Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:42:12 AM

the plan is 100% devcoin, with merged mining on several sha coins. but there is a little twist to it which i will describe later when i get it all up and running

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 10:46:59 AM

My pool that I still use privately used to give people 100% of the bitcoins, and convert all the other coins into DeVCoins to pay out.

But it just wasn't worth all the work of adding it all up and working out what it was all worth when only one user other than me actually used it.

If there was code for doing all that computation and there was more than one person who was going to use it, it might be worthwhile, but even if doing the math each month to work out how much I owed that one other guy only took an hour, it was an hour not worth spending, basically a total waste of time.

Even just a script that looks up how much bitcoin p2pool has paid each person since last the script was run would have helped a lot since then I could have paid everyone (aka that one guy) based on how many bitcoins p2pool had paid out. But I don't even know whether p2pool even keeps all the data such a script would need. (Historic list of all payouts to each miner.)

I have a p2pool mining bitcoins, devcoins, groupcoins, coiledcoins, geistgeld, namecoin, ixcoin and i0coin, all that is missing is a tool for paying out devcoins to miners based on how much bitcoin they mined there. I even have scripts posting the relative values of the coins for me to an include-file for shell-scripts that is put online as http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc

But so far no luck eliciting such a tool (a divvy up the take tool) using bounties.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:53:40 AM

you're on IRC right on the tbx and dvc channels? i have an idea just haven't had a chance to try it out. ill pm you later with it

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

you're on IRC right on the tbx and dvc channels? i have an idea just haven't had a chance to try it out. ill pm you later with it

I am knotwork (or sometimes knotwork_), on Freenode IRC.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 12:56:57 PM

To anyone trying to get started on Devtome, this is the perfect post.

I don't see your user page which should be at http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:oleole  So log in and go to this page and create it (top of page center link).

On your page place this below
==Collated==
*[[:Your Article Here]] - Source: Collated

==Original==
*[[:Your Article Here]] - Source: Original

==Link==
www.yourwebsitethatreferstodevtome.ifyouhaveone (optional and should point to http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing to earn a fractional marketing share)

==Signature==
link to your bitcointalk signature which has a link to http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing to get a fractional marketing share

==Tip==
Coin Address: hsghs55gf..........

Once you have your user page set up, to create an article page write this (this example is for an original article)
*[[:Your Article Here]] - Source: Original

Once you have done that, save your page and click on that link. Create that page as you did your user page (link at top of page - create page). The edit box will appear, place your text in it and save. Edit as needed to get the correct formatting, text appearance, and of course for grammar.

If you want to place any images in your article there are instructions here - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devtome_how_to_post_an_image

Welcome to Devtome.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:34:44 PM

I agree the above post is very informative.  One question:  How can I link directly to my forum signature?

Edit:  I included the link to my forum profile.  Did I do the right thing?

Edit:  Another question:  I thought links could be to pages which link to any article, or does it have to be the specific "Earn Devcoins by writing" page?
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 05:38:45 PM

I agree the above post is very informative.  One question:  How can I link directly to my forum signature?

Edit:  I included the link to my forum profile.  Did I do the right thing?

I actually don't remember. I don't have mine as DVC links anymore.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 05:54:48 PM

Guys,

I like what MarkM said that we can do to avoid people abusing the system and to bring in people dedicated to the cause of devcoin. He brought something up that made me think, what he initially said was the devtome earner's reciever wallet should have atleast as many dvc as they would get by writing for the current round.

If we really wanted to raise the price and basically guarantee that writer's would not drop the price by 1 satoishi we can say that they would earn as many devcoins as they have in their wallets at any time. So after each round if the writer dumps some dvc they will need to buy the amount they intend to earn by writing. This is essentially a 0 sum proposition so that each user cannot negatively effect the price only positive at the same time giving the opportunity for writers to earn by writing.

At the very least we should assume that each round that many coins should exist in the reciever's wallet, this is to avoid the people who solely write and dump each round. I think this should be an essential requirement. Doesn't make sense that people are allowed to write 80k words and then dump right away without actually holding anything as collateral. This will not avoid the case where people will make a one time buy of devcoin and then continually earn and dump, but it is better than nothing and a good starting point.

Not only would this drive in quality material but also quality developers/writers as well who look out for the long term prospects of devcoin and not only the short term.

Based on feedback I think maybe in the future we can extend it for the 50% requirement and keep a tally of how much each person has earned so that the user will have a 0 sum if they cash in their dvc when they feel they are done writing.

How would this change come about? Would there be a vote or consensus among admins?
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:33:10 PM

Guys,

I like what MarkM said that we can do to avoid people abusing the system and to bring in people dedicated to the cause of devcoin. He brought something up that made me think, what he initially said was the devtome earner's reciever wallet should have atleast as many dvc as they would get by writing for the current round.

If we really wanted to raise the price and basically guarantee that writer's would not drop the price by 1 satoishi we can say that they would earn as many devcoins as they have in their wallets at any time. So after each round if the writer dumps some dvc they will need to buy the amount they intend to earn by writing. This is essentially a 0 sum proposition so that each user cannot negatively effect the price only positive at the same time giving the opportunity for writers to earn by writing.

At the very least we should assume that each round that many coins should exist in the reciever's wallet, this is to avoid the people who solely write and dump each round. I think this should be an essential requirement. Doesn't make sense that people are allowed to write 80k words and then dump right away without actually holding anything as collateral. This will not avoid the case where people will make a one time buy of devcoin and then continually earn and dump, but it is better than nothing and a good starting point.

Not only would this drive in quality material but also quality developers/writers as well who look out for the long term prospects of devcoin and not only the short term.

Based on feedback I think maybe in the future we can extend it for the 50% requirement and keep a tally of how much each person has earned so that the user will have a 0 sum if they cash in their dvc when they feel they are done writing.

How would this change come about? Would there be a vote or consensus among admins?
I don't care HOW MANY PEOPLE say that this doesn't matter, but Devcoin has been 10$ before. JUST LIKE THE 60,000,000 DVC dump DROPPED the price... If we Unionized, and no one sold DVC for under 1 Penny. And everyone BOUGHT Devcoins that were under a penny when they could, so that they were no longer listed. The price of the coin would INEVITABLY  be one penny.

And that is the power of trading. There are ways for this to happen, even without doing it through direct trade, EX:

When I start a Silver shop, I will be testing the silver and allowing people to view THEIR bar/round of silver tested for purity. Literally they can see the bar in their hand, and compare the serial number to the one in the video.

And this silver will be available for DVC. So people will see that they can buy pure silver with DVC, and they will want DVC or put a higher value on the DVC in their wallet.

Same would happen if ANY OTHER stores started opening.

And AS SOON as these things start happening, Devcoins value goes up. There's your incentive to hold.

HOLDING COINS DOES NOT MAKE THEM WORTH MORE

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:34:13 PM

Instead of spending the time to recode the coin or wallets, why not work to unionize the writers?

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:36:54 PM

Damn dense. That's why I'm the newest DeVCoin Administrator. Thanks for asking! Enjoy your coin, I wish you lots of success with it.
And can I ask that someone ask Shakezula not to take this out on my articles. I'm pretty sure he's just a troll from Rollitup.org along with Haxxor and a few others. (did he show up after me?)

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:44:18 PM

What if the reason the wallet is empty is because the author decided to invest the funds in some venture which might help the Devcoin cause?

Edit: Sorry--probably should have quoted.  I'm referring to the post where it's proposed that writers only get paid the amount they have in their wallets.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:45:55 PM

What if the reason the wallet is empty is because the author decided to invest the funds in some venture which might help the Devcoin cause?

That's what I'm saying. And it's about to be Christmas.

If I want to invest in my family, and you want to hold Devcoins. Buy my Devcoins. No brainer.

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 06:47:21 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 07:34:38 PM by shakezula

Damn dense. That's why I'm the newest DeVCoin Administrator. Thanks for asking! Enjoy your coin, I wish you lots of success with it.
And can I ask that someone ask Shakezula not to take this out on my articles. I'm pretty sure he's just a troll from Rollitup.org along with Haxxor and a few others. (did he show up after me?)

I'm not covering names starting with F. I have nothing to do with Rollitup, not even sure what that is--and while I do ever enjoy a bit of Cannabis now and then, your paranoia is showing.

Also, you may have noticed "Shakezula" is incorrect, my actual nick spelled "shakezula." By the way, Hannibal, you might be interested to know I'm happy to share my IRL info, I'm adam mckinney in real life and you're welcome to visit my domain at andarazoroflove.org anytime you'd like to learn more about me.

Finally, you may not like me and I certainly don't like you, but that's not a reason for me to treat your writings with anything more than feigning disdain. You can be assured I will keep my distaste for you to the threads you start and continue.

~Edit (I used the button). All posts below this one from FinShaggy should be deleted. They are off-topic and I've removed mine as a gesture of truce, resulting from my increasing apathy towards him).
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:47:45 PM

I literally spent a bunch of coins on books. I have over 30 in the mail, including text books. And those are so I can earn more, not so I can hold coins.\

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:49:57 PM

I'm not covering names starting with F. I have nothing to do with Rollitup, not even sure what that is--and while I do ever enjoy a bit of Cannabis now and then, your paranoia is showing.

You may not like me and I certainly don't like you, but that's not a reason for me to treat your writings with anything more than feigning disdain. You can be assured I will keep my distaste for you to the threads you start and continue.

It's not paranoia, I can show you where people followed me around. And someone even made a false account of me on Facebook and tried to cyber with all my friends (I know who it was, he bragged about it).

I'm still not going to just not think you are a troll. You have been with all the other people that are saying the EXACT same things the people on RIU say (and there are only like 6 of you here).

And I bet you came after me, not before. Probably even after I posted on RIU that I was earning money for writing.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 06:57:15 PM

You may not like me and I certainly don't like you, but that's not a reason for me to treat your writings with anything more than feigning disdain. You can be assured I will keep my distaste for you to the threads you start and continue.

It's not paranoia, I can show you where people followed me around. And someone even made a false account of me on Facebook and tried to cyber with all my friends (I know who it was, he bragged about it).

I'm still not going to just not think you are a troll. You have been with all the other people that are saying the EXACT same things the people on RIU.

And I bet you came after me, not before. Probably even after I posted on RIU that I was earning money for writing.

Well I've said it before that YOU were the reason I got in to DevTome, so take all the credit you'd like for me coming after you. For the record, I invested every coin I got from round 24 in the ASICMINER DVC Passthrough, I didn't buy any Xboxes or pay my rent as I do have a real job.

You are welcome to think I'm whoever you'd like to think. Truth is, Hannibal, you don't know it all.

The only reason I bought Xbox games is because my little brother died, and my other little brother never gets the games he wants from my parents. PLUS, no one was down to work on anything with me on Bitcointalk, so I just bought more games. Plus sun glasses for my sister, whose birthday was THE DAY AFTER my brother died. Then I bought USBs for my family.

Again, no one here was trying to throw down on anything. And I didn't even know how the DVC bounty bond site worked back then.

When did I claimed I knew everything? Everyone on RIU receives information in that fashion, I don't see why you guys are like that. When someone posts about something, it doesn't mean they think they are better than you. And when they talk shit (like I do) because you don't even want to stay on topic, you are a TROLL. Especially when you follow someone around to do it.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:05:48 PM

One day we will all have bigger problems than an idealist like myself (which is basically the reason for the hate when we boil it all down).
And we will all have to work together to deal with it.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

To be honest the only reason I've trolled you a bit on this site is simply because you're an easy target. You start worthless threads and post 3x-4x in them without using the "edit" button. You contradict yourself and make ludicrous claims and wax poetic about things you have zero knowledge about. You spout some of the most inane bullshit I've ever seen put down in print and then have the gall to be offended when someone wants to debate with you.

Here's my offering of a truce. I will not poke at you anymore and in return you stick to intelligent conversation without any paranoia or conspiracy theories. Oh, and learn how to use the "Edit" button please.

So basically because you come into my threads with a preconceived notion of me.

Ok. Truce. I never talk about conspiracy (even in my thread about mason coins, where I talk about masons, I never mentioned a single conspiracy). And I never post paranoid threads.

How bout, you just don't read my threads? That would probably just be more rational and less insane than you attempting to control someone on the internet.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 07:20:05 PM

Ha, you did it again.  Roll Eyes  See that "edit" button? Its so you don't have to post twice in a row.

Wow. I am done reading anything you have to say. You ARE from RIU, this is DEFINITIVE proof. That is the ONLY website I have EVER been on where ANYONE mentioned that besides YOU, NOW.

WOW.

You've probably been reading my threads for almost 2 years now. At least 1 year. And THAT is what you have to complain about... Conspiracies (Which I DO NOT talk about) and pressing the god damn Edit button... WOW.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: