Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:01:29 PM

All,

Apologies if this was covered somewhere in the previous 267 pages Wink but I'm having a struggle getting the .IMG to burn to a USB. I download it (tried 3 different PCs, all on Windows 10), used HDD Raw Copy and Etcher, to write the image to a 32GB Lexan (per Vosk's recommendation) and a few others and keep running into the same issue. It seems it only writes the 1hash file and nothing else. It splits the USD into two partitions, one contains the 1hash, and the other is "unformatted."

I'm sure, and kind of hoping that, I'm "missing some mundane detail." Does anyone have ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks

Joe

Probably everything is ok. Just plug your stick into the usb port and bot from it.
Windows does not see linux partitions and says that is "unformatted"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:20:43 AM

Tried my best to search for an answer, but no luck so far...

has anyone successfully gotten rid of the login loop issue?

Ive console logged in, did a re-image, tried different versions, and every ubuntu based fix i could find online (clear and .Xauthority fixes)

Board is a HP z400 board

Try this:
press CTRL- ALT- F1 together, terminal window will open. Login as m1, pass miner1

type:
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo reboot

Please reply with results

After login in ssh, try the others commands given in page 246 (dpkg ...)

and try to réinstall latest nvidia drivers with

Code:
sudo apt install nividia-387

or try to install nvOC V0019-1.4

Unfortunately did not get rid of the login loop

Does it go into a loop with -1.4?

No loop for me. I was on 1.3 when i réinstall nvidia-387 driver.

1.4 had some smalls bugs, but i correct when i see them. I don't note them. So sorry.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:29:52 AM

Now I can see PIRL has been listed on whattomine, if you are interested to mine it, please follow the below instructions and add it :

Change the coin first in 1bash

COIN="PIRL"

If you want to use the below suggested pool, make sure you set this option to 'DOT'

DOT_POOL_FORMAT_or_FORWARD_SLASH_POOL_FORMAT="DOT"    # DOT  or  SLASH    # formerly ETHERMINEdotORG

Add the PIRL address & pool details in 1bash

PIRL_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
PIRL_ADDRESS="yourPirlAddress"
PIRL_POOL="pirl.pool.sexy:6006"

Add this in 3main at right place

if [ $COIN == "PIRL" ]
then

if [ $ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE == "GENOIL" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/Genoil-U/ethminer'

PIRLADDR="$PIRL_ADDRESS/$PIRL_WORKER"

if [ $DOT_POOL_FORMAT_or_FORWARD_SLASH_POOL_FORMAT == "DOT" ]
then
PIRLADDR="$PIRL_ADDRESS.$PIRL_WORKER"
fi

screen -dmSL miner $HCD -S $PIRL_POOL -O $PIRLADDR:x -SP 1 -U

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

if [ $ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE == "ETHMINER" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/ethminer_12dev2/ethminer'

then
fi

screen -dmSL miner $HCD -S $PIRL_POOL -O $PIRLADDR:x -SP 1 -U

then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

do
sleep 60
done
fi

if [ $ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE == "CLAYMORE" ]
then

HCD=/home/m1/eth/$CLAYMORE_VERSION/ethdcrminer64

then
fi

screen -dmSL miner $HCD -epool $PIRL_POOL -ewal $PIRLADDR -epsw x -mode 1 -allpools 1 -dbg -1 $PIRL_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS

then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

do
sleep 60
done
fi
fi

Effectively, i see that coin seems to pay 0.0057 BTC a day if i beleive that WTM said a this moment !
But not realyy interesting in WTM_Switching profit if it does'nt pay more than ETH in current profit + current revenue !? Right ?
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:37:59 AM

Just installed this nvoc on one of my rigs, looks good. So questions though (no, I did not read all the pages..):

- Is there a way to limit telegram messages to be sent only when there is something wrong, i.e. reboot of server or miner is needed ?
- My rig has some stability issues, I am mining Ethereum with ethminer. In order to track the GPUs causing problems they would have to be run as separate instances/sessions, (xmos does this by default). Any plans for implementing such feature? If not maybe I try with claymore or plug in xmos USB stick, adjust overclock settings and copy them to nvOC.

--
Tigel

I suggest you to read the notes and comments on /home/m1/kk003_telegram and see if its ok for your needs.
Or you can go here:
https://pastebin.com/vPnb6TKn

and see.

I guess if you leave empty var USER_CUSTOM_TIMES_TO_SEND_TELEGRAM you'll get only warnings (including warnings from IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG).

Form:
Code:
USER_CUSTOM_TIMES_TO_SEND_TELEGRAM=("12:00" "18:00" "21:32")

To:
Code:
USER_CUSTOM_TIMES_TO_SEND_TELEGRAM=()

I did not do this check, hope it works for you (I think so).
Let me know if it does not and I'll fix it.

You may too set USER_CUSTOM_TIMES_TO_SEND_TELEGRAM like this:
Code:
USER_CUSTOM_TIMES_TO_SEND_TELEGRAM=("18:00")

to get a telegram once a day at 18:00 (or any other time/s of day you want)

Here is the warnings list (most of them):
Code:
# Some warning you can choose to get via telegram or not 
SEND_WARNING_SYSTEM_RESTARTED="YES" # YES or NO
SEND_WARNING_XORG_RESTARTED="YES"   # YES or NO
SEND_WARNING_LOAD_AVERAGE="YES"     # YES or NO
SEND_WARNING_CHECK_DISPLAY="YES"    # YES or NO
SEND_WARNING_WHEN_NO_L_ON_SCREEN="YES"  # YES or NO     YES send a telegram when screen is not starting miner with -L (create log file)

And some info you may choose to get or not in your telegram msg:
Code:
# some information you can choose to receive or not on your telegram msg
SEND_REBOOT_REQUIRED="YES"      # YES or NO
SEND_WORKERNAME="YES"           # YES or NO
SEND_MINING_COIN="YES"          # YES or NO
SEND_MINING_ADDRESS="YES"       # YES or NO
MASK_MINING_ADDRESS="YES"       # YES or NO
SEND_MINER_EXEC_NAME="YES"      # YES or NO
SEND_MINER_EXEC_PATH="YES"      # YES or NO
SEND_MINER_UP_TIME="YES"        # YES or NO
SEND_PRIVATE_IP="YES"           # YES or NO
SEND_PUBLIC_IP="YES"            # YES or NO
MASK_PUBLIC_IP="NO"             # YES or NO
SEND_SSHD_PORT="YES"            # YES or NO
SEND_UP_SINCE="YES"         # YES or NO
SEND_UP_TIME="YES"          # YES or NO
SEND_RAM="YES"              # YES or NO
SEND_CPU_MODEL="YES"            # YES or NO
SEND_LOGGED_USERS="YES"         # YES or NO

CUSTOMIZE_SYSTEM_NAME=""        # "PRIVATE_IP" or "PUBLIC_IP" or "AnY CusTom nAme you want here", if empty it uses the system's hostname
                    # This is the main header you'll get in your telegram message
                    # PRIVATE_IP will use your private ip/s (remenber you may have more than one)
                    # PUBLIC_IP will use your public ip

Warnings auto-clear when system gets back to normal.

I try to read your huge script and i think you're a very experienced scripter. Thank for it.

But i see multiple auto_gram openden when WTM restart 3main at each switching coin. and i get en ps error but i don't know how.
I will post tomorrow in this thread about that
Missing

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:12:45 AM

Hi, I am using Asus b250 mining expert with Zotac 1070z.   I had installed v0019-1.3 version.   I managed to bring 4 gpu to mine. If I plug in 5th, i will get error "unable to get temperature internal error 15" and the particular GPU is down and the rest of 4 are working. I did changed 5 gpu to another 5 set of gpu and still got same problem.

I had plus the monitor to PCIe 16x gpu and enable the CSM setting. 

If I install more than 5 gpu, can't enter to OS.  Black screen after boots.   Please help
poisonxa

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 03:19:27 AM

Hi, I am using Asus b250 mining expert with Zotac 1070z.   I had installed v0019-1.3 version.   I managed to bring 4 gpu to mine. If I plug in 5th, i will get error "unable to get temperature internal error 15" and the particular GPU is down and the rest of 4 are working. I did changed 5 gpu to another 5 set of gpu and still got same problem.

If I install more than 5 gpu, can't enter to OS.  Black screen after boots.   Please help

have you tried reseting the mothing to optimized settings and switching PCI riser card?

kk003

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:33:47 AM

Just installed this nvoc on one of my rigs, looks good. So questions though (no, I did not read all the pages..):

- Is there a way to limit telegram messages to be sent only when there is something wrong, i.e. reboot of server or miner is needed ?
- My rig has some stability issues, I am mining Ethereum with ethminer. In order to track the GPUs causing problems they would have to be run as separate instances/sessions, (xmos does this by default). Any plans for implementing such feature? If not maybe I try with claymore or plug in xmos USB stick, adjust overclock settings and copy them to nvOC.

--
Tigel

I suggest you to read the notes and comments on /home/m1/kk003_telegram and see if its ok for your needs.
Or you can go here:

and see.

I guess if you leave empty var USER_CUSTOM_TIMES_TO_SEND_TELEGRAM you'll get only warnings (including warnings from IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG).

Form:
Code:

To:
Code:

Code:

Code:
SEND_WARNING_WHEN_NO_L_ON_SCREEN="YES"  # YES or NO     YES send a telegram when screen is not starting miner with -L (create log file)

Code:

CUSTOMIZE_SYSTEM_NAME=""        # "PRIVATE_IP" or "PUBLIC_IP" or "AnY CusTom nAme you want here", if empty it uses the system's hostname

I try to read your huge script and i think you're a very experienced scripter. Thank for it.

But i see multiple auto_gram openden when WTM restart 3main at each switching coin. and i get en ps error but i don't know how.

Thx  Tongue. I don't have a nvoc 19+ installed. The script was tested on nvoc 19 stable so I don't know yet how to get it working with WMT switch.
If some one have WMT switch working on Nvoc 19 stable and want to share a how to I'll be happy to modify the script.
Post what you have anyway.
MentalNomad

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:13:26 AM

have you tried reseting the mothing to optimized settings and switching PCI riser card?

+1 for this... I'd suspect mobo settings or a bad riser.

I've had mobo setting lead to trouble especially when rebuilding a rig from Windows to nvOC; reset is best.
Missing

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:15:55 AM

I tried all and still same problem
MentalNomad

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:17:53 AM

It seems it only writes the 1hash file and nothing else. It splits the USD into two partitions, one contains the 1hash, and the other is "unformatted."

I'm sure, and kind of hoping that, I'm "missing some mundane detail." Does anyone have ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks

Joe

Mundane detail:

The image is a for a USB stick with two partitions:
1. A windows-readable partition with the 1bash file so you can pre-load it with your info from windows.
2. A linux-readable partition with everything else.

The linux-readable partition won't be recognizable to Windows, unless you install third-party software into Windows that allows it to work with EXT4 partitions. That's why fullzero made the two-partition system.

If you boot off that USB stick, on the first boot, it will copy that 1bash file into the /home/m1 directory (which is the "home" directory for the default "m1" account) and use it. Going forward, you'll need to make any edits to 1bash in place; it won't always copy the 1bash from the windows partition.

MentalNomad

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:24:47 AM

Hi, I am using Asus b250 mining expert with Zotac 1070z.   I had installed v0019-1.3 version.   I managed to bring 4 gpu to mine. If I plug in 5th, i will get error "unable to get temperature internal error 15" and the particular GPU is down and the rest of 4 are working. I did changed 5 gpu to another 5 set of gpu and still got same problem.

If I install more than 5 gpu, can't enter to OS.  Black screen after boots.   Please help

Are you trying to power three risers from a single PCI power cable? That often causes problems for me - try to stick with two riser per power cable and see if that helps.

Also, try using different PCIe X1 slots on the mobo, instead, just in case one of those is trouble. (But always include one card plugged into the PCIe x16 slot, connect to your monitor.)

Also, if using two PSUs (A and B) with a single motherboard powered by PSU A, make sure that a graphics card powered by PSU B also has the riser powered by PSU B. I find that powering the GPU and riser from different PSUs leads to instability.
Missing

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:49:09 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 05:00:39 AM by Missing

Hi, I am using Asus b250 mining expert with Zotac 1070z.   I had installed v0019-1.3 version.   I managed to bring 4 gpu to mine. If I plug in 5th, i will get error "unable to get temperature internal error 15" and the particular GPU is down and the rest of 4 are working. I did changed 5 gpu to another 5 set of gpu and still got same problem.

If I install more than 5 gpu, can't enter to OS.  Black screen after boots.   Please help

Are you trying to power three risers from a single PCI power cable? That often causes problems for me - try to stick with two riser per power cable and see if that helps.

Also, try using different PCIe X1 slots on the mobo, instead, just in case one of those is trouble. (But always include one card plugged into the PCIe x16 slot, connect to your monitor.)

Also, if using two PSUs (A and B) with a single motherboard powered by PSU A, make sure that a graphics card powered by PSU B also has the riser powered by PSU B. I find that powering the GPU and riser from different PSUs leads to instability.

1) all cable is limited at 2 riser only

2) all riser and gpu power are powered by same PSU.   If riser is psu B, then gpu is also psu B

3) if I use ethos, can get 12  gtx 1070 working. But NVoC is only 4
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:49:59 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 08:16:34 AM by papampi

--
Tigel

Or you can go here:

and see.

Form:
Code:

To:
Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

That "ps ... " error is  when miner restarted and script cant catch miner up time, you can ignore it.

I changed WTM  auto switch so it dont restart 3main and only start miner, you can test new version in z_papampi_versions

First copy PAPAMPI_WTM,  WTM_AUTO_SWITCH from /home/m1 to a new folder to keep my old version, then copy and replace my versions from  z_papampi_versions to /home/m1/

My new version just restart miner and wdog (to prevent wdog from catching gpu under utilizations) and get faster switch (under 30 seconds with 7 cards)
If you add any new coins or edit miners in 3main you should do the same in wtm-miner,
The new version doesnt work with damNmad OC, so you should disable it.

papampi

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:52:26 AM

--
Tigel

Or you can go here:

and see.

Form:
Code:

To:
Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Thx  Tongue. I don't have a nvoc 19+ installed. The script was tested on nvoc 19 stable so I don't know yet how to get it working with WMT switch.
If some one have WMT switch working on Nvoc 19 stable and want to share a how to I'll be happy to modify the script.
Post what you have anyway.

Let me know what you need from WTM and I provide it for your telegram
These are the additional info WTM gives:

Code:
BTC Price:: 7111 USD
WTM Current Profitabilty: HUSH:113 % ETH:100 % ZEN:95 % ZEC:94 %
WTM Current USD Revenue: HUSH:14.82 ETH:13.15 ZEN:12.49 ZEC:12.39
WTM 24H Average Revenue: 14.8939 USD

papampi

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:07:55 AM

I just noticed BTCZ in 1bash, what is it ?
when it came out ?
Whats the difference BTCZ and BTCG ?

elsystem

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:18:36 AM

On several occasions the OS crashes with kernel issues (cannot start init etc.) on nvOC 19-1.4 on an MSI Z170A M5 with 7 1070 GPUs, running on a 32gb USB drive. I've had to rewrite the OS several times. It works fine for a couple of days and then I get the same message again.

Any ideas what could the issue be?

First thing is to set up nvOC on USB only for testing purposes ... not for long run.
Get a 30$ SSD, and check again.

USB keys are good for testing different versions; or for trying out nvOC for the first time.  But in the long run an SSD will likely outlast multiple USB keys.

We miners are spending thousands on our rigs and when it comes to stability and life span we forget the most important part and thats where the OS is installed on, we think small and go cheap with a 5-10$ USB when we can have much smoother system with a 30$ SSD.

Using USB as daily use is not recommended in any distro, The most important  difference other than USB read/write limit is there's no way for a USB drive to mark bad cells as 'do not use'  whereas the SSD may develop bad areas it can ignore them. With a USB drive one cell goes bad and the whole drive is useless.

I'm Not saying that you shouldn't use a USB for bootable OS, just that it's not a good idea to have it as your main boot drive and only use them for diagnostic / testing purposes.
No mining system should be run from USB as a daily hardcore mining system, but run it on usb, test OS and see if you like it, then install it on SSD.

I think mining with nvOC on USB is only good for those who want to mine when their pc is not in use, so they boot with usb, mine for a while then reboot back to their main OS...

I got the same error on my SSD several times and that's why I switched to a USB drive. I don't have these issues with the same spec rig with 6 1070 GPUs only. Can the number of GPUs affect performance on the MSI Z170A M5? I'll switch back to an SSD and see how it goes.
papampi

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:27:50 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 10:38:28 AM by papampi

On several occasions the OS crashes with kernel issues (cannot start init etc.) on nvOC 19-1.4 on an MSI Z170A M5 with 7 1070 GPUs, running on a 32gb USB drive. I've had to rewrite the OS several times. It works fine for a couple of days and then I get the same message again.

Any ideas what could the issue be?

First thing is to set up nvOC on USB only for testing purposes ... not for long run.
Get a 30$ SSD, and check again.

USB keys are good for testing different versions; or for trying out nvOC for the first time.  But in the long run an SSD will likely outlast multiple USB keys.

We miners are spending thousands on our rigs and when it comes to stability and life span we forget the most important part and thats where the OS is installed on, we think small and go cheap with a 5-10$ USB when we can have much smoother system with a 30$ SSD.

Using USB as daily use is not recommended in any distro, The most important  difference other than USB read/write limit is there's no way for a USB drive to mark bad cells as 'do not use'  whereas the SSD may develop bad areas it can ignore them. With a USB drive one cell goes bad and the whole drive is useless.

I'm Not saying that you shouldn't use a USB for bootable OS, just that it's not a good idea to have it as your main boot drive and only use them for diagnostic / testing purposes.
No mining system should be run from USB as a daily hardcore mining system, but run it on usb, test OS and see if you like it, then install it on SSD.

I think mining with nvOC on USB is only good for those who want to mine when their pc is not in use, so they boot with usb, mine for a while then reboot back to their main OS...

I got the same error on my SSD several times and that's why I switched to a USB drive. I don't have these issues with the same spec rig with 6 1070 GPUs only. Can the number of GPUs affect performance on the MSI Z170A M5? I'll switch back to an SSD and see how it goes.

Dont think so
I have exactly an MSI Z170A M5 with 7x1070 gigabyte, and working with no problems
Have you updated the bios to latest version and set above 4g (mining) in bios?

But I have another mobo z170A carbon or some thing like that, that I can not make 7x1070 cards with it , tested many cpu, and every thing bios
The minute I add 7th, one of the cards wont fully utilize.

TAKCuCT

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:03:33 AM

I have 3 rigs on Asrock h110 BTC+ nvidia based (1070 + 1060) on different PSU's and connected to different routers. All of them has very unpleasant problem: once or twice or thrice per day the system hangs and hangs the entire network. This happens only on nvOC, on smos or on ubuntu 16.04 - ok about 2 days. Tried: disable (and remove) dhcp, another router, disable network manager, usb-lan but problem still here. Any thoughts?
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:00:43 PM

I have 3 rigs on Asrock h110 BTC+ nvidia based (1070 + 1060) on different PSU's and connected to different routers. All of them has very unpleasant problem: once or twice or thrice per day the system hangs and hangs the entire network. This happens only on nvOC, on smos or on ubuntu 16.04 - ok about 2 days. Tried: disable (and remove) dhcp, another router, disable network manager, usb-lan but problem still here. Any thoughts?

You say "the system hangs and hangs the entire network" yet you also say you have 3 rigs. Do you have any idea which system is responsible for a particular "hang"? Also, how do you fix the hang? You also mention disabling usb-lan so how are the rigs connected to the network - wired, wireless, or?

You may want to look for errors/issues in in each rigs /var/log/syslog.
TAKCuCT

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:08:32 PM

You say "the system hangs and hangs the entire network" yet you also say you have 3 rigs. Do you have any idea which system is responsible for a particular "hang"? Also, how do you fix the hang? You also mention disabling usb-lan so how are the rigs connected to the network - wired, wireless, or?

You may want to look for errors/issues in in each rigs /var/log/syslog.
Rigs are in different places but with the same symptoms. Connected by wire. Hangs only can be fixed by reset button or power switch.
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: