Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312589 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
liuka

Activity: 842
Merit: 586

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:10:23 AM

come on pumps this coin
need go to the moon

█████████████████████████
████████▀▀████▀▀█▀▀██████
█████▀████▄▄▄▄████████
███▀███▄███████████████
██▀█████████████████████
██▄███████████████▀▀▄▄███
███▄███▀████████▀███▄████
█████▄████▀▀▀▀████▄██████
████████▄▄████▄▄█████████

BitList 
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REAL-TIME DATA TRACKING
CURATED BY THE COMMUNITY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█

List #kycfree Websites   
Report to moderator 
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████▄
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
████████████▀██▀
████▀█████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
░▀▀██▀▀   
✔Instant ✔Non KYC Crypto Swap Exchange
Bitcoin  |  Litecoin  |  Ethereum  |  Monero  |  Dash  |  ERC20 Tokens  |  more soon
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀██▀██▀▀███████
████████████████▀████
████████████▄████████
████████████▀████████
████████████████▀████
█████████████▄███████
█████████████▀███████
████████████████▄████
ANN THREAD
▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀▄▀██████
██████████▀█▄███████
████████▀▌█▄████████
████████▌▄██████████
███████▀▄███▀███████
████▀▄▄███████▀█████
███▀▄█▀▄████████████
███████▀▄█▌▐████▐███
████▌▐██▀▌▐█████▐███
ONION LINK
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 11:28:52 AM

Next to MoneroMooo's new proposal, he also gave an update on the official forum -> https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/334/fund-a-developer-moneromoo-will-work-part-time-on-monero-for-260-hours-over-approx-6-months?page=&noscroll=1#post-4252

@americanpegasus: Yeah they have a pretty awesome UI.

This feature is pretty cool I will have to check out:

one can now set a custom default mixin in simplewallet

There have been many improvements recently. Lets thank our development team for all their hard work!

So except MoneroMoo, who is also actively working on the monero code?

since august 15th it looks like on master:
moneromoo
warptangent
rkorba
shennoether
smooth

and on development:
moneromoo
tewinget
oranjuice

yum github: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:42:55 AM

Next to MoneroMooo's new proposal, he also gave an update on the official forum -> https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/334/fund-a-developer-moneromoo-will-work-part-time-on-monero-for-260-hours-over-approx-6-months?page=&noscroll=1#post-4252

There have been many improvements recently. Lets thank our development team for all their hard work!

Working on the Monero code also includes reviewing, testing, coming up with new ideas, working on the mining infrastructure etc. in my opinion. It's not merely coders that contribute. So next to the list of GingerAle, a lot of other people are working on the code.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 03:09:30 PM

If you look at the commits you can see that moneromoo has been the most active recently. Before that there are a bunch of commits from  warptangent and the megacommit from NoodleDoodle.  On the development branch most of moneromooo's commits are duplicated, and there are also commit from twinget (cleanup and documentation projects), Shen (crypto) and various others  (roman, oranjuice, rostislav).

You can also see all of fluffypony's merge commit, which are mostly automatic, but he reviews them and sometimes there are issues, discussion, and sometime revisions needed before the actual merge.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/development

Those are just the commits on the main project on the main repo. Other work either hasn't been committed to the main repo on the main project yet or is not part of the core applications. For example luigi developed the standalone transaction proof tool but that isn't on the main repo, Shen has done some work on mininero (python implementation of Monero's crypto) that is on his own repo (there is a project on the project repo, but I don't Shen's latest stuff has been merged to it yet), and I think NoodleDoodle is working on a few things too. I did the code changes for the block time change, which aren't committed yet. There are others in progress I'm sure.
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:01:05 PM

Thanks for the update smooth.

Is Tacotime still with us?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:12:32 PM

Thanks for the update smooth.

Is Tacotime still with us?

He's still active in discussions including MRL's crypto stuff (he talked a lot with Shen about ringct right before the paper draft was released) but hasn't done much with the code recently. He's apparently quite busy with his other activities I gather.
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:54:36 PM

This is bitcoin related but will still interest some of you (rpietila what do you think?).  Famous value investor sees value in bitcoin despite very likely failure (according to his estimates):

"That leaves us with a 97.25% probability that Bitcoin is a failure and worth nothing. However, using the aforementioned assumptions, the probability-weighted value of the cryptocurrency would be $1,210 today, or an intrinsic value over 5x greater than where it currently trades."

https://twitter.com/wences/status/661177240466554881

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:02:01 PM

This is bitcoin related but will still interest some of you (rpietila what do you think?).  Famous value investor sees value in bitcoin despite very likely failure (according to his estimates):

"That leaves us with a 97.25% probability that Bitcoin is a failure and worth nothing. However, using the aforementioned assumptions, the probability-weighted value of the cryptocurrency would be $1,210 today, or an intrinsic value over 5x greater than where it currently trades."

He just pulls that 97.26% figure out of air. No reason for it. Just a guess based on nothing.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:15:53 PM

He just pulls that 97.26% figure out of air. No reason for it. Just a guess based on nothing.

I think his point is to make it so bearish that it seems conservative. But you're right. You can't measure the "objective" value of bitcoin or calculate its chance of failure.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

big wall on the bids, but i doubt it is real and will start moving once price comes too close (like it did from 130 to 120)
50% of the bids is from one single entity and you can bet the asks too, this is not positive and also some form of concentration rpitelia spoke about. (maybe its his wall and thats why he complained)

hard to say where we bottom, but i feel the big battle did not take place yet. bears offer a lot of opportunities to figh but bulls stay hidden and fear confrontation, just let it slip..
but i have understanding, big miners or whoever keep dumping us down until we are so fed up, bulls completely numb with no proud left, who wants to risk a fight with them when they just dump 40k because yolo.

lets see

XMR Monero
jehst

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:37:17 PM

As I always say, you have to speculate on BTC at the same time as you speculate on XMR. If BTC goes way up, people dump XMR. The true crypto gambler-investor thinks "Why be in XMR when I can be 10x long on BTC doubling my money?"

But I think altcoins are quite cheap at the moment and I've started moving heavier into alts a week ago.  So far I've gone into LTC, PPC, and NMC and my timing was OK on that so far.

I think XMR is not in a good position to take advantage of a big Chinese-led crypto-wide boom. We don't have the Chinese audience or the necessary presence on the Chinese exchanges. I think XMR will be among the last coins that will pop. But it's just a matter of time before XMR catches up with the rest. The wider cryptoboom will lift ALL coins in the end.

Year 2021
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:14:02 PM

Not to be blunt but when will Monero have an official GUI wallet ?

Official, because the other wallets I dont trust that much. Can anybody tell this? Or atleast a time range 1-2 months?

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:21:06 PM

I think XMR is not in a good position to take advantage of a big Chinese-led crypto-wide boom. We don't have the Chinese audience or the necessary presence on the Chinese exchanges. I think XMR will be among the last coins that will pop. But it's just a matter of time before XMR catches up with the rest. The wider cryptoboom will lift ALL coins in the end.

If anyone should be interested in the privacy that Monero offers (even if the price didn't increase one cent above its current levels) it's the Chinese.  I mean, this is a nation that routinely jails and executes its financial officials for making profitable moves that don't suit the needs of the state.  

So I think one big priority (and perhaps we can crowd fund this) would be to get a Chinese translation/marketing team to start drumming up awareness of Monero and Cryptonote to the Chinese.  

Yes, with increased adoption comes all the other benefits: lots of Chinese miners, possible programming talent, stability, increased usages, (and yes - price.... possibly).  But more than that, we want Monero to be the private ledger of the world... not just the English speaking parts of the world.  So I think that we need some efforts to translate and promote to China (and honestly Russian parts of the world too).  

With Bitcoin being illegal in Russia (and getting more illegal) any who use it and have their addresses sniffed out by the gov could see a world of hurt.  Monero would make the ideal way for them to privately take some of their value to a standard global ledger (and not be forced to sink along with the ruble).  

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
jehst

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:27:41 PM

I think we have a guy doing China translation and promotion. He was talking a lot about 8/8/2015. Dunno if anything came of it.

Year 2021
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:27:57 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/places/45613505/russia/  Shocked
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:32:03 PM

The charts here are more interesting: http://coin.dance/charts

Russia, yes, but also USA and some others.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:23:13 PM

XMR Spec now almost 100k views higher than the next closest thread. How long till we hit 1 million views?
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:00:34 PM

If anyone should be interested in the privacy that Monero offers (even if the price didn't increase one cent above its current levels) it's the Chinese.  I mean, this is a nation that routinely jails and executes its financial officials for making profitable moves that don't suit the needs of the state.  

So I think one big priority (and perhaps we can crowd fund this) would be to get a Chinese translation/marketing team to start drumming up awareness of Monero and Cryptonote to the Chinese.  

Yes, with increased adoption comes all the other benefits: lots of Chinese miners, possible programming talent, stability, increased usages, (and yes - price.... possibly).  But more than that, we want Monero to be the private ledger of the world... not just the English speaking parts of the world.  So I think that we need some efforts to translate and promote to China (and honestly Russian parts of the world too).  

With Bitcoin being illegal in Russia (and getting more illegal) any who use it and have their addresses sniffed out by the gov could see a world of hurt.  Monero would make the ideal way for them to privately take some of their value to a standard global ledger (and not be forced to sink along with the ruble).  

I've got a couple friends I know that could possibly translate.  Both of them are international business majors, which one of them speaks Mandarin and the other speaks just generic Japanese... I was already thinking about getting them on board with such things, but never knew a way to entice them to join up or just to use monero in general. 
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:06:27 PM

I've got a couple friends I know that could possibly translate.  Both of them are international business majors, which one of them speaks Mandarin and the other speaks just generic Japanese... I was already thinking about getting them on board with such things, but never knew a way to entice them to join up or just to use monero in general. 

Most of the website is already translated into Chinese. However, if I recall correctly fluffypony is waiting for a jekyll update to integrate it. Also, it might be a good idea to let your friends translate some articles.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:18:16 PM

Most of the website is already translated into Chinese. However, if I recall correctly fluffypony is waiting for a jekyll update to integrate it. Also, it might be a good idea to let your friends translate some articles.

Yeah I was thinking of possibly trying to get them interested with monero in general at first, but I'm still stuck trying to figure out a way to bring it up to them without seeming as if I'm trying to sell them something... They are both in China and Japan as of right now working, so it's not like I can just happen to bring it up to them while having a couple of beers or something.  But I might have to just go ahead and message them if the demand for it here is greate enough, because it would be too long to wait for christmas when they get back in town.

But I was thinking maybe to get them to translate fluffy's speech that he posted on youtube at first, since that seems to describe everything someone would need to know before investing..
Pages: « 1 ... 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 [535] 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: