Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Gillette

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:16:56 PM

If he had proof, we would already post it here  Grin 

Of course he`s lying and purchased 0 coins  Grin
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:27:13 PM

If he had proof, we would already post it here  Grin 

Of course he`s lying and purchased 0 coins  Grin

His buys were actually visible on bitcoinwisdom, so I am quite sure he has bought.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
medusa13

Activity: 453

hello world

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

TC buys 8k coins and no one belives it?  Grin
you padawans will make big eyes once this rocket gets off the ground  Cheesy

XMR Monero
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:53:47 PM

I wrote about this.

For higher XMR price, we need higher adaptation. To do that, the XMR-adaptation has to be made easy. So, a XMR-payment plug-in or any such thing for webshops is needed.

The plug in has to be so easy to install, that an ordinary dude can do it almost or completely by himself. Using XMR as a payment has to be easy also for a customer. When the customer wants to make the order and the payment, the plug in has to do fiat-XMR or BTC-XMR conversion of the price, and also to give the payment address and the payment id for the customer. Great plus would be, if the plug-in also showed XMR-price of each item at the front page.

XMR adaptation has to be so easy, that there is no need for Bitpay-kind of services. Then XMR will start take over BTC.

What about here.
https://getmonero.org/design-goals/
Is there any such projects going on at the moment?

Is the point of the message so irrelevant, that no one is willing to even comment about it? Easy-to-install XMR-payment-plug-in?

Anyway, someone wrote, that it would be great if privacy-oriented businesses started accepting XMR. I think that is a great idea. We must exploit XMRs the most significant feature, the untraceable transfers. First in my mind becomes anonymous internet, domain and hosting services. Adult entertainment. Internet gambling. Online dating like Ashley Madison.

I guess the anonymous internet services are the best place to start promoting XMR, since there the customers understand some technology in addition of privacy.

Anyone interested?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:00:13 PM

83k XMR invested in MoneroDice already, the day after launch. I expect a lot more to be invested in the coming weeks. This is very good news for the monero economy. That's all XMR taken off the market and limiting the supply. Not to mention the added use for XMR. Since dooglus launched just-dice v2 with CLAM the CLAM price is up more than 10x. Although it can't exactly compare, my guess is we'll see a rally taking the price out of the 0.002s at least as people are buying monero to invest.

I used to be an investor at just-dice back in the day, but now I am going to gather funds and invest in MoneroDice.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 07:10:59 PM

I wrote about this.

For higher XMR price, we need higher adaptation. To do that, the XMR-adaptation has to be made easy. So, a XMR-payment plug-in or any such thing for webshops is needed.

The plug in has to be so easy to install, that an ordinary dude can do it almost or completely by himself. Using XMR as a payment has to be easy also for a customer. When the customer wants to make the order and the payment, the plug in has to do fiat-XMR or BTC-XMR conversion of the price, and also to give the payment address and the payment id for the customer. Great plus would be, if the plug-in also showed XMR-price of each item at the front page.

XMR adaptation has to be so easy, that there is no need for Bitpay-kind of services. Then XMR will start take over BTC.

What about here.

Is the point of the message so irrelevant, that no one is willing to even comment about it? Easy-to-install XMR-payment-plug-in?

Anyway, someone wrote, that it would be great if privacy-oriented businesses started accepting XMR. I think that is a great idea. We must exploit XMRs the most significant feature, the untraceable transfers. First in my mind becomes anonymous internet, domain and hosting services. Adult entertainment. Internet gambling. Online dating like Ashley Madison.

I guess the anonymous internet services are the best place to start promoting XMR, since there the customers understand some technology in addition of privacy.

Anyone interested?

Yeah, i would love to see one for OScommerce. If there was a xmr payment plug in i would already have an small eshop operational since July. I tried to build something myself but i failed. I will try again in mid October but hopefully something will have come out till then Cheesy Actually the only thing needed is to track the price and refresh every now and then. Conversions to fiat is automatically made by OScommerce.
robricc

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:17:41 PM

I wrote about this.

What about here.

Anyone interested?

Yeah, i would love to see one for OScommerce. If there was a xmr payment plug in i would already have an small eshop operational since July. I tried to build something myself but i failed. I will try again in mid October but hopefully something will have come out till then Cheesy Actually the only thing needed is to track the price and refresh every now and then. Conversions to fiat is automatically made by OScommerce.

This isn't a starting point?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976071.0
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:26:56 PM

83k XMR invested in MoneroDice already, the day after launch. I expect a lot more to be invested in the coming weeks. This is very good news for the monero economy. That's all XMR taken off the market and limiting the supply. Not to mention the added use for XMR. Since dooglus launched just-dice v2 with CLAM the CLAM price is up more than 10x. Although it can't exactly compare, my guess is we'll see a rally taking the price out of the 0.002s at least as people are buying monero to invest.

I used to be an investor at just-dice back in the day, but now I am going to gather funds and invest in MoneroDice.

108k now already! Also, I agree with your assertion :-)

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 07:51:28 PM

I wrote about this.

What about here.

Anyone interested?

This isn't a starting point?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976071.0

its a great starting point, but its impossible to find !!! We really need to work on organizing the available resources. Can someone link to that php thing on getmonero.org or monerobase.com? Both have easy to edit content systems. I keep forgetting.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:55:20 PM

I also invested some k in MoneroDice, only thing we are lacking is a proper USD/XMR exchange now.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:58:05 PM

TheKoziTwo also released some code.

I agree they should be easier to find. Probably some kind of merchant resources page on the web site should list these, but then you still have to find the resources page...
robricc

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:07:42 PM

I agree they should be easier to find. Probably some kind of merchant resources page on the web site should list these, but then you still have to find the resources page...

When I was looking for PHP-Monero (without remembering the project name), I looked for it here first. Maybe there should be a small section at the bottom pointing to non-official projects related to accepting Monero?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:13:21 PM

When I was looking for PHP-Monero (without remembering the project name), I looked for it here first. Maybe there should be a small section at the bottom pointing to non-official projects related to accepting Monero?

Looks like they are listed under Libraries and Helpers here which doesn't seem like the right place to me at all.

https://getmonero.org/getting-started/merchants

In any case, I agree with the idea of a pointer at the bottom of the page you mentioned

Another thing I can't find is the information about how people can contribute directly to updating the web site. (I was going to post that here.)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:33:53 PM

MoneroDice.

I am a bit jealous, CK custodial account balance (104k XMR) was just surpassed by a thing one day old...

Maybe we should also go live, after 205 years of incubation  Cheesy

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:52:27 PM

MoneroDice.

I am a bit jealous, CK custodial account balance (104k XMR) was just surpassed by a thing one day old...

Maybe we should also go live, after 205 years of incubation  Cheesy

The density of a game inversely correlates with its appeal to the masses. Sad but not that surprising Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:53:46 PM

It seems the price is picking up at  the moment! DASH is going down and LTC as well. Maybe XMR can have some benefits from these drops.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:03:29 PM

Looks like they are listed under Libraries and Helpers here which doesn't seem like the right place to me at all.

https://getmonero.org/getting-started/merchants

In any case, I agree with the idea of a pointer at the bottom of the page you mentioned

Another thing I can't find is the information about how people can contribute directly to updating the web site. (I was going to post that here.)

It's github. https://github.com/monero-project/monero-site/

"direct" is not the best term for github for the non-initiated, but, thats what it is.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:04:52 PM

well it is a little bit different since clams was just another shitcoin in the game and monero was and probably still is one of the most interesting altcoins in the game.

nevertheless the structure is the same - dooglus is probably the most trusted person in gambling. fluffy is also well known and has a huge reputation. besides that gambling probably feels good since it is financing development Smiley .

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:12:01 PM

For reference, link to my integration: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg11108919#msg11108919

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 11:55:45 PM

To hell with "finding web pages."  ANGTFT

It should all be in the [ANN] post, or at most a click away.

The [ANN] is overdue for an update, if not a complete overhaul.

It should be spiffed up with all these new bells and whistles!   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: