Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup  (Read 580726 times)
ccplz

Activity: 243
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:35:02 PM

Well, everything I can see looks right.  As long as your user/pass field is 'user:passe,user:pass', the only other thing I can think of is a firewall issue that is blocking port 8332 between your blade and the proxy machine.  If that's not it, I don't have any other suggestions.

Well,thanks for trying.
Oh and one last question.
Could it have anything to do with my OS?(Win8 x64)
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:40:35 PM

Well, everything I can see looks right.  As long as your user/pass field is 'user:passe,user:pass', the only other thing I can think of is a firewall issue that is blocking port 8332 between your blade and the proxy machine.  If that's not it, I don't have any other suggestions.

Well,thanks for trying.
Oh and one last question.
Could it have anything to do with my OS?(Win8 x64)

Well, I guess anything is possible, but I am using Win 7 x64 with no problems.  I have not heard of any problems specific to Win 8.

One more experiment you might want to try, just to rule out proxy misconfiguration...  If you kill the proxy and start bitcoin-qt, the blade should be able to connect directly to bitcoin-qt to solo mine.  If that doesn't work, you definitely have a network problem of some sort.  If it does work, you have a proxy problem.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:45:03 PM

Change your secondary DNS to match your primary. No need for it to point to an external because if you're offline it's moot.

Also, I would suggest using BFGMiner as a proxy instead of slush's. I've seen slush's have issues which couldn't be explained, but BFGMiner is always spot-on.

If possible, use a port other than 8332 to rule out port issues. I usually suggest folks use 8339 or something else easy to remember. Make sure the change is in blade setup, and the proxy knows to listen on the same port.

ccplz

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:56:44 PM

Change your secondary DNS to match your primary. No need for it to point to an external because if you're offline it's moot.

Also, I would suggest using BFGMiner as a proxy instead of slush's. I've seen slush's have issues which couldn't be explained, but BFGMiner is always spot-on.

If possible, use a port other than 8332 to rule out port issues. I usually suggest folks use 8339 or something else easy to remember. Make sure the change is in blade setup, and the proxy knows to listen on the same port.
Yeah,I thought of using BFGminer,however I read somewhere that using it as a proxy requires a x32 OS.
Is it true?
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

Yeah,I thought of using BFGminer,however I read somewhere that using it as a proxy requires a x32 OS.
Is it true?

They have x64 builds for Windows, but not sure if they have the built-in proxy support for Windows 8x64. You could always give it a shot.

Still, I'd focus on your port and DNS settings. Make the changes and see what happens. If you have an older computer you can toss XP or Ubuntu on, even better, because you could use BFGMiner for sure.

i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:38:18 PM

Is it true?
Bfgminer 32bit wont require you downgrade to 32bit os. So that wont be an issue. The main thing that we cant verify is that the IP of the pc running stratum proxy, is the server you have listed in Blade Settings. That will cause your issue, as for the Screenshots of mining proxy, not being able to decode the header, that usually from trying to get mining proxy connected to a getwork pool.

Be sure to double check the Server Addresses in the Blade setting.  Need to point to the pc running the proxy
Current C

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:58:40 PM

I am still having difficulties setting up.

i spent the greater part of last night trying to setup bfgminer on this linux box. it should be very routine but it is not at all.

was directed to here eventually, ive copied and pasted the contents here.
http://eviltechmonkey.com/bfgsource.html

Building and maintaining bfgminer from source on Linux

This command should be valid on both Ubuntu and Debian based distributions including Mint, Crunchbang, and others
Literally copy and paste the entire line while in your home directory (cd ~)

sudo apt-get install git build-essential autoconf automake make libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev -y && git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer && cd bfgminer && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make

That does NOT install it system wide. It simple enables to run bfgminer from within that folder. To install system wide (so it can be run as any user from any folder) type 'sudo make install' in the bfgminer directory AFTER the rest. Some systems may require you to run 'sudo ldconfig' to link your libraries. If 'make install' does not work try that.

To update your installation follow this step and include 'make install' to install system wide again if wanted:
cd ~/bfgminer && git pull && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make

Optionally, once you have the dependencies installed (everything before the "git clone" portion) you can download the prepackaged tar.bz2 files from BFGminer, unpack, cd bfgminer-***, ./configure, make, sudo make install.

Either method will work. The 'git-clone' method will just give you the latest source.

Lastly, make sure your user is in the dialout group. sudo gpasswd -a yourname dialout
Log out, log back in, open a terminal (if you're in a gui) and type 'groups'. You should be set to mine with most every USB ASIC. Head back to the referring page and go mine.

when i enter
./bfgminer -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u username.worker1 -p password -G --http-port 8080 
or (port 8332) i get the following error.
--http-port: unrecognized option

ive pretty much been stuck there.

linux distro ubuntu 12.04
bfgminer 3.0.6
i have the current version of libmicrohttpd-dev

everyone in the live help chat at slushes pool is lost too. i really dont know what to do.

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:14:52 PM

I am still having difficulties setting up.

i spent the greater part of last night trying to setup bfgminer on this linux box. it should be very routine but it is not at all.

was directed to here eventually, ive copied and pasted the contents here.
http://eviltechmonkey.com/bfgsource.html

Building and maintaining bfgminer from source on Linux

This command should be valid on both Ubuntu and Debian based distributions including Mint, Crunchbang, and others
Literally copy and paste the entire line while in your home directory (cd ~)

sudo apt-get install git build-essential autoconf automake make libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev -y && git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer && cd bfgminer && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make

That does NOT install it system wide. It simple enables to run bfgminer from within that folder. To install system wide (so it can be run as any user from any folder) type 'sudo make install' in the bfgminer directory AFTER the rest. Some systems may require you to run 'sudo ldconfig' to link your libraries. If 'make install' does not work try that.

To update your installation follow this step and include 'make install' to install system wide again if wanted:
cd ~/bfgminer && git pull && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make

Optionally, once you have the dependencies installed (everything before the "git clone" portion) you can download the prepackaged tar.bz2 files from BFGminer, unpack, cd bfgminer-***, ./configure, make, sudo make install.

Either method will work. The 'git-clone' method will just give you the latest source.

Lastly, make sure your user is in the dialout group. sudo gpasswd -a yourname dialout
Log out, log back in, open a terminal (if you're in a gui) and type 'groups'. You should be set to mine with most every USB ASIC. Head back to the referring page and go mine.

when i enter
./bfgminer -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u username.worker1 -p password -G --http-port 8080 
or (port 8332) i get the following error.
--http-port: unrecognized option

ive pretty much been stuck there.

linux distro ubuntu 12.04
bfgminer 3.0.6
i have the current version of libmicrohttpd-dev

everyone in the live help chat at slushes pool is lost too. i really dont know what to do.

That is a very old version of BFGMiner that you have built - long before the proxy functionality was added.  You should do a git pull of latest sources, or checkout a newer version.
You should delete/uninstall that old version.

Make a directory where you want to build BFGMiner. cd to that directory, then:

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git

will get you the latest git.

After that, check the README section on building to make sure you have all the newest dependencies installed.  Then you should be able to build the latest with:

Code:
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make

should build you the latest version.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
ccplz

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:37:24 PM

Finally got it to work using BFGminer.(thanks to you,guys)

Still,all the chips seem to be functional,yet I'm getting 90-93% efficiency.

Is it normal for a V2 blade?
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:46:19 PM

I need to resolder dead fuse on blade V2 (green PCB). But I could not find any specification for this fuse. Do you know somebody? Where to buy it?
Please help.

Bought a few as replacement for the blue blades from a local electronics store for a few cent each! They were 10A ones.

IMHO it would be easier to solder two wires to the blade and connect them to a socket used for car fuses (the ones the gen 1 blades use)

So finally I found that it should be 8A/125V fuse from TS connectivity 2410SFV8.00FM/125-2
http://www.te.com/catalog/pn/en/RF1952-000
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:16:28 PM

Finally got it to work using BFGminer.(thanks to you,guys)

Still,all the chips seem to be functional,yet I'm getting 90-93% efficiency.

Is it normal for a V2 blade?

Speed depends on what coin you mine and the pool As long as you see Chips:OOOOOOOOOOOOO your good
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:15:13 AM

I use Slush's proxy and it works great. All my issues must have been heat related, even though it didn't feel hot the V2 chip must have shut down by detecting a rapid increase in temp. Once I got all my fans pointed at it everything has been rock solid, actually very happy with my blade. I got mine for $230 and I see most selling for much more now, which kinda sucks because I want to load up a backplane.
Current C

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:09:21 AM

nothing i could do would work on bfgminer or slushes proxy. i had 3 or 4 people working on it with me all much more gifted linux users and miners.

so for now until i nuke and pave this box i am using a cloud based solution proxy. that worked from the first time i tried it. ive already hit a block running these two blades so for now, i am satisfied.

thank you for all of your help, and yes if you are having issues, post, post a lot and frequently, reading through your solutions helps, and it helps a great deal!
CarneMuerta

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:32:43 AM

nothing i could do would work on bfgminer or slushes proxy. i had 3 or 4 people working on it with me all much more gifted linux users and miners.

so for now until i nuke and pave this box i am using a cloud based solution proxy. that worked from the first time i tried it. ive already hit a block running these two blades so for now, i am satisfied.

thank you for all of your help, and yes if you are having issues, post, post a lot and frequently, reading through your solutions helps, and it helps a great deal!

I have two suggestions for ya..
The first is from here http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/07/01/bitcoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-asics/
"if you are using bfgminer you must install the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP driver"

Roll Eyes nevermind I skimmed that the 1st time thru and missed that it was for USB miners

If that doesn't work, the only other suggestion I have, at the moment, is to try cgminer
pws328

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:41:10 PM

I need to resolder dead fuse on blade V2 (green PCB). But I could not find any specification for this fuse. Do you know somebody? Where to buy it?
Please help.

Bought a few as replacement for the blue blades from a local electronics store for a few cent each! They were 10A ones.

IMHO it would be easier to solder two wires to the blade and connect them to a socket used for car fuses (the ones the gen 1 blades use)

So finally I found that it should be 8A/125V fuse from TS connectivity 2410SFV8.00FM/125-2

Great that you found those!

However I'm really curious about your other idea of just soldering in a connector that would accept auto fuses. I have a blown fuse (at least I'm pretty sure its blown) on a V2 Blade (Green PCB), and instead of re-soldering the same SMD fuse, I was thinking of soldering on an inline fuse holder like this one http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3150583&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_source=CAT&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_content=CT2032234, and adding in a 10A mini-blade fuse. Looking at the ones from TS thought, I'm worried this won't be able to carry enough voltage. I'm a little newbish when it comes to electronics, so any input would be greatly appreciated.
phazon307

Activity: 140

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:09:52 PM

I hope I can get my blade setup soon I am losing money and I have a nice cold place for it out in the shed and it snowed last night so why do I need a fan hahaha. Grin

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
vesperwillow

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:30:50 PM

Please help.

Great that you found those!

However I'm really curious about your other idea of just soldering in a connector that would accept auto fuses. I have a blown fuse (at least I'm pretty sure its blown) on a V2 Blade (Green PCB), and instead of re-soldering the same SMD fuse, I was thinking of soldering on an inline fuse holder like this one http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3150583&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_source=CAT&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_content=CT2032234, and adding in a 10A mini-blade fuse. Looking at the ones from TS thought, I'm worried this won't be able to carry enough voltage. I'm a little newbish when it comes to electronics, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

That's fine.. it's rated for 12-24 volts, and 30 amps. More than enough.

phazon307

Activity: 140

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:06:32 PM

Do these stay solid green until they start hashing like the USB Block erupters? I need to know I but a Y-power cable and that didn't work so I had to order the Molex. Never go orange black black red lol good thing I was watching the blade when the wire started smoking.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
crypto_mks

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 10:29:34 PM

Nice, think I'll do this for my next setup. Smiley
JBT

Activity: 165

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:07:04 PM

I hope I can get my blade setup soon I am losing money and I have a nice cold place for it out in the shed and it snowed last night so why do I need a fan hahaha. Grin

aaaa but what about condensation? water and electricity don't mix so well
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: