Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:23:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE][TUTORIAL][XMR,ETH]How To Mod Bios RX470/570/480/580 VEGA Mining 💰⛏  (Read 220821 times)
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:26:00 AM

Mattthev check inbox, I have RX 470 Mining edition (Samsung chipse), I'm finding the best hash for that GPU, please help me.
Ok, better write to my e-mail next time. I was out for a week.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agtprvctr

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:32:49 PM

Mattthev check inbox, I have RX 470 Mining edition (Samsung chipse), I'm finding the best hash for that GPU, please help me.
Ok, better write to my e-mail next time. I was out for a week.

Hey there, I'm having trouble with BIOS mod on a batch of new Dell RX480 reference cards I recently got for a rig. I get a Code 43 if I flash a pre-made BIOS, and when I open stock ROM with BIOS editor (tried a couple of different ones), the memory numbers are all messed up, seeming like the editor doesn't support that BIOS. My gut is this particular model isn't quite supported by existing tools? I'm attaching screen shot and BIOS here, willing to donate for custom BIOS that works!

BIOS Editor Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ein29jlupex4hk3/BIOS%20Editor%20SS.png?dl=0

GPU-Z Info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wvnmgqa5f5pacw/Screenshot%202017-08-09%2016.27.10.png?dl=0

GPU-Z BIOS Info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wislkozcs9k4hex/Screenshot%202017-08-09%2016.31.01.png?dl=0

Stock ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qnkb6dwzufv7gd/stock0.rom?dl=0
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:50:51 PM

Error 43 is answered 176 times on just this subforum...there is a search field on forums
top right corner
agtprvctr

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:07:59 PM

Error 43 is answered 176 times on just this subforum...there is a search field on forums
top right corner

If you're referring to later drivers blocking modified BIOS, I've run latest ati patcher with all attributes "found" and successfully patched, restarted and the error is still present. I do think the memory labels in BIOS editor showing up scrambled is a sign that this could be a new revision that the usual tools don't 100% work with. I've also tried the old Catalyst 16 driver with the Safe Mode - F7 then patcher trick without success.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 09:22:16 AM

If you're referring to later drivers blocking modified BIOS, I've run latest ati patcher with all attributes "found" and successfully patched, restarted and the error is still present. I do think the memory labels in BIOS editor showing up scrambled is a sign that this could be a new revision that the usual tools don't 100% work with. I've also tried the old Catalyst 16 driver with the Safe Mode - F7 then patcher trick without success.
I guess you are the one who wrote with this problem to my e-mail so we can resolve it there. For others it's probably because autoupdates of drivers. So use DDU uninstall drivers and block autoupdates, reboot, install new drivers and Pixel patch. It should be fine now. If it's not it might need use DDU one more time. It could be also bad riser maybe or too many GPUs. Windows 10 has max 8 GPUs. If you are not running Windows 10 so the max are 5 GPUs I think.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 02:43:22 PM

Added link for DAG EPOCH fix to the first post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068446.0

ser.robert

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:13:26 PM

Think I'm writing in so many places about mine problem, just one more is maybe gonna solve it. Well, the problem is on the VGA card: Sapphire nitro+ RX 580 4Gb Hynix, have 6 of them. First, have tested only 1 with flashing VGA bios with so many different mods, not even one works. The card has dual bios with the hardware switch, find some tutorial on youtube, need to move the switch in front where connections for the monitor are, and I did it  Wink. Used couple tutorial "how to" flash bios, for this cards need Polaris 1.4 or 1.5 version, and atiflash 1.24 version, saved original, modded straps from 1:1500 to rest down straps (1:1500....1:2000). No problem there. After reboot I got a beeps 8 times from MB (Biostar TB250-BTC PRO v6.x with last bios 710). 8 beeps mean that there is VGA memory problem. After looking again how to, make an IGFX primary, there is a beep again, just windows show up. After that used couple drivers, but only version 17.4.4, works with a card and MSI afterburner (this is combo driver, not original find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCSuON1fvZ0). Well, after doing all that the hash rate was 24, 12, 23, 11, 24, 22, 21, ...... Just for a record, this is over 3 weeks experimenting with mods, drivers, afterburner. Used Claymore, of course, for under-volt and overclock, just never happened over 24Mh/s. I read all these pages here, some people have a similar problem, and I did what they describe, with no luck. After tonight I give up, have an over 30 pages of what I have tried, so many combinations, mods, drivers, etc,...The major problem is that driver not see the modded VGA bios.

I'm asking someone who has an exactly same card as mine and makes 28Mh/s or so, to write me here or on email (ser.robert.ilic@gmail.com) step by step, how to, any help will be gladly accepted.

Thanks for your time
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 07:02:24 AM

Think I'm writing in so many places about mine problem, just one more is maybe gonna solve it. Well, the problem is on the VGA card: Sapphire nitro+ RX 580 4Gb Hynix, have 6 of them. First, have tested only 1 with flashing VGA bios with so many different mods, not even one works. The card has dual bios with the hardware switch, find some tutorial on youtube, need to move the switch in front where connections for the monitor are, and I did it  Wink. Used couple tutorial "how to" flash bios, for this cards need Polaris 1.4 or 1.5 version, and atiflash 1.24 version, saved original, modded straps from 1:1500 to rest down straps (1:1500....1:2000). No problem there. After reboot I got a beeps 8 times from MB (Biostar TB250-BTC PRO v6.x with last bios 710). 8 beeps mean that there is VGA memory problem. After looking again how to, make an IGFX primary, there is a beep again, just windows show up. After that used couple drivers, but only version 17.4.4, works with a card and MSI afterburner (this is combo driver, not original find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCSuON1fvZ0). Well, after doing all that the hash rate was 24, 12, 23, 11, 24, 22, 21, ...... Just for a record, this is over 3 weeks experimenting with mods, drivers, afterburner. Used Claymore, of course, for under-volt and overclock, just never happened over 24Mh/s. I read all these pages here, some people have a similar problem, and I did what they describe, with no luck. After tonight I give up, have an over 30 pages of what I have tried, so many combinations, mods, drivers, etc,...The major problem is that driver not see the modded VGA bios.

I'm asking someone who has an exactly same card as mine and makes 28Mh/s or so, to write me here or on email (ser.robert.ilic@gmail.com) step by step, how to, any help will be gladly accepted.

Thanks for your time
Here we go again... Did you apply ATI Pixel Clock Patch after the driver installation?
Also why are you using Atiflash, when you running Windows? Use AtiWinflash instead.

ser.robert

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:11:20 PM

Thanks for your time
Here we go again... Did you apply ATI Pixel Clock Patch after the driver installation?
Also why are you using Atiflash, when you running Windows? Use AtiWinflash instead.

sorry for un clarification above, and yes used ATI Pixel Patch and yes I'm using AtiWinflash, ofcourse, anyway still not near solving mine problem. Think solved 1 problem with MB beeps, just changed MB with Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2, and there is no beep, just one, and finally, I can boot windows with Radeon VGA as primary VGA.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 07:52:09 AM

sorry for un clarification above, and yes used ATI Pixel Patch and yes I'm using AtiWinflash, ofcourse, anyway still not near solving mine problem. Think solved 1 problem with MB beeps, just changed MB with Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2, and there is no beep, just one, and finally, I can boot windows with Radeon VGA as primary VGA.

Good to hear. So it was faulty MB? I don't have this mobo, but friend does and the only problem I had, when I was building his rig, that it didn't support G3930 with stock bios... I don't know what the guys thought, new mining mobo that not support the most used CPU for mining -_- Skylake Pentium was working just fine.

Zucca

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:50:37 PM

I have a Hynix Asus trix RX 470 4g.
I am not able to make its hash over 24mh. What values should I put? I copied timmings from 1500 to 1625 and 1750. And put the memory lcock value to 1750. I have read here that these video cards can reach 30mh.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:05:51 PM

Yeah, it can run 30MH/s with right timing and driver, but most likely not with the 1500MHz copy paste job. Then you need OC memory to 2000Mhz and more also check for the memory errors.
I've explained lot of it in first post.

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 11:19:04 AM

Hi Mattthev,

This is my first try in overclocking, so i need your advice whether this is right or not.
I have 6 Powercolor Red Dragon RX470 4gb with Hynix chipset all of them. What i've done was flashing them all using Anorak's bios rom, then using Dag fix from robinhood threads.

This is my result which actually stable but seems like something is not right with my feeling on it even electricity is not my concern.

Could you please suggest me what should i do with those settings? Should i lower the core voltage or else?

Truly appreciate for your help.
Regards.
Yeah, the voltages should be less than 900mV with these core clocks. The main problem would be Anorak's bios, it's not very good, he just copy and paste straps from 1500 and up. You can do it by yourself with stock bios it's better, but still not very good.

Zucca

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:09:25 PM

Yeah, it can run 30MH/s with right timing and driver, but most likely not with the 1500MHz copy paste job. Then you need OC memory to 2000Mhz and more also check for the memory errors.

Ok, I just wanted to know if it was safe to raise the mem clock values above 1750. I will work on it, thank you.
I have a coulple more questions:
  • My current overclocking works, and I am getting 24,5 mh in Windows, however, when I run it in linux, it doesn't work, I get 20mh, like if it is not overclocked. Why?
  • If I try undervolting by usign Claymore params, it doesn't work. Same if I do it via Bios editing with polaris BIOS editor and atiflash, I only was able to make undervolting work via wattaman
  • Are the video cards R9 fury worth to overclocking? I havent found documentation for those cards
  • If I overclock my videocards, will it only worth for mining eth, or should they increase the hashrates in other currencies as well (e.g. zcash)
bobbintb

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

I have ASUS RX580 8GB with Samsung memory. I've been trying for weeks and I feel like I've tried everything but I can only get the card in the higher 26mhs range. I copied the stock 1750 strap to the 2000 strap and undervolted. It seems any time I adjust the clock speeds it becomes unstable. I tried ubermix 3.1 and it goes to about 28 or 29 for a few seconds and then drops down to about 22-24. Any ideas? I have 12 cards so if I can squeeze a little more performance out of each of them it will greatly increase my hashing.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

Ok, I just wanted to know if it was safe to raise the mem clock values above 1750. I will work on it, thank you.
I have a coulple more questions:
  • My current overclocking works, and I am getting 24,5 mh in Windows, however, when I run it in linux, it doesn't work, I get 20mh, like if it is not overclocked. Why?
  • If I try undervolting by usign Claymore params, it doesn't work. Same if I do it via Bios editing with polaris BIOS editor and atiflash, I only was able to make undervolting work via wattaman
  • Are the video cards R9 fury worth to overclocking? I havent found documentation for those cards
  • If I overclock my videocards, will it only worth for mining eth, or should they increase the hashrates in other currencies as well (e.g. zcash)
Are the clocks applied?
You are using new drivers, OC in Claymore is not working with new Overdriven API.
Why not? Undervolt for better power consumption, every GPU can be OC for better hashrate.
Zcash is core intensive you don't need there memory OC.

I have ASUS RX580 8GB with Samsung memory. I've been trying for weeks and I feel like I've tried everything but I can only get the card in the higher 26mhs range. I copied the stock 1750 strap to the 2000 strap and undervolted. It seems any time I adjust the clock speeds it becomes unstable. I tried ubermix 3.1 and it goes to about 28 or 29 for a few seconds and then drops down to about 22-24. Any ideas? I have 12 cards so if I can squeeze a little more performance out of each of them it will greatly increase my hashing.
You send this as PM too, right?

Zucca

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:52:37 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 10:59:44 PM by Zucca

Are the clocks applied?
They are! The overclock is 100% via BIOS mod

Why not? Undervolt for better power consumption, every GPU can be OC for better hashrate.

I will reformulate the question: Have you tried overclocking that video card with good results? Because I have read that it wont make any different

Zcash is core intensive you don't need there memory OC.

Maybe core overclocking?

THank you!
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 08:23:37 AM

You are right i guess, because it's not stable anymore. Currently i change core voltage to 66, core clock to 1225 and memory clock to 2000 and want to see this for couple hours.
If this configuration failed i want to restore to it's original rom and start all over again in strapping 1750.
Do you have any specific rom for my cards?
Regards.

Core voltage 66? What?
No, I can mod your stock rom. I always do.

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 09:41:09 AM

Sorry, typo it's for -60  Wink
Currently i'm testing this configuration, hope this would be nice.
Thanks.
1065MHz with 1+V? You can run those clocks at 800mV. I would run it at least with 1100Mhz, for stability it can be like 850-900mV with no problems even if the card is not very good.

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 06:52:22 PM

1065MHz with 1+V? You can run those clocks at 800mV. I would run it at least with 1100Mhz, for stability it can be like 850-900mV with no problems even if the card is not very good.

Hi Matt,
I have change into 1100 few minutes a go, let's see for the next 12 hours. I hope it would be ok.
Thank You.
For higher hashrate you can adjust core clocks more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: