Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:17:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:50:31 AM

are you positive its the miner?

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:52:14 AM

ok, so I can see the ip address on wireshark, dos ipconfig, and in adapter settings... but when plugged into the browser...nada

ill donate my first btc to the genius who fixes it

did you set the SSH SETTING? ie I think you need something like putty to see it remote

(no chance at the BTC i'm clueless just throwing it out there)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:54:13 AM

Hi all,

just a quick quest to every one who already have a miner at hand.

I've noticed quite high system load (see uptime(1) output):

Code:
root@XXXXXXX:~# uptime
 07:35:10 up 16:06,  load average: 1.92, 1.93, 1.94

looking at top(1) output is clear that the load is not due to some
cpu hogs hidden somewhere. the process that use more cpu is cgminer
with rate varying from 4% to 12%

Then I think that the hi-load is due to processes spending time waiting for some kind of
I/O. After a bit of searching I think I found the culprit:

Code:
PID USER       VSZ STAT COMMAND
  58 root         0 DW   [spi1]

this process spent a lot of his time in D/DW states. from ps(1) man pages:

D    uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)
W    paging (not valid since the 2.6.xx kernel)

Does this description apply to your miners too ?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:54:28 AM

someone please find out how many miners do they produce and ship in one day; then, we each wouldn't be so blind as to the future.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:56:08 AM

ok, so I can see the ip address on wireshark, dos ipconfig, and in adapter settings... but when plugged into the browser...nada

also as a side note ..i'd just get a cheap wireless router and do it that way..myself charter has wireless on their cable modem was easier just to get a dlink  wireless router and go that route some...charter was a pain to set the wireless from their cable modem box

again just saying ...told charter to just d/c the wireless option from the cable modem and just used my box much easier with the install cd etc

not sure if it applies but just a thought (they still charge me $10 a month for the wireless by the by ) so be it for 19.95 for a netlink wireless router 915 version I think it was well worth not having the hassle of calling them and doing ip stuff thru them

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:58:36 AM

You have to have your machine on the same IP range as the Jupiter to be able to login to it.

Also make sure your browser doesn't have a setup for a proxy server in settings, otherwise you won't be able to connect to a web server on the inside of your network.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
trepex

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:59:08 AM

This is unrelated to KnC miners, it's just some things you should know about networking.

a) Find out if your local computer (I assume the only people asking questions here are using Windows systems) has configured
  a static IP address or receives the IP address via DHCP.
  Very stupid (but working for LAN, not WiFi) way for anyone who has no idea what I am talking about:
  Note the IP address of your computer by running ipconfig (Windows) or ifconfig (rest).
  You will see at least (!) 2 IP addresses, just ignore the famous 127.0.0.1 on a lo* interface.
  If you see multiple IPs, note down all.
  Remove the ethernet/network cable(s) from your computer.
  Start your computer again. If your computer still has the same IP address(es), you have assigned static IPs in your system.
  Probably someone else did this. If you see now an IP address starting with 169.254 your computer uses DHCP to get an IP
  address. (More info about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-configuration_networking )
  More complicated but more elegant way to find out whether you have static or DHCP:
  Go to the network configuration (I did not use windows for quite some time, don't know how to explain this step by step)
  and check if your IP interface (cable or WiFi) uses a fixed/static entry or there is something activated called DHCP.

If your system has static IPs, there is a good chance that you do not have a DHCP server in your setup.
  That's really a problem for you now. There are solutions, but they need additional hardware or more tricks.
  Please remember: Even a static (default) IP address on the KnC miner will not help you. The KnC miner does not have
  Internet access via that IP address!

b) Some (mainly cable) WiFi routers that also have ethernet ports do not allow access from WiFi to ethernet ports.
  Try to attach your computer via an ethernet cable and repeat the stepts to find the IP address of the KnC box.
  When you have such a setup and also have access to the cable router (which you normally do not have, blame the cable
  operators), you might look for some security settings that deny/disable WiFi to ethernet access.

c) Some DHCP installations only allow a limited (often as low as 3 or 5) number of clients (computers, network devices).
  When you have multiple (wireless connections from phones, iPad etc!) devices already in your setup, try to turn off
  one of them, wait some time (this can be 10 minutes) and start the KnC miner again. Repeat the steps to find the KnC IP.

d) Some routers/switches have a security feature called port privacy. This means, that every device on your LAN can
  only talk to the Internet but not to any other device on your local LAN. It's unlikely that a home network setup has
  this feature enabled, but it can be. This feature can also be enabled on WiFi networks.
  Again: Without access (and not just read only) to the router/switches, you can not get the KnC working without additional
  hardware or lots of tricks.

e) Your local computer might have a network firewall configuration that prevents access to the KnC. It's pretty unlikely that someone
  configured such a firewall rule, but it is possible.

If you are still reading my post: Congratulations!

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:02:10 AM

Larger heatsink: I notice that some have high temperatures on their units. Can we work on trying to get the lowest temperatures possible? Someone on kncminer forum suggested reapplying thermal paste so that it is not too thick and not too thin. What about a larger heatsink, can we get one that goes over the whole chip? What are the dimensions of the chip? and what is the best thermal paste for this chip?

The point is that with lower temperatures, you get a much higher hashrate and less errors, i think. I think the temperature thing is the main thing that affects the hashrate.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:08:22 AM

This is unrelated to KnC miners, it's just some things you should know about networking.

(a very  vell done network mini howto for newbie)

I think you did an excellent service to the community with this tutorial Tongue
kudos

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:10:56 AM

Larger heatsink: I notice that some have high temperatures on their units. Can we work on trying to get the lowest temperatures possible? Someone on kncminer forum suggested reapplying thermal paste so that it is not too thick and not too thin. What about a larger heatsink, can we get one that goes over the whole chip? What are the dimensions of the chip? and what is the best thermal paste for this chip?

The point is that with lower temperatures, you get a much higher hashrate and less errors, i think. I think the temperature thing is the main thing that affects the hashrate.

sure lowering working temperature will be beneficial, but it seems to me that there's room for improvement also in the SW department.
see this post from more info:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3311665#msg3311665

trepex

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:13:07 AM

(a very  vell done network mini howto for newbie)

I think you did an excellent service to the community with this tutorial Tongue
kudos

Thanks!
Maybe I should offer remote support for network problems.  Wink
Earn some BTC by working instead of mining.

Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:14:54 AM

I'd love if O'rama could inform us about KnC's position regarding ckolivas working on cgminer implementation, and about ETA for source code release.

sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:15:48 AM

I'd love if O'rama could inform us about KnC's position regarding ckolivas working on cgminer implementation, and about ETA for source code release.

+1

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:24:02 AM

is there a more extreme heat sink arrangement to improve your miner chip heat or is the arctic one that knc has is best in class?

thinking with the temp check in .94 that maybe if you saw one of the chips was really hot you could swap it out with something more
extreme then the arctic i30 heatsink provided

but alas I know nothing about this not even if it makes sense with these devices

Searing

trepex

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:27:45 AM

also as a side note ..i'd just get a cheap wireless router and do it that way..myself charter has wireless on their cable modem was easier just to get a dlink  wireless router and go that route some...charter was a pain to set the wireless from their cable modem box

again just saying ...told charter to just d/c the wireless option from the cable modem and just used my box much easier with the install cd etc

not sure if it applies but just a thought (they still charge me $10 a month for the wireless by the by ) so be it for 19.95 for a netlink wireless router 915 version I think it was well worth not having the hassle of calling them and doing ip stuff thru them

Searing

Be careful with such an advice. You need to know a little bit about networking etc. or you might fail.
Just be sure to know:

What installation do you have now?
Specially with (TV) cable Internet access you might be in trouble:

Do you really have a cable MODEM or do you have a cable ROUTER?
You need access informations (like username/password) and many cable providers do not hand out these.
Even when you just have a cable MODEM, you must buy a WiFi router that works with this modem.
Same is true for *DSL.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:32:36 AM

Searing

Be careful with such an advice. You need to know a little bit about networking etc. or you might fail.
Just be sure to know:

What installation do you have now?
Specially with (TV) cable Internet access you might be in trouble:

Do you really have a cable MODEM or do you have a cable ROUTER?
You need access informations (like username/password) and many cable providers do not hand out these.
Even when you just have a cable MODEM, you must buy a WiFi router that works with this modem.

have a static ip but also did this when I had dyn ip

Same is true for *DSL.

have a cablevision box modem  has a 3 way splitter before going to the modem box ..one to tv as well ...

anyway the modem had built in wireless from charter wireless...just d/c the wireless from charter and simply put my own wireless router up think it is a 915 version etc

works fine...the wireless modem version I had provided with charter they as you say would not tell me anything

so screw it just put my own wireless router up and as fire as wired connections also goes thru that as well

works fine password protected all that

and don't really use the static ip address just the default...unsure why I have such prob cause it is like only $15 bucks more should put up a www page etc again

anywhoo.....just saying got tired of calling charter when they had issues and such

been that way for about 9 months now ..mostly I do stuff with computers using the hard wired on my home network also

searing

realtime

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:35:17 AM

Hi all,

Code:

Then I think that the hi-load is due to processes spending time waiting for some kind of

Code:

Checked my 3 Jupiters PID 58 (spi1) sits pretty constant at 1%, cgminer sits solid on 15%
sickpig
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:36:56 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 08:49:12 AM by sickpig

Hi all,

Code:

Code:

Checked my 3 Jupiters PID 58 (spi1) sits pretty constant at 1%, cgminer sits solid on 15%

uptime ?
ps | grep  spi ?

edit: I'm asking for the above output command because having a such high system load (~1.9) on a box with only one cpu means that your system is overloaded almost by a factor of 2.
        uptime show sys avg load  average for the past 1, 5, and 15 minute in regard to both the CPU and IO.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:50:05 AM

what diff to put at jupiter worker 512 or 625???
trepex

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:50:51 AM

uptime ?
ps | grep  spi ?

Saturn @ 0.93

root@Saturn-C78:~# uptime
 08:47:04 up 2 days, 20:58,  load average: 1.87, 1.89, 1.92
root@Saturn-C78:~# ps | grep spi | grep -v grep
   61 root         0 SW   [spi2]
root@Saturn-C78:~# top -n 1

Mem: 32484K used, 478088K free, 0K shrd, 152K buff, 21580K cached
CPU:   9% usr   9% sys   0% nic  81% idle   0% io   0% irq   0% sirq
Load average: 1.99 1.94 1.95 1/67 18226
  PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %VSZ %CPU COMMAND
17824 17822 root     S    89648  18%  18% /usr/bin/cgminer --default-config /config/cgminer.conf
  381     1 root     S     3272   1%   0% /usr/bin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntp.pid -g
  396     1 root     S     2980   1%   0% /usr/sbin/lighttpd -f /etc/lighttpd.conf
17952   378 root     S     2732   1%   0% /usr/sbin/dropbear -r /config/dropbear_rsa_host_key -p 22
  389     1 avahi    S     2728   1%   0% avahi-daemon: running [Saturn-C78.local]
  390   389 avahi    S     2728   1%   0% avahi-daemon: chroot helper
17822     1 root     S     2616   1%   0% {screen} SCREEN -S cgminer -t cgminer -m -d /usr/bin/cgmine
17953 17952 root     S     2328   0%   0% -sh
  378     1 root     S     2272   0%   0% /usr/sbin/dropbear -r /config/dropbear_rsa_host_key -p 22
 1749     1 root     S     2148   0%   0% {monitordcdc} /bin/sh /sbin/monitordcdc
  359     1 root     S     2148   0%   0% udhcpc -b -x hostname Saturn-C78 eth0
18226 17953 root     R     2148   0%   0% top -n 1
18223  1749 root     S     2016   0%   0% sleep 60
 1747     1 root     S     1908   0%   0% /sbin/getty 115200 ttyO0
 1748     1 root     S     1908   0%   0% /sbin/getty 38400 tty1
    1     0 root     S     1652   0%   0% init [5]
 1734     1 root     S     1496   0%   0% /usr/bin/monitor-pwbtn /usr/bin/factory_config_reset.sh
   58     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [spi1]
   15     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [kworker/0:1]
   10     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [rcu_sched]
   36     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [irq/87-4802a000]
   11     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [watchdog/0]
    3     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [ksoftirqd/0]
   41     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [khungtaskd]
   21     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [kworker/u:1]
   16     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [bdi-default]
    2     0 root     SW       0   0%   0% [kthreadd]
    4     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [kworker/0:0]
    5     2 root     SW<      0   0%   0% [kworker/0:0H]
    7     2 root     SW<      0   0%   0% [kworker/u:0H]
    8     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [migration/0]
    9     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [rcu_bh]
   12     2 root     SW<      0   0%   0% [khelper]
   13     2 root     SW       0   0%   0% [kdevtmpfs]
root@Saturn-C78:~#

Pages: « 1 ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: