Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:40:58 PM

Yes!
The idea was if we get the big ass cooling tower, bar, and blanket out of the way, we may be able to cool those VRM's a bit better.... what ya think?

I agree.. Since they sheered the aluminum the blankets are going to vary based on the unit, some will work much better than others.. I would like to try replacing the current setup with the same type of bracket on the old Neptunes, possibly some small VRM heatsinks (with 48A the heat dissipation is pretty insane) and a higher CFM fan.. I suspect that will be the easiest option that provides plenty of heat dissipation..

I'm most interested in swapping out the VRMs for the 50A version, I suspect they can really be pushed if that jump is taken... While on the Nov we can drive the VRMs much higher they still don't hit the 48A hard shutdown, in the Neptune the stock config is within a few percent of 48A..
Ah yes.  The old Jupiter bar would be great, but that would also mean losing the box totally because the holes are on the wrong sides (in previous posts). No problem there really.
The ericcsons they are using in Neptune are auto-shutting down at 48a?... and pushed within a couple amps?. Damn.
Theres gotta be a cheaper way than buying 8 new vrms for every pcb....
Hmm...  well...  we will soon see exactly what those limits are if Tolip has anything to say about it...hehe

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:57:28 PM

Yes!
The idea was if we get the big ass cooling tower, bar, and blanket out of the way, we may be able to cool those VRM's a bit better.... what ya think?

I agree.. Since they sheered the aluminum the blankets are going to vary based on the unit, some will work much better than others.. I would like to try replacing the current setup with the same type of bracket on the old Neptunes, possibly some small VRM heatsinks (with 48A the heat dissipation is pretty insane) and a higher CFM fan.. I suspect that will be the easiest option that provides plenty of heat dissipation..

I'm most interested in swapping out the VRMs for the 50A version, I suspect they can really be pushed if that jump is taken... While on the Nov we can drive the VRMs much higher they still don't hit the 48A hard shutdown, in the Neptune the stock config is within a few percent of 48A..
Ah yes.  The old Jupiter bar would be great, but that would also mean losing the box totally because the holes are on the wrong sides (in previous posts). No problem there really.
The ericcsons they are using in Neptune are auto-shutting down at 48a?... and pushed within a couple amps?. Damn.
Hmm...  well...  we will soon see exactly what those limits are if Tolip has anything to say about it...hehe

I'm not sure how hard the limit is enforced but per the datasheet for the VRM it cannot be raised past 48A and the VRM is supposed to shutdown at that number..

I hope it's soft enough that they allow maybe 50A before a hard kill but some testing will tell..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:37:51 AM

Yes!

I'm not sure how hard the limit is enforced but per the datasheet for the VRM it cannot be raised past 48A and the VRM is supposed to shutdown at that number..

I hope it's soft enough that they allow maybe 50A before a hard kill but some testing will tell..

check out the thread pictures of your mining rigs...guy put a neppy board in that novac stuff...with volts -0,073 and 500mhz clock vrms were at max 52a-50a and a cool 60c Smiley but he said if he pushed farther it would shut down Sad so idk if much above 500mhz is possible with these vrms...good luck guys

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:53:46 AM

I can see why jelin was so frustrated with the AX1200i. It won't even power one Neptune module plus controller... the Over Current Protection (OCP) kicks in and the PSU shuts down.

As annoying as this is, it is a safety feature as it would normally be unusual to draw that much current through a single PCIe cable. So i blame KnC for not putting two PCIe jacks on each module, rather than Corsair for their smart PSU. Bitmain put two PCIe jacks on each S3 blade, but it turns out only one is needed. That's a forward thinking design (in case the BM1382 28nm chip needed the power) - KnC take note.

Corsair link software lets you increase the OCP limit which fixes the problem... BUT the link cable is designed to plug into a motherboard USB pin header, not into a USB port (which makes sense as the PSU is designed to be inside a PC). Damn, I've only got a laptop.

I've got 2-to-1 PCIe cables ordered from Cablez, hopefully they will spread the Amps between two ports on the PSU and get around the OCP.

I'm also trying to source an EVGA 1300W superNOVA G2, but no luck yet finding one in New Zealand.

So my Neptune has been delivered, visually looks ok, but I can't power it on yet.
Does anyone have another PSU recommendation?  At this stage I can't source EVGA 1300W superNOVA G2 in New Zealand.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:54:32 AM

I can see why jelin was so frustrated with the AX1200i. It won't even power one Neptune module plus controller... the Over Current Protection (OCP) kicks in and the PSU shuts down.

Just FYI,  the AX1200 (no i) works great,  if you have one of those around.  I think other folks have pushed the OCP way up on the iand had luck with that, also.
Thanks - I'll look for that.

crashoveride54902

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:38:51 AM

Not true... Many of us mined around 50 coin per Jupiter... just so you know....

And it cost, what, 60 coins?    
... and Yifu Guo was no angel. There were a lucky few who got Avalons early, but make no mistake,
Avalon is just as guilty(or more) when it comes to orders which were delivered late.

Most of batch-1 that was a big winner. Batch-2 was a toss up. Everything after that was a disaster.

Jupiturds cost around 78!! meaning the ONLY way you could be happy with a 50 coin return is if....they were bought with STOLEN coins/coins bought with STOLEN bank details!!  (or you are retarded...)

Agree about Avalon Batch 1 - gutted i missed that by fear, uncertainty & doubt.

Batch 2 was pretty shit though all things considered - april delivery turned into mid august shipping etc...

I paid with PayPal.... Idiot; at a time I had a single coin I mined with GPU's.
and BTW, worked very hard to be able to get a few Saturns. I sold My fucking bad ass 2004 Subaru Outback, sold my entire comic book collection, and  several hundred orchids along with sacrificing "Good meals" for Top Ramen to be able to mine you Jackass. I endured every hardship there has been to deal with on those machines as well. They were shipped to the wrong place, had the wrong pool and password information programmed in, had bad URL's programmed into it, and had the "Dead Die problem to deal with, practically pioneering the wifi networking situation, discovering heat woke them up... lightning strikes (literally) and got slammed by both GOX and the CTSminer scam, and gave out about 5 grand in total reward money
You know what? I still turned a profit, so suck my chocolate salted balls and get a life.
I'd do it all again. I'm a die-hard tech junky addict that loves to tear things apart and make them better, but you wouldn't know about such things, because you are too busy having your head up your ass.
Besides, June 3rd, 2013, when ordering began, the price was 115 dollars, which makes a Jupiter 60 coin, not 78 again, idiocy
Your antics are futile.

damn phoenix...don't hold back...tell us how you really feel Smiley wow to still claim profit after all that is a very nice...now had you paid in btc, you'd be screw hehe...wish i had the money to pay in usd at the time and i'd be sitting pretty right now too...oh well what can ya do...gratz on the profit

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
ilovethebtc

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:01:15 AM

Good news guys.  I have reduced my VRM temps by 20 degrees C with my new delta fan:

Heres a comparison with the other cubes that still have the stock fans:

Only problem is that it sounds like a Boeing 747 but i would rather be deaf than having burnt VRMs.
crashoveride54902

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:08:29 AM

Good news guys.  I have reduced my VRM temps by 20 degrees C with my new delta fan:

Only problem is that it sounds like a Boeing 747 but i would rather be deaf than having burnt VRMs.

weird...the cooler one is higher amps...that doesn't make sense...usually the cooler the vrm the lower the amps...at least that is what i see on my jup units...oh well good job on lowering the temps Smiley

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:20:53 AM

weird...the cooler one is higher amps...that doesn't make sense...usually the cooler the vrm the lower the amps...at least that is what i see on my jup units...oh well good job on lowering the temps Smiley
weird indeed.(more amps)    Any performance increase from that?
thx crash

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
ilovethebtc

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:29:53 AM

weird indeed.(more amps)    Any performance increase from that?
thx crash

Hard to tell at this point if it hashes faster now since ive only modded one cube.  I have 9 more delta fans, but my 120mm fan grills wont arrive until Saturday.  Once I install these fans on all my other cubes then ill be able to see if im getting any performance increase overall.  Its possible that this cube just consumes more amps than my other ones.  I know that this cube was the hottest one so I picked it as the guinea pig for the new fan.  Unfortunately I didn't pay attention the the amps before I installed the delta.  Guess we will know more in a few days.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:37:38 AM

Not true... Many of us mined around 50 coin per Jupiter... just so you know....

And it cost, what, 60 coins?   
... and Yifu Guo was no angel. There were a lucky few who got Avalons early, but make no mistake,
Avalon is just as guilty(or more) when it comes to orders which were delivered late.

Most of batch-1 that was a big winner. Batch-2 was a toss up. Everything after that was a disaster.

Jupiturds cost around 78!! meaning the ONLY way you could be happy with a 50 coin return is if....they were bought with STOLEN coins/coins bought with STOLEN bank details!!  (or you are retarded...)

Agree about Avalon Batch 1 - gutted i missed that by fear, uncertainty & doubt.

Batch 2 was pretty shit though all things considered - april delivery turned into mid august shipping etc...

I paid with PayPal.... Idiot; at a time I had a single coin I mined with GPU's.
and BTW, worked very hard to be able to get a few Saturns. I sold My fucking bad ass 2004 Subaru Outback, sold my entire comic book collection, and  several hundred orchids along with sacrificing "Good meals" for Top Ramen to be able to mine you Jackass. I endured every hardship there has been to deal with on those machines as well. They were shipped to the wrong place, had the wrong pool and password information programmed in, had bad URL's programmed into it, and had the "Dead Die problem to deal with, practically pioneering the wifi networking situation, discovering heat woke them up... lightning strikes (literally) and got slammed by both GOX and the CTSminer scam, and gave out about 5 grand in total reward money
You know what? I still turned a profit, so suck my chocolate salted balls and get a life.
I'd do it all again. I'm a die-hard tech junky addict that loves to tear things apart and make them better, but you wouldn't know about such things, because you are too busy having your head up your ass.
Besides, June 3rd, 2013, when ordering began, the price was 115 dollars, which makes a Jupiter 60 coin, not 78 again, idiocy
Your antics are futile.

damn phoenix...don't hold back...tell us how you really feel Smiley wow to still claim profit after all that is a very nice...now had you paid in btc, you'd be screw hehe...wish i had the money to pay in usd at the time and i'd be sitting pretty right now too...oh well what can ya do...gratz on the profit

Thieves, liars & scammers will ALWAYS find some obscure garbage to 'prove' themselves 'right' until they cant deny facts anymore, then they 'turn' nasty.

perhaps all that 'top' ramen has rotted your insignificant cranial matter...?

either way you remain a liar & a scammer

keep trying tho, eventually everyone who knows the truth will either die or get bored & leave you to it, then you can set your next scam/s in motion...

'Ow! My Orchids'...

user27

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:39:47 AM

Quick update:
KnC still haven't agreed refund or shipped my order and it's now the Friday of the first week of Q3 so no shipping until Monday at least.
Nobody has confirmed that they have received a Neptune or even a shipping number from KfC since the Q2 deadline.
All signs point towards them having shipped all the chips they had yielded in Q2 and screw the rest of us.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=672950.msg7619406#msg7619406

PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK KnC! (requested as before you started shipping, as soon as you released specs)

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:41:10 AM

Quick update:
KnC still haven't agreed refund or shipped my order and it's now the Friday of the first week of Q3 so no shipping until Monday at least.
Nobody has confirmed that they have received a Neptune or even a shipping number from KfC since the Q2 deadline.
All signs point towards them having shipped all the chips they had yielded in Q2 and screw the rest of us.

PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK KnC!

they learned that one from ScamFast  Roll Eyes

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Elenelen

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:43:18 AM

Yes!

Hmm...  well...  we will soon see exactly what those limits are if Tolip has anything to say about it...hehe

You really need to focus on cables + plugs, before you even think of going beyond 475 Mhz (46Amp):
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/49946-neptune-burning-psu-s

You need double plugs + cables (the way I did, and even then I doubt it will be enough without proper cooling {cold airflow along the plugs})

user27

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:30:33 AM

Quick update:

PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK KnC!

they learned that one from ScamFast  Roll Eyes

Spoke to Liam today; seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'm told that they have shipped miners every day apart from Tuesday, they will be working over the weekend to get the rest of batch one built and these will all ship on Monday "only a week late".

Still refused to refund.

Still no HWYW without giving up second miner.

Still nobody has conformed here or on KnC forum that they have received a miner since the end of Q2.

u27

Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:59:56 AM

I finally have time to follow KnCs Neptune troubleshooting guide: http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/48166-neptune-troubleshooting-guide

Two of my five modules work, the other three don't even register as an ASIC under the advanced tab.  It's almost like they're not plugged in or powered up (but they are).

I have opened up one of the non-working modules, and there's nothing wrong that I can see from a visual inspection.

Does anyone have any advice?

Elenelen

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:19:04 AM

I finally have time to follow KnCs Neptune troubleshooting guide: http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/48166-neptune-troubleshooting-guide

Two of my five modules work, the other three don't even register as an ASIC under the advanced tab.  It's almost like they're not plugged in or powered up (but they are).

I have opened up one of the non-working modules, and there's nothing wrong that I can see from a visual inspection.

Does anyone have any advice?

test with only one box and one PSU, switch boxes and cables/plugs/PSU,... try to find the cause.....
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:27:25 AM

How many units were delivered until now? Do we have a forum guesstimate?

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:02:17 AM

I was maintaining a list, but hardly anyone has let me know about deliveries

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348957.0

It seems all the CA batch are done, that was 1,200 units less any that were refunded.

user27

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:04:37 AM

Liam told me today that batch 1 started shipping this week and the last orders from batch 1 will be sent out on Monday. Nothing shipped Tuesday. So from what they are saying batch 1 will be built and shipped over approx. 6 days with the 4th and 5th days being Sat/Sun; so half of batch 1 will have been sent by close of business tonight.

Batch 0/1 was 2400 units total, 400 Jupiter conversions and say 25% of the rest refunds (mostly from batch 1) leaves 1500 Neptunes to ship between the two batches. Say 600 batch one units and 900 batch 0 units based on estimated refund distribution. So based on that it is likely 1200 will have shipped by tonight and the 300 remaining units will ship out on Monday.

That being said I have still not seen a confirmation of delivery since back in Q2; so we have no way of confirming what has and has not been sent out.

u27

Pages: « 1 ... 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: