Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 941360 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:50:17 AM

I am following four bitcoin analysts who use Elliott Wave and as I read their posts here are their current positions:

masterluc - starting impulse wave 3 now
chessnut - Eight wave cycle complete
DanV - we are currently in corrective wave C experiencing a bounce but lower lows predicted
RyNinDaCleM - we are currently in corrective wave B and expects new lows

Did I misinterpret anyone's current count? Also if I missed an EW analyst you think is important link please. Thanks!

That list is true.

I'd chime in and say that masterluc and Ry have been the most accurate. Although right now they very much disagree. (tiebreaker for champion EWer of the world?).

Chessnut has gotten much better after giving up his bullish bias several months ago.

DanV has made 1 or 2 signature calls, but overall is inaccurate as hell. Smiley Sorry Dan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:42:56 AM

I am following four bitcoin analysts who use Elliott Wave and as I read their posts here are their current positions:

DanV - we are currently in corrective wave C experiencing a bounce but lower lows predicted

Did I misinterpret anyone's current count? Also if I missed an EW analyst you think is important link please. Thanks!

No misinterpretation and thanks for the props, but my counts are as follows.

#1 The Leading diagonal scenario that I have boarder line spammed this and chessnut's threads with. It is a complete count from an EW standpoint. I did make mention about the log trend line break and how it can (depending on the market reaction) change my mind about this count and lean more toward #2.

#2 The large wave-B count. This count is still on track and is only invalidated with a fall below 219.71

#3 Which I believe is the same count chessnut has as his preferred count currently. However, imo, this can only be used as a 4th wave since it's not long enough to be a 2nd. This is the only count I have that leads to new ATH's before seeing LL's.

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:06:19 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 07:19:31 AM by Fatman3001

That list is true.

I'd chime in and say that masterluc and Ry have been the most accurate. Although right now they very much disagree. (tiebreaker for champion EWer of the world?).

Chessnut has gotten much better after giving up his bullish bias several months ago.

DanV has made 1 or 2 signature calls, but overall is inaccurate as hell. Smiley Sorry Dan.

Total noob question: Is this amount and scope of hit&miss/disagreement normal with TA, or is it due to bitcoins diverse nature or perhaps its maturity?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:15:00 AM

#1 The Leading diagonal scenario that I have boarder line spammed this and chessnut's threads with. It is a complete count from an EW standpoint. I did make mention about the log trend line break and how it can (depending on the market reaction) change my mind about this count and lean more toward #2.

#2 The large wave-B count. This count is still on track and is only invalidated with a fall below 219.71

#3 Which I believe is the same count chessnut has as his preferred count currently. However, imo, this can only be used as a 4th wave since it's not long enough to be a 2nd. This is the only count I have that leads to new ATH's before seeing LL's.

A price of $260/BTC in 2017 sounds unrealistic given the block reward halving in mid 2016, the VC money that keeps pouring into the ecosystem and a probably stock market correction, a new ATH seems more likely to me than a revisit to the $200's
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:27:23 AM

Hi Ryan,

Is #2 similar to the chart you posted yesterday? That had a longer deeper II? after the B correction?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:48:08 AM

Hi Ryan,

Is #2 similar to the chart you posted yesterday? That had a longer deeper II? after the B correction?

Yes, it's pretty much the same. The lines drawn are just a path and no fibo was applied so the actual levels can change a lot depending on where the B were to get

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:58:41 AM

https://i.imgur.com/FEZW3cG.png

https://i.imgur.com/ggU8k7m.png

A price of $260/BTC in 2017 sounds unrealistic given the block reward halving in mid 2016, the VC money that keeps pouring into the ecosystem and a probably stock market correction, a new ATH seems more likely to me than a revisit to the $200's

I'm guessing you are referring to #2 and/or #3?
In #3, there would be a new ATH, but it would be the III top and the following IV would be as long or longer than this bear market and would enter the price territory of this correction. Usually close (but not a must) to the low of the previous 4 which was the $152 low from January.

In #2, there are a lot of variables that can change the bottoming date. Don't just assume that what I have drawn is indicative of where it will actually be. The note in that chart is just a guide line and may or may not be fully adhered to in actuality.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:34:59 AM

[snip]

Total noob question: Is this amount and scope of hit&miss/disagreement normal with TA, or is it due to bitcoins diverse nature or perhaps its maturity?

I'll chime in on this one, if you don't mind...

There seems to be more disagreement than usual between competent traders / analysts at the moment, but I think it's mainly because the market itself is at a 'decision point', so - anthropomorphizing the market a bit - it is in the "process of making up its mind", and therefore, more difficult to predict as well.

If you look back instead to, say, November last year, there was pretty wide agreement where we were heading.

That said, some disagreement always remains. However, I'd like to point out, it is only "hit & miss" if you look at it from the perspective of creating a complete descriptive model, e.g. what a model in an empirical field aims for, say, meteorology or weather forecasting.

However, market predictions applied to trading are crucially different, in the following ways:

- In weather forecasting, you are expected to make a prediction *every day*, and be right every day. In trading on the other hand, you don't *have* to trade when you're not sure - otherwise, you will sit in a "neutral" position, i.e. the least volatile one. The general goal is to enter a position at a point at which your (subjective) probabilities suggest a certain direction of the market, and then exit it at a profit, either at a fixed profit target, or when your subj. probabilities say the direction changes.

- As a corollary of the above: the better you are at both predicting the market direction *and* judging the accuracy of your predictions, the more profitable your trading will likely by. So, in terms of subjective probabilities, you are looking for a Calibrated probability assessment.

- Last, and maybe most importantly: profits and losses can be kept asymmetric with sufficient trading discipline. Enter: target based trading, and stop losses. It's an old trading mantra: you can be wrong 9 out of 10 times, as long as you manage to strictly limit the losses in the cases where you're wrong, and you profit sufficiently the one time you are right.

That was a bit long maybe. So here's the tl;dr: Most non-traders don't realize that trading is only one half "direction prediction". The other half is risk management. And some traders would even argue, in terms of importance, risk management comes before predictions accuracy.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:02:05 PM

[snip]

There seems to be more disagreement than usual between competent traders / analysts at the moment, but I think it's mainly because the market itself is at a 'decision point', so - anthropomorphizing the market a bit - it is in the "process of making up its mind", and therefore, more difficult to predict as well.

If you look back instead to, say, November last year, there was pretty wide agreement where we were heading.

That said, some disagreement always remains. However, I'd like to point out, it is only "hit & miss" if you look at it from the perspective of creating a complete descriptive model, e.g. what a model in an empirical field aims for, say, meteorology or weather forecasting.

However, market predictions applied to trading are crucially different, in the following ways:

- In weather forecasting, you are expected to make a prediction *every day*, and be right every day. In trading on the other hand, you don't *have* to trade when you're not sure - otherwise, you will sit in a "neutral" position, i.e. the least volatile one. The general goal is to enter a position at a point at which your (subjective) probabilities suggest a certain direction of the market, and then exit it at a profit, either at a fixed profit target, or when your subj. probabilities say the direction changes.

- As a corollary of the above: the better you are at both predicting the market direction *and* judging the accuracy of your predictions, the more profitable your trading will likely by. So, in terms of subjective probabilities, you are looking for a Calibrated probability assessment.

- Last, and maybe most importantly: profits and losses can be kept asymmetric with sufficient trading discipline. Enter: target based trading, and stop losses. It's an old trading mantra: you can be wrong 9 out of 10 times, as long as you manage to strictly limit the losses in the cases where you're wrong, and you profit sufficiently the one time you are right.

That was a bit long maybe. So here's the tl;dr: Most non-traders don't realize that trading is only one half "direction prediction". The other half is risk management. And some traders would even argue, in terms of importance, risk management comes before predictions accuracy.

+1, well said, imho it all boils down to macro environment now.

~ people making their minds whether or not leaving the euro etc...
h3speros

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 12:38:06 PM

risk management allows you to fish good opportunities, it doesn't make you bad trader if you lose in most of your trades IF you have solid risk management, winning trades can be so big that it is profitable in the long run, requires nerves of steel

only crypto market predictions, no bullshit https://twitter.com/h3speros
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:19:22 PM

@oda.krell

Thx for a very thorough and insightful answer.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
intighet

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

mene mene tekel upharsin

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:46:56 PM

oda.krell,

You come off as a seasoned trader and additionally a person who has wonderfully fine intuition about markets. So good that you have come to conclusions that I have only come across after much mathematics!

I would also like to chime in. I do not mean to seem like oda.krell's biggest fan, but their posts are some of the few substantive enough to revert out of lurker-mode!

Markets, like weather and other complex dynamic systems, are computed locally. The stochastic nature does not come from any inherent probabilistic mechanism - there is no man behind the curtain flipping coins - but rather from the emergence of many computations of individual players at any given time.

Most traders here would agree that profits are possible, that the E.M.H. is not strictly correct. That said, there are times when the market seems more predictable than others. 'Decision points', as you call them, are the times when the market is least predictable, when the equilibrium valuation requires calculated input from the maximum number of traders, and the least number of traders are 'cheating' < -- see the brief evolutionary game theory analogy in oda.krell's other thread.

Malus pro bono surrepat, et bonus pro malo displiceat; fallaces enim sunt rerum species, quibus credidimus.
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 02:21:49 PM

Luc, what do you predict the next ATH to be ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:24:43 PM

I have to wonder, if the bulls werent little premature, this growth is taking quite long. I am thankful for any updates from TA educated members.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:33:42 PM

@OP, people are talking about $1000-$1200 levels, what would you say on this?
Is it profitable to buy in at these rates & wait and watch?
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 04:14:41 PM

I don't know much about technical analysis but I remember from a book I've read that one charts that look like Bitcoin's, new bubbles will always reach ATH that are at least 3x as high as the previous one. So 3k usd seems like a modest target.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
masterluc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:16:20 PM

Big. 1200 may be compared to final ATH in final wave like 31.2 compared to 1200. But it should be in up to 7-10 years.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:22:43 PM

What conditions have to be met for the uptrend to be confirmed? (bear market over)

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:23:35 PM

Big. 1200 may be compared to final ATH in final wave like 31.2 compared to 1200. But it should be in up to 7-10 years.

So around $45,000.  Got it.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:24:09 PM

Now we're talking!  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 334 »
  Print  

Jump to: