Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 941449 times)
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:54:29 AM

Found weekly sma200 (195 bars actually, close to maturity). And this line is what price hit last 5 months. If it break down - imagine resistance it will become   Lips sealed

So what's the consensus Luc? 
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:11:25 AM

That sma is a great outstanding support so far. Hope it will be for next years.

However technicians of gold and euro (us dollar generally) suggest dollar will probably rally soon. This makes me unsure will this support survive or not.

Since when did bitcoin correlate to moves in usd?

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

However technicians of gold and euro (us dollar generally) suggest dollar will probably rally soon. This makes me unsure will this support survive or not.

yep its confirmed..

QE4 Arrives: Mystery Drone Rains Money On People In Michigan, Cash-Grabbing Frenzy Ensues
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/qe4-arrives-mystery-drone-rains-money-people-michigan-cash-grabbing-frenzy-ensues

Grin
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:38:52 PM

yep its confirmed..

QE4 Arrives: Mystery Drone Rains Money On People In Michigan, Cash-Grabbing Frenzy Ensues
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/qe4-arrives-mystery-drone-rains-money-people-michigan-cash-grabbing-frenzy-ensues

Grin

meanwhile the 'IBM Cloud' rains bitcoins on south america:

(click image for IBMs ad video)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:30:12 PM

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:40:20 AM

That actually correlates quite well

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:36:04 AM

so people sells bitcoin to buy dollar, the next big thing. ^^

imho it is indeed very likely that we will witness a rising of the dollar, probably in a last attempt at staking the most value the US can before the debt crisis and some final fireworks. exciting.

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:47:06 AM

2 orange lines above and below BTC price? What are they?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:44:42 AM

2 orange lines above and below BTC price? What are they?

Oil and DBC

Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:00:02 PM

I've seen a lot of talk on the rise of USD and US stocks and suggestions of an expected bear turn (at some point, not sure when?). TBH, i don't keep up with USD trends or US financial markets. What i've picked up from all i've come across, is an impending poof! USD, US stocks and possibly other central bank fueled artificial valuations.

Can anyone here confirm how true this is? And possibly some guesstimates on when this poof! might occur?

Can the US really go back into another recession? resembling 2007 magnitude? I am really out of sync.

Also, USD vs local currency rates in East, SOuth and West AFrica - KES, TZ, UG, Naira, Rand, CEdi are all losing value partly due to the dollar appreciates. SO, i have even more reasons to keep track of this possibility.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:03:40 PM

Analysis is everyone sold already, price is kept up by people buying on margin and overleveraging without a real support structure below them. The average bitcoiner always looked bad at traders shorting his precious, but the real problem was done by those who overleveraged the shit out of this when there was no market demand. GJ everyone

And about the USD recession, banks are about to increase interest rates so gl with that.
realdos

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

If this support finally fails and become a resistance, is the prediction you made about a long silent period of 1 - 1.5 years still valid? Or likely a much longer silent period is expected since this support is broken?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:22:03 PM

I've seen a lot of talk on the rise of USD and US stocks and suggestions of an expected bear turn (at some point, not sure when?). TBH, i don't keep up with USD trends or US financial markets. What i've picked up from all i've come across, is an impending poof! USD, US stocks and possibly other central bank fueled artificial valuations.

Can anyone here confirm how true this is? And possibly some guesstimates on when this poof! might occur?

Can the US really go back into another recession? resembling 2007 magnitude? I am really out of sync.

Also, USD vs local currency rates in East, SOuth and West AFrica - KES, TZ, UG, Naira, Rand, CEdi are all losing value partly due to the dollar appreciates. SO, i have even more reasons to keep track of this possibility.

I know things look bad on USD terms, and while I believe there is impending doom in US financial markets, I don't see and end of USD any time soon. The USG won't relinquish that power yet. They are a huge part of the over inflation on stocks. Once they let up, stocks will plummet and all will be well. At least for a bear like me. Tongue

HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:23:26 AM

It would be nice to see a correlation coefficient if someone wanted to figure it out.  Sometimes correlation can be a bit decieving when just eyeballing a chart.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:19:01 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 01:41:35 AM by thefiniteidea

I know things look bad on USD terms, and while I believe there is impending doom in US financial markets, I don't see and end of USD any time soon. The USG won't relinquish that power yet. They are a huge part of the over inflation on stocks. Once they let up, stocks will plummet and all will be well. At least for a bear like me. Tongue

Based on known sentiment and voting patterns, we will have a dovish FOMC well into 2016. I can't really see any bear market until 2017, 2018 because of that fact... but that's just me. It really all depends on unemployment figures, though. But even the way economies rely on labor incomes is radically changing, so it's hard to say with as much certainty anymore when the bull ends and bear begins (sounds like a good Radiohead song).

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-minutes-june-rate-hike-doubtful-1432144801
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102569651

More on the voting members of the Fed:
http://chandlerasset.com/blog/2014/09/rotation-at-the-fed-what-does-it-mean-for-policy-in-2015/
https://www.briefing.com/investor/our-view/the-big-picture/meet-your-new-fomc.htm
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:54:45 AM

It would be nice to see a correlation coefficient if someone wanted to figure it out.  Sometimes correlation can be a bit decieving when just eyeballing a chart.

Here you go...

Correlation coefficient between daily close of BTC/USD and DXY, over a rolling 365 day window (right click for full resolution)

To my (untrained) eyes, it does look like there could be evidence for an inverse relationship between the two currencies (we're approaching a coefficient of -1), however:

(1) BTC/USD itself is measured against the dollar, our second variable. The effect we see could (mostly) be the dollar appreciating and everything else depreciating. Which wouldn't be a particularly interesting observation, for the purpose of prediction.

(2) Before 2014, there's evidence for a positive relationship between the two (strong positive coefficient). It's only since the beginning of the 2014/2015/... bear market that the coefficient turned negative.

Those two points together, i.e. during bull market, positive relation, during bear market, negative relation, makes me think that, at least by the superficial analysis I can do, I don't have much reason to assume the two are correlated in a meaningful way.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:58:17 AM

Did they let up NIRP in Japan? How long can you wait?
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:09:54 PM

Correlation coefficient between daily close of BTC/USD and DXY, over a rolling 365 day window (right click for full resolution)

To my (untrained) eyes, it does look like there could be evidence for an inverse relationship between the two currencies (we're approaching a coefficient of -1), however:

(1) BTC/USD itself is measured against the dollar, our second variable. The effect we see could (mostly) be the dollar appreciating and everything else depreciating. Which wouldn't be a particularly interesting observation, for the purpose of prediction.

(2) Before 2014, there's evidence for a positive relationship between the two (strong positive coefficient). It's only since the beginning of the 2014/2015/... bear market that the coefficient turned negative.

Those two points together, i.e. during bull market, positive relation, during bear market, negative relation, makes me think that, at least by the superficial analysis I can do, I don't have much reason to assume the two are correlated in a meaningful way.

Thanks.  I'm sure it will negatively correlate until it doesnt.  I agree in that correlation may not be useful here.  The dollar has not gained 200x or had a 90% drop in the past few years like bitcoin has.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Afrikoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:48:26 PM

"""But if I had to oversimplify with just one idea, it would be what I just alluded to a moment ago—that people are not confident in their future. They remember the financial crisis, and they worry. They hear about inequality through the Occupy Wall Street Movement and in many other places, and they worry where they will fall on the inequality spectrum in a decade or so. They observe the amazing but perhaps unsettling rise of information technology (IT), and they worry. As a result of all of this anxiety, they want to save more. But given the lack of options to invest in at a high return, they end up just bidding up the prices of existing assets. That, in turn, creates disappointment, more concern, and perhaps the feeling that they might be too late because of how much the market has already risen. But they still invest in it because of their anxieties."""

Robert Shiller on http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-29/robert-shiller-unlike-1929-time-everything-stocks-bonds-and-housing-overvalued

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:34:14 AM

Thanks.  I'm sure it will negatively correlate until it doesnt.  I agree in that correlation may not be useful here.  The dollar has not gained 200x or had a 90% drop in the past few years like bitcoin has.

This! While Bitcoin was rallying from zero to 1200, dollar surely wasn't being dropped to stone age.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 334 »
  Print  

Jump to: