Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426868 times)
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:58:17 AM

now poolers cpu miner (which cudaminer is based on) has stratum support https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.msg2451455#msg2451455
would it be easier to implement stratum in cudaminer?

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlIiTtZz

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

Thanks for this Christian; LTC coming your way as soon as I actually have some.

After careful configuration, driver upgrade (620.18 works sooo much better for me, despite others' troubles), and memory overclock, I'm pulling:
238kH/s from my dual GeForce 680Ms.

Not bad for a laptop. And it's chilling at 70degC.

I might try to hack stratum support into this if I get time. noo promises.

Nice1 {=

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:42:51 AM

if someone can get me over 180mhash for stock gtx 680 khash you'll get a finder's fee. PM me

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:08:19 AM

if someone can get me over 180mhash for stock gtx 680 khash you'll get a finder's fee. PM me
this is scrypt not sha256d

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:37:54 PM

Okay it was my AV, i've disabled it for now. As for the batch file I created it doesn't seem to be working. it keeps going to default settings.
maybe I typed it wrong?  "mining_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -o pool.de1.bigltc.stratum.cc  -p 8336"
Should be working.
My batch file looks like this:
Code:
@echo off
D:
cd \stratumproxy-ltc
mining_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -nm --host coinotron.com --port 3334
pause
And cudaMiner:
Code:
cudaminer -O name:password -o http://localhost:8332 -C 2 -i 0 --no-autotune -l 14x8

cbuchner1 (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:38:04 AM

There are some new affordable cards on the market, based on the GK208 chip. They are called GT640, clocked at 902 MHz and they have the same hardware features as the GeForce Titan. That is compute capability 3.5.

I expect that they obtain a formidable scrypt hashing power for their 45 Watts peak power consumption.

I ordered one, so I can finally optimize and debug this Titan kernel without relying on third parties for test runs Wink

Christian

P.S. Watch out that you don't get the older GT640 models based on the GK107 chip, if you buy one.

brioche

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:50:52 PM

There are some new affordable cards on the market, based on the GK208 chip. They are called GT640, clocked at 902 MHz and they have the same hardware features as the GeForce Titan. That is compute capability 3.5.

I expect that they obtain a formidable scrypt hashing power for their 45 Watts peak power consumption.

I ordered one, so I can finally optimize and debug this Titan kernel without relying on third parties for test runs Wink

Christian

P.S. Watch out that you don't get the older GT640 models based on the GK107 chip, if you buy one.

Oh where did buy it from? Oh okay never mind I see one on eBay now, cool.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
BlIiTtZz

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:23:12 PM

Hey Christian,

Updated Google sheet with my results after flashing the vBIOS of my dual 680Ms (SLI) (letting me to mess with the GPU Clock), and pushing the GPU Clock to +135MHz and the Memory Clock to +350MHz.

Now pulling 280kH/s from just under 2V which is GRAVY! AND even though I'm not in interactive mode, it's having cray little slow-down effect on my laptop.

One thing that I noticed is that with the OC settings in place, auto-tune acted all kinds of batshit when I was trying to tune both cards at once. Took upwards of an hour and debug output was out of sync and held no reality to the actual speeds I could pull.

So I just tuned one card at a time, that worked out fine.

Time to get desktop on it meow. Let us know how you go with that GT640 an if I buy one I'll totefully hit you with some LTC 4 the ref.

I dont know enough about mining to compare this for me, but how do you think our nvidia mining is stacking up against amd mining now? Are we at like 60%, or higher?

Be perfect!! =!= all my bests
GoldBit89

Activity: 526

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:15:17 AM

i have discovered a weird error: i have been getting shares ok and been reporting to pools ok and having them match and since i am new to this still virtually especially with mining, this is a first of this error i have seen on any of the forums.
It appears that when i have found and solved a block, i get this error and i am not credited with finding it but the pool gets credit for solving it tho jsut with a "unknown" finder. error is this:

"result does not validate on CPU!"

this is the latest version and i love the program, as it has boosted my hashes greatly but i could not figure out this odd bug.

anyone have any ideas?

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:53:15 AM

i have discovered a weird error: i have been getting shares ok and been reporting to pools ok and having them match and since i am new to this still virtually especially with mining, this is a first of this error i have seen on any of the forums.
It appears that when i have found and solved a block, i get this error and i am not credited with finding it but the pool gets credit for solving it tho jsut with a "unknown" finder. error is this:

this is the latest version and i love the program, as it has boosted my hashes greatly but i could not figure out this odd bug.

anyone have any ideas?

That is not something new. I get that from time to time... not sure what causes this. It seems to happen way more on my 660 than the 450.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:54:55 AM

Hey Christian,

Updated Google sheet with my results after flashing the vBIOS of my dual 680Ms (SLI) (letting me to mess with the GPU Clock), and pushing the GPU Clock to +135MHz and the Memory Clock to +350MHz.

Now pulling 280kH/s from just under 2V which is GRAVY! AND even though I'm not in interactive mode, it's having cray little slow-down effect on my laptop.

One thing that I noticed is that with the OC settings in place, auto-tune acted all kinds of batshit when I was trying to tune both cards at once. Took upwards of an hour and debug output was out of sync and held no reality to the actual speeds I could pull.

So I just tuned one card at a time, that worked out fine.

Time to get desktop on it meow. Let us know how you go with that GT640 an if I buy one I'll totefully hit you with some LTC 4 the ref.

I dont know enough about mining to compare this for me, but how do you think our nvidia mining is stacking up against amd mining now? Are we at like 60%, or higher?

Be perfect!! =!= all my bests

Price per card vs return is very poor when using Nvidia. I guess if you currently have em then its much better... but I would not go out to buy one.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
mhps

Activity: 516

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:06:42 AM

Do a search and find out more.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Lacan82

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:44:02 PM

anyone have any ideas?

It means you're using an invalid configuration for your card. If you were using an old version and upgrade. You must Autotune with the new version. The old configuration may not be valid anymore

BrewCrewFan

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:55:26 PM

anyone have any ideas?

It means you're using an invalid configuration for your card. If you were using an old version and upgrade. You must Autotune with the new version. The old configuration may not be valid anymore

Thats Bullshit. All my cards auto tune every time and still get the error.

Charles999

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:10:56 PM

i am watching this aswell, hope it works
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:34:25 PM

anyone have any ideas?

yes its bullshit.

result does not validate happen and has nothing to do with the card config.

your mining for pool X, connection gets lost and in meantime pool X finds a new block and cudaminer dosnt get the LP, connection restores gets new work but the work thats being put on the GPU is still the old one, which obviously dosnt match the actual work. after this no LP/reconnct fixes it, you have to restart it.
i created a simple bash + expect script to catch this and automatically restart cudaminer Wink

PS: if you look at his posts you see a high % of his post are total bullshit or just FUD -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=95137;sa=showPosts

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
cbuchner1 (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:07:42 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2013, 12:30:21 AM by cbuchner1

the "does not validate on CPU" message really indicates a computation error. Try running without texture cache to see if it makes a difference. Also maybe lower any aggressive overclocking you may be running.
Lacan82

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:09:02 PM

anyone have any ideas?

yes its bullshit.

your mining for pool X, connection gets lost and in meantime pool X finds a new block and cudaminer dosnt get the LP, connection restores gets new work but the work thats being put on the GPU is still the old one, which obviously dosnt match the actual work. after this no LP/reconnct fixes it, you have to restart it.
i created a simple bash + expect script to catch this and automatically restart cudaminer Wink

PS: if you look at his posts you see a high % of his post are total bullshit or just FUD -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=95137;sa=showPosts

my posts are bullshit? did you read any of these thread? CPU validation was put in to make sure your card was doing work. When you get that area it means your card isn't actually doing any work at all.

UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:45:25 PM

What kind of yield does a Titan get

BrewCrewFan

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:49:38 PM

anyone have any ideas?

yes its bullshit.

my posts are bullshit? did you read any of these thread? CPU validation was put in to make sure your card was doing work. When you get that area it means your card isn't actually doing any work at all.

So getting that every so often means the card is not doing the work?

Anyways I think I came off wrong  in what I said before as being forceful or what not. That was not my intentions ...just the general way of talking with people sometimes.

Back to the issue.

-I have starting paying more attention to when the errors do occur. Its seems to be only on the 1 slot GPU 660.
-Only happens on pools. If I solo I can go all day long and not see this issue.
-I cant seem to figure out if its the other flags like -m "x", or the -C "x"... I always auto tune for the most part because getting that extra 5khash really is not worth the headach.

When I have more time I can sit and switch out cards or whatnot and play around with it..

Bottom line is that I should say I am happy this program IS out there because otherwise it would be totally worthless to mine at all on nvidia.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: