Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 [811] 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:58:44 PM

There will be another firmware version coming out either today or early tomorrow

when "early tomorrow" ends? local time in Sweden is ~16:30 and post is from yesterday. Why the hell is KNC not able to fulfil small promises like this one? Professional company behaviour? I don't think so..

Perhaps because you only release iterative updates when the software engineers are happy with a public release? I mean seriously just because customer service has in good faith said there should be an update because that was how they were informed, doesn't matter if the software engineers then decide they aren't comfortable with it being released. It's currently running on one box, and when they are happy it is stable you'll get the update. 0.95 was released at 8/9pm on Friday night. People are working round the clock, but the engineers will make the decisions when they decide to release their update, based upon stability. 0.95 was a huge update solving most of the previous issues, as you well know.

I know that KNC don't know anything about building relationship between company and customer but unfilled promises are one of the worst things, which company can do. There was statement by Sam, that every sale from KNC is B2B. Can you imagine, that in B2B someone promise anything by mail and breach it in 24 hours without any apologies/further communication?

they should reply "during next week" if they don't know when..simple.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cognoscente

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:00:11 PM

There will be another firmware version coming out either today or early tomorrow

when "early tomorrow" ends? local time in Sweden is ~16:30 and post is from yesterday. Why the hell is KNC not able to fulfil small promises like this one? Professional company behaviour? I don't think so..

Perhaps because you only release iterative updates when the software engineers are happy with a public release? I mean seriously just because customer service has in good faith said there should be an update because that was how they were informed, doesn't matter if the software engineers then decide they aren't comfortable with it being released. It's currently running on one box, and when they are happy it is stable you'll get the update. 0.95 was released at 8/9pm on Friday night. People are working round the clock, but the engineers will make the decisions when they decide to release their update, based upon stability. 0.95 was a huge update solving most of the previous issues, as you well know.
Are you implying that the rest of us just wait until the engineers are happy?  What does the current state of the firmware have to do with shipping the &^%$# boxes?
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:01:10 PM

Disclaimer: I have HF orders myself and have stated such in past posts.

As is clearly evident in this thread, Cypherdoc is very disliked as an individual (maybe even more-so than me Wink) But to get back on topic,

KnC has put up a lot more Day 2 miners in the Hosting facility as said by people in the KnC Skype Group (I highly recommend joining this group as everyone is very helpful especially since if you are hosted the current KnC Miner Portal can be a tad confusing)
samo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:02:29 PM

Lol, we should have paid attention to the signs, Wink

https://i.imgur.com/6Ms5qIu.png

Nice, you just prove you are a hypocrite by posting this photo and implying KNC is like BFL and Avalon after you condemning me (in your very last post before the photo) for showing how KNC 1-2 weeks delay with 20+ % extra hash rate has set a new gold standard compare to Avalon's 3+ months delay with zero communication and BFL over-communicating and attacking their customers with their 9-12 months delay.  So once again, why do you think KNC is even approaching the same level as BFL or Avalon?  They had a news release just 4 days ago.  In the meantime what do you think they should be doing?  Do you prefer them hiding out in a cave for 3 months like Yifu or hiring Josh to bash and belittle you the customer to prove that you are right in showing this photo and for proving they are almost as bad as BFL and Avalon?

It was a joke man lighten up a bit, especially in a thread so serious and understandably so, every now and then you need a little levity.

Just an Update: Knc did get my order mixed up with a later order somehow, as I was a day 1 2xx order and to there credit they owned up to it and offered  10 btc or a refund, which I definitely respect  which we never would have heard from those other companies, I just hope they get it right for everyone as I do believe they had the best intentions and this response proves just that, to me anyways.
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:02:43 PM

Second question. Someone in this thread disassembled the KNC firmware (can't find the quote) and found a 6 module option. Is this form factor in construction at the factory?
Well considering there are 6 controller ports to plug into I would say yes that is in the future.

I wish I could find the quote. The firmware option had Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter as the 1,2 and 4 options respectively. The 6 option had the word "hosting" in its title, suggesting that there might be an undisclosed configuration, perhaps only available to large hosting customers, such as Cloudhashing. It's probably just conjecture, but would be nice to have official confirmation, although Bitcoinorama stated that no such units are currently being built.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:03:39 PM

HI GUYS

is there any chance that we get delivered before this post reaches 800 pages?

thanks

Roll Eyes

Blast from the past Grin

Amazing foresight!

And that was also just about the same moment someone (look who posted right after) turned into the knc shill  Cry

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:06:41 PM

HI GUYS

thanks

Roll Eyes

Blast from the past Grin

Amazing foresight!

And that was also just about the same moment someone (look who posted right after) turned into the knc shill  Cry

Nah, they were chums before page 60. Grin
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:07:22 PM

The only cost might be UPS were already paid and you'd lose $120 on throwing that label in the dustbin.

A label is fully refundable up until the time the UPS driver scans the package. There is no excuse for not offering full refunds as promised up until the time the package is picked up.

Buy & Hold
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:08:55 PM

The only cost might be UPS were already paid and you'd lose $120 on throwing that label in the dustbin.

A label is fully refundable up until the time the UPS driver scans the package. There is no excuse for not offering full refunds as promised up until the time the package is picked up.

Not disagreeing with you at all, I think they should offer refunds up until they ship the customers particular order however you did agree to their terms which stated no refunds once they start shipping and obviously they started shipping...
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:10:24 PM

Lol, we should have paid attention to the signs, Wink

Nice, you just prove you are a hypocrite by posting this photo and implying KNC is like BFL and Avalon after you condemning me (in your very last post before the photo) for showing how KNC 1-2 weeks delay with 20+ % extra hash rate has set a new gold standard compare to Avalon's 3+ months delay with zero communication and BFL over-communicating and attacking their customers with their 9-12 months delay.  So once again, why do you think KNC is even approaching the same level as BFL or Avalon?  They had a news release just 4 days ago.  In the meantime what do you think they should be doing?  Do you prefer them hiding out in a cave for 3 months like Yifu or hiring Josh to bash and belittle you the customer to prove that you are right in showing this photo and for proving they are almost as bad as BFL and Avalon?

It was a joke man lighten up a bit, especially in a thread so serious and understandably so, every now and then you need a little levity.

Just an Update: Knc did get my order mixed up with a later order somehow, as I was a day 1 2xx order and to there credit they owned up to it and offered  10 btc or a refund, which I definitely respect  which we never would have heard from those other companies, I just hope they get it right for everyone as I do believe they had the best intentions and this response proves just that, to me anyways.

###

exactly! i have several orders already delivered and some others that are still open. as far as i can tell they are truely integer and are trying their best.
nevertheless they for sure were not perfectly perparared and have to learn how customer communication is rightly done.
The Avenger

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:10:41 PM

HI GUYS

thanks

Roll Eyes

Blast from the past Grin

Amazing foresight!

Nah, they were chums before page 60. Grin
It would be quite funny if Sam knew obama from before the thread and before they set up KNC. And the whole trip to the open day with a set-up/show.

"I am not The Avenger"
donch

Activity: 84

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:11:20 PM

Not disagreeing with you at all, I think they should offer refunds up until they ship the customers particular order however you did agree to their terms which stated no refunds once they start shipping and obviously they started shipping...

BFL started "shipping" in April, and used that as reason to deny refunds in October :-)

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
KS

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:11:26 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 03:24:19 PM by KS

Shipping is "personal", not "company-wide". It's no refund until *your* order is shipped, not *any* order is shipped.

Edit: unless specified contractually for B2B customers. It doesn't mean companies like BFL aren't abusing the wording...
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:14:47 PM

Hey o'rama.  I got the go ahead to send a bad card back to Sweden in e-mail in the middle of the night.  Can you PM me a FedEx or UPS account # of theirs that you know I can use?  They are impossible to get a hold of.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:24:15 PM

Shipping is "personal", not "company-wide". It's no refund until *your* order is shipped, not *any* order is shipped.

Watch shipped orders sit at UPS in Sweden until the gov spending shutdown ends - in December.
KS

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:26:18 PM

Watch shipped orders sit at UPS in Sweden until the gov spending shutdown ends - in December.

Is any other company, like DHL/Fedex, affected? Random checks are for everyone, so everyone should be stuck (i.e. it should be in the news).
Bargraphics

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:29:32 PM

Edit: unless specified contractually for B2B customers. It doesn't mean companies like BFL aren't abusing the wording...

I stand corrected. I remember seeing the specific terms on the KnC Website but cannot find them anymore. However I did find this

We see no reason why it cant work like that, the only addition I will add is that the refund will be 100% with the order cancelled, We wont be offering a discount/refund and still shipping you the boxes. Refunds are offered up to the day of shipment of your order.

Above all else we will be fair.

Sam

I'm only here to promote logic and facts so unless I can stumble upon that specific Refund Policy I saw on the website the above is what I'll go on.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 03:29:37 PM

Put your bitcoin where your mouth is schmuck.

5BTC says they will not have completed all shipping by 19th.

Held by escrows.

LOL what's your order number again?
Didn't accept my bet. Pathetic. You are all talk. Spineless mouths on the internet.

Coming from the guy who starts talking about diamonds on Saturn when he's called out as a troll? You have zero credibility unless even if you prove you are not a troll. You've been called out and refused to answer.

The Avenger

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:30:21 PM

Is any other company, like DHL/Fedex, affected? Random checks are for everyone, so everyone should be stuck (i.e. it should be in the news).

http://www.thelocal.se/50812/20131015/

"The future of Sweden's flagship submarine manufacturer, Kockums, is on the rocks"  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 03:30:34 PM

All of my orders have now been changed from PAID to IN PROGRESS.

#   Status      

45XX   In progress

45XX   In progress   

36XX   In progress   

17XX   In progress   

Did all of them change just now, or were some already "in progress"

Pages: « 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 [811] 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: