Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:23:04 PM

This is a big thing, are we advertising in the right places Devcoin?

Art shops have to know about it, high school teachers need to know about it, anyone who is a hub for connecting developers/writers need to know about it.
So that's it, Get targeted advertisement to get the word to spread, get as many supporters of art as possible, we only have Devtome right now, but it's for the
greater creative effort.

so who wants to start posting into the Devcoin advertisement materials category on Devtome? pictures, videos, pamphlets, writings, personal opinions, anything to show who we are in a spot on Devtome that anyone can find, If each one of us makes one piece we can have everything done in no time; We just have to play it by ear, Devtome is Jazz not a symphony, make what you think Devcoin needs or provide your insight, share it on facebook with your friends, talk about it in art forums. Wherever our kind of people are is where we should be looking.

Devcoin came from the Cryptography community, just a fringe part of it's core, interested in writing, art, philosophy, you name it. We got the technical
know how to get all these new communities that we too are part of to become part of the revolution.

It is National Novel Writing Month RIGHT NOW and on NanoWrimo.org I have been PMing people about Devtome. We need more people doing this though, there are THOUSANDS of people writing novels this months and THOUSANDS of students that participate in NanoWrimo even when it's not november (the have meet ups). We NEED to tap into that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:24:26 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 09:50:58 PM by ANiceJewishBoy

Art shops have to know about it, high school teachers need to know about it, anyone who is a hub for connecting developers/writers need to know about it.
So that's it, Get targeted advertisement to get the word to spread, get as many supporters of art as possible, we only have Devtome right now, but it's for the
greater creative effort.

so who wants to start posting into the Devcoin advertisement materials category on Devtome? pictures, videos, pamphlets, writings, personal opinions, anything to show who we are in a spot on Devtome that anyone can find, If each one of us makes one piece we can have everything done in no time; We just have to play it by ear, Devtome is Jazz not a symphony, make what you think Devcoin needs or provide your insight, share it on facebook with your friends, talk about it in art forums. Wherever our kind of people are is where we should be looking.

Devcoin came from the Cryptography community, just a fringe part of it's core, interested in writing, art, philosophy, you name it. We got the technical
know how to get all these new communities that we too are part of to become part of the revolution.
Yep but firstly it needs better website and marketing materials.

No this is the BULLSHIT I am talking about. YOU are supposed to buy the materials and help fund new sites, THAT IS WHAT THEY PAY US FOR.
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:47:05 PM

You guys say that too many people are selling, I believe the problem is too many people aren't willing to sell cheap devcoins.

If everyone that got devcoins for free wasn't an ass and would sell them for cheap to people that have to spend money to get them, then the coin would have a wider audience as well as go up in value. Because we get them for free, so their value is 0. You have to sell them (even for .0000001 BTC) because that is the only way to give them value. The person that PAID .0000001 satoshi cares MORE than you, because you got it for free.

The person that bought it for .0000001 satoshi is BETTER for devcoin than you (and me and everyone that gets free DVC). And they are NEW to devcoin, so they are expanding the community.
No. This is what's wrong with the current setup of ~90% returns emanating from one particular project. They are not free if they require WORK to acquire - whether that's time spent writing, coding, art, running a business, marketing, admin...whatever. The concepts of user-base and velocity you're alluding to are not at all what that zero-value outline actually infers when price is trending towards such confirmation of price=value.

They're only 'free' to those on the receiving end of a faucet - OR to those who (1) don't value the effort they're putting in, or (2) don't value the result of any effort put in, or (3) know that nobody else will value it.

When I've said the payment structure needs to move away from being devtome-focused this is precisely the point I was making (so thanks Fin). It's not about lambasting all writers, or all coders, or all anyone - it's just that payment, any payment must be the result of work - or the self assigned value is zero (or at least perpetually < whatever the reward is), and behaviour from that point will reflect the 'anything's better than zero' perpetual return scramble.

If devtome (it could be any project) was allotted a fixed sum or % of total per round, that would catalyse a far greater mutual-vetting of peers vying for compensation that would serve to both assure quality and greater price stability (no I have no idea what that equilibrium price would be).
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 11:22:58 PM

FYI: Fujara - UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity aquired for Cryptocoins.
https://devda.ch/content/fujara-unesco-intangible-cultural-heritage-humanity-aquired-cryptocoins

This wonderfull Instrument is funded partialy (2.5M) with DVC

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:28:05 PM

You guys say that too many people are selling, I believe the problem is too many people aren't willing to sell cheap devcoins.

If everyone that got devcoins for free wasn't an ass and would sell them for cheap to people that have to spend money to get them, then the coin would have a wider audience as well as go up in value. Because we get them for free, so their value is 0. You have to sell them (even for .0000001 BTC) because that is the only way to give them value. The person that PAID .0000001 satoshi cares MORE than you, because you got it for free.

The person that bought it for .0000001 satoshi is BETTER for devcoin than you (and me and everyone that gets free DVC). And they are NEW to devcoin, so they are expanding the community.
No. This is what's wrong with the current setup of ~90% returns emanating from one particular project. They are not free if they require WORK to acquire - whether that's time spent writing, coding, art, running a business, marketing, admin...whatever. The concepts of user-base and velocity you're alluding to are not at all what that zero-value outline actually infers when price is trending towards such confirmation of price=value.

They're only 'free' to those on the receiving end of a faucet - OR to those who (1) don't value the effort they're putting in, or (2) don't value the result of any effort put in, or (3) know that nobody else will value it.

When I've said the payment structure needs to move away from being devtome-focused this is precisely the point I was making (so thanks Fin). It's not about lambasting all writers, or all coders, or all anyone - it's just that payment, any payment must be the result of work - or the self assigned value is zero (or at least perpetually < whatever the reward is), and behaviour from that point will reflect the 'anything's better than zero' perpetual return scramble.

If devtome (it could be any project) was allotted a fixed sum or % of total per round, that would catalyse a far greater mutual-vetting of peers vying for compensation that would serve to both assure quality and greater price stability (no I have no idea what that equilibrium price would be).

Yeah, I've gotta say... FinShaggy is putting out some really bad messages towards Devtome in his YT videos. Been watching them and they make me cringe. He's actively supporting things like drivel and low-quality writing (and even states at one point that even if you suck at writing and have nothing to write about, it's fine as long as it's readable). He also gives ideas of what to write about that *clearly* represent drivel.

He's devaluing the entire DVC/Devtome project with his attempts at "marketing" it and it's going to make things worse.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:43:20 PM

Yeah, I've gotta say... FinShaggy is putting out some really bad messages towards Devtome in his YT videos. Been watching them and they make me cringe. He's actively supporting things like drivel and low-quality writing (and even states at one point that even if you suck at writing and have nothing to write about, it's fine as long as it's readable). He also gives ideas of what to write about that *clearly* represent drivel.

He's devaluing the entire DVC/Devtome project with his attempts at "marketing" it and it's going to make things worse.
Yes I appreciate what I said doesn't refer to everyone. I haven't seen those videos and I don't plan to watch them. A number of us have tried to outline the consensus view on Fin's approach, but there's not much anyone can do to prevent individuals' own efforts. Again this stems from a structure with (for now) a more limited acquisition base via projects/bounties. Where with a different structure one errant approach would probably blend into the mass, here it remains one of a limited number and therefore more noted. Surely it's at least within the remit of devtome to vet writings that don't at least meet a basic pre-requisite of being readable.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:20:29 AM

greater creative effort.

No this is the BULLSHIT I am talking about. YOU are supposed to buy the materials and help fund new sites, THAT IS WHAT THEY PAY US FOR.

The bounties should be used for this purpose, that means the writers earn less as a result. As bounties get completed price shoudl rise and writers will see more incentive to write quality materials. Price rising should give proper incentive to write instead of the other way around. Bounties get 45% of the generation shares will allow for a new website and marketing.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:28:28 AM

I've written to UnthinkingBit to review of the proposed changes and give his thoughts. Its been a few weeks since he got back to me and I have no idea if he is planning to but I pushed some ideas to him, some bad some good and maybe its a better idea to open them up to the public and have everyone's thoughts on them. I already went public in giving my idea of halving the writers subsidy, but maybe it should be even more drastic so we need a consensus on what the proportion should go to bounties, to admins (if any), to marketing, to devtome training wheels. Devtome should be able to support itself theoretically and writers would be paid based on revenue from ads, but there is not enough revenue to justify that anything will be written at all (maybe that's ok?) Once project starts rolling, revenue from ads increases and writers start to come in to? This would open up the entire alotment of the shares to bounties etc.

Anyways my proposal was to simply review the alotment of shares to devtome and to set up a bounty piggy bank which accrues value over time until someone claims the bounty with the work. Each bounty would have admin's allocated which get paid and marketing shares which also get paid. If that is not reasonable I ask Unthinkingbit please tell us why not, or what your thoughts are? With the new people coming into crypto, it would be good to do some nice marketing with a good change that we are all happy with to renew interest in such a great project!

Jag
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:28:28 AM

[
The bounties should be used for this purpose, that means the writers earn less as a result. As bounties get completed price shoudl rise and writers will see more incentive to write quality materials. Price rising should give proper incentive to write instead of the other way around. Bounties get 45% of the generation shares will allow for a new website and marketing.

Some DVC should be allotted for this kind of stuff, either via Bounties or direct share allocation. I for example would be willing to fund domain names or VPS hosting for a year+ if I could be allocated additional shares for the task.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:33:29 AM

[

Some DVC should be allotted for this kind of stuff, either via Bounties or direct share allocation. I for example would be willing to fund domain names or VPS hosting for a year+ if I could be allocated additional shares for the task.

Yes this is a great example of a list on the reciever file to represent reoccuring payments via shares and this makes sense to me. We are paying someone to fund domain names which is a reoccuring payment structure. In this sense a bounty may be released and taken up by someone willing to do so. It would probably be taken up fairly quickly. The bounty itself can be a reoccuring payment and it would make sense to put you on a share list that pays out certain shares commensurate the cost of funding domain names and/or VPS hosting. Right now we also have admins that are paid and we don't know what/how much work is being done to deserve payment. If it were public to everyone it would be great.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:34:49 AM

You are placing too much value on everyone's work, when not everyone's work even brings people here. So you can't equate work put in, to value of the coin.

That will kill the coin.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:42:33 AM

greater creative effort.

The problem with bounties is not payment amount, it's that NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THEM anywhere but this thread and in PMs.

You all need to be LOUDER.

No way to do bounties when all the coins are going to writers dont you get it? Why would anyone talk about them when the whole project has became oyt devtome? Ie how about a bounty about a website which gives devcoin info and a bounty hub and bug problem trackwr? What about a bounty to add devcoin to an exchange? Noone thinking about it because there is no incentive. Noone gets paid for it so why bother?

We need to make the change and market it as fresh exciting changes bringing ppl in. This is the perfect time to do it as new people are entering in waves from the rise in btc awareness.
notabot

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:10:26 AM

Since I discovered devcoin, it has impressed me in it's simple yet beautiful concept. A coin that pays people to be creative in one form or the other. Unthinkingbit and the really great developers back in the old GrouPCoin thread have designed a  virtual currency that benefits the good of humanity. That is what impresses me.  It's not about premining, greed, or pump and dumps, it's about actually helping others out and making something out of nothing. Man I respect that. It's a rare thing and I admire Unthinkingbit for his vision. Everyone here has benefited from it at one point or another, or is about to. How cool is that.

Bitcoin is certainly looking like it is going mainstream. Attention will come to devcoin, you can be certain of that. But what will people think when they come here and see the thread full of whining and criticism. Not to mention low quality and/or inaccurate information. It is up to everyone here to project devcoin in a positive light. Has anyone thought about what potential investors will be researching? This thread for sure and what will be their conclusion? What would yours be if you were an outsider?

When devcoin has its moment in the spotlight, by design or chance, this thread and bickering can really set it back. I have faith in Unthinkingbit and his decisions. He does not do anything rashly and always fairly. He also appears to be very tolerant. Perhaps he was, or is, an English professor. That would explain the writing and the tolerance. But I speculate. What is certain is that he has his reasons for doing this.

I think we need to respect devcoin for what it is. It is not bitcoin, it does not have mass adoption, but it has persevered and carried on, and being merge mined it will carry on, and on, and on. And the payout of coins is much larger, so the value, although we all want it higher, is what it is at this point in time. Really if you want it higher, we have to raise the standards ourselves, starting here. We require unity and one message. Look at the devcoin motto - "From the Many One, From One the Source". Think about it for a bit.

Also all publicity is not good publicity. If it is not endorsed by the community, of what use is it? It detracts from the message that investors want to see. I read recently that an investment company bought $15 million of bitcoin. We only need a $100,000 investment to raise the price way above what it is at now. If something is attracting flak from within the community, it might be wise to consider removing it in the sake of unity. From the Many - One. One message, consistent = one community, solid. 

If (when/now?) bitcoin becomes a truly deflationary currency/commodity, and litecoin could well go the same way, attention could come to devcoin, as there is no market cap, and shouldn't be deflationary (although we can hope); would it not fit the bill for a currency of trade? The price fall measured against bitcoin is to be expected. Some one mentioned recently about a $USD/DVC chart, and that person was onto something. We can't measure it's value against bitcoin, it won't work.  We could measure it against litecoin, and there is information on that. Of course there is volatility, but you know what, it's not looking so bad!

If you feel you are getting too many coins, why not start your own bounty? It sounds like there is enough support, and how good would that publicity be? Devcoin, the coin that pays people, and the recipients follow the ideology themselves and create their own altruistic bounties. People could contribute to it, as is happening with the client. That would be something great and it's totally doable. And you could choose the project yourself.

I'll start a bounty right now, I have 300,000 devcoins to anyone who can create a $USD/DVC chart. It's ready to be claimed by the first person who can create a chart (similar to cryptocoincharts.info or cryptsy, vircurex, etc), just showing the $USD price per million devcoin, and being able to select by the day, month, year to date, and all time. I'll put another 100,000 devcoin into the bounty if it has a message below it that comes from the community. To get that message, I propose a friendly competition, posted on Devtome so all get earnings anyways, and I have another 100,000 for the message, as chosen by a poll in a thread, participated in only by current or past devcoin recipients. I'd really like to see that. It might well surprise us all. And anyone else can chip in if they choose.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:15:15 AM

I think the main issues are:

1.  Quality of content.
2.  Organisation of content in a sustainable aka profitable way.

From what I gather a content rating system has been added where admins vote on the quality of the writers work.  Can anyone confirm this is happening?  If so, that's a step in the right direction.

The second problem has to do with advertising.  Currently devtome is about everything under the sun, from fiction to non-fiction.  That makes it very difficult to find advertisers and/or advertising networks interested in advertising in Devtome, because the traffic to Devtome is highly un-targeted.  The traffic matches the content, so in other words, the people visiting Devtome are also interested in everything under the sun.  This is very bad for advertisers, who want targeted traffic, people who are interested in their specific product.  

Therefore, what is needed is a complete redesign of Devtome.  It should be separated into several different websites each with a niche topic.  This is also better for traffic, because Google search likes focused content too, not content that is about anything and everything.  Unfortunately the 'open source wiki' model just isn't good enough.  We need to compromise away from that ideal, and turn Devtome into a network of Devcoin powered websites, each with their own domain name and dismantle devtome, and publish the current Devtome content on the new network.  I'd be happy to go into a plan of this in more detail if others agree this should be done.  

Put simply, Devtome needs to be repackaged into something more spunky for readers, more effective for advertisers and more focued for the search engines.  We nee a marketable product before going on a huge marketing campaign.

(Edit:  I know about traffic and advertising because I used to work in SEO, I ran a blog network and sold it for over $20k)
best_btc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:58:08 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 03:51:11 PM by best_btc

looks even better, ha? got it from another customer support agent on mtgox.

take that pic, and post it on twitter, hashtag it combined w #devcoin #bitcoin #litecoin #mtgox etc- you get it. create the hype, its a self-fulfilling prophesy.
write a request yourself EVERY day till its there:
https://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

support@btcchina.com 

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
https://twitter.com/MtGox
https://support.mtgox.com/home
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:41:47 PM

No way to do bounties when all the coins are going to writers dont you get it? Why would anyone talk about them when the whole project has became oyt devtome? Ie how about a bounty about a website which gives devcoin info and a bounty hub and bug problem trackwr? What about a bounty to add devcoin to an exchange? Noone thinking about it because there is no incentive. Noone gets paid for it so why bother?

We need to make the change and market it as fresh exciting changes bringing ppl in. This is the perfect time to do it as new people are entering in waves from the rise in btc awareness.

LOL LOL LOL

So you think paying THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS DO CODING more money to do WHAT THEY ALREADY DO will make them want to... Do it faster?

We need MORE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOUNTIES, NOT MORE MONEY IN THEM. If someone wants more money for bounties, they should start completing more, more often. there's the fucking incentive.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:56:47 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 08:10:41 PM by smeagol

The rating system has been in place for several rounds. Each writer will get rated 8 times. The rating is applied to the word count. One of my articles, which I have since rewritten, got 60, so my word count is multiplied by 0.6. It will change as I receive more ratings.  It does work as I have looked critically at my work, done a couple of rewrites, and a couple of deletions.

The mixed content is unique, it allows diversity, and does not fit within any box. Ultimately it is about the concept that will drive investor demand.  

Where can you see your ratings?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:35:24 PM

No way to do bounties when all the coins are going to writers dont you get it?

That's not quite correct. There is no rule at all saying that all coins should go to the writers.

The total number of coins distributed per round is fixed, but how it is allocated is completely flexible.

So, when a lot of writers are writing but no-one is doing development, the coins go to writers, but when there is a lot of development, the share the writers get is less.

A simple example: if there are just 5 writers in a round each getting 10 shares and no developers have participated, each writer would get 20% of the distribution. But if there are just five writers each getting 10 shares and a developer has claimed bounties for 50 shares, then each writer gets 10% and the developer gets 50% of the distribution.

So to "fix" the problem, all that needs to happen is that the shares allocated per development task is increased. If you up-ed it to 100 shares per development task for example, the portion the writers get will immediately drop. I don't know how unthinkingbit decides how much each development is worth, but I don't think anyone would object if he raised the bounties for development.

The "problem" if you like is that developers arn't really bothering to claim their bounties for the list of tasks already out there, but writers are, which is why it seems so lop-sided.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

LOL LOL LOL

So you think paying THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS DO CODING more money to do WHAT THEY ALREADY DO will make them want to... Do it faster?

We need MORE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOUNTIES, NOT MORE MONEY IN THEM. If someone wants more money for bounties, they should start completing more, more often. there's the fucking incentive.

The problem is as price falls the bounty decreases in terms of usd or btc... so theres no incentive to do the work. Too much work for each dvc.. whereas writing gives too much dvc for work.. I have to agree with these other guys I dont know how you dont see it but the braincells must be affected for sure. Im not sure you fully grasp the concept of an economy.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

No way to do bounties when all the coins are going to writers dont you get it?

That's not quite correct. There is no rule at all saying that all coins should go to the writers.

The total number of coins distributed per round is fixed, but how it is allocated is completely flexible.

So, when a lot of writers are writing but no-one is doing development, the coins go to writers, but when there is a lot of development, the share the writers get is less.

A simple example: if there are just 5 writers in a round each getting 10 shares and no developers have participated, each writer would get 20% of the distribution. But if there are just five writers each getting 10 shares and a developer has claimed bounties for 50 shares, then each writer gets 10% and the developer gets 50% of the distribution.

So to "fix" the problem, all that needs to happen is that the shares allocated per development task is increased. If you up-ed it to 100 shares per development task for example, the portion the writers get will immediately drop. I don't know how unthinkingbit decides how much each development is worth, but I don't think anyone would object if he raised the bounties for development.

The "problem" if you like is that developers arn't really bothering to claim their bounties for the list of tasks already out there, but writers are, which is why it seems so lop-sided.

Thanks for clearing that up and it makes total sense why all shares
go to the writers. However ask yourself why this is the case? Why is it that there is no development going on? Advertisement? Im sure it has had the same scope as devtome. Maybe the fact that the static bounties were not taken up because they had to be worth more for someone to do it.. this is coupled with the fact that not many people knew about them.. however if the bounties were allocated shares every round until they were done I would say that we would have alot more development going on and more useful output from the project.

I guess what Im saying is that the bounties should not be static but based on a supply demand equilibrium. Supply being devcoin demand being amount of devcoin requested. As more supply is added each round demand will reach supply and bounty will be claimed. As more bounties get claimed visibility to the project will increase as well as marketing leverage to show others what has already been done. It should snowball from there. You have to agree that even though the floating bounty payout is decreasing work per dvc that it is still exponentially higher than the devtome work per dvc even with a rating system.

Devtome output is ad revenue and input is work for devcoin. While bounty output is increased awareness and usefulness in terms of something done for this or another project.
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: