Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:13:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:52:51 PM

The problem that persists with any time sensitive tech is should we make it perfect or ship it to the people and update it as we go.

not sure why everyone is missing my point.  They did have a working miner and shipped X number of miners with 8 VRMs.   So before they go cutting costs they should just test and make sure they aren't frying their product right?

What is everyone's point on 'time sensitive tech' etc. when the reason was they wanted to slash costs before they tested a stripped board?

just own up to that decision KNC

I can't comment for KnC. However from what I recall from one KnC news post. The original designed boards had 8 vrms and in the article they had a comment that it would play a key role on 2nd gen design chips.

However they may have had a set amount of those boards made. And before the tested chips arrived may have commissioned the new asic boards and control units with less components. Perhaps a cost saving measure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

It's not nice to ignore people who answer your posts with facts bitcoinorama. Wink
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:58:10 PM

Technically Bargraphics and I had problems. I had 1 defective chip, replaced by RMA (took 1 week, due the RMA policy that I don't care for). Both Bar and I have had problems with the hosted service in the beginning and I had a failed miner which eventually got replaced.

You don't count since you fixed your problems. I had one defective board at start too. Did RMA, got it fixed in 5 days total.

COUNTING PEOPLE WITH FAULTY UNITS/PROBLEMS:
1) retard The Avenger
2) CYPHER
3) FUKT
4) timmmers?
5) Puppet
6) ...*please continue the list*

6) Bargraphics
7) Mota
Cool All the people posting on the KNC support subforum

Bar doesn't count. He HAD problems and got them fixed. As for you i don't know. Do you still have problems?

So we are stuck at 5 people with problems right now?

Hmm, odd. I've always said I was lucky to have a perfect rig. Ran at max from day 1 apart from firmware updates which all worked and improved it slightly.

The fact that I'd never have known about the updates or anything else if it were left to KNC to tell me...which they haven't bothered to since they got my money....pissed me off though. The fact that they were over a week past their promised and oft confirmed delivery date which cost me hashing time and the fact that others were much worse treated by these people needs to be out there.
They are not the messiahs, they are very naughty boys.

If BTC was now at the price it was back when we ordered it would be a disaster for most people. Not as bad as BFL since they actually did produce the 1st rig on time and ship them all...but ignoring customers and lying to them isn't great is it? How the fuck I got an email telling me my rig was ready to be picked up in Stockholm a few days ago is beyond me..but it shows they haven't a clue at the very least.

People seeing the fairytale in the media could easily be walking into a dream of KNC being th wonderful competent company they imagine they are ..and if I were in that situation I'd like to see the truth, not some bullshit that would take my money and leave me disappointed.

They haven't the time to communicate on forums. even their own. According to Orama. I am eating my supper now, I can manage it. Ten minutes a day would be easy for them. Truth is they can't be bothered or they have nothing to say. Got your money..fuck off there's a good chap. See you when we want to sell you another rig. Wink

No, this is not a consumer device, neither is it consumer friendly, they are however incredibly busy constantly trying to tweak it and improve it, which is obvious as there is a reason atypical 28nm devices take 12-18 months post fab to refine. This is the fastest 28nm device ever created. The surrounding components are like a family that doesn't get on with eachother, but have to meet a new family member for the first time and keep up appearances. They've picked the strongest personalities capable of managing this and placed them in a room together, but really and truly they've never met the ASIC before. Will you wait 12-18 months for a device to be ready? For a company's customer service to be prepped on it inside out?

No, this is Bitcoin you all want the tech now.

If you want a consumer device like an Apple iPhone, then understand Apple have both the iPhone 6 and likely the IPhone 7 in hand are tweaking it to perfection for release. KnC haven't had the luxury of that time. you've had the damn thing for a couple of weeks less than they have, and we're all finding out what works, and what doesn't as an iterative process. The company is actually full of the most solid work ethic i've seen it's half 8 on a Friday evening and the software engineers, myself and most others are still here. No one has relaxed, sure the pressure and burden to some extent is off, but no one has the attitude of "Got your money..fuck off there's a good chap". You're just making crap up you want to believe. Really.

As I said months ago Marcus would have played with that thing and delayed it's release to perfection. Sam and Andreas understood for you have to have that device hashing in your hands asap. You got it, unrefined, but as refined as they have had it themselves, shipment began that same week. Issues are dealt with as they arise, and the majority are over the moon.

This makes me feel so much better, late deliveries and constant failures have cost me about 26btc. KNC's late and tardy delivery have cost buyers close to 20mill in lost USD, but at least it was in record time!

Cool, glad you're happy. If Avalon had delivered it may have cost you more.

If KNC had delivered it would have cost me less.

Next step http://www.konsumentverket.se/ inb4 not cosnumer device

Some friends of mine were having a laugh about KNC, if they were stationed in my country we would have robbed them of everything they had, I'm surprised no Euro crims havent attempted this yet.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:00:50 PM

My concern stemmed from the lack of recourse a colleague who had lost 42 BTC due to an admitted queue mix up on the part of KnC and had his orders pushed back well beyond day 2 orders.

Don't forget those who, like me, bought hosting...

My order was nowhere to be seen, not at the hosting, not shipped, the day they were sending out orders paid one MONTH later than mine!

Anyway, they refunded my unit and hosting costs, so at least they were honest to admit that something was wrong on their part.

My only regret is that, instead waiting for them  to fix the hosting issues, I should have asked them to ship my unit, I'm 1/2 a TH short now Smiley

spiccioli

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:03:29 PM

I really really don't understand, why there still is constant whining in this thread. Some of you guys only look at the past and at that, what you supposedly not made or lost.

Why not try to take a look at the present, at what you have and at the future and enjoy what you probably will make? We who have their ASIC-miners are still ahead of 99% of mankind in that topic.

I'm very happy with my KNC and BFSB stuff and already on the verge of positive ROI. Many things could have been better, but at least they are and mine.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:04:44 PM

It's not nice to ignore people who answer your posts with facts bitcoinorama. Wink

It's not cool to be attacked everytime I enter the thread, and attacked everytime I take a breather, especially w.r.t. design decisions I didn't make. Damned if I do, damned if I don't... Undecided

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:07:55 PM

Perhaps a cost saving measure.

Perhaps? Smiley

It is the single most expensive component on the boards other than possibly the ASIC itself.
$20 ea and removing 4 per board is $80 per board or $320 per Jupiter.
If they shipped 5,000 Jupiters that is $1.6M USD.

I think we can safely say it was definitely.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:15:52 PM

Bitcoinorama
I do not want to interupt the bickering but could you tell if you buy a jupiter today, when do they ship it?
Do they have any in stock or are they building it later?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:16:03 PM

Perhaps? Smiley

It is the single most expensive component on the boards other than possibly the ASIC itself.

Do we know around how many units they shipped? I've missed the post.  That's money that will go towards their next mask so that's good news Cheesy

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:28:33 PM

Perhaps? Smiley

Do we know around how many units they shipped? I've missed the post.  That's money that will go towards their next mask so that's good news Cheesy

Guesstimating from the 70% of all coins comment means 2.0 PH/s to 2.5 PH/s shipped.

Not sure how money towards the next mask is good news for you or me (unless you own shares in KNC).  New mask means potentially superior hardware at an even cheaper price point which means more miners and higher difficulty and less return on our existing hardware. 
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:28:39 PM

Bitcoinorama
I do not want to interupt the bickering but could you tell if you buy a jupiter today, when do they ship it?

They cut off for the first batch was around beg September. They then agreed to delay the next batch for a month, which gives time for delivery to complete and first batch customers to mine.

There are some of the Nov batch available, but this is being considered on a day to day basis. Some were added earlier this eve.

Production has been set for mid-Nov, but as I told Cyper earlier, I'm not privy to any reason why any delay should exist, I know they are tweaking the product and refining the product and the firmware, but if you want to play devil's advocate and add some additional days for delivery to commence then be pragmatic, level headed and do so just in case. Don't use debt or sell your children, and understand the coin price may be rising, but has other directions it can move. The miner cannot acceptably in my eyes be sold as an unregulated investment. It's a piece of hardware that processes, verifies, and secures transactions throughout the network. The Bitcoin protocol is what offers a reward and as such if you wish to see the product as a money making machine understand the finite shelf life it may have. If you are bullish on BTC price then pay with dollars, the currency the unit is priced in, and their part manufacturers accept. Do not buy on emotion, but reason with logic. My 2 satoshis. Wink

Night bro, i'm out! Zzz....

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:34:45 PM

Bitcoinorama

I have bought one today. Shipping is estimated at the end of november. I think it will come directly from the production line. I am crossing my fingers...

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:36:16 PM

I requested a bitpay refund for 3 November Jupiter's.  I should be receiving a refund of $15,395  ($410 of that was for shipping)

The refund pending option shows $13,896 is what i will get back when logging into my account.  Whut?

It happened to me as well with my refund, their site adds 10% discount everytime they change an order.

They're aware of the issue and should refund you the correct amount, I got mine for the correct amount.

spiccioli
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:28:48 PM

I requested a bitpay refund for 3 November Jupiter's.  I should be receiving a refund of $15,395  ($410 of that was for shipping)

The refund pending option shows $13,896 is what i will get back when logging into my account.  Whut?

It happened to me as well with my refund, their site adds 10% discount everytime they change an order.

They're aware of the issue and should refund you the correct amount, I got mine for the correct amount.

spiccioli
Wow, I'm literally minutes away from ordering(paying for) my second Nov Jupiter...and you guys are bailing....   interesting...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:30:03 PM

Me too I order my second November Jupiter
Let see bitcoinorama

Let knc to give a good one Jupiter like the first-second with sticker
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:33:17 PM

The refund pending option shows $13,896 is what i will get back when logging into my account.  Whut?

spiccioli
Wow, I'm literally minutes away from ordering(paying for) my second Nov Jupiter...and you guys are bailing....   interesting...

I was talking about an order placed on june 12th, if you go back you'll see the whole issue.

spiccioli
bondus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM

remember this??   isn't there a 40 amp spec limit on them?  correct??   #3 below has 8 VRMs and looks fine,  the others pretty baked.  So stop saying they werent needed..   perhaps not to power the chip but to regulate the power, yes

https://i.imgur.com/yDTHPNB.jpg

All 8 VRMs are not needed.

KnC shipped the first 4 VRM boards without knowing that they used 0.9V and over 50A.

Shipping the boards like this was an obvious mistake by KnC. Their production testing was not good enough to catch this. A bit of a noob mistake IMO. Measure the currents! Too high is bad, too low is bad!

But thanks to the overkill, expensive, components they have on the boards it could be fixed in the firmware.
This margin was a major part of the design to counter unpredictable problem like this, the problem has been solved.
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:43:39 PM

The good news is that november Jupiter and Saturn's are no longer available.

According to the website.

Jupiter are available. Only 49 units left.

where you see that?

looking job
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:47:49 PM

where you see that?

Add 5000 to you basket.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:49:47 PM

where you see that?

Add 5000 to you basket.

once again, this number means nothing. its not literally 49 left.....
Pages: « 1 ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: