Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:44:07 PM

who cares, dont use the stupid form.
configure it when you get it

I'd like to configure it myself also, but pre-configuring it with KnC would generate some extra coins.
If they burned in a Jupiter for just 24 hours say as an example at 70m difficulty you would be loosing over 3.5BTC and if you had more than 1 you talking some serious income.

plus would be good indication that shipping is not far off.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:29:05 PM

I know we had a quick discussion about the Wallet ID on the KNC account page but I don't think we had a consensus.  Did anyone ask support?  I don't see a need for someone to enter a wallet address unless you are solo mining.  

Above someone got the answer that they will append a _XX on the worker thread for multiple orders.  I just assume that if I entered WorkerName_01, they would either use that exact value or change the _01 to _02 and _03...  if not all hashing power will goto the first worker until I update it manually which is not a big deal.   My assumption is that they won't do a WorkerName_01_01  Smiley   I could just enter WorkerName_ on the KNC side but I can't have a worker with that name so if they were to use my value as is, it would fail...

I think they rushed that piece and it could be a bit confusing.  You can always change it if they get it wrong but assigning custom config per miner is additional work for them.  They should make the data entry side of things very simple and leave nothing up for interpretation.  Having all miners on the same worker is not a big deal.  You can change it once u gain access to the machine but having an invalid worker is no fun.

They said the PW field will be added in the near future which is cool..  no issue there.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:30:53 PM

I'd like to configure it myself also, but pre-configuring it with KnC would generate some extra coins.
If they burned in a Jupiter for just 24 hours say as an example at 70m difficulty you would be loosing over 3.5BTC and if you had more than 1 you talking some serious income.

Their forms for mining info need some work.   Not sure why they ask for a wallet id/address unless you are solo mining or they need it to add you to their pool.

If you are already in another pool, the address is handled by your account so they don't need that.

for multiples, it could be as easy as having all your miners go to one workername in your pool, or more confusing if you want each miner to be a different worker, and even more if you want them on different pools.

I'll probably just set up one extra worker on BTC Guild and have both my jupiters mine to it until they send it to me then I can do whatever

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:32:16 PM

I know we had a quick discussion about the Wallet ID on the KNC account page but I don't think we had a consensus.  Did anyone ask support?  I don't see a need for someone to enter a wallet address unless you are solo mining.  

Some examples: Eligius and HHTT do not require you to register, you use a bitcoin address as the worker name and to send payouts to.

And, obviously, if you select the KNCminer pool, they need to know where to send payouts...
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:32:36 PM

Their forms for mining info need some work.   Not sure why they ask for a wallet id/address unless you are solo mining or they need it to add you to their pool.

If you are already in another pool, the address is handled by your account so they don't need that.

for multiples, it could be as easy as having all your miners go to one workername in your pool, or more confusing if you want each miner to be a different worker, and even more if you want them on different pools.

I'll probably just set up one extra worker on BTC Guild and have both my jupiters mine to it until they send it to me then I can do whatever

btw, i setup a team name "KNCMiner" on BTC Guild.   Figured, why not.
WastedLTC

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:33:21 PM

I know we had a quick discussion about the Wallet ID on the KNC account page but I don't think we had a consensus.  Did anyone ask support?  I don't see a need for someone to enter a wallet address unless you are solo mining. 

One example: Eligius and HHTT both do not require you to register, and use a bitcoin address as the worker name and to send payouts to.

AH.  Didn't know that.  Thanks
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:34:30 PM

I've sent to support@ the same message I wrote here.

spiccioli
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 03:43:25 PM

For what its worth I sent Knc Customer Service the below Email..  I was asking about a pool that is not in their Drop down box and if they could add it so I could use that pool in my Account Settings on their Web page..

Anyway I decided to ask this as its really the way I feel..  I decided last night I WONT upgrade unless we see something MAJOR from them before this Friday..  I really dont understand why this late in the game if everything they are telling us is true, why there would be any reason they could not show us some real Pics and Vidoes and Testing Demos of where they are at..  

Anyway Will post here if I hear back from them..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email to Customer Service:  

(Deleted the part about what Pool I want to use)

I wish soooooooo much that you guys could start posting real current pictures and Videos etc etc...   At this point if you guys are really still on track to start Shipping in Sept, Why not start releasing some Actual Pics of your products?Huh    I am so 50 50 on if I should upgrade or not and if I saw more from you guys, it might help me make up my mind to upgrade..  I know I only have until this Friday But without seeing more proof from you guys its really hard for me to take that gamble.  I am sure you understand..

So maybe you could surprise all of us and put all those tolls on Bitcoin Talk to rest with a BIG announcement in the next few days?Huh  I can only hope..  But I know it would drive your upgrade orders way up if you did..  Hint Hint...

Anyway let me know when this pool is added so I can update my Account..

Thanks!

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:52:45 PM

For what its worth I sent Knc Customer Service the below Email..  I was asking about a pool that is not in their Drop down box and if they could add it so I could use that pool in my Account Settings on their Web page..

Anyway I decided to ask this as its really the way I feel..  I decided last night I WONT upgrade unless we see something MAJOR from them before this Friday..  I really dont understand why this late in the game if everything they are telling us is true, why there would be any reason they could not show us some real Pics and Vidoes and Testing Demos of where they are at..  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish soooooooo much that you guys could start posting real current pictures and Videos etc etc...   At this point if you guys are really still on track to start Shipping in Sept, Why not start releasing some Actual Pics of your products?Huh    I am so 50 50 on if I should upgrade or not and if I saw more from you guys, it might help me make up my mind to upgrade..  I know I only have until this Friday But without seeing more proof from you guys its really hard for me to take that gamble.  I am sure you understand..

So maybe you could surprise all of us and put all those tolls on Bitcoin Talk to rest with a BIG announcement in the next few days?Huh  I can only hope..  But I know it would drive your upgrade orders way up if you did..  Hint Hint...

Thanks!

Damn man, you have to be a troll.

No one can continue posting the same crap about pictures and be that naive, or stupid.

You know they have no chips in hand yet. Videos of what exactly?

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:08:45 PM

I know we had a quick discussion about the Wallet ID on the KNC account page but I don't think we had a consensus.  Did anyone ask support?  I don't see a need for someone to enter a wallet address unless you are solo mining. 

One example: Eligius and HHTT both do not require you to register, and use a bitcoin address as the worker name and to send payouts to.

AH.  Didn't know that.  Thanks

Yep give eligius a try and if you have any quetions find us on irc at #eligius

Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:15:37 PM

Thanks!

No one can continue posting the same crap about pictures and be that naive, or stupid.

Take a Chill Pill Bitch...

And if they dont have chips by now how the Hell will they meet the Sept Deadline..

Damn I normally like you but now I think your a BS Bitch.. Go away

Now I think maybe you do work for them after that Bitch ass reply to me..

WastedLTC

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:20:29 PM

I know there have been so many trolls and but someone on the fence about spending another couple grand has the right to be on the fence. Iif they would like some more info to get over that obstacle..  why not?   KNC might reply with the same thing that they have told everyone else, or they may give him just a tad more to get more business from him.  He didn't have to post that on the forum and he contacted KNC support.  

He is a customer.

It sounded more like he just wanted a bit more info to spend the extra cash and not so much a troll post.

We are in August, spending money via paypal is completely protected this late in the game so that was enough for me to upgrade.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

Ooofa! $100K!! Shocked So this is the real reason KS spends an inordinate amount of time bashing KnC;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270897.msg2917812#msg2917812

What a team player for Bitcoin mining he truly is.

He said '(not me)'

BS he's edited that subsequently...

Err, no, still there.
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:23:23 PM

I know there have been so many trolls and but someone on the fence about spending another couple grand has the right to be on the fence. Iif they would like some more info to get over that obstacle..  why not?   KNC might reply with the same thing that they have told everyone else, or they may give him just a tad more to get more business from him.  He didn't have to post that on the forum and he contacted KNC support.  

He is a customer.

It sounded more like he just wanted a bit more info to spend the extra cash and not so much a troll post.

We are in August, spending money via paypal is completely protected this late in the game so that was enough for me to upgrade.

Thank you..  That is exacly what I meant..  Man this Thread is becomming full of a bunch of uptight bitch ass'es..

Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:24:56 PM

And correct..  I am not going to spend another DAMN dime with Knc unless they release more Proof and Pics..  Sorry..  3rd grade drawings dont do it for me anymore..

Put up or shut up Knc..

ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:26:07 PM

And correct..  I am not going to spend another DAMN dime with Knc unless they release more Proof and Pics..  Sorry..  3rd grade drawings dont do it for me anymore..

Put up or shut up Knc..

i kind of agree with you man. gimmie a mr blurry cam shot of the casing at least. lol
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:29:42 PM

Thanks!

And if they dont have chips by now how the Hell will they meet the Sept Deadline..

No, I am chilled, but how can you possibly not know what you are purchasing?!

You should like me, I took the effort to lay it out for you.

It's massively irresponsible that you've made this purchase and don't already know the answers to your questions, or what you're buying into.

It potentially means you are the type to blame everyone, but yourself for the responsibility of your actions.

Please take more care, sincerely. Wink

That, and the fact I'm getting fed up reading these same questions, especially from someone who should have informed themselves before purchase, then emails the company without reading up yet again. I'm trying to be firm, but fair here. I've just written a massive post on consumer protection which has just been made a sticky. Please do your own research thoroughly.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:30:55 PM

Put up or shut up Knc..

i kind of agree with you man. gimmie a mr blurry cam shot of the casing at least. lol

It probably doesn't make sense to pick out a case until the performance characteristics of the chip are known... do you really want them to end up like BFL will a warehouse full of cases?  Frankly, the case is the least interesting part.  I would like to see a blurry cam shot of the circuit board.
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

Thanks!

No, I am chilled, but how can you possibly not know what you are purchasing?!

You should like me, I took the effort to lay it out for you.

It's massively irresponsible that you've made this purchase and don't already know the answers to your questions, or what you're buying into.

It potentially means you are the type to blame everyone, but yourself for the responsibility of your actions.

Please take more care, sincerely. Wink

That, and the fact I'm getting fed up reading these same questions, especially from someone who should have informed themselves before purchase, then emails the company without reading up yet again. I'm trying to be firm, but fair here. I've just written a massive post on consumer protection which has just been made a sticky. Please do your own research thoroughly.

Whatever dude..  I did do my research  and I know what I have gotten into thank you very much.

So now are you going to go out and try and research who I am and post trash about me?Huh  LOL..

You are a piece of Shit.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

Whatever dude..  I did do my research  and I know what I have gotten into thank you very much.

So now are you going to go out and try and research who I am and post trash about me?Huh  LOL..

You are a piece of Shit.

What the hell are you in about?!

Research what on you? Post what trash about you?

How can you say you know what you've gotten yourself into, when the entire purpose of your query was the whereabouts of video evidence that can't exist, as the entire premise of KnC succeeding is taking receipt of chips delivery and heading straight into production. Which at the very least you should have known about before committing to purchase. You need to be appeared of their plan and what risks exist. That's your responsibility.

Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: