Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 [727] 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381855 times)
manubar82

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:55:09 AM

my hashrate went up too. i guess the pool got smaller, so your shares are "worth more". we had over 900 TH last week for a short amount of time, right now we are "down" at 882TH.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hellowalls

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:07:47 AM

Hi,

I've been trying to mine through the cpu for days now with no luck and many headaches.  Watched some youtube videos but they all have different methods, never fully explained, and with excruciating details, and none of them worked, the replies showed that most people were also unable to do it.  I was trying to mine doge coin through the cpu.  They are also not able to help those who have failed to process.

I've been told that you can't mine bitcoin through a cpu because it isn't a scrypt coin.  Will this allow it?

I followed the steps here and at least the main part of it looks good.  But there is an error code in the GUIminer box that says:  "ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack."

Also the box mentions CPU Affinity and a check mark appears in the 0 box but none appears in the 1 box.

It says it's mining, but I've seen other replies in youtube and elsewhere where people seem to be mining but no results show.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
Hellowalls

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:22:06 AM

Correction, it says "starting..."  I'm not sure if that indicates successful mining or not.  Thanks.
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

Greetings Slushians,
I have 3 cubes, 3 blades (2 OC'd) and 35 USB block eruptors on a 49 port hub. The blades and USB eruptors are spot on in reported hash rate all the time every time.
My 3 cubes are reporting about 20% less then actual all the time every time (80gh), the cubes and blades are powered by 2 HX850's. I have tried different ways of powering them and networking them.
My first cube ran at 38 solid, once I added the other 2 I get up to 32 with a cold start up but they always fall back to 28 after a few hours.
I am wondering if I am overloading the proxy that is running on an Intel Atom desktop that is also running BFGminer for the USB's , CPU usage is only 40-50%.

I ask the hive for any suggestion I could try.

Thanks,
Macs

how strong is your network connection?

I really am thankful the reply.
I have WOW! as a service provider at 20 down 1 up and like 30 ping. Gigabit switch and linksys G router.
My cubes are 1 worker, my blades are another and USB's are my 3rd worker.

I did notice when we completed the last round my hash rate on the stats page went up to almost what it should be.
Funny how only after I posted here my reported hash are looking better, been at 80 for two weeks now its believable at 105.
Now if only get these cubes back up to around 38 each...

Confused,
Macs

The reason for asking "how strong is your network connection?"

My isp has ping 30, 30meg down, 2meg up, but only at the router.
My miners connect at the router, so they get a good chance at the bandwidth.(dedicated miniPC and rPi's)
The house is fed by a couple of switches.(from one channel on the router)
If I speedtest at my PC (the other side of the house and on the second switch) then my PC for email shows, ping 37, 1.5meg down, 1meg up.
If I connect miners at this final switch, then the Rejected shares are massive.(router speed divided by 4, one channel divided by 4, then one channel divided by 4 again)

Too many switches and there is no bandwidth left.

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Scyntech

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:22:00 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to mine through the cpu for days now with no luck and many headaches.  Watched some youtube videos but they all have different methods, never fully explained, and with excruciating details, and none of them worked, the replies showed that most people were also unable to do it.  I was trying to mine doge coin through the cpu.  They are also not able to help those who have failed to process.

I've been told that you can't mine bitcoin through a cpu because it isn't a scrypt coin.  Will this allow it?

I followed the steps here and at least the main part of it looks good.  But there is an error code in the GUIminer box that says:  "ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack."

Also the box mentions CPU Affinity and a check mark appears in the 0 box but none appears in the 1 box.

It says it's mining, but I've seen other replies in youtube and elsewhere where people seem to be mining but no results show.

Thanks

The CPU is not going to net any coins any more. You need a mid - highend video card these days for alt-coins (Scrypt). Bitcoin (SHA-256) requires ASIC hardware to make any sort of dent. Take a few days to research through the forums here.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
anthem

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:28:27 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 03:48:00 PM by anthem

wow - bad pool luck the last few days. .   Lots of 6+ hour rounds. .  Current round is 5+ and we had a 7 and a 9 in the last couple days.  Pool luck is 82, 98, 96.     I think the 30 day average got pulled down 7 points in the last 3 days. ..

Here's hoping it gets a bit better as these long rounds are killer. ..  

and as we speak - another 6:35 round (and still going).. .   argh.
Sir Alan

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:32:57 PM

I've been trying to mine through the cpu for days now with no luck and many headaches.
Depending on your CPU speed, you might find one share every hour or two if you are lucky, although with only a dual core processor even that is a big ask.  Even if you happen to find a share just before the block is solved (before the share's value has decayed), you will still earn nothing for it, as one share on its own is worth so little.  As Scyntech said, you need an ASIC to get anywhere these days.  Even a low-grade ASIC such as the Block Eruptor won't get you very far, as it will probably not cover the cost of the electricity used to run it, but it is a start and will produce visible results, so it can at least provide some amusement.

If you are determined to use the CPU, be sure to select the correct pool - slush's pool(IPv6/alt) - and use the extra flags -v -w128 -f1
and, of course, the correct user name and password.  Ticking the other CPU box is up to you - in the circumstances it will hardly make any real difference.

Guiminer should work with Slush, but it won't work with some pools, such as BTC Guild.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
adnx2h

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:03:13 PM

wow - bad pool luck the last few days. .   Lots of 6+ hour rounds. .  Current round is 5+ and we had a 7 and a 9 in the last couple days.  Pool luck is 82, 98, 96.     I think the 30 day average got pulled down 7 points in the last 3 days. ..

Here's hoping it gets a bit better as these long rounds are killer. ..  

and as we speak - another 6:35 round (and still going).. .   argh.

And current block is almost 7 hours and still running, the average in last 10 blocks is 4 hours.
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:13:27 PM

7 hour blocks are the best !  only thing better is an 8 or 9 hour block.  wow, I cannot wait for those =)   

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
binja9

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:27:35 PM

Hi,

Thanks

The CPU is not going to net any coins any more. You need a mid - highend video card these days for alt-coins (Scrypt). Bitcoin (SHA-256) requires ASIC hardware to make any sort of dent. Take a few days to research through the forums here.

Can that statement be corrected - Quarks can be mined with a CPU - I have my kids mining them to get a bit of experience and learning - not worth a lot but the same knowledge is required

Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:48:39 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Can that statement be corrected - Quarks can be mined with a CPU - I have my kids mining them to get a bit of experience and learning - not worth a lot but the same knowledge is required

This is a good guide for cpu/gpu mining for GUIminer
http://www.newslobster.com/random/how-to-get-started-using-your-gpu-to-mine-for-bitcoins-on-windows

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
eoakland

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:17:34 PM

Congrats all...We did it you guys....10 hour block !   dare we go to 11 ?  LoL

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:22:03 PM

Just wait for the 24 hour block.  Tongue
anthem

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:29:03 PM

there was a 10 hour block a few days ago as well. . .  but yeah, half a day to work on one block really sucks. ..
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:46:06 PM

The future ain't what it used to be, boys... When I got into this a year and a half ago, seven and eight hour block happened, but were an oddity... Now we seem to be getting one a day if not more... I'm sure the 24 hour block is out there, just biding it's time... I guess this is what it's come to, big business has discovered our playground, and there's money to be made on a grand scale... Too bad if the little guy that started it all gets shoved out in the cold. Damn, I'd just like for the hardware I've bought to pay for itsself... whine mode /off/...

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
eoakland

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:57:36 PM

The future ain't what it used to be, boys... When I got into this a year and a half ago, seven and eight hour block happened, but were an oddity... Now we seem to be getting one a day if not more... I'm sure the 24 hour block is out there, just biding it's time... I guess this is what it's come to, big business has discovered our playground, and there's money to be made on a grand scale... Too bad if the little guy that started it all gets shoved out in the cold. Damn, I'd just like for the hardware I've bought to pay for itsself... whine mode /off/...

Sad.  we are at the half day mark for one stinking block.  we should almost get a pool as to when our pool will solve a block.  any takers ? 

how did our pool luck jump to 113% for the day ?
Pool luck (1 day, 7 days, 30 days): 113%

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:05:27 PM

FINALLY. Good Grief.

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
Ron_D

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:09:24 PM

Well...
We got almost halfway, now didn't we ?
adnx2h

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:11:40 PM

FINALLY. Good Grief.
This is nothing compared with 940 hours a block in triplemining.com
shazo

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:34:21 PM

Just got my other 4 antminer U1s in.  All of them are now running.  Only issue is the cmd file I made to run the one didn't work for all of them.  I was thinking about over clocking them however I'm not sure where to go in bfgminer to do that, but I do know I can set it in the cmd file.  This is what the line looks like:

C:\Users\jason\Desktop\Bitcoin\bfgminer\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u (slush pool worker) -p (password) -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0781

I'm not sure if something is wrong with this line or if I just didn't give bfgminer enough time to load up each of them. 
Pages: « 1 ... 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 [727] 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: