Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 [781] 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:07:34 PM

Can everyone in this thread just lay off the personal attacks. It's easy in the weird and wonderful cyber world to forget that the people you are talking to and about are human beings. How would you feel if you had to read all these posts looking for someone saying something horrible about your personal life?

We all want our miners as soon as possible. The doubt over the delivery date causes us all stress, because this is serious money that most of us probably need flowing into our wallets. But let's just leave off the personal nature of some of these attacks.

Dude, do you even think before posting?  Did you attack me or did I attack you this morning?

Answer :  you started attacking me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:10:29 PM

But this
Oh and forget that "we're all busy" crap...they have a hell of a lot of money to hire a few temps for a week like any other very busy business does. 
could be (and has been) said about this very forum we all use to support the BTC community.

And how many thousands of dollars have you paid to use this forum?
I haven't personally paid thousands of dollars to use KNCMiner, either. I was smart enough to purchase BTC directly and only invest what I EXPECTED to lose in a mining operation for the enjoyment of participation. This thread should be renamed "Angry about your choice of investment? Blame others here!"

Gee, so much pages to read through.... I just picked this one out of laziness (don't take it personal):
Since most people (not saying you) are unclear of the definition: Investment:
An asset or item that is purchased with the hope that it will generate income or appreciate in the future. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. In finance, an investment is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or appreciate and be sold at a higher price.
Now, of course a miner is an investment. AS an investment alone it would be okay if it does not generate the wealth you would expect it to. That would be ones own fault, like some here do not seem to understand.
BUT it is also a purchased item. And as such it falls under the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, CISG. And as such Section II Article 74
" Damages for breach of contract by one party consist of a sum equal to the loss, including loss of profit, suffered by the other party as a consequence of the breach. Such damages may not exceed the loss which the party in breach foresaw or ought to have foreseen at the time of the conclusion of the contract, in the light of the facts and matters of which he then knew or ought to have known, as a possible consequence of the breach of contract. " applies.
Now I know some of you do not like to google for yourself, so I took the freedom to quote it here.

So, to put an end to the endless whiner blabla:
If you got your unit a week ago and had day1/2 orders, stop complaining.
If you did not get your October Shipment order, stop complaining (until the 15th, then carry on by all means).
If you did not get your day1/2 order, carry on complaining, it is completely normal (unless you come from vatican city or kosovo, those do not fall under the un laws...)
soapmodem

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:11:13 PM

Tell me, why would someone who is still *deliberating* on whether to take a job or not, move out of a hotel into an apartment? How could someone move to Stockholm with no job offer, no income and decide looking for an apartment is the thing to do?

If KNC are happy to pay for a hotel to allow him to make up his mind, why move? He makes it sound like he is the selector, playing hard to get and he decides if KNC employs him or not, which is a bit laughable. Typical of the way he bigs himself up at any opportunity.

Moving out of a hotel and into an apartment sounds like what someone who has been offered a job or has recently started working for a company would do.

And how come Bitcoinorama is so tired if he's just hanging round and observing? Sounds more like someone dog tired from working. And I doubt KNC would be stupid enough to have someone working for them in a factory if they didn't employ him, because if he had an accident, they'd be up shit creek.

And how long does it take to sort the employment paperwork? Are we going back a couple of weeks here?

It's hell finding an apartment in Stockholm, let me tell you.. they have wait lists, and it can take forever. So if Orama got the chance to snag one, it'd be a wise move for him to do so.

Maybe he's decided on the place but not the job. Who knows. There's a ton of Brit expats in Sweden. His life outside of his reporting on Knc really isn't any of our business, though, tbh. I'd venture to say he got the chance on an apartment and snapped their hands off. Again, finding a place to live is a huge deal there.
Madazam

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:13:12 PM

Hi need help with a very stupid thing ...worker

anyone try changing it ?
Usually a worker is denoted with an underscore in the login name field.. so it would be "Madazam_worker1", "Madazam_worker2", and so on. It depends on what the worker is named, though. It could be "Madazam_w1"

Sometimes, as with Slush's pool it's denoted with a period.. so "Madazam.worker1"

I asked have you tried changing it ?

also i read somewhere i this thread that there is proper way of restarting these things ...i restarted from the web gui and now its on but green light is off, can anyone tell me what was that way of restarting ? apparently if you just on off the psu there is a problem....  
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:14:36 PM

Can everyone in this thread just lay off the personal attacks. It's easy in the weird and wonderful cyber world to forget that the people you are talking to and about are human beings. How would you feel if you had to read all these posts looking for someone saying something horrible about your personal life?

We all want our miners as soon as possible. The doubt over the delivery date causes us all stress, because this is serious money that most of us probably need flowing into our wallets. But let's just leave off the personal nature of some of these attacks.

Dude, do you even think before posting?  Did you attack me or did I attack you this morning?

Rhetorical questions now... Here's one for you:

Do you post in this thread out of some weird kind of aggressive seeking of validation for having been paid to endorse a product which no-one seems particularly interested in.

Answer: Yes.

Bitcoinorama is a young lad. Just leave off. It's weird. It's all getting personal and unhealthy. This morning I questioned your integrity. I question it further by the hour.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:19:40 PM

Rhetorical questions now... Here's one for you:

Do you post in this thread out of some weird kind of aggressive seeking of validation for having been paid to endorse a product which no-one seems particularly interested in.

Answer: Yes.

Bitcoinorama is a young lad. Just leave off. It's weird. It's all getting personal and unhealthy. This morning I questioned your integrity. I question it further by the hour.
As a person who did not post anything in your precious Hashfast thread: I second that completely and raise a "you are a troll for coming here and spouting BS about Hashfast, come back when they deliver the first units" and "you took money from a company to advertise for their product (shame on you!), not try to badmouth another company by stating that everything they did was wrong in hindsight"
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:23:43 PM

blah,blah,blah

to reiterate:

i did not attack him this morning.  i only asked him to clarify his status with KNC.  which revealed the following facts:

1.  he has not been paid and apparently there is no promise to be paid or even employed.
2.  his trip to Sweden will be paid by KNC.
3.  non-employed Rama is being used to help assemble, package, ship, and promote/provide communications for the company.

all useful and accurate info which is why Rama is not in here fighting me tooth and nail.  cue Hempstock, donch and erdouchen attacks. 

as i said, i actually feel sorry for him and think he's being used.

all that being said, you're right about wasting my time in here.

and now we find out he's moving into an apartment in Stockholm?  one has to believe their is "some" relationship there.

once again; you started attacking me.  it seems lost on you that all the above nonsense would've ended if it wasn't for you and your attacks.
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:25:42 PM

OOoohh the Drama over O'rama..... lolz

Fact is... You'd know ALOT less about KNC if it weren't for him

When did facts all of a sudden become prerequisite to posts in this thread?  Grin

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Eternity

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:27:36 PM

Where's the datacenter for hosting

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/hosting
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:30:56 PM

Some idly typed useless bullshit....

and now we find out he's moving into an apartment in Stockholm?  one has to believe their is "some" relationship there.

once again; you started attacking me.  it seems lost on you that all the above nonsense would've ended if it wasn't for you and your attacks.

Where do you live CypherDoc? How much did HashFast pay you? Did you recommend "BUY HASHFAST" to your subscribers?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74587.0

Shall we come and invade your thread with some testimonials and endorsements?

P.S. to reiterate means literally "to do again again" which is literally what you are doing on this thread, ad infinitum.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:40:30 PM

Some idly typed useless bullshit....

and now we find out he's moving into an apartment in Stockholm?  one has to believe their is "some" relationship there.

once again; you started attacking me.  it seems lost on you that all the above nonsense would've ended if it wasn't for you and your attacks.

Where do you live CypherDoc? How much did HashFast pay you? Did you recommend "BUY HASHFAST" to your subscribers?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74587.0

Shall we come and invade your thread with some testimonials and endorsements?

P.S. to reiterate means literally "to do again again" which is literally what you are doing on this thread, ad infinitum.

devolving into threats now, eh?

it takes 2 to tango, my friend/attacker.
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:45:40 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 08:27:05 PM by ur0pl

Thanks Bitcoinrama for having a spawn child, cypherdoc. He is a bit more mean than you though, no?
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:46:31 PM

No. Just highlighting how it must feel to have your life discussed in a public forum. I'll leave this be and go and do something useful if you do the same - it takes two parties to resolve a conflict. You never know, we both might end up getting our miners sometime soon  Roll Eyes

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:49:49 PM

No. Just highlighting how it must feel to have your life discussed in a public forum. I'll leave this be and go and do something useful if you do the same - it takes two parties to resolve a conflict. You never know, we both might end up getting our miners sometime soon  Roll Eyes

no one has revealed anymore than Rama revealed himself.

as for resolution, you're on.  if you shut up, i'll shut up.

for now.
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:51:06 PM

I can understand ppl getting angry in case their order did not arrive, yet, but ~100pages of complaints since I checked this forum last time is quite impressive.
And I'm wondering whether hashfast or cointerra customers will experience even more delays...?

When finally holding KnC hardware in your own hands you will see it's very nice quality and you'll be way more relaxed, even if there are some loose fans you just clip on again in no time.
I did not reach specified hashrate in avg until latest firmware update, but I was not worried that much about it since kept in mind product is not older than 13days right now.

Power-consumption I read in here is now down to 0.85W => you can run your miner way longer than thought.
Hashrate will be increased further with upcoming firmware releases for sure. I'm confident meanwhile that devices hash way faster at the end than you currently think they are capable of..let's see.

You can count both, decreased power consumption and increasing hashrate as compensation since bfl would charge you extra money, no?

Yes, KnC could give out more infos, and their answers via mail take a while. There's room for improvement.
And I do not understand why they do not allow refunds while there are ppl waiting on the fence to get some devices, maybe it's protecting them from a decision they will regret afterwards ^^.
Nevertheless you can sell your preorder anytime on ebay where ppl pay crazy prices for mining hardware.

Anyhow I'm very sure KnC folks are good guys, not in the game for the money *only*.
It's in their own interest customers will be happy at the end.
For day1 hosting there is already a compensation in place - never heard about a avalon or bfl compensation.
I assume after shipping is done, they'll think about how to make this a win-win situation for everyone of us.

So my bottom line is, be a little bit more patient and relaxed - things will very likely work out for you.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:55:55 PM

I can understand ppl getting angry in case their order did not arrive, yet, but ~100pages of complaints since I checked this forum last time is quite impressive.
And I'm wondering whether hashfast or cointerra customers will experience even more delays...?

When finally holding KnC hardware in your own hands you will see it's very nice quality and you'll be way more relaxed, even if there are some loose fans you just clip on again in no time.
I did not reach specified hashrate in avg until latest firmware update, but I was not worried that much about it since kept in mind product is not older than 13days right now.

Power-consumption I read in here is now down to 0.85W => you can run your miner way longer than thought.
Hashrate will be increased further with upcoming firmware releases for sure. I'm confident meanwhile that devices hash way faster at the end than you currently think they are capable of..let's see.

You can count both, decreased power consumption and increasing hashrate as compensation since bfl would charge you extra money, no?

Yes, KnC could give out more infos, and their answers via mail take a while. There's room for improvement.
And I do not understand why they do not allow refunds while there are ppl waiting on the fence to get some devices, maybe it's protecting them from a decision they will regret afterwards ^^.
Nevertheless you can sell your preorder anytime on ebay where ppl pay crazy prices for mining hardware.

Anyhow I'm very sure KnC folks are good guys, not in the game for the money *only*.
It's in their own interest customers will be happy at the end.
For day1 hosting there is already a compensation in place - never heard about a avalon or bfl compensation.
I assume after shipping is done, they'll think about how to make this a win-win situation for everyone of us.

So my bottom line is, be a little bit more patient and relaxed - things will very likely work out for you.

+1 :-)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:57:46 PM

More like >1.1 J/GH.  Still that is a lot better than the original 2 J/GH estimate.

You pay for wattage at the wall, that is the number that matters.  I haven't seen a single report by end user of kill-a-watt showing <500W for system @ 500 GH/s.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:59:31 PM

please point out where i've trolled this thread. 

It seems that retard Inaba has a fan. Well done!

idee2013

Activity: 407

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:01:44 PM

More like >1.1 J/GH.  Still that is a lot better than the original 2 J/GH estimate.

You pay for wattage at the wall, that is the number that matters.  I haven't seen a single report by end user of kill-a-watt showing <500W for system @ 500 GH/s.

no..it is 1w/GHs...
avg 545 gh/s in cgminer...530-540 Watt at kill-o-watt
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:03:40 PM

How did you get the average on bitminter?

They have a nice stats page here: https://bitminter.com/livestats/big
And on that page you have your hashrate on the 10 last shifts.

Thats your average per shift but not a long term average. I was hoping for a long term average.
Pages: « 1 ... 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 [781] 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: