Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel shameful for being a gambler?  (Read 34446 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:28:49 PM

I have never been shameful. In my country, gambling is for everybody but it is not recommed.
But i still have to hide it with my parent becuase they hate it, they never allow me to gamble.
Hope oneday they will see it's advantage.

Parents are just being protective to their kids that's why even you try asking them that you are gaining good profits they will still not allow you because the big possibilities that you will become an addict and relied your life into gambling me as well I won't allow that to happen to my kids even somtimes I also do gamble.
My kid already learn how to gamble but I also remind her that she should always prioritize her studies.
If we can train them when they are young, I guess they will mature early and they will not be addicted to gambling.
I allow my kid to gamble actually..

I think you are doing the right thing. My farther also allowed me to gamble three years ago for the same reasons. He taught me how to not become a gambling addict from the very beginning and now I gamble occasionally but never become addicted to it.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:39:56 PM

I have never been shameful. In my country, gambling is for everybody but it is not recommed.
But i still have to hide it with my parent becuase they hate it, they never allow me to gamble.

Parents are just being protective to their kids that's why even you try asking them that you are gaining good profits they will still not allow you because the big possibilities that you will become an addict and relied your life into gambling me as well I won't allow that to happen to my kids even somtimes I also do gamble.
My kid already learn how to gamble but I also remind her that she should always prioritize her studies.
If we can train them when they are young, I guess they will mature early and they will not be addicted to gambling.

I think you are doing the right thing. My farther also allowed me to gamble three years ago for the same reasons. He taught me how to not become a gambling addict from the very beginning and now I gamble occasionally but never become addicted to it.

This kind of strategy is like vaccination.  Exposing your kids in gambling while guiding them on how to avoid being addicted.  Just like in vaccine, we were vaccinated with weak viruses to have a resistance to the stronger kind of that virus/bacteria.  It is a good thing to see open minded father that teaches their kids to be strong in front of a dangerous game and guiding them through the courses to develop resistance to addiction while exposed to the gambling games.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:42:34 PM

Yes for the most part, seeing that most in my family don't gamble and I'm he only one who's eager to bet on a team I know will win. I treat gambling as a pastime and a minimal source of extra cash and I know I wouldn't end up being addicted to it since I only play like once a week.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 04:46:23 PM

If gambler means people who gamble,

No, not at all. I'm not gambling others assest, I'm gambling with my own money and I know how much can I afford to lose.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:36:38 AM

We will not feel shameful if we are responsible enough to do our duties to our family, because we want to earn money because of our family so I think before you gamble think of your budget first if you think it is enough to all their needs if some of your income use in gambling.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:07:11 AM

We will not feel shameful if we are responsible enough to do our duties to our family, because we want to earn money because of our family so I think before you gamble think of your budget first if you think it is enough to all their needs if some of your income use in gambling.

I totally agree with you, the shame just comes with irresponsible behavior because there are a lot of gamblers who leave their basic responsibilities in order to pursue gambling and that attracts the negative tags around gambling so they are likely to feel ashamed but responsible people are never ashamed of gambling.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:26:37 AM

I totally agree with you, the shame just comes with irresponsible behavior because there are a lot of gamblers who leave their basic responsibilities in order to pursue gambling and that attracts the negative tags around gambling so they are likely to feel ashamed but responsible people are never ashamed of gambling.

I agree but in some countries, the gambling is prohibited if they caught the punishment is very high. That is why people scare to share this matter with others. But what you said it's right a responsible person if you gamble it is not wrong. But if you used others money to play gambling and lost that money you should be shameful for being a gambler. This is not a good way to gamble.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:28:53 AM

When we talk of being a responsible gambler has nothing to be ashamed with, because there is nothing affected of your time and you know how to manage your responsibilities. Those people who did wrong sources of gambling money to be use to invest for betting like cheating money to be borrowed from people around who were close to you. That's the bad actions of doing it and exactly that you will be ashamed with.

culuuton

Activity: 1590

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:49:02 AM

When we talk of being a responsible gambler has nothing to be ashamed with, because there is nothing affected of your time and you know how to manage your responsibilities. Those people who did wrong sources of gambling money to be use to invest for betting like cheating money to be borrowed from people around who were close to you. That's the bad actions of doing it and exactly that you will be ashamed with.
I have times I regret, but that is the one I am most ashamed of. Glad to say nothing recent.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:25:38 AM

If gambler means people who gamble,

No, not at all. I'm not gambling others assest, I'm gambling with my own money and I know how much can I afford to lose.

This is what a gambler should be ashamed of. If he started to gamble with others asset or money thats a true shameful act. Another thing is that you dont have to feel shame when you gamble as if you are committing a crims. Gambling is not a crime and you should be fine with it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:38:17 AM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!
gambling is consider as bad thing but i don't feel shameful for being a gambler because i am not addicted in gambling i only play gambling for fun and if my friends only invited me to play. Even my parents knows that i gamble but they know i do not waste ally money in gambling.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:01:54 AM

Go guys!
In many cultures and countries is gambling consider as a bad thing which only the poorest and silliest ones do. Many gamblers try to hide that they gamble from their friends and families and feel really shameful for that. Do you consider gambling as a bad thing? Do you feel shameful or proud for being a gambler? If it is shame what you feel what do you about it? How do you hide you're a gambler and who do you hide it from?
Let others know!
gambling is consider as bad thing but i don't feel shameful for being a gambler because i am not addicted in gambling i only play gambling for fun and if my friends only invited me to play. Even my parents knows that i gamble but they know i do not waste ally money in gambling.
Generally it's not a bad thing, it so happen that people have different perception about gambling but if you will just think of what really it's purpose, you can see that it is primarily done to entertain people and most entertainment requires money to do it, gambling is just an expensive type of entertainment, so we also have to know the risk to be able to manage it.

eann014

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:27:22 AM

It is really depend on every gamblers situation but as long as we know our obligations to our family and we can still handle our self by not getting addicted into gambling we will not be ashamed of what we are doing because I think we are responsible enough to handle a situation.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:49:59 AM

If you only want to have fun with some gambling game then go ahead and download tons of those in your smartphone. There are plenty of those kind of games that you could play without having to spend any money at all. Sometimes people forget that they could do this without actually visiting a real gambling site instead
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

This kind of strategy is like vaccination.  Exposing your kids in gambling while guiding them on how to avoid being addicted.  Just like in vaccine, we were vaccinated with weak viruses to have a resistance to the stronger kind of that virus/bacteria.  It is a good thing to see open minded father that teaches their kids to be strong in front of a dangerous game and guiding them through the courses to develop resistance to addiction while exposed to the gambling games.

Yes, as a biology student, I like your comparison with vaccination. Indeed gambling can be a dangerous disease if you were not vaccinated against the virus. Some parents have other approaches to the problems, they just forbid everything, but it doesn't work as they expect it should.
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 12:24:19 PM

Its something you dont tell everyone during family reunions. Are there gamblers who are proud to be gambling?  Grin

Certainly not. But some are proud using BTC.

Those gamblers are just making themselves busy trying to win, they don't think nor feel ashamed of begin a gambler unless maybe there will be no money left on their hands to gamble. When there's no money left in the pockets of a gambler, that's when you see him think of his family and regret.

megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:04:50 AM

Its something you dont tell everyone during family reunions. Are there gamblers who are proud to be gambling?  Grin

Certainly not. But some are proud using BTC.

Those gamblers are just making themselves busy trying to win, they don't think nor feel ashamed of begin a gambler unless maybe there will be no money left on their hands to gamble. When there's no money left in the pockets of a gambler, that's when you see him think of his family and regret.

That's exactly how irresponsible gambles feel when they are out of money or they get seen in public openly gambling. I don't feel ashamed because I'm responsible and spend my bankroll within the range that I can afford to loose unlike those irresponsible addicts who will keep playing and even borrow to play yet their kids don't have food to eat. That's what makes them feel shameful and not me.
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:55:14 AM

I will not shame of being gambler because i know what is my purpose, being a gambler is a purpose to win or to make fun. It don't need to be ashamed  as a gambler because we can get profit and earn money in gambling. Because being a gambler is have an responsible. It is not bad for gambling we have to know the risk when we gamble, we will gamble because for the benefits and also for the profit and gives fun and enjoyment i'm proud to myself being a gambler because this is part of my life and i like to play in gambling.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:42:53 AM

Of course not. It is not shameful on being somebody that is out of those people's imagination who judge someone instantly without them realizing uniqueness. Well being unique is something that is within us since we were born. Don't be ashamed on what you are now or in the future because we are born as a unique person and we don't die as a copy. And all people have different fields on where they can excel. If you excel in gambling then continue at it.
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:36:43 AM

Of course not. It is not shameful on being somebody that is out of those people's imagination who judge someone instantly without them realizing uniqueness. Well being unique is something that is within us since we were born. Don't be ashamed on what you are now or in the future because we are born as a unique person and we don't die as a copy. And all people have different fields on where they can excel. If you excel in gambling then continue at it.
i also do not feel sham, because i play gambling in such way that it do not have any bad effect on my life and my family life, i play it with a limit and i can afford to lose that limit,  i do not invest any extra money in gambling specially which i have reserve for any other purpose. and that s the reason that i do not feel shame while playing gambling.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: