Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2022, 10:56:33 PM *
News: Bitcointalk Community Awards
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 1136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426333 times)
y3804
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 406
Merit: 250


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:26:33 PM
 #1661

Alright, I managed to tweak my settings and keep almost the same hash rate but below 100% TDP and well below on the temps too. I love this 660 ti so much haha
And anyone with Mine-Litecoin that hasn't heard, site is back up and running beautifully

Settings for GTX 660TI? Using K7x32 and only getting 295kh/s! My overclock is also bigger than yours
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1670540193
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1670540193

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1670540193
Reply with quote  #2

1670540193
Report to moderator
digimag
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 138
Merit: 100


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:30:51 PM
 #1662

Could someone provide their Linux build on a 64 bit architecture, please?

I am unable to compile because of some missing dependencies, especially the CUDA toolkit that wants to install the hole xorg-x11 server on a headless machine.

Thanks!

17opQsbw8873x4PTwzvacEjNR2a59mSxoT
larue05
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 38
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:00:33 PM
 #1663

Only question I have is how come when I use -H 1 my PC doesn't use 100% processor power across the 4 cores.

My overall CPU usage on all 4 cores only runs at 25%  makes me wonder if I can also run a CPUminer to utilize the other 75%

Thoughts?
incorrect
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 196
Merit: 100


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:02:53 PM
 #1664

My overall CPU usage on all 4 cores only runs at 25%  makes me wonder if I can also run a CPUminer to utilize the other 75%

Thoughts?

Yes use 2-3 cores to CPU mine if you want a little extra. Just keep an eye on your temps.
larue05
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 38
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:10:03 PM
 #1665

My overall CPU usage on all 4 cores only runs at 25%  makes me wonder if I can also run a CPUminer to utilize the other 75%

Thoughts?

Yes use 2-3 cores to CPU mine if you want a little extra. Just keep an eye on your temps.

Is there a readme for CPUminer somewhere for expressions?

**edit**  nm 

minerd.exe --help
incorrect
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 196
Merit: 100


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:18:46 PM
 #1666

Is there a readme for CPUminer somewhere for expressions?

I'm assuming you can create a .bat, right?

minerd -a scrypt -t 2 -D -o stratum+tcp://poolurl:port -O USERNAME.WORKERNAME.WORKERNAMEPASSWORD

-t is the amount of threads so adjust as you wish. Hopefully the rest is self explanatory, but if you get confused post again.
larue05
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 38
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:28:45 PM
 #1667

Got an extra 20khash boost out of the crummy CPU.  At least now this computer will be doing something useful.

That puts me over 300khash.

Is there a way to force Cudaminer to utilize more CPU so that I don't have to run Cudaminer and CPUminer at the same time?
incorrect
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 196
Merit: 100


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:44:22 PM
 #1668

Is there a way to force Cudaminer to utilize more CPU so that I don't have to run Cudaminer and CPUminer at the same time?
As far as I know, no. Just run them both there's nothing wrong with that.
trell0z
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 43
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:45:46 PM
 #1669

Got an extra 20khash boost out of the crummy CPU.  At least now this computer will be doing something useful.

That puts me over 300khash.

Is there a way to force Cudaminer to utilize more CPU so that I don't have to run Cudaminer and CPUminer at the same time?

Cudaminer doesn't actually use the CPU to "mine", just the sha256 stuff that can now also be done on the GPU itself. So if you want to mine with your CPU also, you need a separate miner.
Prima Primat
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 117
Merit: 10


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:38:59 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 07:59:45 PM by Prima Primat
 #1670

Here's something that baffles me:

I used to mine just with my GTX 660 Ti, then I remembered I still had a GTX 275 lying around, so I built that into my rig as a 2nd card to see what kind of performance I would get. In theory the GTX 275 actually isn't that bad despite its age, here are some numbers from Wikipedia, quickly edited together:



The GTX 275 has 41% of the compute power and 88% of the memory bandwidth of the 660 Ti.
I used to get around 200 khash/s with the 660 Ti even with version 2013-12-10 (now improved to ~280 Grin). So even judging from the old 200 khash/s, I should be getting at least 80 khash/s with the GTX 275, right? Nooope... 50 khash/s. Sad

I'm using K7x32 (thanks Christian!) for the 660 Ti and L60x3 for the GTX 275, which is the setting consistently picked by auto tuning. The other settings are  "-C 0 -m 1 -H 2 -i 0", all tested and proven to deliver the best performance I can get on both cards.

Now to get to the point: Why is the GTX 275 that slow? Is it just because it only supports CUDA 1.3? Any tips on how I might get some more performance out of that old piece of crap?
blackraven1425
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 98
Merit: 10


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:05:43 PM
 #1671

Now to get to the point: Why is the GTX 275 that slow? Is it just because it only supports CUDA 1.3? Any tips on how I might get some more performance out of that old piece of crap?

Pretty much. Newer implementations of CUDA have various improvements to the architecture underlying it, which gives you different/better optimizations. That's why there's 4 different kernels packaged into cudaminer (legacy, Fermi, Kepler and Titan).
harrison37
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 3
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:13:28 PM
 #1672

please help me to set correctly my nvidia quadro 600. Auto setting F44x1 gives only about 30 khash/sec (
Prima Primat
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 117
Merit: 10


View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:03:04 PM
 #1673

Now to get to the point: Why is the GTX 275 that slow? Is it just because it only supports CUDA 1.3? Any tips on how I might get some more performance out of that old piece of crap?

Pretty much. Newer implementations of CUDA have various improvements to the architecture underlying it, which gives you different/better optimizations. That's why there's 4 different kernels packaged into cudaminer (legacy, Fermi, Kepler and Titan).

Oooh, L is for 'legacy' huh? I was wondering: "strange, Tesla doesn't start with an L." Cheesy
I guess it really is too old.
kernels10
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 408
Merit: 250


ded


View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:31:19 AM
 #1674

has anyone noticed any performance changes running under linux vs windows?
zonom
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 156
Merit: 100



View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:54:13 AM
 #1675

has anyone noticed any performance changes running under linux vs windows?
i have so:
550Ti
Linux kernel-3.11 x86_64  cudatoolkit-5.5 90-92 kH
Win7x64 72-76 kH
kernels10
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 408
Merit: 250


ded


View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:56:22 AM
 #1676

has anyone noticed any performance changes running under linux vs windows?
i have so:
550Ti
Linux kernel-3.11 x86_64  cudatoolkit-5.5 90-92 kH
Win7x64 72-76 kH

hmm i guess i should try installing arch on a spare ssd  Smiley

Thx for the info
frontier204
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 19
Merit: 0


View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:56:39 AM
 #1677

any body help me?
i using laptop. i set many line commond for cudaminer but dont working:

I wouldn't even bother trying to figure it out, to be honest. What is an 8400M going to get you in an ideal scenario, like 15 khash? It won't even come close to paying for the power, and to make it worse you're probably reducing the lifetime of a part that's already old and well used by now because it's in a laptop.

You are right! Grin ok thnaks bro

FYI for giggles, I got an 8400M GS going with these settings:
Code:
cudaminer.exe -i 0 -C 1 -H 2 -l L2x2
...for an amazing 0.9 kHash/second Wink  Also if you value your laptop you shouldn't use that GPU for mining. Search for "Nvidia G84/G86 Chips Defective" to see what I mean.


has anyone noticed any performance changes running under linux vs windows?
i have so:
550Ti
Linux kernel-3.11 x86_64  cudatoolkit-5.5 90-92 kH
Win7x64 72-76 kH

Odd I'm only getting 74 kHash/sec on a 550 Ti hosted on Linux. Then again it may be because I have it running attached to motherboard so old it has DDR2-667 and PCI-E 1.1...

kernels10
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 408
Merit: 250


ded


View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:50:33 AM
 #1678

any recommendations on how to OC gpu under linux? 
zonom
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 156
Merit: 100



View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:56:07 AM
 #1679

any recommendations on how to OC gpu under linux? 
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/173.08/README/appendix-b.html
look "coolbits"
kernels10
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 408
Merit: 250


ded


View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:59:03 AM
 #1680


Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 1136 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!