Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 [986] 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:05:02 PM

"large mining pools are a threat to the system.

"Miners should therefore break off from large pools until no pool exceeds the threshold size, and so no pool can benefit from the Selfish-Mine strategy," Eyal and Sirer wrote."

Sound familiar guys?

Those of us using 28nm technology are at the forefront in mining right now.  What we do can surely affect the future of the currency.  We are powerful, and the powerful should exercise wisdom when using their power.  This applies to mining.

In a former post I was criticized for my warnings.  I am not sure why anyone would want to make their investment worthless by doing something to harm the ecosystem they are mining in... potentiality making their miner worthless if the system fails.  Some posted that it "should fail" if it cannot withstand ignorance and greed.

I do not agree.  I have power.  You have power.  I again ask those that want to be a positive, balancing force against the threat of consolidation to get out of the big pools that are becoming a threat to our future income and join me in smaller, diversified pools to make our network stronger; more resistant to this kind of attack, and viable for long-term profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:10:41 PM

"Miners should therefore break off from large pools until no pool exceeds the threshold size, and so no pool can benefit from the Selfish-Mine strategy," Eyal and Sirer wrote."

Sound familiar guys?

Those of us using 28nm technology are at the forefront in mining right now.  What we do can surely affect the future of the currency.  We are powerful, and the powerful should exercise wisdom when using their power.  This applies to mining.

In a former post I was criticized for my warnings.  I am not sure why anyone would want to make their investment worthless by doing something to harm the ecosystem they are mining in... potentiality making their miner worthless if the system fails.  Some posted that it "should fail" if it cannot withstand ignorance and greed.

I do not agree.  I have power.  You have power.  I again ask those that want to be a positive, balancing force against the threat of consolidation to get out of the big pools that are becoming a threat to our future income and join me in smaller, diversified pools to make our network stronger; more resistant to this kind of attack, and viable for long-term profit.

Good intentions, but will end up kind of like voting. You may actually have the right answer for the right reasons, but your single vote won't matter much. Organizing a multitude of votes, yes. But the "masses" will always vote with the sheep mentality. Or, in this case, the pools with the best fee/payout structures.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:19:25 PM

Sound familiar guys?

If it turns out that bitcoin cannot exist without your altruistic self-sacrifice, bitcoin will die soon and deservedly.  I predict that a more robust solution will presently emerge, and again, your noble self-sacrifice will be no more than another one of those memories you use to convince yourself you are better than the other greedy, self-interested, animalistic excuses for humanity that make up the rest of the species you were unfortunate enough to be born into.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:23:55 PM

Sound familiar guys?

Good intentions, but will end up kind of like voting. You may actually have the right answer for the right reasons, but your single vote won't matter much. Organizing a multitude of votes, yes. But the "masses" will always vote with the sheep mentality. Or, in this case, the pools with the best fee/payout structures.

Ok, How is this.  https://give-me-coins.com  Zero fees, easy to use for nuubs, payout good as any.

Of course if too many people jump over there, the problem starts over.  That is why I advocate to find one you like on your own, but for now, that is one of a great many great, small pools that we could be using to help diversify the network instead of "being the sheep" as you put it and and blindly going over the cliff en-mass.

MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:25:31 PM

Hey, the lemurs did it for a good cause.

Disney.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:28:22 PM

Ok, How is this.  https://give-me-coins.com  Zero fees, easy to use for nuubs, payout good as any.

What is the pin code that I must put at register page???
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:28:53 PM

Sound familiar guys?

If it turns out that bitcoin cannot exist without your altruistic self-sacrifice, bitcoin will die soon and deservedly.  I predict that a more robust solution will presently emerge, and again, your noble self-sacrifice will be no more than another one of those memories you use to convince yourself you are better than the other greedy, self-interested, animalistic excuses for humanity that make up the rest of the species you were unfortunate enough to be born into.

I am not sure why you call it "self sacrifice".  I make the same amount of money mining as anybody else; more, actually, because I don't pay pool fees.  Why is asking people to "mine smart" self sacrifice?

It is actually self serving.  I have benefited greatly from the experiment we call Bitcoin, and I want it to be around for a long time so I can benefit much more.

Hardly "self sacrifice".

Wink

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:31:01 PM

Ok, How is this.  https://give-me-coins.com  Zero fees, easy to use for nuubs, payout good as any.

What is the pin code that I must put at register page???

Um, if you are asking what you PIN should be, I believe that is a security feature... you have to make one up.

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 09:34:24 PM

http://hhtt.1209k.com/

A very robust "smaller" pool that does not require an account... handy for those not wanting their profits tracked...

... so many great pools to choose from outside the "big five".

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:55:16 PM

I am not sure why you call it "self sacrifice".  I make the same amount of money mining as anybody else; more, actually, because I don't pay pool fees.  Why is asking people to "mine smart" self sacrifice?

It is actually self serving.  I have benefited greatly from the experiment we call Bitcoin, and I want it to be around for a long time so I can benefit much more.

Hardly "self sacrifice".

Wink

You are urging people to leave pools that they have freely chosen, for whatever reason, as best suited for their own purposes.  That is a request for self-sacrifice.

The real problem though, is that you refuse to understand that a herd of sheep choosing to be 'good' and 'do the right thing' will typically end up devoured by wolves unfettered by such considerations.

I don't contend that you shouldn't do what you think is right...  I just hope you will learn not to expect it to necessarily save you (or bitcoin) from the big bad wolf.

Wouldn't it be better for us to seek out a more robust solution that doesn't require you, or those others less intelligent or less righteous than you that you would lead, to do the 'right thing', or even recognize what that is?

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

http://hhtt.1209k.com/

A very robust "smaller" pool that does not require an account... handy for those not wanting their profits tracked...

... so many great pools to choose from outside the "big five".

under pool's found section

Code:
Income		Paid		Net
15125.00000000 15947.50474200 -822.50474200

it doesn't seem right?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:01:36 PM

I am not sure why you call it "self sacrifice".  I make the same amount of money mining as anybody else; more, actually, because I don't pay pool fees.  Why is asking people to "mine smart" self sacrifice?

It is actually self serving.  I have benefited greatly from the experiment we call Bitcoin, and I want it to be around for a long time so I can benefit much more.

Hardly "self sacrifice".

Wink

You are urging people to leave pools that they have freely chosen, for whatever reason, as best suited for their own purposes.  That is a request for self-sacrifice.

The real problem though, is that you refuse to understand that a herd of sheep choosing to be 'good' and 'do the right thing' will typically end up devoured by wolves unfettered by such considerations.

I don't contend that you shouldn't do what you think is right...  I just hope you will learn not to expect it to necessarily save you (or bitcoin) from the big bad wolf.

Wouldn't it be better for us to seek out a more robust solution that doesn't require you, or those others less intelligent or less righteous than you that you would lead, to do the 'right thing', or even recognize what that is?

Let me get this right.  Your position is that I am wrong to ask people not to be unthinking sheep?  Wrong to ask people to educate themselves for the betterment of their hobby/business?

Seems an odd position to take, unless your point is to be argumentative?

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:08:34 PM

it's not, the beta was explicitly to address die zero, but anyone can apply, 9.8.1 production - there's some minor improvements, but Phoenix your boxes are happy as they are...Wink
AAAWwwww..Cmon' O'rama....
You know, that I know, that you know I know that you know, that Ewok spends countless hours tweaking for perfection... So when a firmware comes out talking about improvements....  Ewok will waste no time tryin'!!!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

I am not sure why you call it "self sacrifice".  I make the same amount of money mining as anybody else; more, actually, because I don't pay pool fees.  Why is asking people to "mine smart" self sacrifice?

It is actually self serving.  I have benefited greatly from the experiment we call Bitcoin, and I want it to be around for a long time so I can benefit much more.

Hardly "self sacrifice".

Wink

You are urging people to leave pools that they have freely chosen, for whatever reason, as best suited for their own purposes.  That is a request for self-sacrifice.

I don't contend that you shouldn't do what you think is right...  I just hope you will learn not to expect it to necessarily save you (or bitcoin) from the big bad wolf.

Let me get this right.  Your position is that I am wrong to ask people not to be unthinking sheep?  Wrong to ask people to educate themselves for the betterment of their hobby/business?

Seems an odd position to take, unless your point is to be argumentative?

No, I am just pointing out that you are not helping the problem, and you are annoying the sheep.

The right solution is to make the bitcoin protocol more robust to protect against this attack, so individual behavioral choices of miners is not relevant - and I see on the bitcoin-dev mailing lists that this is well underway.

If you want to lead a flock, feel free - but I for one would appreciate it if you would find another pulpit, so I don't have to read your sanctimonius and ultimately unhelpful sermons.

seanrarey

View Profile WWW
Hi
November 04, 2013, 10:38:12 PM

I have read and received some of the strangest posts in this forum.

Although I have KnC equipment in my mining arsenal, I was not a part of this forum until it was pointed out to me recently by a colleague.  It was, BTW pointed out to me in a negative connotation.

So let me introduce myself.

My name is Sean Rarey.  I do not hide behind any fake screen names.  I am not trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes, or fool anybody.  Anybody  in the area of Grants Pass Oregon, I will give you my address and you can drop by by office.  I am as open as it comes.

I make a living off this industry.  My only purpose/intent is to help others be successful in this industry.  Whether it is mining, accepting transactions at your business, or trading, I make a living off helping people use/mine/invest Bitcoin.

That said, I have been very reserved in posting here, because this forum in so incredibly negative.  Yet... you are miners, right?

Decentralization is important.  Possessing powerful machines, you all have a role.  Like it or not.  And what you do can affect the network.

Why is it that there are those that seem terrified of me telling you this?

I will let each of you come to your own conclusion, but there is certainly nothing to be gained arguing about it.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:02:12 PM

HOLY MOTHER! The 0.98.1 firmware is the boss! Good job KnC for pushing the units faster and faster!

My unit is going TO DA MOON! ┗(°0°)┛

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:04:53 PM

What is the watt per wall for Saturn with 8vrms??
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:14:45 PM

HOLY MOTHER! The 0.98.1 firmware is the boss! Good job KnC for pushing the units faster and faster!

which was your prev fw version/hashrate and what's your new hashrate with .98.1?
does your miner have 8VRM PCB boards?

thanks in advance

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:16:51 PM

it's not, the beta was explicitly to address die zero, but anyone can apply, 9.8.1 production - there's some minor improvements, but Phoenix your boxes are happy as they are...Wink
AAAWwwww..Cmon' O'rama....
You know, that I know, that you know I know that you know, that Ewok spends countless hours tweaking for perfection... So when a firmware comes out talking about improvements....  Ewok will waste no time tryin'!!!

Haha I know you know I know you know, I'm just trying to protect you, (and your miner) from yourself!!

Sounds like it's on fire metaphorically speaking, let's not make it literal. Tongue

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

+1 My Jupiter was running like complete shit since 0.97.  The latest seems to be better.
Pages: « 1 ... 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 [986] 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: