Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:37:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:54:13 PM

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204

AMT Still listed as "AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR".

From a legal standpoint I am sure that is still the case. They cant just terminate the relationship without going through whatever hoops they need to to make it happen. I imagine contracts were signed and such. It's an obvious business arrangement that can't simply be dropped like that. There might be a clause to publickly advertise them on their respective sites. Just the nature of the way things are. But usually that stuff is standard.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:58:23 PM

If Giorgio doesn't want to cooperate with the community, well then Bitmine's name will be smeared along with AMT's. This isn't a threat, just the reality of what happens when you associate with a fraud, and not try to make things right after learning this.

LOL guys, I think you have it all wrong, Bitmine and Giorgios credibility with the community is already in the toilet. Have you actually spent any time in the bitmine thread?

Well that sucks....

PS Looks like today is the day this thread hits 200 pages.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:04:09 PM

Reputation alone can hurt. At the moment its a crowded space. The only players who will win out are the ones who deliver and can provide superior customer service. This community may be a bit contentious at times, but it appears to be effective getting results from vendors. The successful ones have been the ones who have set correct expectations and have not misled their customers. My initial assessment when I came on here was that those people flaming the company were trolls. I still hold that opinion about the people who have nothing to contribute but trash talk. But there have been some who when looking further have contributed details that were relevant in outing the companies business practices. The important thing here is to sort the fact from fiction and ignore the totally useless crap. Then you get a real picture of whats going on. Misleading statements, unfulfilled promises and in that manner a consistent patter of both, that's generally the red flag.

AMT lost the trust of the community when they decided to attack it and "punish" customers from is evidenced on the emailed interactions on more than one person. Throwing customers under the bus isn't helpful. Having the support of a few people is not enough. The feedback is clear. Communicate clearly and honestly. MEET your expectations. I will repeat this in the hopes that they see it and actually deliver on that. The failure here was that AMT clearly seems to have decided to abandon communications. Now the community is starting to mobilize against them.

They clearly are not a scam just apparently horribly mismanaged from a public perspective, but they are in sore need a of a PR person to handle communications. A social media community manager. They have a facebook, twitter and even a skype account. And their own blog. None of which are being used to full effect in my opinion.

This situation now has everyone watching them and putting them under the microscope. Sadly tho with some people this needs to happen to get them to right themselves. There was plenty of feedback early on that might have helped avoid all this.

Look into Joshua Zipkin's other start-ups, and how he's manipulated their social media pages to look favorable with fake likes and +1's. With that said, I wouldn't trust much from AMT in that respect.
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:07:46 PM

I gotta admit, because of this thread I got a much bigger picture of the mining manufacturing community. Thanks to those who provided valuable info you know who you are. Getting the info and who the players are and their apparent levity with peoples money.

Seems like right now the only players that will win are the ones who deliver AND provide customer service.....and seem to have their own forums. I think most people can understand a late product. But not beign told why its late or moreover not telling them anything just riles them up.

So taking a tally how many are actively requesting refunds now?
How many actually have hardware in hand?
How many have a tracking number?

opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:15:03 PM

Reputation alone can hurt. At the moment its a crowded space. The only players who will win out are the ones who deliver and can provide superior customer service. This community may be a bit contentious at times, but it appears to be effective getting results from vendors. The successful ones have been the ones who have set correct expectations and have not misled their customers. My initial assessment when I came on here was that those people flaming the company were trolls. I still hold that opinion about the people who have nothing to contribute but trash talk. But there have been some who when looking further have contributed details that were relevant in outing the companies business practices. The important thing here is to sort the fact from fiction and ignore the totally useless crap. Then you get a real picture of whats going on. Misleading statements, unfulfilled promises and in that manner a consistent patter of both, that's generally the red flag.

AMT lost the trust of the community when they decided to attack it and "punish" customers from is evidenced on the emailed interactions on more than one person. Throwing customers under the bus isn't helpful. Having the support of a few people is not enough. The feedback is clear. Communicate clearly and honestly. MEET your expectations. I will repeat this in the hopes that they see it and actually deliver on that. The failure here was that AMT clearly seems to have decided to abandon communications. Now the community is starting to mobilize against them.

They clearly are not a scam just apparently horribly mismanaged from a public perspective, but they are in sore need a of a PR person to handle communications. A social media community manager. They have a facebook, twitter and even a skype account. And their own blog. None of which are being used to full effect in my opinion.

This situation now has everyone watching them and putting them under the microscope. Sadly tho with some people this needs to happen to get them to right themselves. There was plenty of feedback early on that might have helped avoid all this.

Look into Joshua Zipkin's other start-ups, and how he's manipulated their social media pages to look favorable with fake likes and +1's. With that said, I wouldn't trust much from AMT in that respect.

Either way whatever the case, what is now is whats happening. AMT waded into this situation. But sure knowing this before going into business with them might have changed things before going into business with them. I consider it a lesson learned. Hopefully it can be righted with all parties walking away at least with what they want. I am still keeping somewhat optimistic on this.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

I gotta admit, because of this thread I got a much bigger picture of the mining manufacturing community. Thanks to those who provided valuable info you know who you are. Getting the info and who the players are and their apparent levity with peoples money.

Seems like right now the only players that will win are the ones who deliver AND provide customer service.....and seem to have their own forums. I think most people can understand a late product. But not beign told why its late or moreover not telling them anything just riles them up.

This is just a terrible business to be in.

I was banking on Bitmine to deliver.  I had a bias that the Swiss would be meticulous enough to get things correct.  Unfortunately, that was an extremely costly decision.  Bitmine will need to drop the prices of their chips by 1/4 to be viable.

Cointerra appeared to have the pedigree to deliver,  however, I don't think this space has any room for high-end stuff.  Cointerra is high-end, they will have to do something about their current price...at $6,000 for 2 Th/S ... it won't ROI.

Bitmain is flooding the market with cheap 55nm based systems and it looks like they've got the best prices today. Nobody is competitive with them.

HashFast looks like history... they got a ton of lawsuits they need to deal with.

BFL is history... their solution is too expensive.

Strange the Bitfury isn't competitive with Bitmain.   

Anyway,  this is a lousy business to be in.  Too many players,  technology obsoletes too quickly,  you need to deliver fast and cheaply.   

At this time Bitmain is 20% of the network and Cointerra is at 6%.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:33:26 PM

No kidding. That pretty much speaks volumes. Time is money and bitmain capitalized on both. They also played it smart. in hand orders only. No pre-order crap at least now anyway. Not sure about past performance.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:34:45 PM

I also see AMT 1.2T miners on ebay, I am not so sure if these are really "Fakes". Why would a guy with that many positive feedbacks be selling fake miners?

Link?

nvm found it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-AMT-bitcoin-miner-1-2-T-in-hand-Ready-to-ship-/281276808626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d677db2

Take a close look at the photo Its actually using AMT's photo that they posted. Not his miner and he is selling it for 15.5k. For starters that price is insane. Secondly if he truly has the miner in hand why not take a picture and post that instead? Show all 3 miners or at least his set up instead of AMT's. Suspicious to say the least. Too many red flags to consider.

And considering his feedback shows he has shipped defective crap to people in the past. That again in itself is a red flag.

Having high feedback on ebay does not always mean much. How much of that is negative vs positive in a period of time tho is what ultimately matters. 

Those photos used on eBay weren't found elsewhere, on via the seller. Ning Lu, the seller, was supposedly at AMT's office in Haveford when he snapped those pics on Jan. 21 or 22, according to his post on this forum. But, that negates the Post It note supposedly penned on the Jan. 31, 2014.

Sounds weird because the timeline doesn't fit the puzzle.

The post it note looks like it was photoshopped in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

I also see AMT 1.2T miners on ebay, I am not so sure if these are really "Fakes". Why would a guy with that many positive feedbacks be selling fake miners?

Link?

nvm found it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-AMT-bitcoin-miner-1-2-T-in-hand-Ready-to-ship-/281276808626?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d677db2

Take a close look at the photo Its actually using AMT's photo that they posted. Not his miner and he is selling it for 15.5k. For starters that price is insane. Secondly if he truly has the miner in hand why not take a picture and post that instead? Show all 3 miners or at least his set up instead of AMT's. Suspicious to say the least. Too many red flags to consider.

And considering his feedback shows he has shipped defective crap to people in the past. That again in itself is a red flag.

Having high feedback on ebay does not always mean much. How much of that is negative vs positive in a period of time tho is what ultimately matters.  

Those photos used on eBay weren't found elsewhere, on via the seller. Ning Lu, the seller, was supposedly at AMT's office in Haveford when he snapped those pics on Jan. 21 or 22, according to his post on this forum. But, that negates the Post It note supposedly penned on the Jan. 31, 2014.

Sounds weird because the timeline doesn't fit the puzzle.

Real odd. But overall just weird. Didn't see that post. Would be the first person we know of to actually set foot in their office.

But again he also could have taken pictures of the miner in different locations or in use to show it works. But damn at 15k? that's insane. Plus if its based on the coincraft hardwware, then its already defective from the getgo if its using rev1 hardware which has that power issue (just glanced at details for this issue). Looks like an ordinary PC case tho. Nothing like the ones on the main AMT page. Looks like a coolermaster PC case I own.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:17:14 PM

the not so funny thing is... AMT will come on this board and state some more lies soon and everyone will right back at their feet groveling for their miner or refund and kissing their asses.

Like I said...talk is cheap. I agree that might happen. They have consistently not delivered on their promises in this official forum. Even an honest update at this point will be viewed with suspicion until they PROVE they are shipping miners. Honestly they should do what a couple of other mining companies did. BFL and cointerra highlighted a couple of their Pick Up At the office orders and made a blog showing this with pics and all. And maybe a user who is already known on here might go a long way and can vet towards alleviating some of the PR pain they have been dealing with. I'm just saying they could use the positive press because the silence is turning into a potentially costly mess for them.

Actual delivery of hardware will go a long way. That really is the only way for them to regain any credibility with the overall community.

Their supplier Bitmine is having trouble delivering.  The revision 3 boards are still 2-3 weeks away.

AMT has inventory that is just sitting there that's not deliverable.   They've got photos of the units, but I've never seen a photo of a working unit.   At best, they have all the parts and nothing that works!

BTW.... has anyone order just the coincraft A1 chips from them?  They've claimed delivery.
If they still have all the parts and chips that would be a best case scenario. At worst Josh did what he said he was going to do in early February.
Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

It's entirely possible they assumed the Bitmine design was good and just mounted all the chips onto boards before they realized they were going to have issues.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

the not so funny thing is... AMT will come on this board and state some more lies soon and everyone will right back at their feet groveling for their miner or refund and kissing their asses.

Like I said...talk is cheap. I agree that might happen. They have consistently not delivered on their promises in this official forum. Even an honest update at this point will be viewed with suspicion until they PROVE they are shipping miners. Honestly they should do what a couple of other mining companies did. BFL and cointerra highlighted a couple of their Pick Up At the office orders and made a blog showing this with pics and all. And maybe a user who is already known on here might go a long way and can vet towards alleviating some of the PR pain they have been dealing with. I'm just saying they could use the positive press because the silence is turning into a potentially costly mess for them.

Actual delivery of hardware will go a long way. That really is the only way for them to regain any credibility with the overall community.

Their supplier Bitmine is having trouble delivering.  The revision 3 boards are still 2-3 weeks away.

AMT has inventory that is just sitting there that's not deliverable.   They've got photos of the units, but I've never seen a photo of a working unit.   At best, they have all the parts and nothing that works!

BTW.... has anyone order just the coincraft A1 chips from them?  They've claimed delivery.
If they still have all the parts and chips that would be a best case scenario. At worst Josh did what he said he was going to do in early February.
Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

It's entirely possible they assumed the Bitmine design was good and just mounted all the chips onto boards before they realized they were going to have issues.

Can't you remove the chips even after you surface mount them?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:28:27 PM

Hey Guys,

More to come...

I agree that certainly is possible. In fact very likely. BUT the problem is them not communicating that to us. If they had just said, guys there is a delay with the hardware due to X, instead of getting into a debate with detractors (which there always will be no matter what), and just focusing on updates to customers and actually serving the customers, things would not be where they are now. It is possible to manage a community without having moderation powers. They just had to properly speak to the community. Now they went silent on all fronts. This is really bad for business and bad for all of us too. Might be their way of "punishing" us? maybe but an action like that does not come without a financial consequence down the road.

Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:37:39 PM

This is just a terrible business to be in.

I was banking on Bitmine to deliver.  I had a bias that the Swiss would be meticulous enough to get things correct.  Unfortunately, that was an extremely costly decision.  Bitmine will need to drop the prices of their chips by 1/4 to be viable.

Cointerra appeared to have the pedigree to deliver,  however, I don't think this space has any room for high-end stuff.  Cointerra is high-end, they will have to do something about their current price...at $6,000 for 2 Th/S ... it won't ROI.

Bitmain is flooding the market with cheap 55nm based systems and it looks like they've got the best prices today. Nobody is competitive with them.

HashFast looks like history... they got a ton of lawsuits they need to deal with.

BFL is history... their solution is too expensive.

Strange the Bitfury isn't competitive with Bitmain.   

Anyway,  this is a lousy business to be in.  Too many players,  technology obsoletes too quickly,  you need to deliver fast and cheaply.   

At this time Bitmain is 20% of the network and Cointerra is at 6%.

actually, technobit dropped their price a lot.  at least for the new hex16B rev.2 60GH boards they just announced.  $260 for rated 60GH, which gets 69-70GH, inst all that bad.  It's MUCH better than the $700 they were charging for the 40GH rev.1 hex16B boards.   I thin they actually are paying attention to the mining situation, and see that people will not continue to pay $10-20/gh.  

$4.33/gh from technobit is very competitive.  It's a lower price point than the ant s1, so folks that don't have the $600 to put into a s1, can get a decent setup for about half the price.  This is typical pricing breakdown.  you tend to, or should get a better deal, when you are making a larger investment.

The mining community is slowly, but surely, wising up.  The low-hanging fruit, or suckers, are mostly gone.  They've been burned and if that didnt sour them to the whole cryptocurrency game, are now shopping for hardware with their eyes wide open.  Sure some overpriced hardware will continue to sell, but it's not the wide open feeding freezy it was a few months ago.

The vendors of TH and up equipment, are going to have to come more in line with Bitmain's pricing, or they won't have the sales to remain in business.  a 1.2TH should cost no more than $3600.  If you are paying more than that in the current market, you're throwing away your money.
Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:38:53 PM

Their supplier Bitmine is having trouble delivering.  The revision 3 boards are still 2-3 weeks away.

AMT has inventory that is just sitting there that's not deliverable.   They've got photos of the units, but I've never seen a photo of a working unit.   At best, they have all the parts and nothing that works!

BTW.... has anyone order just the coincraft A1 chips from them?  They've claimed delivery.
Hey Guys,

More to come...

Yes.  that's what heat guns and de-soldering tools are for.  Nothing is permanent.  just have to be careful.

BTW.... woot!  first post on page 200!!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:39:27 PM

Hey Guys,

More to come...

You can, though it can be time consuming and hence expensive. It's generally only viable for the expensive parts though, so if they did that they not only had to pay for assembly, but most of the other parts wouldn't be worth salvaging as it would just be cheaper to rebuy them.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:42:01 PM

Hey Guys,

More to come...

At $100 per chip?     Actually if you have one of those heating elements that focus light,  it wouldn't be that messy to remove the chips.   

Anyway...  this looks like a complete disaster.   Clearly they had all those systems ready to be assembled with a whole bunch of staff.   Now they got nothing.

You can, though it can be time consuming and hence expensive. It's generally only viable for the expensive parts though, so if they did that they not only had to pay for assembly, but most of the other parts wouldn't be worth salvaging as it would just be cheaper to rebuy them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:01:41 PM

They could be mining for our refunds. Let's hope that isn't the case.

Giorgio from Bitmine hasn't been much help. I PM'd him asking for an order list of what AMT has purchased from them. They wouldn't disclose that information without AMT signing off on it. Wouldn't it be something if Giorgio informed us that AMT only purchased the chips shown in the pictures?
(Insufficient amount to fulfill what was ordered from AMT).

Perhaps it's time we put some pressure on Bitmine. If they sold chips to AMT who isn't delivering or communicating, they should step up and inform the investors (us) about what was bought from them. It is their product on the line anyways, and the video of Josh and Giorgio talking about how "AMT IS THE OFFICIAL BITMINE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA" ties Bitmine to this debacle.

In other words, once Giorgio decided to star in a video with Josh claiming this: he essentially vouched for Josh to the community. Now that Josh appears to be fucking us over, Giorgio needs to step up and do the right thing.

How much would it cost me to purchase a lot of obsolete chips and have my logo stamped on them so that I would have something real to show for a photo shoot or to some walk-in?

For a video presentation, I could show some device with a fan operating on it with the wires leading up to a monitor, but what's really connected to the monitor is some other functioning miner. Any stats displayed could be easily altered, with or without any device connected, with the fan noise in the background completing the illusion.

If you are referring to his bitfury miner demo video on youtube - watch it again, you'll notice the video cuts shot when he shows the laptop monitor hashing. Therefore one can argue he could of had anything hooked up to the screen.

Regardless, we aren't disputing the hasing of the bitfury based miners : there is no evidence thus far of the 1.2TH model hashing at all.

Stan-O

Stan the Man!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:07:31 PM

They could be mining for our refunds. Let's hope that isn't the case.

Giorgio from Bitmine hasn't been much help. I PM'd him asking for an order list of what AMT has purchased from them. They wouldn't disclose that information without AMT signing off on it. Wouldn't it be something if Giorgio informed us that AMT only purchased the chips shown in the pictures?
(Insufficient amount to fulfill what was ordered from AMT).

Perhaps it's time we put some pressure on Bitmine. If they sold chips to AMT who isn't delivering or communicating, they should step up and inform the investors (us) about what was bought from them. It is their product on the line anyways, and the video of Josh and Giorgio talking about how "AMT IS THE OFFICIAL BITMINE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA" ties Bitmine to this debacle.

In other words, once Giorgio decided to star in a video with Josh claiming this: he essentially vouched for Josh to the community. Now that Josh appears to be fucking us over, Giorgio needs to step up and do the right thing.

How much would it cost me to purchase a lot of obsolete chips and have my logo stamped on them so that I would have something real to show for a photo shoot or to some walk-in?

For a video presentation, I could show some device with a fan operating on it with the wires leading up to a monitor, but what's really connected to the monitor is some other functioning miner. Any stats displayed could be easily altered, with or without any device connected, with the fan noise in the background completing the illusion.

If you are referring to his bitfury miner demo video on youtube - watch it again, you'll notice the video cuts shot when he shows the laptop monitor hashing. Therefore one can argue he could of had anything hooked up to the screen.

Regardless, we aren't disputing the hasing of the bitfury based miners : there is no evidence thus far of the 1.2TH model hashing at all.

yep.  the bitfury/technobit boards work better than advertised.  consistent 85GH for the 80GH rig. 

anybody interested in buying one?  $600 and its yours. 
RoyIvyIII

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:07:49 PM

I'm selling my AMT preorder:

Order #736, November 24, 2013
1.2TH/s Coin Miner (#AMT1200) x 2

$8000 (or bitcoin equivalent), at least 30% off AMT price, or best offer
* via wire transfer or BTC escrow
* proof of order to buyer
* full personal info exchange with buyer

Any takers? PM me.
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:11:35 PM

Sorry last one...couldn't resist!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: