Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:46:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup  (Read 580726 times)
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:12:16 AM

Hi guys, I keep seeing references for a schematic and to friedcats user guide.   It would seem my reseller couldn't be arsed placing them with the miners so I'm trying to find them through these threads.   Did not see it in Friedcats latest thread started early sept.   If anyone has a link it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

That what you were after?

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270981.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:05:23 AM

Ok, noobish question here. I have the latest (old blade) revision and for some reason when I connect it, All i hear are a few 'clicks' and then nothing.

Silly question: Did you perhaps forget to plug in the red fuse ?

The newest (old) blades have no red fuse? or did mine just really freaking ship without one.. Actually, I didn't get a Green connector either.. Did my blade arrive incomplete?

Ok... So my symptom is the same as this... except that I do have a red fuse, it is unbroken, and is inserted...
Yet same problem.. I don't get any ethernet lights on my switch, the blade doesn't appear to be doing anything, even though it sounds like it might be starting up. Those clicks mentioned plus a slight hum of a capacitor

Please help? :/

Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:52:54 PM

Ok, noobish question here. I have the latest (old blade) revision and for some reason when I connect it, All i hear are a few 'clicks' and then nothing.

Silly question: Did you perhaps forget to plug in the red fuse ?

The newest (old) blades have no red fuse? or did mine just really freaking ship without one.. Actually, I didn't get a Green connector either.. Did my blade arrive incomplete?

Ok... So my symptom is the same as this... except that I do have a red fuse, it is unbroken, and is inserted...
Yet same problem.. I don't get any ethernet lights on my switch, the blade doesn't appear to be doing anything, even though it sounds like it might be starting up. Those clicks mentioned plus a slight hum of a capacitor

Please help? :/

to provide stable power supply you must have 2 mm thick wire inserted into  green connector on board.  Loose connection can be a problem. Other reason, your LAN cable not connected properly. In this case blade is running but you will not see any light on network module. That can be due to LAN cable not attached properly or faulty cable, or because network module not incepted firmly into connector. Connect fan to connectors on board, and try again, if fan is running it is network problem. If fan is not running check your power supply and wires.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:05:50 AM

Repost from another thread I don't think anyone checks!

Hey there, I got a few blades yesterday and I have read this entire thread, which has some amazing info!  But I am still having trouble!   This is what I got with 2 blades last night:

2 Generic PSU's papercliped.  17amp+ 12v.  2 individual molex strands cut and fed to blade. (2-4 yellows, 4-6 blacks) Direct from PSU
Blades configured properly for Deepbit and EclipseMC
For testing one blade is at 1.195 Volts  The other is at stock 1.05V
Both Blades on LOW,  With: Chip: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Blades being cooled with a insanely strong blower blowing through them long-ways.  (at least several hundred CFM, they are only warm to the touch)

Blades basically won't work on DeepBit no matter what I try.  Every once in a while they send a few shares.

On EclipseMC the blades show between 1-8Ghash on the Eclipse control panel on the site.  When I compare the shares against a 5.6ghash Jalepeno they seem to be doing more work, but not that much more.   This is what the config page looks like:
Total MHS:   00000
Received:   0000000215
Accepted:   0000000000
Per Minute:   000.00
Efficiency:   000.00%
Up Time:   0d,00h,01m,41s

They seem to be restarting almost exactly every 2 minutes and 15 seconds, weird right?

I don't think its a power issue,  I am NOT using the proxy (the links are down and I'm not sure they are useful for other pools?)    

What am I doing wrong, is it a network issue with get-work?  They have been running like this for 8 hours now with same results.   Any ideas?

*****UPDATE******

I have tried the proxy now, it does not seem to connect to deepbit, but it does to EclipseMC,  However once I connected the blade it went to xxxxxxxOxxxOxxxxxx   And also did not mine.  I left this for over ten minutes, and have put it back to the way it was.  Now it is mining at the 4-7gh's the rest seem too be.   What am I doing wrong?

atmclikk

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:52:19 AM

Does anyone know where I can download the precompiled Windows Stratum proxy at?  The link from Slush's pool has been broken for a few days....- 
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:18:32 AM

Does anyone know where I can download the precompiled Windows Stratum proxy at?  The link from Slush's pool has been broken for a few days....- 

A cool dude passed this to me earlier:  http://btc.anapaapps.com/mining_proxy.php

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:07:21 AM

A cool dude passed this to me earlier:  http://btc.anapaapps.com/mining_proxy.php

This link does an automatic download.
atmclikk

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 02:54:24 PM

This link does an automatic download.

Thanks!!!
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:45:17 PM

Now I am trying a much stronger PSU on a different blade,  When set to port 3333 for Eclipse (not sure where I got it) the proxy scrolls so fast I can't make out what it is doing, but the miner does not hash and the pool shows no work.  hhmmm Sad

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:02:14 PM

Now I am trying a much stronger PSU on a different blade,  When set to port 3333 for Eclipse (not sure where I got it) the proxy scrolls so fast I can't make out what it is doing, but the miner does not hash and the pool shows no work.  hhmmm Sad
Sounds like login/pool info is wrong.

svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:09:39 PM

I agree, but I just can't find squat for info on this.   I've tried a hundred combinations now and nothing seems to work.   There is only a few variables here so I'm not sure how I am messing it up.

-o us2.eclipsemc.com -p 3333 (or 8337, or 8332)

On config page, 
ports =  Same as pool?
serveraddress = localhost (with or without the ports?!)
userpass = pool user and pass

this seems simple, but obviously because I am showing no hashrate, there is a pool-connection glitch or something I assume.  I just averaged the performance of the last several hours, and they are only averaging 5ghash on the pool.  Why would they restart every 2 minutes if it was pool problems though?

Me = confused...

west17m

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:45:00 PM

I agree, but I just can't find squat for info on this.   I've tried a hundred combinations now and nothing seems to work.   There is only a few variables here so I'm not sure how I am messing it up.

On config page, 
ports =  Same as pool?

this seems simple, but obviously because I am showing no hashrate, there is a pool-connection glitch or something I assume.  I just averaged the performance of the last several hours, and they are only averaging 5ghash on the pool.  Why would they restart every 2 minutes if it was pool problems though?

Me = confused...

My blades worked fine with eclipsemc but I had to set up a stratum proxy and go through that.
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:50:45 PM

On config page, 
ports =  Same as pool?

Me = confused...

My blades worked fine with eclipsemc but I had to set up a stratum proxy and go through that.

What strings did you use?  I've tried so many combinations I'm not sure what I'm missing at this point.   

brogramer

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:13:25 PM

Hey guys,  I've been absolutely pulling my hair out with my blade.  I can get it to connect every now as if by effing magic but generally it hangs on the initial hit of my stratum proxy and then the blade sends an ack/reset tcp packet on every one of it's ports.... and then resets cuz it hasn't hashed in two minutes...

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Is it just a faulty ethernet plug?  Is there anything I can do?

- the power is right.  The voltage is tuned.  It's worked for at least a day before.  I've gone through this whole thread but no one has really asked a question like mine... (maybe no one else wiresharked their stuff? I have the packet capture if anyone wants it..)

I've tried many different versions of the stratum proxy and on windows / osx.  No dice :/. 
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:01:00 PM

Hey guys,  I've been absolutely pulling my hair out with my blade.  I can get it to connect every now as if by effing magic but generally it hangs on the initial hit of my stratum proxy and then the blade sends an ack/reset tcp packet on every one of it's ports.... and then resets cuz it hasn't hashed in two minutes...

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Is it just a faulty ethernet plug?  Is there anything I can do?

- the power is right.  The voltage is tuned.  It's worked for at least a day before.  I've gone through this whole thread but no one has really asked a question like mine... (maybe no one else wiresharked their stuff? I have the packet capture if anyone wants it..)

I've tried many different versions of the stratum proxy and on windows / osx.  No dice :/. 

I'm having similar problems,   Mine are hashing while connected directly to the pools, but only about half the speed, and they still reset every 2 minutes.   The config pages show zero hashrate,  only received shares, which get up to about 300 before it restarts.   I've tried the proxy on several pools and I still can't figure it out also.

aleph

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:53:07 PM

Does anyone have a link to a compiled Windows mining_proxy.exe file?  Slush's link is down.  Thanks in advance.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:05:17 PM

Now I am trying a much stronger PSU on a different blade,  When set to port 3333 for Eclipse (not sure where I got it) the proxy scrolls so fast I can't make out what it is doing, but the miner does not hash and the pool shows no work.  hhmmm Sad

I agree, but I just can't find squat for info on this.   I've tried a hundred combinations now and nothing seems to work.   There is only a few variables here so I'm not sure how I am messing it up.

On config page,  
ports =  Same as pool?

this seems simple, but obviously because I am showing no hashrate, there is a pool-connection glitch or something I assume.  I just averaged the performance of the last several hours, and they are only averaging 5ghash on the pool.  Why would they restart every 2 minutes if it was pool problems though?

Me = confused...

I think I see something:

-o http://us2.eclipsemc.com:3333 -u Username -p pass   p is password not port,correct  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

Now I am trying a much stronger PSU on a different blade,  When set to port 3333 for Eclipse (not sure where I got it) the proxy scrolls so fast I can't make out what it is doing, but the miner does not hash and the pool shows no work.  hhmmm Sad

I agree, but I just can't find squat for info on this.   I've tried a hundred combinations now and nothing seems to work.   There is only a few variables here so I'm not sure how I am messing it up.

On config page,  
ports =  Same as pool?

this seems simple, but obviously because I am showing no hashrate, there is a pool-connection glitch or something I assume.  I just averaged the performance of the last several hours, and they are only averaging 5ghash on the pool.  Why would they restart every 2 minutes if it was pool problems though?

Me = confused...

I think I see something:

-o http://us2.eclipsemc.com:3333 -u Username -p pass   p is password not port,correct  Huh
correct

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:46:35 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 01:08:42 AM by svojoe

On config page,  
ports =  Same as pool?

Me = confused...

I think I see something:

correct
[/quote]

Um...  
proxy.exe error: argument -p/--port: invalid  int value 'password'

Doh,

I might have it!

its -cu and -cp

And...

It still doesn't work.  hmmm.   port 3333,  just never fully connects and no port, it scrolls crazy fast.

I'm getting a "transport exception"  and a ERROR proxy Client_service  on timeout.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 01:10:27 AM

Use ctrl+s to stop it scrolling, same to resume and see what it says.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: