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:58:33 AM

To everyone whining about not making "ROI" or not being able to get a refund...
Just sell your damn miner on eBay for a nice profit!  Hell, you could probably even mine with it for a week or two and still sell it for a profit.

Unfortunately this no longer works for BFL product.  Singles are now selling for less than list price.  So don't sit on your KNC miners for too long.
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:02:25 AM

What about Network protection statement? It's not KnC, but their hardware. The hardware itself is spread out among many players.

Unlike other companies, Kncminer has their own production line machines because they partnered up for an exclusive deal with Orsoc. Now, being that they had more production power than anyone else in the bitcoin hardware selling game, they could have put a smaller limit on how many units they would make. That way, it would have protected the network and protected the buyers because those who could not make ROI wouldn't even be able to buy a unit. However, they didn't. I could argue that they ruined the network even rather than protecting it. They exploited it with their production power. They could have set a limit like hashfast did of 550 units and a batch like system. instead, they sold god know how many units, but it must be an outrageous amount if these network speeds jump so much around the time they start shipping.

If they don't want blame for ruining the network, then where is the transparency of how many units they sold.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:02:57 AM

theres a couple of Jupiters  on ebay for 14K....  Shocked

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:03:45 AM

To everyone whining about not making "ROI" or not being able to get a refund...
Just sell your damn miner on eBay for a nice profit!  Hell, you could probably even mine with it for a week or two and still sell it for a profit.

Unfortunately this no longer works for BFL product.  Singles are now selling for less than list price.  So don't sit on your KNC miners for too long.

I could only hope that I could sell my jupiters. I am going to try to get at least 10k for each.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:07:13 AM

What about Network protection statement? It's not KnC, but their hardware. The hardware itself is spread out among many players.

Unlike other companies, Kncminer has their own production line machines because they partnered up for an exclusive deal with Orsoc. Now, being that they had more production power than anyone else in the bitcoin hardware selling game, they could have put a smaller limit on how many units they would make. That way, it would have protected the network and protected the buyers because those who could not make ROI wouldn't even be able to buy a unit. However, they didn't. I could argue that they ruined the network even rather than protecting it. They exploited it with their production power. They could have set a limit like hashfast did of 550 units and a batch like system. instead, they sold god know how many units, but it must be an outrageous amount if these network speeds jump so much around the time they start shipping.

If they don't want blame for ruining the network, then where is the transparency of how many units they sold.
the problem with your analogy is, that KnC is not responsible for the growth. They're just a small part of it.

They didn't fuck the network, only their customers.
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:10:31 AM

the problem with your analogy is, that KnC is not responsible for the growth. They're just a small part of it.

They didn't fuck the network, only their customers.

If you were a day 1 or day 2 customer, then you made a nice profit by now. Sucks for the rest of the customers who wont make ROI.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:11:43 AM

theres a couple of Jupiters  on ebay for 14K....  Shocked

Maybe, but what happens when one of them burns or has other problems? Either by user error or whatever.
Could be a nightmare. lol

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
ur0pl

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:12:54 AM

10 usa bucks says that bitcoin goes to 160 by the end of the month.
Pages: « 1 ... 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 [839] 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: