Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup  (Read 580724 times)
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:03:15 AM

Is it possible to mine at different pools for my two blades through one proxy machine?

I set up a Raspberry Pi to perform the mining proxy. So what I mean is to run two mining proxies at this Raspberry and let Blade A point to pool X, and Blade B point to pool Y.

But I don't know how to set the proxy port. The output seems that the proxy in default listen both 8332 and 3333 port, so how can I set the proxy another port?

Thank you.

As this question rises again and again I'll leave this here
usage: mining_proxy_1.5.2.exe [-h] [-o HOST] [-p PORT] [-sh STRATUM_HOST]
                              [-sp STRATUM_PORT] [-oh GETWORK_HOST]
                              [-gp GETWORK_PORT] [-nm] [-rt] [-cl CUSTOM_LP]
                              [-cs CUSTOM_STRATUM] [-cu CUSTOM_USER]
                              [-cp CUSTOM_PASSWORD] [--old-target]
                              [--blocknotify BLOCKNOTIFY_CMD] [--socks PROXY]
                              [--tor] [-t] [-v] [-q] [-i PID_FILE]

This proxy allows you to run getwork-based miners against Stratum mining pool.

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -o HOST, --host HOST  Hostname of Stratum mining pool
  -p PORT, --port PORT  Port of Stratum mining pool
  -sh STRATUM_HOST, --stratum-host STRATUM_HOST
                        On which network interface listen for stratum miners.
                        Use "localhost" for listening on internal IP only.
  -sp STRATUM_PORT, --stratum-port STRATUM_PORT
                        Port on which port listen for stratum miners.
  -oh GETWORK_HOST, --getwork-host GETWORK_HOST
                        On which network interface listen for getwork miners.
                        Use "localhost" for listening on internal IP only.
  -gp GETWORK_PORT, --getwork-port GETWORK_PORT
                        Port on which port listen for getwork miners. Use
                        another port if you have bitcoind RPC running on this
                        machine already.
  -nm, --no-midstate    Don't compute midstate for getwork. This has
                        outstanding performance boost, but some old miners
                        like Diablo don't work without midstate.
  -rt, --real-target    Propagate >diff1 target to getwork miners. Some miners
                        work incorrectly with higher difficulty.
  -cl CUSTOM_LP, --custom-lp CUSTOM_LP
                        Override URL provided in X-Long-Polling header
  -cs CUSTOM_STRATUM, --custom-stratum CUSTOM_STRATUM
                        Override URL provided in X-Stratum header
  -cu CUSTOM_USER, --custom-user CUSTOM_USER
                        Use this username for submitting shares
  -cp CUSTOM_PASSWORD, --custom-password CUSTOM_PASSWORD
                        Use this password for submitting shares
  --old-target          Provides backward compatible targets for some
                        deprecated getwork miners.
  --blocknotify BLOCKNOTIFY_CMD
                        Execute command when the best block changes (%s in
                        BLOCKNOTIFY_CMD is replaced by block hash)
  --socks PROXY         Use socks5 proxy for upstream Stratum connection,
                        specify as host:port
  --tor                 Configure proxy to mine over Tor (requires Tor running
                        on local machine)
  -t, --test            Run performance test on startup
  -v, --verbose         Enable low-level debugging messages
  -q, --quiet           Make output more quiet
  -i PID_FILE, --pid-file PID_FILE
                        Store process pid to the file

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mazza

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:05:02 AM

What about the 12V EPS connector? I have a Corsair VX450 which doesn't have an 8-Pin PCI-E connector. I don't have official specs for EPS but it seems to be for servers, particularly for both redundant PSUs and multiple high power CPUs. There is the unofficial spec at playtool:

voltage rail: +12V
number of lines: 4
max current: 28A
max wattage: 336W
My PSU has 33A on the +12V rail so if this spec is accurate theoretically it should work. Can anyone verify this? The wiring has written on it 300V 18awg.

For anyone wanting to see if they have this cable:

You can identify an 8-Pin PCI-E cable with having PCI-E branded on the connector with 3 yellow (12V) wires and 5 black (GND) wires. On the other hand, you can identify an 8-Pin EPS connector as having 4 yellow (12v) and 4 black wires (GND) with the yellow wires situated closest to the tab on the connector.
drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:14:13 AM

Some pools/networks/blades take up to 4 hours to reach max efficiency on stratum. I had that on Slush, but on BTCG they max within 30 seconds.

I'll give it time then, I'm testing on BTCG and after 30 minutes the results are the same as Slush.

Total MHS:   09210
Received:   0000004724
Accepted:   0000004153
Per Minute:   138.51
Efficiency:   087.89%
Up Time:   0d,00h,29m,59s
Current Server: 192.168.1.9:8332
Clock selected: High
Chip: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I set up a Raspberry Pi to perform the mining proxy. So what I mean is to run two mining proxies at this Raspberry and let Blade A point to pool X, and Blade B point to pool Y.

I tried using a Raspberry Pi B as a proxy host, fun little toy.

Sappers clear the way
opinologo

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:33:40 AM

You can use a PCI-E 6 pin but again you'll be overspec, although its the same as a molex. PCI-8 pin is best. There will be 3 12V cables, and 5 neutrals. Just wire them all up.

Hi dogie, I am confused  Huh I bought another molex splitter but I doubt it will be any different than my previous melted one  Embarrassed

I rather use the PCI-E 6pin since I trust more the cables in my Corsair GS600 PSU

Can you please explain whether to use two yellows and blacks or only one of each for powering the board?

thanks!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 06:35:22 AM

You can use a PCI-E 6 pin but again you'll be overspec, although its the same as a molex. PCI-8 pin is best. There will be 3 12V cables, and 5 neutrals. Just wire them all up.

Hi dogie, I am confused  Huh I bought another molex splitter but I doubt it will be any different than my previous melted one  Embarrassed

I rather use the PCI-E 6pin since I trust more the cables in my Corsair GS600 PSU

Can you please explain whether to use two yellows and blacks or only one of each for powering the board?

thanks!

As many as you have access to, and 8 pin pci-e preferably.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:49:48 AM

thanks!

i used 6 blacks and 6 yellows, all from 2 PCI-e connectors. With the usual molex i had overheating. No molex splitter, direct wires from PSU, that worked for me.
opinologo

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:53:48 PM

thanks!

So just for future reference, upon further inspection my new molex splitter claims to be  18 AWG while the old (partially melted one) didn't say anything at all...  Shocked After compare them both, the new splitter's cables seem to be stronger as well. So I suggest to update the guide to check for the AWG inscription in the cables or use the PCI-e with 8 pins connector.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:25:12 PM

thanks!

So just for future reference, upon further inspection my new molex splitter claims to be  18 AWG while the old (partially melted one) didn't say anything at all...  Shocked After compare them both, the new splitter's cables seem to be stronger as well. So I suggest to update the guide to check for the AWG inscription in the cables or use the PCI-e with 8 pins connector.

Its a good tell if they're unmarked, but definitely a few of the burnt ones were also labelled 18 unfortunately.

biganth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

thanks!

i used 6 blacks and 6 yellows, all from 2 PCI-e connectors. With the usual molex i had overheating. No molex splitter, direct wires from PSU, that worked for me.

So you used 3 wires in each hole?

VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:50:35 PM

thanks a lot dogie!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 09:07:46 PM

thanks a lot dogie!

No problem Smiley

DAoneNonlyG

Activity: 453

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:19:03 PM

hwo do i perform a hardware reset? just tip the two pins? or is there something special??
bitjoint

Activity: 333

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:47:00 PM

Hi guys can anyone please confirm that in order to hash at ~13.000 I only have to change "Clock selected" to "High" (Switch Clock button)?

I mean, right now I'm hashing at ~10000 since Clock seems to be set to "slow" by default. I just want to confirm if my blade (3rd batch) is providing the required 1.2V as dogie said in the first post...

Batch 2+ blades come at 1.2V on stock, and you will be running them overclocked.

I don't have a tester with me and I don't know if I should go and get one  Undecided and double-check.

BTW, lil' Pi is more then enough for the stratum proxy! Htop shows just 46MB RAM and 15-30% CPU usage!!

PS: My ugly setup Tongue...

biganth

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:52:06 PM

Hi guys can anyone please confirm that in order to hash at ~13.000 I only have to change "Clock selected" to "High" (Switch Clock button)?

BTW, lil' Pi is more then enough for the stratum proxy! Htop shows just 46MB RAM and 15-30% CPU usage!!

Yes, batch 3 is over clocked too so just change it to high. Cool Pi, time to put one of mine to good use.

WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 10:54:15 PM

I have much less impressive setup and blade works at HIGH clock like a charm. Just press the button and check the wires' temp after an hour of hashing. If it still cold or warm a little to touch then all is ok.

bitjoint

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:24:09 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 12:26:03 AM by bitjoint

Yes, batch 3 is over clocked too so just change it to high. Cool Pi, time to put one of mine to good use.

Thanks! Yeah, the pi as a headless server does the work really well. You just have to get rid of all the X11 stuff and minimize the GPU RAM usage (with this script https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update). Then autorun the mining_proxy with supervisord and you can forget about it....

I have much less impressive setup and blade works at HIGH clock like a charm. Just press the button and check the wires' temp after an hour of hashing. If it still cold or warm a little to touch then all is ok.

Thanks, I'll check the wires too. The setup is not that impressive  Smiley I just needed an extremely quiet config and I think I got it. I'm really happy with the fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFi39czpsac blonde not included  Wink). Can't hear literally anything at 1m distance!

wonko

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 11:45:03 PM

has anyone had problems with BTCGuild?  I have two proxies BTCGuild is primary and Slush is secondary and after about a minute all of my miners switch over to Slush automatically.  I'm running two instances of the stratum proxy on one OSX machine (mac mini).
drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:25:34 AM

My Pi for some reason couldn't feed the miner fast enough without work returns exceeding 100ms, and that was connected to the same router as the blades. I swear I am developing only hatred for my bad luck Cheesy

Sappers clear the way
bitjoint

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:32:40 AM

My Pi for some reason couldn't feed the miner fast enough without work returns exceeding 100ms, and that was connected to the same router as the blades. I swear I am developing only hatred for my bad luck Cheesy

How many blades/workers did you set up? Did you compile the proxy (midstate) C Extension in order to speed things up? ...

has anyone had problems with BTCGuild?  I have two proxies BTCGuild is primary and Slush is secondary and after about a minute all of my miners switch over to Slush automatically.  I'm running two instances of the stratum proxy on one OSX machine (mac mini).

Sorry, no idea. Been on Slush's since powering up the blade and (probably) won't be testing other pools til next week
WinTame2012

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:40:15 AM

For all you fellow Blade Miners™: you really want to set the difficulty for your pool workers at least as high as 8 to minimize stale shares and network lags.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: