Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827249 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:05:49 PM

I don't suppose one of you cool dudes would want to send me a Blue or Red Fury stick for development? I'm getting more and more users asking for support but I currently have no hardware to test with. I had a free one on the way but it had to be used as a replacement for a paying customer.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:39:06 PM

I love Multiminer but I am getting tired of coinchoose. Too many messages that the API is not working.

But worst, coinchoose chooses to ignore many of the new sha256 altcoins such as UNO, DEM and many more  Angry. Maybe that is why it is called coinchoose. That sucks. Instead it should compare all of them, like Coinwarz does. Is coinchoose too lazy or is it ignoring those for political reasons?

Any chances that Coinwarz could be used as the backend?

Truth is the new hatespeech.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:48:20 PM

Just an idea for your next update to have options to use profitability over different sites. To have a custom option to setup each one and then all the user does it set that option to use that profitability site.

coinchoose

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

http://www.wheretomine.com/

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:57:32 AM

I love Multiminer but I am getting tired of coinchoose. Too many messages that the API is not working.

But worst, coinchoose chooses to ignore many of the new sha256 altcoins such as UNO, DEM and many more  Angry. Maybe that is why it is called coinchoose. That sucks. Instead it should compare all of them, like Coinwarz does. Is coinchoose too lazy or is it ignoring those for political reasons?

Just an idea for your next update to have options to use profitability over different sites. To have a custom option to setup each one and then all the user does it set that option to use that profitability site.

coinchoose

The problem is, as it always has been, that most sites don't provide an API for getting the pricing information. CoinChoose does.

It looks like CoinWarz does now as well, but it is paid. If I added support for CoinWarz you guys would be limited to 1-call-per-hour, or you would have to pay CoinWarz. See here:

http://www.coinwarz.com/v1/api/documentation

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:03:55 AM

coinchoose

The problem is, as it always has been, that most sites don't provide an API for getting the pricing information. CoinChoose does.

It looks like CoinWarz does now as well, but it is paid. If I added support for CoinWarz you guys would be limited to 1-call-per-hour, or you would have to pay CoinWarz. See here:

http://www.coinwarz.com/v1/api/documentation

That first paid tier isn't bad. 300 calls per day. If you check every 5 mins thats 288 per day so that would work. 5 min checks would mean the $20 fee lasts 173 days, just under 6 months
If you use a higher time check it lasts even longer.

I would pay $20 for the API key if it meant using CoinWarz with all the additional coins it offers over Coinchoose which barely works as it is.

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 02:07:38 AM

That first paid tier isn't bad. 300 calls per day. If you check every 5 mins thats 288 per day so that would work. 5 min checks would mean the $20 fee lasts 173 days, just under 6 months

I would pay $20 for the API key if it meant using CoinWarz with all the additional coins it offers over Coinchoose which barely works as it is.

Thank you - this is the sort of feedback I am looking for. If you guys are willing to go by the API limits of CoinWarz I'd be happy to add support.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:57:34 PM

Version 1.3.47 is now available as a pre-release.

• Fixed errors with cgminer 3.8+ (due to their no longer shipping cgminer-nogpu)
  • BFL ASICs officially supported
  • Errors communicating with the MobileMiner API are now displayed as notifications

fufo

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:03:16 PM

Hi mi friends,
Actually  my multiminer said "process crashes" 1 or 2 time per day, after this I read a message that said, cgminer.exe had stop working.
If I don't touch ok the minning process doesn 't restart automatically.
I'm using windows 7 with  12.8 drivers, last version of multiminer and cgminer 3.6.6.
Any idea??
What could be the reason of my crashess ??
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 08:22:30 PM

Actually  my multiminer said "process crashes" 1 or 2 time per day, after this I read a message that said, cgminer.exe had stop working.
If I don't touch ok the minning process doesn 't restart automatically.

Check the option to "Restart sick/dead/frozen/crashed miners" under Settings to have MultiMiner automatically restart them.

fufo

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:55:24 PM

I have ticked: restart/sick death/frozen/ crashed miners and detect orphaned miners.
Despite of this when windows show the message error that said cgminer had stop working, multiminer do not restart automatically untill I am in front of the computer and I select ok to the message errror.
Here I have the parrameters I use to start cgminer in multiminer:
-I 20 --auto-fan --temp-target 65 --gpu-engine 1080,1080,1022,1100 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500,1450,1500 --shaders 2048 --worksize 256 -g 1 -v 1 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 24000

Any other idea??
Thank you very much for your help
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:32:05 AM

Thank you - this is the sort of feedback I am looking for. If you guys are willing to go by the API limits of CoinWarz I'd be happy to add support.

Would it be legal to use a proxy for this? It could be a simple process running somewhere, using the paid Coinwarz API and publishing a simple "XYZ" on a webpage every 5 minutes which happens to be the most profitable coin. Multiminer could then check that page instead of Coinwarz directly.

Then only 1 API needs to be paid...which could be done via donations

Truth is the new hatespeech.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:46:03 AM

Would it be legal to use a proxy for this? It could be a simple process running somewhere, using the paid Coinwarz API and publishing a simple "XYZ" on a webpage every 5 minutes which happens to be the most profitable coin. Multiminer could then check that page instead of Coinwarz directly.

Then only 1 API needs to be paid...which could be done via donations

Someone would have to pay for the hosting, storage, and bandwidth for that, in addition to paying for the Coinwarz API usage. Plus it just seems shady.

sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 03:25:27 PM

What part of my site doesn't work? Smiley  I was on parity with CoinWarz on coins and should be syncing back up tonight (had a few coins had to deal with daemon issues but now all is good).

Part of my issue is I just haven't had time to update the daemons - which is why I am looking for either someone to help or to sell the site (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332755.new#new).  But happy to fix what is wrong now and get it back in sync.
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:36:30 AM

What part of my site doesn't work? Smiley  I was on parity with CoinWarz on coins and should be syncing back up tonight (had a few coins had to deal with daemon issues but now all is good).

Part of my issue is I just haven't had time to update the daemons - which is why I am looking for either someone to help or to sell the site (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332755.new#new).  But happy to fix what is wrong now and get it back in sync.

The problem is your site may work now as of you writing that post but coins dissappear very regularly on cc which makes it very inconsistant.  I know you have said several times that you don't have enough time and are looking for help but until the site works for a week without an issue it's hardly working 100%.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 01:51:38 AM

Part of my issue is I just haven't had time to update the daemons - which is why I am looking for either someone to help or to sell the site (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332755.new#new).  But happy to fix what is wrong now and get it back in sync.

The problem is your site may work now as of you writing that post but coins dissappear very regularly on cc which makes it very inconsistant.  I know you have said several times that you don't have enough time and are looking for help but until the site works for a week without an issue it's hardly working 100%.

Understood.  If it helps, I am now handling the downed block explorers in a different manner such that coins won't disappear and just implemented a few tuning items that should increased the frequency of updates.  I suspect much of your issues will no longer occur.
fusioncoins

Activity: 590

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:48:11 PM

Hi man.
I installed on windows 8 but  Multiminer can't find any devices.
I have an AMD Radeon 7700

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:44:09 PM

Hi man.
I installed on windows 8 but  Multiminer can't find any devices.
I have an AMD Radeon 7700

Are you using cgminer or bfgminer? cgminer no longer supports GPU mining. If you are using bfgminer run the following from the command line:

Code:
bfgminer -d? -S opencl:auto

If this does not show your GPUs you cannot mine with them without taking further steps such as installing drivers.

crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:21:29 PM

Some help needed cant seem to get gpus running and also running usbs at same time  gpus start up usbs detected and start then stop anyideas to solve please

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 08:26:42 PM

Some help needed cant seem to get gpus running and also running usbs at same time  gpus start up usbs detected and start then stop anyideas to solve please

Are you running cgminer or bfgminer? Any errors or output?

crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:30:47 PM

Are you running cgminer or bfgminer? Any errors or output?

bfgminer I had one error pop up saying about settings saying about dissabled options but fixed that. I have noticed one problem.

in GPU mining you have the configuration settings for the Blue Fury miners. Turning GPU mining off The Blue Furys are not detected and GPU mining is needed to be allowed. However I can not seem to get all 3 working together. So far got gpud and eruptors working however Blues wont.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: