Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:24:28 PM

Bar, there is a saying that perfectly fits the situation: "If you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse."
They found an excuse, I found a way  Wink

Did they give you alternatives? Again your way might not have been viable.

You are close enough to them the RMA shouldn't take but a day or two max just send it in!

No alternatives were offered. Liam was very adamant over the phone, not even giving a reason why a BTC deposit is not a viable option. He just said: "we are not going to change our RMA procedures" in a way that made it clear they don't want to work with their customers.

Sending it back is a risk I am not willing to take: it can take 3 days, it can take a week. The lost revenue while my machine is offline will never get recouped back from the increased hashing performance. At least not at this stage.

We've all made them rich so it isn't in their best interest to try and please us anymore. They already have what they want ( our money ) and once companies have your money they get compliant.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:25:20 PM

It's a standard back to base warranty.

Refusing advanced RMAs is a huge cost to their customers. It does not cost them any extra. I guess the "under-promise, over-deliver" dosn't go very far.

Buy & Hold
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:29:49 PM

Sorry Bitcoinorama, but I have disagree with this return policy and the line of reasoning. Lots of companies ship out advance replacement parts with a credit card security deposit, no questions asked. It's flat out lazy for KnC to stick to their guns on this policy and I highly suggest that they revise it for the future.

For the most part, KnC managed to rise above the competitors - why not listen to your customers and go the extra mile? For a company that managed to get it 90% right, it sort of seems complacent and myopic to not want to improve the areas where there is definitely needed improvement.

There are many of us that will want to order from KNC again and improving the customer service would really lock in customer loyalty.

I am yet to hear a plausible explanation of why KNC do not want to use such form of RMA, apart from discouraging people to RMA.
It's the equivalent of my bank telling me: oh we can't accept money as a security deposit.

And it seems I am not the only one thinking it.

OMG, really?  It has been explained, but I will to it again.

You are waiting for your miner.  I have my miner, but want more boards (turn my Saturn into a Jupiter).  I "game" the system by pretending to RMA my boards, pre-pay & all so they send them to me _but_...

... I never had bad boards, I just fooled them into selling me 2 more and effectively jumped in front of you in line.

Get it?

Thank you KnC for not allowing this to happen.

Smiley

1 - I have Jupiters and even if I get new boards I have no place to put them on.
2 - KNC can request a high BTC deposit per board in order to discourage people from doing what you described. Would you pay 15BTC per board and then keep them?
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:34:44 PM

I was even told directly over the phone that my status as a customer was less important compared to those who ordered in June/July, because I didn't help them fund the initial costs. What kind of a company says that to a customer  Huh
Wow! What a despicable attitude to customers! That really is disgraceful.

But guys (i don't know how to say in english but I try, maybe someone can undestand it) look into yourself and a bit use your brain. What he got on the phone is the raw truth.

This is true, we took a lot of risk on these guys and those of us who got in early + got our units delivered are doing OK with the recent upswing on the exchange rate.

I respectfully disagree. I got in early (day2). I paid in June. I got my order more than 14 days late.
I have, even with the recent upswing in price, only made half of the money invested into it back.
I was lied to on the phone, per email. I requested a reasonable compensation for the delay, which every company should do if they want to hold their customers. The response was more than insulting in my eyes, going for the b2b TOS which are clearly not legal in any state of the eu and trying to shift the blame to me. Even if they had only compensated me with 8 btc per Jupiter ordered (which at that time woulld have been under 1k$) I would have been a happy customer again.
But they chose to stay silent after that. I personally won't buy anything from them anymore as long as the only payment method is preorder and their next gen is out and will continue to buy used miners instead. Also I have to agree that the units are overpriced. We knew that when we bought them, but I expected them to deliver on time. If they had, I certainly would not complain that hard. But seeing how people got 10+ units in one order on time really pisses me off - a serious company would have stated production problems and would have sent a reduced amount to highten equity for the community. I doubt someone with 12 units would have complained if only 8 came on the first day and the rest a little later. But the others who got their 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 units 14 days late are the ones now trying to break at least even while those others are happily hashing away with 30+ btc per Jupiter.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:53:11 PM

I'd love to scam a couple of modules and turn my Saturn into a Jupiter! Smiley

Does Bitcoinorama work for KNC? Or just a large buyer?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
CYPER

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:58:51 PM

Does Bitcoinorama work for KNC? Or just a large buyer?

If KNC set a high BTC deposit that would not be possible.

He does work for them, but he seems to participate here out of good will and not in his official capacity Wink
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:59:52 PM

Hi,

Please write in large writing on the box RMA 131029-12 and send the board back to the following address:
KnCMiner
Birger Jarlsgatan 33
11145 Stockholm
Sweden
We will review the cause of the issue and get back to you as soon as possible with the new board.

Thanks
Emilia

Your return arrived today, was processed and repaired today, and left here by courier today.

In and out the same day.

That two week stuff is nonsense, you weren't even issued the RMA until the 29/10/13 (last Friday) it's in the RMA code itself.
It looks like KnC should have gotten it last Friday, but UPS royally fucked up the address somehow. [Even though I handed the store the email from KnC, and they packed+shipped it]
https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=46808822179%0D%0A&track.x=Track

I owe you an apology for that.
But as far as the time line goes, it still took a week to get the rma number... CS just kept delaying it.

EDIT:
I got just off the phone with UPS. Not only was the address provided in the RMA email wrong (according to UPS), but it still has not been delivered and is scheduled for tomorrow.... meaning either you or UPS is lying. The tracking would indicate UPS is right... and at least my UPS Account Rep has the decency to get back to me in a timely manner.

Haha. You also blatantly lied about it having been received. Now have confirmation from both UPS and KnC that it has not arrived... care to explain yourself?

"Hi,

This has not yet arrived at our location. Could you please provide a tracking number so that we can chase it?

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards

Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20
"
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:01:38 AM

If the deposit was $7,000 per module would you be willing to pay $14,000 to "scam" your Saturn into a Jupiter?
Of course for added protection they could limit it to just one module at a time.

Well if so I am sure KNC would love "scammers" like that.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:24:00 AM

Are you guys kidding?
I was contemplating a November Jupiter...
and went thru the numbers, and made all the predictions in my usual way, and I came to the conclusion, that a November Jupiter is definitely worth it, and spent the 17.6 BTC, of my 27BTC I made in the first 20 days, to order it moments ago....
And I'm stoked about it...
Think about it...
The November units may even deliver before HF & CT get their act together!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
CYPER

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:31:55 AM

Are you guys kidding?
and went thru the numbers, and made all the predictions in my usual way, and I came to the conclusion, that a November Jupiter is definitely worth it, and spent the 17.6 BTC, of my 27BTC I made in the first 20 days, to order it moments ago....
Think about it...

Are you not worried that you have absolutely no information how many units have been ordered so far and how far in the payment queue you are?
Are you not worried that you should have that information in order to be able to make an informed decision, but you don't because KNC is withholding it?

Btw do you mind sending them an email requesting it and see what they reply.
We have too little information regarding November orders:
1 - Final date to deliver all orders? (not that it is expected from them to honour it)
2 - How many units have been ordered so far? - Care to share your order number?
3 - What date do they start shipping (the sooner, the better for you and worse for me and other late October deliveries).
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 12:43:29 AM

Are you guys kidding?
Think about it...

Are you not worried that you have absolutely no information how many units have been ordered so far and how far in the payment queue you are?
Are you not worried that you should have that information in order to be able to make an informed decision, but you don't because KNC is withholding it?

1 - Final date to deliver all orders? (not that it is expected from them to honour it)
3 - What date do they start shipping (the sooner, the better for you and worse for me and other late October deliveries).

My nov orders are 9xxx... & I think I was pretty early on the nov orders.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:44:14 AM

Are you guys kidding?
Think about it...

1. They've always answered my emails, and were friendly & informative.
calls too, even a conference skype call
2. Even 2 weeks late (Best in industry) is @ 60% ROI in 20 days(My original order)
3. A November Jupiter could mean I receive the device within 3 weeks or less from now.
4. My order number is 101XX
5. As far as I know, they still plan on shipping November 15th, there has been no indication otherwise.
6.  I'm Super stoked.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:46:53 AM

'orama,

Can you ask Sam to make a better deal for November orders?

$7K @ a diff of 148m was acceptable.

$5K @ a diff of 600-700m by the time they arrive is simply not a good deal at all.  Buy two get one free perhaps to avoid the hassle of refunds?

Hell even BFL was kind enough to send out Single boards first for me when I needed an RMA.  I can't believe I am praising BFL over KnC at this point.

I was never compensated for downtime and KnC doesn't have any sort of advanced RMA.

November products are way overpriced.

I'm not very excited for a new 16/20nm chip.  They claim to be grateful to customer's that helped put them on the map but I have yet to see that.

I was even told directly over the phone that my status as a customer was less important compared to those who ordered in June/July, because I didn't help them fund the initial costs. What kind of a company says that to a customer  Huh

Wow, that's a really shitty thing to say.  The price of the November orders proves they care about those people even less.  Now that BTC is in the news again, I'm sure they will sell easy to new suckers.

You are either on your period or you have an agenda. So please share with us your agenda.

In a gold rush the guys selling shovels don't break the miners legs with them..they need those guys to come back and buy again.

They don't seem to care. They don't seem to realise that for many, this will be how their whole affair will be remembered:

ORSoC: Amazing

KNC:
Poor/Zero communication
Over promising and under delivering to ~40% of customers
Rude/unfriendly/stroppy customer service
Ignoring customer emails
Inability/unwilling to answer phone during regular office hours
Underprepared and understaffed
Stubborn/rigid RMA policy

I haven't really understood the rage in Bitcoinorama until i clicked on your last posts and i saw that the last ~350 posts are all in this thread flaming KnC. You never posted your order number, but by now you should've got your unit. Did you? If yes got any proof? On whose payroll are you?

I can count the number of people that have (Serious) issues with KnC on one hand.

I'm talking about the people that are on here every day hooting and hollering about how bad of a company KnC is because of this and that.

Having 5 Disgruntled customers out of ~8,000 units shipped isn't so bad.

While I'm aware there are more issues than this, it seems the majority of customers are getting fixed by Firmware or their RMAs seem to be working.

Finally someone else noticed this Smiley

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:51:56 AM

+1 ...  ^
like less than 1%... nice job KNC!

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:21:08 AM

hm, not sure if it's less than 1% only in total which is not 100% satisfied - maybe 1% only which is so pissed off that they will never ever do business again with them..

For example I'm happy about the hardware, but for sure not about some other things like:
shipping multi $k units in thin boxes (an empty PC case I ordered was even in thicker box),
customer service not picking up the phone,
RMA process and shipping untested broken units to some customers they have to return on their own costs (fortunately not experienced myself),
start up delays for hosted customers including downtimes and under performing units (fortunately not experienced myself), ...

You see the picture might be not that bright for others as you perceive it with your 3 nicely performing Saturns and personal support by Bitcoinorama through PMs. Image you had some of the trouble others were experiencing and had less coins in your wallet  - I doubt you would write this way..

And do not forget about the MAJORITY of KnC customers whether not aware, not following or not posting in this thread.
Doesn't mean that much if there are less complaints in here I assume, as there must be a reason why they refuse to pick up the phone for quite some time - no ?

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
CTPA

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:17:59 AM

+1 ...  ^
like less than 1%... nice job KNC!

You wouldn't feel that way if you had to go threw all that "we" unlucky client had to go threw!

I know that KNC is maybe one of the most legit bitcon asic company, but I can't shake the idea that I have been robbed.
Asic miner product only has its original value if it is delivered on time, and performs has it should be.
(Paid my Jupiter 8500$ total and got ~5BTC from it...)

So I am glad for you that you don't feel the same, because let me tell you it is not pleasant!
CYPER

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:24:47 AM

1. They've always answered my emails, and were friendly & informative.
calls too, even a conference skype call
2. Even 2 weeks late (Best in industry) is @ 60% ROI in 20 days(My original order)
3. A November Jupiter could mean I receive the device within 3 weeks or less from now.
4. My order number is 101XX
5. As far as I know, they still plan on shipping November 15th, there has been no indication otherwise.
6.  I'm Super stoked.

You seem to be on the exact opposite end of the KNC satisfaction spectrum, which is perfectly normal when you are at 60% ROI  Smiley

Just one advise: send them an email and ask what is the latest date you order is expected to ship by and see what they reply. I would be interested in their answer too.
FarSky7

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:19:14 AM

Wow. Gettin' a Jupey. In a good way you are a crazy mofo, Phoenix.  Cool

I would have thought you'd do a day 1 order for KNC's next gen,

or perhaps feel out the next up and comer.

Man, if btc tanks, you'll get your Jupe for cheap. That'd be a smooth move. G'luck.  Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:33:32 AM

Are you guys kidding?
Think about it...

you are a brave man I will take the cowardly path and do nothing we can compare in jan 2014

(we also serve who quibble and cower)

and yes part of this is because i'm creeping past 50% (in my mind anyway) ROI on my Jupiter

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:36:39 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 05:58:14 AM by wasubii

Has anyone encountered the following problem:

Jupiter hashing away happily on 0.98 getting a very stable 560GH/s at the pool with case on and all fans on (i.e. as it was designed - temps stable between 60-70)

Then suddenly, after 6 days i found it had stopped hashing (luckily i caught it after two hours only).

I rebooted via the web portal

No other changes at all.

Now hashing at ~515GH/s after 24 hours, everything else exactly unchanged.

Very strange. Any ideas guys? how can i get back to where i was in terms of hashrate?

Tip on offer for a fix Smiley

EDIT: I forgot to add that after 24 hours I did a full power cycle i.e. switched off at the PSU for 5 mins then switched back on, then in the web portal i rebooted it just for good measure. Still at 515GH/s at the pool after another 10 hours....
Pages: « 1 ... 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: