Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:45:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 07:51:15 PM

Please PM me to prompt me payment as i am little swamped with all the activation request accounts for devtome!!

If you would like me to stem the flow I could ask that some of the 50 words be sent to me on the thread I made about Devtome, then I could message you with lists of users that sent a good 50 words.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EmilianoZ

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:50:27 PM

Probably worth pointing out that devtome articles have to be in english for the moment.

Aw, really? We should work on setting up a "Translate each others work for Devcoins" program. And get even the stuff we already have put in other languages.
I would like to translate some devtome material to spanish, at the moment the translators list works to have the work of foreign language speakers translated to english and upload it to devtome
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:28:24 AM

Probably worth pointing out that devtome articles have to be in english for the moment.

Aw, really? We should work on setting up a "Translate each others work for Devcoins" program. And get even the stuff we already have put in other languages.
I would like to translate some devtome material to spanish, at the moment the translators list works to have the work of foreign language speakers translated to english and upload it to devtome

I'm confused.

Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:32:27 AM

Listed in order of seniority, FinShaggy, Metazilla, Emfox and Weisoq did a lot. I looked over their posts and saw that they were helpful and polite, so they were asked to be administrators. Besides the option of maintaining a receiver file, each administrator does one task. The following choices were given:

1) Promoter.

2) Awarding the tiny (fraction of a share) bounties, and checking that paid maintenance work is being done.

3) Helping people install devcoin on Linux, making binaries for major Linux distributions, and when possible, packages.

4) Investor relations. Charting the growth in words and page views. When we have advertising revenue, determine the net present value of writing a devtome article and chart the growth in revenue.

5) Signing up writers, along with Fuzzy Bear and any other signing administrators. The work would be split according to the writers' name, for example if there were two, the first signing administrator would handle A-K, and the second L-Z.

6) Handling the bitcoin share and devcoin share list.

7) Make up your own job.

FinShaggy chose promoter, Metazilla chose the share lists, Emfox chose Linux, and Weisoq chose to sign up writers. They'll all get the 1 to 4 shares ongoing for administration work.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:39:48 AM

Listed in order of seniority, FinShaggy, Metazilla, Emfox and Weisoq did a lot. I looked over their posts and saw that they were helpful and polite, so they were asked to be administrators. Besides the option of maintaining a receiver file, each administrator does one task. The following choices were given:

1) Promoter.

2) Awarding the tiny (fraction of a share) bounties, and checking that paid maintenance work is being done.

3) Helping people install devcoin on Linux, making binaries for major Linux distributions, and when possible, packages.

4) Investor relations. Charting the growth in words and page views. When we have advertising revenue, determine the net present value of writing a devtome article and chart the growth in revenue.

5) Signing up writers, along with Fuzzy Bear and any other signing administrators. The work would be split according to the writers' name, for example if there were two, the first signing administrator would handle A-K, and the second L-Z.

7) Make up your own job.

FinShaggy chose promoter, Metazilla chose the share lists, Emfox chose Linux, and Weisoq chose to sign up writers. They'll all get the 1 to 4 shares ongoing for administration work.

Awesome, thanks Smiley

Online Devcoin Chatroom:
http://coinchat.org/j:devcoin

jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:44:39 AM

1) Promoter.

7) Make up your own job.

Bravo guys.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:38:00 AM

Thanks Unthinkingbit and jasin. Smiley

Also I'd recommend that all of the administrators join the #devcoin IRC channel on freenode.net, in case people need help with devcoin. There are already a few people idling in the channel daily, but it'd be cool to get the channel more active! Unthinkingbit, maybe you could add the IRC channel info to the 1st post of this thread?

Tywill

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 02:58:31 AM

Thanks Unthinkingbit and jasin. Smiley

Also I'd recommend that all of the administrators join the #devcoin IRC channel on freenode.net, in case people need help with devcoin. There are already a few people idling in the channel daily, but it'd be cool to get the channel more active! Unthinkingbit, maybe you could add the IRC channel info to the 1st post of this thread?

good idea, this thread is entirely too long.  I got to page 5 and got burned out. An IRC channel would be easier.
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:01:39 AM

Unthinkingbit, maybe you could add the IRC channel info to the 1st post of this thread?

Good idea, I added it to the first post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg430630#msg430630

as:
IRC Channel: #devcoin on freenode.net

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:25:48 AM

Looks like FinShaggy is devcoining local subforums with google-translated posts (ouch)
I repaired the one on the French forum  Smiley

I just wanted to get it out there. More than just America needs to know about the coins. If anyone can actually speak other languages, please go add to the discussion, or make your own devcoin thread.

I'm fluent Romanian and Romania is in the EU and they have about 20 million citiziens which for a europen country is in the top 5 or so and most are computer literate. Like more than me literate.  I can see if I can spread the word on some popular Romanian sites.  Like evz.ro and others which many read in the us and over there.  there's millions of Romanians in America and in countries like Italy, spain and france.  Many are little gangasters but they're still on computers a lot.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:28:06 AM

Looks like FinShaggy is devcoining local subforums with google-translated posts (ouch)
I repaired the one on the French forum  Smiley

I just wanted to get it out there. More than just America needs to know about the coins. If anyone can actually speak other languages, please go add to the discussion, or make your own devcoin thread.

I'm fluent Romanian and Romania is in the EU and they have about 20 million citiziens which for a europen country is in the top 5 or so and most are computer literate. Like more than me literate.  I can see if I can spread the word on some popular Romanian sites.  Like evz.ro and others which many read in the us and over there.  there's millions of Romanians in America and in countries like Italy, spain and france.  Many are little gangasters but they're still on computers a lot.

Thanks Smiley
I made a thread in the Romanian section too if you want to add to it Smiley

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:36:31 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 12:11:45 PM by Vlad2Vlad

[

Thanks Smiley

Where's the Romanian section?

Congrats on the promoter bump to admin.

I have a feeling you're gonna be shameless promoter, Don King style.  Those are the best.  Good luck to you bro.

Edit:  Most don't know this but the world's top hackers not just in massive theft from banks and hacking in nasa, pentagon, etc, but also by sheer total percentage are in Romania.  They're around 38% of total hackers in the world (per capita I think).  Way ahead of  Russia and china and when you consider most are making less than $300 per month (similar to Russia) and their total population is only 20 million compare to hundreds of million in Russia and then 1.6 Billion in china the fact they do nearly 40% of the hacks in the world is just mind boggling.  They have stolen millions from banks like BofA, I have met a couple personally.  Most were kids, 15-21 with no college training.  Simply amazing talent.  This is why you can't use US cards in many parts of Romania cause of the massive hacks they do there.

My point is They're very talented and many with no jobs or crummy jobs.  Guys like that can probably do a lot of programming work for considerably less dilution one would pay a programmer in the US or say a country like Germany.  I think devcoin is in good need of top programmers like that.

Edit 2:  Here's a recent Bloomberg link showing Romania at number 7 globally for hacking but I'm certain I saw them at the top spot just like 1 week ago. At any rate, for such a small country with so many poor kids who can't afford college that's crazy.  We can get guys there to program for nothing, $500 per month is considered a top notch salary for a programmer.  

http://www.romania-insider.com/bloomberg-romania-ranks-7-in-the-world-for-hacking-and-cyber-attacks-still-on-the-rise/97612/

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:39:39 AM

[

Thanks Smiley

I have a feeling you're gonna be shameless promoter, Don King style.  Those are the best.  Good luck to you bro.
Here's the Romanian Section
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216321.new#new

Thanks Smiley

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:51:09 AM

Thanks Smiley

Edit:  Most don't know this but the world's top hackers not just in massive theft from banks and hacking in nasa, pentagon, etc, but also by sheer total percentage is Romania.  They're around 38% of total hackers in the world.  Way ahead of  Russia and china and when you consider most are making less than $300 per month (like in Russia) and their total population is only 20 million compare to hundreds of million in Russia and then 1.6 Billion in china the fact they do nearly 40% of the hacks in the world is just mind boggling. 

They're very talented and many with no jobs or crummy jobs.  Guys like that can probably do a lot of programming work for considerably less dilution one would pay a programmer in the US or say a country like Germany.  I think devcoin is in good need of top programmers like that.

That would be pretty AWESOME to be the Don King of Devcoin.
I have some friends that are rappers, and we have plans to make a song and I am going to do the ad-libs, so I can get known for that too. Like OJ the Juice man, just saying "Ok"-"Yeah"-"Huh"-"What?" between lines Smiley

That's crazy that they have so much computing power and knowledge Smiley

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:56:16 AM

[

Thanks Smiley

[/quote]
[/quote]
Here's the Romanian Section
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216321.new#new

Thanks Smiley
[/quote]

That wasn't a room site.  It was a site about why bbq coin took off and what makes it so special.  I just checked and posted but not a work about romos. 

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:58:48 AM

That wasn't a room site.  It was a site about why bbq coin took off and what makes it so special.  I just checked and posted but not a work about romos. 

Sorry, idk how that happened. Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=108.0

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:38:33 AM

Sorry, idk how that happened. Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=108.0

Thanks, that worked.  I left a few posts trying to get an idea what they're doing and where most are located.  in eruoped most are all over western Europe, they still can't easily get a visa for the US.  Very diffilut indeed but definitely a pool of talented programmers and hackers.  I read somewhere that companies like FAcebook go after hackers first before your normal programmer graduate.  They place high value on hackers for their guts and creativity.  And Romania sure has tons of those.

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 04:41:41 AM

That wasn't a room site.  It was a site about why bbq coin took off and what makes it so special.  I just checked and posted but not a work about romos.  

Thanks, that worked.  I left a few posts trying to get an idea what they're doing and where most are located.  in eruoped most are all over western Europe, they still can't easily get a visa for the US.  Very diffilut indeed but definitely a pool of talented programmers and hackers.  I read somewhere that companies like FAcebook go after hackers first before your normal programmer graduate.  They place high value on hackers for their guts and creativity.  And Romania sure has tons of those.

I am starting some charities and other organizations, and I can help them get in and sign for work visas. I want to do it all over the world.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 09:17:11 AM

I am starting some charities and other organizations, and I can help them get in and sign for work visas. I want to do it all over the world.

Charities are ok but these guys you can give them literally like 1/3 of a share for the same work a programmer would do here.  They have the computers to work on but not the $2,000 rigs to mine with.  There won't be many miners there.  Even .25% so 1/4 of a share for programming work would be great as programmers there if you're lucky to find a job and most don't make between $300 and max $500 per month.  

I met tons of Romanian engineers, programmers, lawyers with no jobs working as waiters for $150 per month.

Romania can definitely be the place where you find tons of programmers and hackers to do your work without severely diluting the shares because if we're going global this will grow faster than exponential, could be closer to logarithmic growth for the first couple years which means each share will shrink to something much much smaller which may then cause the loss of talent here.  So lets keep the cost of living in mind and average wage for that country.  In Romania the average apt rents for $100.  So they do get by with $300-$500 per month.

As for work visas.  Good luck.  I've been trying to get my bro-in-law here for 7 years. No go. It has to be a field the US needs workers for but then they're likely to go work there and not here for you. They can do the programming work from there as they have the necessary tools.  Romanians are very clever, they're known as the thieves of Europe. Caution.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:47:32 PM

New exchange:crypto-trade.com. I've made a wide DVC/BTC market just to test it, get things going. Looking relatively cheap on vircurex if only I knew how to use the open transaction server...
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: