Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:13:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: lolMiner 1.64: Fastest Kaspa miner in market  (Read 155016 times)
Lolliedieb (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 02:54:09 PM

Hi all, just want you to know about current status:

I am right now bringing back the other algorithms to lolMiner 0.7 so we can have a real full release soon with all algorithms on board.
Status here is that I ported already the stratum for 144/5, 192/7 and 96/5 to the new code base and got the 144/5 as well as 96/5 kernels running. Aion and Excc will be some extra work, but will also be done soon.
This will then complete 0.7 somehow, making room for further development and making a proper anniversary version (lolMiner turned one year old two days ago Cheesy)

What is currently on my sheet for next work are one or two more Beam kernel (re) works to optimize it here and there as well as up to 2 or 3 new algorithms the miner not supports yet. I bet till its all done will take 2-3 month but well.

One more thing I want to update is the configuration module. Stratum got a big rework in 0.5 and a small ones in 0.6 & 0.7, mining core in 0.7 and stats in 0.6 - now next turn is configuration. Once this is done I plan one special thing for you: Once lolMiner wents "final" I plan to do a release with slightly older kernel code but everything else up to date as open source, to give the community something back Smiley

But for instance, will take care of your questions.
Stay tuned!

-------------

I know, but this works if you want to use all AMD or NVIDIA devices, but not specific ones.

I will explain an exact use case:
I develop Forager (in my signature) and I allow creating DeviceGroups based on card types.
Different cards can have different optimal miner/algo
So if a rig has for example 2 different AMD cards and some NVIDIA (or the other way around), I don't have a way to predict which card gets which device index in lolMiner.

With most miners (almost all actually) I can either set platform (opencl platform id, example - sgminer) + device list or set nvidia/amd flag (example Claymore/Ethminer/BMiner) + devicelist

Hmm, a GPU zoo is a very special case. Why not run the miner once with an unrealistic high device id --devices 20 and then look up the id of the cards to use. The way its done now from 0.7 alpha 3 and newer it is guarantied that the cards always get the same id every run (because they are ordered by pcie-id) , so this is a one time setup.

-------------

I would like to mine Beam with this miner. May I know what are the overclock settings should I do for my RX580 8GB cards to get the most sols? Like how much core, memory, voltage and etc? Would like to know the efficient way to mine for this card for BEAM. THanks

I run my 580 at 1200 core, 875 mV core voltage and 1850 memory. I found it not worth increasing core or memory, because gain in sol/s were low. Best thing here is the undervolt, because that has almost no effect on speed but reduces the heat and consumption a lot.

-------------

I put the vega 64 back to factory mem/speed settings. Sol rate dropped by quite a bit.  It would seem the rate gets better the slower and less voltage is applied.  No advantage that I can see for a 64 at this point.

No matter what settings I try in Overdrive I can not get the Vega 64's to perform (on average) higher than what my Vega 56's are doing.  I seem to get a consistent 18-20 SOLs.   I'm on Win 10, driver 19.1.1.  Pagefile is set to 120GB to use across 9 cards.

Does this have something to do with LoLminer?

For an upcoming release, would it be possible to add stats like fan speed, temp, and watts?  

Yes, when you keep stock settings its likely the card starts thermal throttling some time. Thats why undervolt even can increase speed.  Regarding speed: I saw that not the actual memory speed is the key, but memory timings seem to be. At least there was someone who claims that with optimized bios one may gain some speed. Did not do tests myself, but will next days to figure out details.

-------------

I have 16GB of RAM and a pagefilesize of 128GB.

Ok, then I got no clue ... Have you tried running 2x 3 miners per instance? So start with --devices 0,1,2 on the first run, wait a bit and then start a second with the other cards?

-------------

I created an updated video guide on mining beam

In the updated guide I walkthrough mining beam with AMD GPUs -- I am using the latest lolminer build and include my config for leafpool -- you can simply download it and swap my beam address with yours so you are mining to your own wallet in seconds. Hope it helps Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPEd_3tCDU

Awesome! But you mention that one can mine grin with this ... I would say: not yet Wink

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeef

Activity: 296
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 08:05:25 PM

Hi,

nice miner Smiley

Just started mining in my rx 580 rig and vega 64 rig, Cool

I have some doubts:

In rx 580 rig i have 4gb and 8gb cards but the hash is similar between average 11.5 (4gb cards) and 12.5 sol/s (8gb cards). Is this the expectable ? Should be any major diff in the 8gb cards or is normal?

In vega 64 i got in average 19-20 sol per card.

In manual i read i could change worksize but i dont change anything. Is auto ok? The miner use all available gpu memory in this mode?
Im seing is using this kernel for the 8gb card:  https://ibb.co/58WZk6D   , that appears the same as the 4 gb card Smiley

Im from cryptnight algos and notice this consume a little more power too.  Cool

Thanks
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 08:04:23 AM

Hi,

nice miner Smiley

I have some doubts:

In rx 580 rig i have 4gb and 8gb cards but the hash is similar between average 11.5 (4gb cards) and 12.5 sol/s (8gb cards). Is this the expectable ? Should be any major diff in the 8gb cards or is normal?

In manual i read i could change worksize but i dont change anything. Is auto ok? The miner use all available gpu memory in this mode?
Im seing is using this kernel for the 8gb card:  https://ibb.co/58WZk6D   , that appears the same as the 4 gb card Smiley

Thanks

The 8G vs. 4G should not make a difference here, because the algorithm running on both is the same (currently). The only difference could be in memory timings, because many 8G are per default a bit higher clocked in memory and the bios is tuned for slightly tighter memory timings (in nanoseconds) - that can make a difference, but at same timings & clocks there should not be a difference.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
zeef

Activity: 296

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:24:41 PM

Hi,

nice miner Smiley

I have some doubts:

Thanks

The 8G vs. 4G should not make a difference here, because the algorithm running on both is the same (currently). The only difference could be in memory timings, because many 8G are per default a bit higher clocked in memory and the bios is tuned for slightly tighter memory timings (in nanoseconds) - that can make a difference, but at same timings & clocks there should not be a difference.

Thanks for help and anwser Smiley

Okapa, i have doned 1 year ago biosmod , just an curious ask Smiley

And the vega is in the expectable hash too? ;

Thanks
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 03:50:42 PM

Hi all, just want you to know about current status:

I am right now bringing back the other algorithms to lolMiner 0.7 so we can have a real full release soon with all algorithms on board.
Status here is that I ported already the stratum for 144/5, 192/7 and 96/5 to the new code base and got the 144/5 as well as 96/5 kernels running. Aion and Excc will be some extra work, but will also be done soon.
This will then complete 0.7 somehow, making room for further development and making a proper anniversary version (lolMiner turned one year old two days ago Cheesy)

What is currently on my sheet for next work are one or two more Beam kernel (re) works to optimize it here and there as well as up to 2 or 3 new algorithms the miner not supports yet. I bet till its all done will take 2-3 month but well.

One more thing I want to update is the configuration module. Stratum got a big rework in 0.5 and a small ones in 0.6 & 0.7, mining core in 0.7 and stats in 0.6 - now next turn is configuration. Once this is done I plan one special thing for you: Once lolMiner wents "final" I plan to do a release with slightly older kernel code but everything else up to date as open source, to give the community something back Smiley

But for instance, will take care of your questions.
Stay tuned!

-------------

I know, but this works if you want to use all AMD or NVIDIA devices, but not specific ones.

I will explain an exact use case:
I develop Forager (in my signature) and I allow creating DeviceGroups based on card types.
Different cards can have different optimal miner/algo
So if a rig has for example 2 different AMD cards and some NVIDIA (or the other way around), I don't have a way to predict which card gets which device index in lolMiner.

With most miners (almost all actually) I can either set platform (opencl platform id, example - sgminer) + device list or set nvidia/amd flag (example Claymore/Ethminer/BMiner) + devicelist

Hmm, a GPU zoo is a very special case. Why not run the miner once with an unrealistic high device id --devices 20 and then look up the id of the cards to use. The way its done now from 0.7 alpha 3 and newer it is guarantied that the cards always get the same id every run (because they are ordered by pcie-id) , so this is a one time setup.

-------------

I would like to mine Beam with this miner. May I know what are the overclock settings should I do for my RX580 8GB cards to get the most sols? Like how much core, memory, voltage and etc? Would like to know the efficient way to mine for this card for BEAM. THanks

I run my 580 at 1200 core, 875 mV core voltage and 1850 memory. I found it not worth increasing core or memory, because gain in sol/s were low. Best thing here is the undervolt, because that has almost no effect on speed but reduces the heat and consumption a lot.

-------------

I put the vega 64 back to factory mem/speed settings. Sol rate dropped by quite a bit.  It would seem the rate gets better the slower and less voltage is applied.  No advantage that I can see for a 64 at this point.

No matter what settings I try in Overdrive I can not get the Vega 64's to perform (on average) higher than what my Vega 56's are doing.  I seem to get a consistent 18-20 SOLs.   I'm on Win 10, driver 19.1.1.  Pagefile is set to 120GB to use across 9 cards.

Does this have something to do with LoLminer?

For an upcoming release, would it be possible to add stats like fan speed, temp, and watts?  

Yes, when you keep stock settings its likely the card starts thermal throttling some time. Thats why undervolt even can increase speed.  Regarding speed: I saw that not the actual memory speed is the key, but memory timings seem to be. At least there was someone who claims that with optimized bios one may gain some speed. Did not do tests myself, but will next days to figure out details.

-------------

I have 16GB of RAM and a pagefilesize of 128GB.

Ok, then I got no clue ... Have you tried running 2x 3 miners per instance? So start with --devices 0,1,2 on the first run, wait a bit and then start a second with the other cards?

-------------

In the updated guide I walkthrough mining beam with AMD GPUs -- I am using the latest lolminer build and include my config for leafpool -- you can simply download it and swap my beam address with yours so you are mining to your own wallet in seconds. Hope it helps Cheesy

Awesome! But you mention that one can mine grin with this ... I would say: not yet Wink
when :O

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
GalloNegro

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:20:44 AM

Sup Miners?  I hope all is good.  Nevertheless, I am having problems with 3 of 6 AMD cards.   The 3 of which I am talking about reads as follows:

Active:  false (OpenCL init failure: Memory object allocation failure)

joeykolb

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:47:35 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2019, 06:18:56 PM by joeykolb

@lollie, how u set up ,the gpu mhz in polarisbioseditor.1.4 , i have now 1306. i want to set 1200, and 875mv, that i dont know how to set timings at "gpu">>polarisbioseditor. to stay at 1200 (i have sapphire rx 480 8gb) or if u have some mode for this.

u bring back the mnx coin? to v007, or it is dead?or its gonna be
NCarter84

Activity: 195
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:58:23 PM

Does your hashrate change based upon whatever the pool POW sends? Or, do all coins, say on 144_5, hash at the same speed?
SafeCoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 08:47:04 PM

As a result of our community voting by overwhelming majority, SafeCoin will be switching to Equihash 192_7 with the same personalization string ("Safecoin").    Our move to Equihash 192_7 gives us far greater resistance to FPGAs, which allows for a smoother hashrate and more consistent rewards for GPU miners.   At this time, it also resists Nicehash, which is a goal we always strive for.     We will always listen to our community, and this change reflects that philosophy.  We hope Equihash 192_7 serves us well, and you can look at our support, our FAQ, or speak to our team, about ways you can mine Safecoin on it with AMD or NVidia, including 3GB GPUs and up as well as supported pools during the transition.
Thank you kindly for your support, and once again, as a reminder please move out of any Z-addresses prior to our Z-address burn on March 1st! 

Algo change to Equihash 192_7:   Block 523230                 *Approximately:   02/18/2019 @ 2:58am (UTC)
                                                                                                             *An overlap grace period will begin 30 minutes earlier, either algo is accepted during this time

https://github.com/Lolliedieb/lolMiner-releases/releases/tag/0.6
                                        lolMiner.exe --coin AUTO192_7  --overwritePersonal Safecoin --pool YOUR_FAVORITE_POOL  --port POOL_PORT --user YOUR_SAFECOIN_WALLET.lolRig --pass x
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 12:11:24 AM

20% Dev Taxed project? Beam = ZCash . Seems like a sponsored video?

mk111

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 06:30:23 AM

Waiting patiently for a new version of lolMiner with greatly improved AMD performance on Beam  Grin Grin Grin
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 03:37:05 PM

Waiting patiently for a new version of lolMiner with greatly improved AMD performance on Beam  Grin Grin Grin

First I will do the update to ordinary 0.7 Wink

That reminds me of posting a status.
All stratum codes from 0.6 are ready ported to 0.7 framework.
Also mining code for 144/5 (+EXCC variant) , 192/7, 210 / 9 and the 96/5 one for AMD are ready. The 96/5 for NV making some problems atm, hope I can sort it out today.

Regarding better speeds: as said, want to bring 0.7 first, but I decided to go back to the old system of versioning so, there will be continuous updates. The version after 0.7 will be 0.71 and not 0.8 alpha 1. This also means all algorithms remain on board this time.

Beside pure naming I dived into GCN ASM the last days. Hope to bring some boost from asm flavored AMD kernels. But can not make big promises yet. Will see how this works out.

mk111

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:21:40 PM

Also mining code for 144/5 (+EXCC variant) , 192/7, 210 / 9 and the 96/5 one for AMD are ready. The 96/5 for NV making some problems atm, hope I can sort it out today.

Regarding better speeds: as said, want to bring 0.7 first, but I decided to go back to the old system of versioning so, there will be continuous updates. The version after 0.7 will be 0.71 and not 0.8 alpha 1. This also means all algorithms remain on board this time.

Beside pure naming I dived into GCN ASM the last days. Hope to bring some boost from asm flavored AMD kernels. But can not make big promises yet. Will see how this works out.

All good thanks for the update Smiley
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 06:41:26 AM

glad to be able to use this technology. strange i didn't post here before. see you later Lollie.  Cool
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:55:15 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 04:38:34 PM by fapar

What driver are you guys using for RX AMD cards?

I've switched from "blockchain" to 18.6.1 version and the fancontrol on my onNTool doen't seem to work anymore (even if set at 70 degrees the fans don't ramp up at that temp).

Mining beam btw.

I use 18.6.1 version of AMD drivers. Cooler turns regulate free third-party program OpenHardwareMonitor. Since the BEAM is not very heavy algo for graphics card; for RX480 enough to set the value of the rpm of the cooler at 55-60%.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:34:39 AM

i Cant make it work mining beam with lolminer on awesome.. is there any command for it?
ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:53:50 AM

Waiting patiently for a new version of lolMiner with greatly improved AMD performance on Beam  Grin Grin Grin

i Cant make it work mining beam with lolminer on awesome.. is there any command for it?
Finally work after added command --coin BEAM --TLS 0

Thanks
justoiurii

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 12:47:33 PM

Thanks for new ver) Can I start miner with like:
lolMiner.exe --algo 192_7 --pers auto --pool equihash192.mine.zergpool.com --port 2144 --user wallet --pass c=LTC

Thanks in advance)
DevMan77

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 12:48:33 PM

Hello Lolliedieb,

I'm trying to mine @ equihash192.mine.zergpool.com:2144 with AUTO192_7:

1) lolMiner 0.6 starts OK and mining OK until the pool decides to switch to other coin - from that moment it didn't accept any shares - it reports "Pool not reacting to submitted shares for too long. Reconnecting." and the hash drops to 0.0 sol/s  !?!

2) with the same config lolMiner 0.7 cann't even start - it reports:
"Error: No coin profile find for coin AUTO192_7"

I hope that you'll be able to fix that in the next release...

Thanks for your hard work!
justoiurii

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 12:53:31 PM

Hello Lolliedieb,

I'm trying to mine @ equihash192.mine.zergpool.com:2144 with AUTO192_7:

1) lolMiner 0.6 starts OK and mining OK until the pool decides to switch to other coin - from that moment it didn't accept any shares - it reports "Pool not reacting to submitted shares for too long. Reconnecting." and the hash drops to 0.0 sol/s  !?!

2) with the same config lolMiner 0.7 cann't even start - it reports:
"Error: No coin profile find for coin AUTO192_7"

I hope that you'll be able to fix that in the next release...

Thanks for your hard work!

Could you share your .bat?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: