Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:04:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE][TUTORIAL][XMR,ETH]How To Mod Bios RX470/570/480/580 VEGA Mining 💰⛏  (Read 220820 times)
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:22:31 PM

Does anybody here have GPU with Hynix H5GC8H24MJ memory? I need test timings. The only card I know using this is MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB Hynix. Thanks.

Some RX560s use that memory (with added letter R at the end, H5GC8H24MJR). My Gigabyte for example...unfortunately Gigabyte put 6GHz memory instead 7GHz, making
it bad for mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Joaonep

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:48:18 PM

Hi guys i will say that i am quite new to the mining world and i have already made the first mistake.... i believe...

I have the following
Gugabyte b350 gaming AM4
Ryden 3 1200
Amd asus R230 to connect a monitor(poor choice of mother board or graphic cards)
3x Sapphire Rx470 8gb Nitro Mining edition hynix memory
Psu 850w

First issue my cards dont have monitor connection... so r230 was bought obly to be able to configurate this...

By default cards hit the 600w from de wall(all shstem) gives me 20.300mhz

I have change the clocks using trixx and i am getting 21.5mhz on two cards and 20.3 on the third one and the whole system is pulling 400w what is better but not perfect. The manufacture says 24 to 27 what is not happening... therefore i need to mod the bios to try to get better hashes...

I have read and watched multiple videos about modding cards and similar cards i have even tried once(i though i jad bricked card)

So first of all.... all the videos i saw the card had straps up to 2000 my one has and additional one 2250... in all videos the timing that was added to 1725 to 2000 started with a 777 my card on the same places has a 999 on the timing...
Still tried to copy paste the 1725 to the 2000 and to the 2250.... windows restarted with a blue screen about some errors..... the card was not readable as the drivers were says unknow on the gpuz..... atiwinflash would not star normally and would appear error reading rom. Using Cmd i was able to flash back to backup and after unistalling the drivers and card and reinstalling everything i got it working again..... before flashing back i tried the amd dagpatch for the checking bios and nothing worked.... i definetely i need more hashrate on this outherwise i will be losing on the cards investement..... can some one help me with the timing and config to make this run for last i am using thr latet driver 17.7.2.....

Any gool soul to help out a new miner for the eth community?
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 06:56:54 PM

Hi guys i will say that i am quite new to the mining world and i have already made the first mistake.... i believe...

I have the following
Gugabyte b350 gaming AM4
Ryden 3 1200
Amd asus R230 to connect a monitor(poor choice of mother board or graphic cards)
3x Sapphire Rx470 8gb Nitro Mining edition hynix memory
Psu 850w

First issue my cards dont have monitor connection... so r230 was bought obly to be able to configurate this...

By default cards hit the 600w from de wall(all shstem) gives me 20.300mhz

I have change the clocks using trixx and i am getting 21.5mhz on two cards and 20.3 on the third one and the whole system is pulling 400w what is better but not perfect. The manufacture says 24 to 27 what is not happening... therefore i need to mod the bios to try to get better hashes...

I have read and watched multiple videos about modding cards and similar cards i have even tried once(i though i jad bricked card)

So first of all.... all the videos i saw the card had straps up to 2000 my one has and additional one 2250... in all videos the timing that was added to 1725 to 2000 started with a 777 my card on the same places has a 999 on the timing...
Still tried to copy paste the 1725 to the 2000 and to the 2250.... windows restarted with a blue screen about some errors..... the card was not readable as the drivers were says unknow on the gpuz..... atiwinflash would not star normally and would appear error reading rom. Using Cmd i was able to flash back to backup and after unistalling the drivers and card and reinstalling everything i got it working again..... before flashing back i tried the amd dagpatch for the checking bios and nothing worked.... i definetely i need more hashrate on this outherwise i will be losing on the cards investement..... can some one help me with the timing and config to make this run for last i am using thr latet driver 17.7.2.....

Well you might hope, but they are thousands like you, guys who know how to do good bios mod wouldn't do anything else Cheesy

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Joaonep

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:14:30 PM

[/quote]
Well you might hope, but they are thousands like you, guys who know how to do good bios mod wouldn't do anything else Cheesy
[/quote]

Well.... MatthewV would you be able to help me out with this.... i have seen that you have tried to help a few with similar problems .... 

I would say i need to have a better understanding of the checking bios of relive and hiw to bupass this and of course the timings as i have this new strap  2250.... that makes me doubt of all other guides....

This were made for mining i was hoping to have more info on this what i cannot find☹️☹️
Joaonep

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:59:41 AM

Hi Guys SO I have made some progress since  early on.....
I took the risk of trying again.... this time more calm.... So, I have backup the bios with ATIWinFlash..... I copy the timings from 1750 to 2000 and to 2250....
Restarted a few times and applied the patch the bios check and looks like it worked. I have three cards I have flashed one by one and restarted after each time and at the end after doing this to all three I have applied the patch and restarted again....

Using Trixx I have setup to GPU clock 1150 - Memory 2000 Power Limit 0% GPU Voltage -96 give or take this is the average for the cards with a few tweaks here and there..... (Still have a long way to run to find out the best specs)

It's giving me a 24mh each so all this for 7mhz more...

Its looking stable however I am sure its possible to find a better timing and get a better performance... Overall the all system is pulling 400W from the wall... This shown by a Watt Meter on the main plug.... so same wattage however a little bit more hash.... I just though maybe would be able to help someone on the same problem .... Still as a said before not perfect and I might try other timing later on...

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

I took the risk of trying again.... this time more calm.... So, I have backup the bios with ATIWinFlash..... I copy the timings from 1750 to 2000 and to 2250....
Restarted a few times and applied the patch the bios check and looks like it worked. I have three cards I have flashed one by one and restarted after each time and at the end after doing this to all three I have applied the patch and restarted again....

Using Trixx I have setup to GPU clock 1150 - Memory 2000 Power Limit 0% GPU Voltage -96 give or take this is the average for the cards with a few tweaks here and there..... (Still have a long way to run to find out the best specs)

Its looking stable however I am sure its possible to find a better timing and get a better performance... Overall the all system is pulling 400W from the wall... This shown by a Watt Meter on the main plug.... so same wattage however a little bit more hash.... I just though maybe would be able to help someone on the same problem .... Still as a said before not perfect and I might try other timing later on...

You won't get far with copying these straps. :/ You might set lower voltages in bios.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:22:45 PM

This guide should be updated with Polaris 1.6 which has optimal timings built in and a one click button which detects your cards memory and automatically applies the correct timing, after which all you have to do is save the modded bios file and then load it onto the card.

https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:50:46 PM

I might do that, but except Uber-Mix those other timings are leaked and creator of that PBE took it somewhere not even mention the original creator of those timings, probably he doesn't even know who made them. They aren't so good, it won't work with every cards. Some memory types is missing there. And for some vendors it should also detect VRAM size. Maybe in next version.

greatauror28

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

Ethereum Miner

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:48:47 PM

I might do that, but except Uber-Mix those other timings are leaked and creator of that PBE took it somewhere not even mention the original creator of those timings, probably he doesn't even know who made them. They aren't so good, it won't work with every cards. Some memory types is missing there. And for some vendors it should also detect VRAM size. Maybe in next version.

Isn't it too early for you to tell all of these?

I want to see which cards have you tried with this PBE 1.6 and what are your results.
Then I would want to see your comparison with the output of this PBE to your "custom" timing straps if they are really night and day.

I'm a proponent of free and accessible stuff for the benefit of everyone after all.

I build and sell rigs! I also sell ssd clones of the most stable Windows+Claymore+AMD driver combo you'd ever used.
iRrromka

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:11:57 PM

Does anybody here have GPU with Hynix H5GC8H24MJ memory? I need test timings. The only card I know using this is MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB Hynix. Thanks.

I have this card
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:14:48 PM

I want to see which cards have you tried with this PBE 1.6 and what are your results.
Then I would want to see your comparison with the output of this PBE to your "custom" timing straps if they are really night and day.

I'm a proponent of free and accessible stuff for the benefit of everyone after all.
Well me too, I've made this guide for all for free. I've got 0 tip for that. What do you do for the good of mining community?
The PBE 1.6 is out for few weeks now. I've seen all those timings months ago, they aren't new. Wolf0 was talking about the Hynix strap I think he marked it with B-. They use it on youtube videos for a while now... only new thing the PBE 1.6 do is the one click edit. But still it's better than copy 1500Mhz straps.

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:15:36 PM

I have this card
Do you know how to mod bios? Write me an e-mail I will send you the timing strap.

greatauror28

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

Ethereum Miner

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

Well me too, I've made this guide for all for free. I've got 0 tip for that. What do you do for the good of mining community?
The PBE 1.6 is out for few weeks now. I've seen all those timings months ago, they aren't new. Wolf0 was talking about the Hynix strap I think he marked it with B-. They use it on youtube videos for a while now... only new thing the PBE 1.6 do is the one click edit. But still it's better than copy 1500Mhz straps.

Funny you give them away for free now. I recall earlier in this thread you're selling them (even when they're not yours) and just reverted when you've been called out.

I might not have my "own" thread like these but I help if I can, not only in this board, but on other boards and forums as well.

If you're a good samaritan, why not post all the links to all BIOS mods you have in the first page of this thread? Why there's still a "PM me" thing i'm seeing?

Let's see if you can do that.  Grin

I build and sell rigs! I also sell ssd clones of the most stable Windows+Claymore+AMD driver combo you'd ever used.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 04:41:18 PM

Funny you give them away for free now. I recall earlier in this thread you're selling them (even when they're not yours) and just reverted when you've been called out.

I might not have my "own" thread like these but I help if I can, not only in this board, but on other boards and forums as well.

If you're a good samaritan, why not post all the links to all BIOS mods you have in the first page of this thread? Why there's still a "PM me" thing i'm seeing?

Let's see if you can do that.  Grin
Why would I do that? I'm not a charity.
BTW again thanks for promoting this thread, half you your post are in here.

Joaonep

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:13:03 PM

You won't get far with copying these straps. :/ You might set lower voltages in bios.

MatthewV: When you say lower voltage in bios what do you mean? Undervolt  - Directly on the VBios Config? (My Exxperience with Bios Modding was at the time of the 8800GTX and the propose was for Games not for mining, so if you could elaborate on this  I would appreciate).

In the mean time I have found some one placing their memory timing from a Rx580 and all the timings were exactly the same of my original memory timing as my one is a 8gb hynix.... so I yried the timing on the card the: 777000000000000022AA1C00B56A6D46C0551017BE8E060C006AE6000C081420EA8900AB0300000 01B162C31C0313F17
 I tried on the 1725 2000 2250 and is going up to 25.5 stable I would say.... even do my card is Rx470 its working for now... 45 to 50 degrees celsius......

Still no way close to the 28/29mhz objective.... If anyone has a new timing of config to improve the hashrate with stability let me know... I would say I am doing what I can for my self and community as I am leaving behind every step..... (I am not a quiter so I be around for little nit more I would say)

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 08:34:37 PM

MatthewV: When you say lower voltage in bios what do you mean? Undervolt  - Directly on the VBios Config? (My Exxperience with Bios Modding was at the time of the 8800GTX and the propose was for Games not for mining, so if you could elaborate on this  I would appreciate).

In the mean time I have found some one placing their memory timing from a Rx580 and all the timings were exactly the same of my original memory timing as my one is a 8gb hynix.... so I yried the timing on the card the: 777000000000000022AA1C00B56A6D46C0551017BE8E060C006AE6000C081420EA8900AB0300000 01B162C31C0313F17
 I tried on the 1725 2000 2250 and is going up to 25.5 stable I would say.... even do my card is Rx470 its working for now... 45 to 50 degrees celsius......

Still no way close to the 28/29mhz objective.... If anyone has a new timing of config to improve the hashrate with stability let me know... I would say I am doing what I can for my self and community as I am leaving behind every step..... (I am not a quiter so I be around for little nit more I would say)

I've mentioned in the guide how to do that, it need some improvement it's not really clear. I will update it.
You may use static voltages like 950mV for exact clocks, or you may use dynamic voltages those are stock in bios. I don't know what clocks are you using so for stability you might use 1250MHz with 65285 voltage or 65284 if you are using lower clocks. The voltage table must going upwards. Voltage must be same or higher than the previous one.
You also need to OC the memory for best performance.

allensky9

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:55:17 PM

hi Mattthev,
my gigabyte Gv-rx580gaming-8gd (hynix) only have 1:1500...don't have 1:1750 and 1:2000,why is this issue?
TigTex

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:02:48 PM

From github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor, inside the file PolarisBiosEditor.cs you can read the following timings:

Code:
SAMSUNG
"777000000000000022CC1C00AD615C41C0590E152ECC8608006007000B031420FA8900A00300000010122F3FBA354019"

HYNIX
"777000000000000022AA1C00B56A6D46C0551017BE8E060C006AE6000C081420EA8900AB030000001B162C31C0313F17"

Micron
"777000000000000022AA1C0073626C41B0551016BA0D260B006AE60004061420EA8940AA030000001914292EB22E3B16"

Elpida
"777000000000000022AA1C00315A5436A0550F15B68C1506004082007C041420CA8980A9020004C01712262B612B3715"
Just place them on the 1:2000 (or 2:2000), set VRAM clock to 2000, save and flash your bios.
If you are going to run your vrams at >2000mhz, only patch the 2000 timing.

On SAPPHIRE RX580 PULSE 4GB (elpida) @ 2080mhz I do 31,2MH/s (no errors on hwinfo). Not bad for a "free" timing.
Give them a try

.::. TigTex .::.
Good luck! Have a nice hash
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 11:27:59 PM

Just place them on the 1:2000 (or 2:2000), set VRAM clock to 2000, save and flash your bios.
If you are going to run your vrams at >2000mhz, only patch the 2000 timing.

On SAPPHIRE RX580 PULSE 4GB (elpida) @ 2080mhz I do 31,2MH/s (no errors on hwinfo). Not bad for a "free" timing.
Give them a try
Why to do it like that? If you want these timings use the PBE Cheesy One click and that's it...

SAMiner2017

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:30:40 PM

Hi All

I have some PowerColor RX570 Red Dragon 4GB Cards. They have Hynix & Elpida RAM (2 Sided) when i look. GPUZ States Elpida.

I need some help with an good Bios Mod to increase the Mh/s to over 29 + and lower the power on the cards a bit or what ever is recommend.

Then i have some Asus RX560 4GB Strix Cards Micron looking this as well to get something over 14.x or even over 15 if possible.

Also i am using SMOS so need to know what is should use for the settings there well.

Thanks In Advanced Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: