Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:46:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:32:55 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 01:38:53 AM by ANiceJewishBoy

I suggest a bounty for:
the first RC toy built with Devcoins
the first RC robot built with Devcoins
the first RC flying machine built with Devcoins
the first Arduino robot built with Devcoins
the first AI robot built with Devcoins
the first of each kind of alcohol, made with Devcoins
the first cell phone clone made by Devcoin
the first digital screen made by Devcoin
the first keyboard made by Devcoin
the first mouse made by Devcoin
the first motherboard design made by Devcoin
the first Home Made PC made by Devcoin
the first Air filter made by Devcoin
the first meat alternative made by Devcoin
the first cheese alternative made by Devcoin
the first milk alternative made by Devcoin
the first new breed of dog made by a Devcoiner (not hard, just crossbreed for a few generations. And other things like "Labradoodle" is even simpler to figure out and copy with other breeds)
the first new breed of cat made by a Devcoiner
the first new breed of hops (for beer) made by a Devcoiner
the first new breed of lizard made by a Devcoiner
the first skateboard 100% designed by a Devcoiner
the first alphabet and language created by a Devcoiner that is at least as intricate as English (like J.R.R. Tolken's made up languages)
the first breed of fruit made by a Devcoiner
the first jean design made by a Devcoiner
the first T-shirt design made by a Devcoiner
the first suit design made by a Devcoiner
the first bulletproof gear made by a Devcoiner
the first Hot Sauce made by a Devcoiner
the first Green screen video made by a Devcoiner
the first Blue screen video made by a Devcoiner
the first Green Screen background photo pack made by a Devcoiner
the first Home made vinegar, made by Devcoin
the first Devcoin "guide to reading schematics"
the first "Quantum Space lock" performed by a Devcoiner

All sensors should have a bounty for sensor creation as well as creation of measurement system (if we end up using them as bounties):
the first Voltage sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Electric Current sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Light sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Photogate sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Force sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Sound sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Motion sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Magnetic Field sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Temperature sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Oxygen sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Ph sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Conductivity sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Turbitity sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Soil Moisture sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first pulse sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first ECG sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Spirometer made by a Devcoiner
the first GSR sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Blood pressure sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Respiration sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Dynamometer made by a Devcoiner
the first UVA sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first CO2 sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Galvanic Skin Response sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Surface Temp sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Acceleration sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Speed sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Humidity sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Barometer made by a Devcoiner
the first Nitrate sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Ammonium sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Chloride sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Carbon Monoxide sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Calcium sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Salinity sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Infrared thermometer made by a Devcoiner
the first Flow sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Rotary sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first UVB sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first Calorimeter made by a Devcoiner
the first Force plate sensor made by a Devcoiner
the first  Drop Counter made by a Devcoiner
the first  sensor made by a Devcoiner

Also:
Any new Raspberry Pi use that gets discovered
An ASIC machine
A perpetual motion engine
Put a DVC commercial on TV
A Devcoin book for free on Kindle
A Devtome book for free on Kindle
A way to declare that you would like your articles to be submitted as free kindle books
A way to submit your articles to be turned into free Kindle books
A phone app that tracks DVC price
A phone app that is a DVC wallet
An app that RSSs this thread
An app for reading Devtome articles
A website that asks for emails and once a month send out a page of links to new DVC articles
A website that makes it easy to RSS any author you like on Devtome as well as Devtome in general if you want
A Devtome article designed to operate like a forum. (Home page, categories, sub categories, etc) for us to all post in
Find a publisher that will review Devtome articles
Create a Devtome magazine that people can get mailed to their house for a small DVC fee
A Devcoin facebook game, or Devtome Facebook app
A DVC memorabilia blanket
A toaster that toasts a DVC symbol in the bread
A DVC fitted hat
A DVC strap back hat
A DVC backpack
A DVC hoodie
A penini press that presses DVC symbols in the bread
Different styles of DVC T-shirt
A DVC lanyard
A DVC flag
A Podcast that says "Sponsored by Devcoin" in every episode

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:54:32 PM

I suggest a bounty for the first person that can tell us exactly what these are:
http://www.livescience.com/39411-web-structure-in-amazon-photos.html

That's simple. That's a whitehead on Earth's face.

DVC address in sig.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:25:40 AM

I suggest a bounty for:
the first new breed of cat made by a Devcoiner

http://www.cfainc.org/Breeds/NewBreedsandColors.aspx

All the information we need is there!  Cheesy
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:12:05 AM

I suggest a bounty for:

Any new Raspberry Pi use that gets discovered
An ASIC machine

I claim this bounty:

That's my R-Pi Asic machine, currently mining Devcoins. Hook me up!

198B9HJoxEbR6MwQe4jntbN6NXqZHNbkfp

The breeding idea is dumb, no offense. People who do not professionally breed dogs (or cats) should not try to be breeders. Its a little more involved than "cross breed a few breeds a few times" and will cost MUCH MUCH more than any DVC bounty could ever pay.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:21:06 AM

The breeding idea is dumb, no offense. People who do not professionally breed dogs (or cats) should not try to be breeders. Its a little more involved than "cross breed a few breeds a few times" and will cost MUCH MUCH more than any DVC bounty could ever pay.

How the hell do you think people become professionals? Practice makes perfect.
shakezula

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:21:57 AM

Do you breed?
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:23:39 AM

Do you breed?

Plants. I have the base genetics for a new strain of MJ.
shakezula

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:35:18 AM

Do you breed?

Plants are a good place to start. Plant crossbreeding and canine eugenics are two very different things. I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying science, but this country doesn't need anymore doggles that aren't getting taken care of. Dog breeding isn't a "hobby," its a full time gig.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:36:24 AM

Do you breed?

Plants are a good place to start. Plant crossbreeding and canine eugenics are two very different things. I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying science, but this country doesn't need anymore doggles that aren't getting taken care of. Dog breeding isn't a "hobby," its a full time gig.

I wasn't suggesting people do it willy nilly. The goal of bounties is to help you continue forward on the project, correct?
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:47:01 AM

If we really want people to hold why don't we convert to PoW/PoS?
shakezula

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:47:32 AM

Do you breed?

I wasn't suggesting people do it willy nilly. The goal of bounties is to help you continue forward on the project, correct?

Yes, you're right, but to successfully breed a new dog takes many generations. Its not like you can just get a daschund to mate with a labrador and get a daschador out of it. You have to have a litter, choose specimens which have your feature traits, start over with other dogs of the same original breed stock and do it again, and again. You have to account for ALL of the puppies, and you can't just call it good if one litter "looks right." You've got to go back and rebreed, and let them age to see if genetic defects become apparent, etc.

I know there are some very ambitious bounties on the list but I still feel the same. Dog breeding's beyond the scope of DVC bounties--we should certainly encourage science (it should be a huge focus, DEV doesn't mean writer) but encouraging reckless breeding for DVC is just bad in general.

Good place to start with plants though, if you do breed a successful fourth phenotype of marijuana you should get a nice big bounty of DVC.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:14:46 AM

Do you breed?

Yes, you're right, but to successfully breed a new dog takes many generations. Its not like you can just get a daschund to mate with a labrador and get a daschador out of it. You have to have a litter, choose specimens which have your feature traits, start over with other dogs of the same original breed stock and do it again, and again. You have to account for ALL of the puppies, and you can't just call it good if one litter "looks right." You've got to go back and rebreed, and let them age to see if genetic defects become apparent, etc.

I know there are some very ambitious bounties on the list but I still feel the same. Dog breeding's beyond the scope of DVC bounties--we should certainly encourage science (it should be a huge focus, DEV doesn't mean writer) but encouraging reckless breeding for DVC is just bad in general.

Good place to start with plants though, if you do breed a successful fourth phenotype of marijuana you should get a nice big bounty of DVC.

I thought that the name of that "inbreeding for good" was crossbreeding. Maybe I am wrong.

And how is dog breeding "out of the DVC range" but building a rocket seems ok. lol.
shakezula

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:16:33 AM

And how is dog breeding "out of the DVC range" but building a rocket seems ok. lol.

Because unwanted rockets don't still need to be fed and taken out for potty Cheesy
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:22:28 AM

Well, if anyone can suggest a bounty then I will to!

I propose a 12 share bounty for a devcoin exchange and marketplace, sort of like bitmit except you can deposit bitcoin or litecoin and trade them for devcoin.

I'm working on adding it to tagcoin exchange... many different fiat's can be deposited (FinCen regulated) and tagcoin/bitcoin/devcoin would be traded.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:24:56 AM

If we really want people to hold why don't we convert to PoW/PoS?

please explain.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:26:04 AM

Because unwanted rockets don't still need to be fed and taken out for potty Cheesy

They require MUCH more storage funds though. So I think it more than evens out.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:53:01 AM

I takes time to evaluate bounties, so only two bounties per month by someone will be looked at, and the bounty description has to be at least 50 words.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:38:24 AM

I would be interested in working on this for a DVC bounty, but my suggestions are a big change to the project and we'd need some consensus.  

I'm proposing a dismantling of Devtome and a re-packaging of its content onto separate websites.  These will be more reader friendly, more search engine friendly and more advertiser friendly.  

That's the strength of Devtome, the content, and the 'packaging' of that content is very important.

I can do this work in two stages:

Stage 1:  Planning

To start I would decide how Devtomes content would be best divided up to be commercially viable on a blog network.  At a quick glance I can see the e-currency section with some articles from the Computing section would work well together on a single website.  Also the health section looks strong enough to have its own website.  Each individual website will need to have enough content to be viable, so the content in some isolated and thinly populated categories may not be able to be used at first.  Once I've divided it all up and done some keyword research for search terms we should aim to rank for and found some good domain names to use I can proceed to the next stage, which is:

Stage 2:  Execution
Register the domain names, install wordpress on them.  I would need help making the designs look snazzy as I am not a web designer, but I can find decent free wordpress themes to get started with.  I would then go about removing the articles from Devtome and publish them onto the new Devcoin powered blog network.  Google likes it when a site has new content added regularly, so re-publishing the articles approximately one per day over the course of a few months would be best.  (Devtome of course does have regular content added, which is great, but its lack of topic-focus makes it hard for the search engines to categorise).  New content would still be needed all the time as per usual to keep growing the blogs.  I would also be able to provide the lists of keywords we would be aiming to rank for in the search engines to Devtomers and explain in detail how to go about link building to build highly targeted organic search traffic.  Once traffic builds, I can put up Google Adsense (have done this lots of times before) and we can use the revenue to do whatever we think we should.  I'd recommend waiting 2-3 months before putting up any ads to let traffic build first.

If people want me to go ahead with this, please voice your opinions.  It is a big project and I am willing to do it for a bounty.
I've particularly thought the avenue of a portal focusing on cryptos would work. There's a lot of info on devtome - in the e-currency, cryptos, business and companies categories - that would suit a single crypto site, as well as more personal articles written on various experiences of learning/buying/selling/trading/blogging. These could offer a regular supplement to the more info/data orientated posts. With the incentive of targeted traffic and interest (and perhaps an adjusted compensation in a crypto - devcoin) that could be a good catalyst to capture greater interest as a differentiation vs other blogs in an area (e-money in general) that's only just really beginning and in my opinion will prove to have significant overlap with just about every aspect of life whether we like it or not.

The particular focus of a devcoin orientated site, with no particular bias towards including or precluding information/promotion of any particular currency or concept may also prove interesting to the competition (not sure whether that will longer-term prove to be a restriction or limiter of success - people like to stick to their biases). Such an approach broadened out would also move further along the road of building self-sustaining revenue streams, freeing up resources to plough back into further endeavours.

As you infer, an information repository has been slowly but surely building - I agree it's time to optimise it and garner greater recognition of the possibilities. I'm not sure all/every topic would work in that format, but it does offer the significant advantage of more likely promoting sub-teams of people with similar interests taking a greater focus on marketing/writing/advertising/vetting. There's more room for trial and error - what works/doesn't can be mutually discussed/utilised with the underlying driver of mutual success as devcoin projects ensuring better finessing.

I was thinking basically the same thing after I wrote this post.  Blogs might not work for all the categories, and plus if I did this just for cypto-computing-interenet articles that would be a good trial of this idea.
tagbond

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:49:51 PM

I am now looking at other cryptos to list on the exchange at tagbond, and to integrate to the platform in general. I am looking for fairly created coins that will help build the membership base at Tagbond.

Can you let me know why I should add Devcoin, any advantages or disadvantages to us.

Someminir

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:06:08 PM

You could implement a Tagbond kind of system.
By letting people "chip in" on a bounty. (Somewhat like the point system)

Maybe even combine it with a bit of "kickstarter" and you'll get a system which allows people to submit their ideas and get rewards for it.
I think this could be a nice addition to Matt608's idea.

Just my 2cents

I'm quite tired so i might be rambling

Ltc:  LXdWrHFVZEkckdoh2JAcbgesafyygszHgW
Earn Devcoins by Writing Dvc: 1Bh1Ts7maUWRGtKYv5XPz38uAocR9FVVdw
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: