Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701020 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 09:50:29 PM

The ignore GPU's by name doesn't seem to be working. 

I'm trying to get it to ignore Intel gpu's, but everytime i put in a name, and start up the afterburner settings from awesomeminer, nothing ever gets displayed.
I wasn't able to reproduce that issue. So it filters away every single GPU when you enter "intel"?
I will add more log for the next version so we can track down that problem.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 10:17:48 PM

The email notification from could is not coming.

Any plans for an android app to keep the cloud logged? A simple bookmark is not helping, also regarding SMS , if a simple android app would be build to push notifications could be sent throw phone direct, so it will not need the SMS anymore.

The e-mail notification for Awesome Miner application being offline? I just verified it and it worked for me. You do need to close Awesome Miner (or make it unavailable in some other way) for this one to trigger. It's not a generic e-mail notification for any standard mining issues.

A "Remember me" option will be added later on, to keep you logged in.

I've been looking at Telegram for messages. Is that what you had in mind? This will probably be implemented together with WebHooks later on as third party notification targets - similar to how E-mail and SMS messages are supported today.

I am getting the emails still from my SMTP server , not from the cloud service. Since it has a heart beat option it should send notification when device is offline, but I don't get any could email.

Telegram could be a solution but from my own experience the message sometimes are not sent from sender or have huge delay  or the receiver having huge lag to get them.

For example if you make an application available in the Android market or even just the .apk and we install it with the accept of unknown sources. This application could just load the browser and have a push notification.
The push notification service available for Android or even iOS is the most clean and simple one, without delay and impossible to miss it, like that you will not be dependent on any operator. 

Also this could be achieved even without your own application, but using a 3rd party api for example pushover.net or pushed.co where the costs are very small compared with sms.
The standard notification feature inside Awesome Miner is not yet using the Cloud for sending e-mail, only the SMTP server you configured. There will be a setting quite soon where you will be able to define if e-mail messages should be sent via your SMTP server or via the Cloud. The main benefit of using the Cloud Services here would be to not having to configure all SMTP settings manually.

Thanks for your input on Telegram vs Pushover. My understanding was that Telegram is quite popular, but as you point out that may not be the same as being the best service.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
STSMiner

Activity: 269
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:24:27 PM

I have two questions that I've come up with as I'm using this software more and more.
- I found an earlier post about auto benchmarking for profit switching. Is this still in the works?
- Do you plan to support excavator server 1.2.9a? It seems like the start structure of it has changed significantly from the previous excavator so pointing the existing profile to it doesn't seem to make sense. Also, will you allow for overclocking settings to pass through to excavator or better to let afterburner continue to handle that?
Benchmarking is part of the latest development release. See this post for details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg21204182#msg21204182

Excavator 1.2.x will be supported in the future, but it's major changes to how that version of the software operates compared to the previous versions, so it's a significant implementation effort. Also, this miner hasn't really been a major success yet from what I can tell.

Will this miner be added / supported ? 

Excavator v1.3.0a_NVIDIA GPU Miner for NiceHash  -- It comes with the latest version of Nicehash 2.0.1.0. beta.
breich

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:08:31 PM

So this part applies, partially:

Profit switching - Bitcoin address per miner

The pools used for the profit switching feature are configured in the Options dialog, Profit switching section. For the built-in pools like Nicehash, there is only a single field to enter the Bitcoin address to mine to. This address will be used for all Managed Profit Miners.

To set unique Bitcoin addresses per Managed Profit Miner, the Bitcoin address field can be set to - (a dash). Each Managed Profit Miner must now specify a Bitcoin address in the Add to worker name setting.

However this only works for MiningPoolHub.  On the managed profit miner properties, there is no field for nicehash/zpool btc address.  So my add to worker field has [mph username].[worker name] and that's it.

To be more succinct: using a Managed Profit Miner, and when specifying '-' in the fields for Options -> Profit Switching -> Managed Profit Switching, I can only either use a zpool/nicehash btc address, by specifying that address in Managed Profit Miner Properties -> Mining Pool -> 'add to worker name', or I can use a miningPoolHub account by specifying [mph username].[worker name].  I cannot do both, and I would like to be able to so that I can have different sets of nicehash/zpool/MPH addresses/usernames across different managed profit miners.
sidog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:41:32 AM

I wasn't able to reproduce that issue. So it filters away every single GPU when you enter "intel"?

yes, nothing shows up anytime I enter any value under the ignore gpu by name.   

A seperate issue -  I just switched over to solomining so my accepted rate is a lot lower as compared to pool mining.   I keep getting notifications that 'Accepted has not increased in the last 8 mins'.  Is there any way to turn off this notification?
Inka-mining

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 04:10:31 PM

For dev. i'm interested to buy new avalon 741.
Awesome miner support it??
Avalon 7 miners are supported. I've received reports from users that these miners works fine with Awesome Miner.

I have a new batch of 75 Avalon installed but i cannot manage to make awesome miner find them with the wizard (new miner- network scan - sgminer)

Please help!

Thanks!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:22:50 PM

I have two questions that I've come up with as I'm using this software more and more.
- I found an earlier post about auto benchmarking for profit switching. Is this still in the works?
- Do you plan to support excavator server 1.2.9a? It seems like the start structure of it has changed significantly from the previous excavator so pointing the existing profile to it doesn't seem to make sense. Also, will you allow for overclocking settings to pass through to excavator or better to let afterburner continue to handle that?
Benchmarking is part of the latest development release. See this post for details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg21204182#msg21204182

Excavator 1.2.x will be supported in the future, but it's major changes to how that version of the software operates compared to the previous versions, so it's a significant implementation effort. Also, this miner hasn't really been a major success yet from what I can tell.

Will this miner be added / supported ? 

Excavator v1.3.0a_NVIDIA GPU Miner for NiceHash  -- It comes with the latest version of Nicehash 2.0.1.0. beta.
I suppose the answer is still the same. I will add support for Excavator later on, and of course it will be the latest version of it at that point. It's will however be some effort to do it, so it needs to be prioritized among all other feature requests.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:25:39 PM

yes, nothing shows up anytime I enter any value under the ignore gpu by name.   

A seperate issue -  I just switched over to solomining so my accepted rate is a lot lower as compared to pool mining.   I keep getting notifications that 'Accepted has not increased in the last 8 mins'.  Is there any way to turn off this notification?
Next version will have some debug statements when the Ignore GPU feature is filtering away GPUs. In next version, look for "MSI Afterburner, ignore rule" in the log file.

The notification is because of a rule that you have enabled. Go to Options dialog, Rules section. It's probably the predefined rule for Accept Progress. Either you disable the rule completely, or you open the properties for it and specify that it should only be applied to specific miners. Then you can select which miners it should be applied for.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:27:02 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 06:14:04 PM by patrike

Avalon 7 miners are supported. I've received reports from users that these miners works fine with Awesome Miner.

I have a new batch of 75 Avalon installed but i cannot manage to make awesome miner find them with the wizard (new miner- network scan - sgminer)

Please help!

Thanks!
Can you check the API permissions on that cgminer instance for Avalon? I think it is disabled by default. You can share the configuration file (cgminer.conf or similar) with me if you want and I can try to guide you.

Edit: Thanks to another user with Avalon 741, I got a suggestion to look for the following in the Avalon configuration: Status -> CGMiner Configuration. Then you should find API Allow setting.

How many Avalon miners have you connected to each Raspberry Pi controller?

mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:04:12 PM

First of all I want to say that I'm using awesomeminer to monitor 10+ S9s and after 6+ month of using it I'm more than happy that I have this software, thanks to developers and awesome team building a thing like this.

Question time:
SO far with S9s all is good, now I want to test it on my GPU rigs, considering that I have clusters of GPU farms (20; 50; 250 rigs).
The only issue with GPU farms after these years is that some of them needs to be restarted after they freeze. I'm using for it custom build relay modules, you can telnet to it and reboot any rig it is connected to. So I was wondering if awesomeminer can monitor the GPU rig and use a trigger after some kind of alarm, lets say if hashrate drops for some time can it restart the rig from the bat file or simply just trigger a bat file? And second one is that if it can directly  connect to my relay module with telnet and run the command? And last one, I'm pretty sure I have to install some kind of client software on the rig itself right?
Inka-mining

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:59:12 PM

Please help!

Thanks!
Can you check the API permissions on that cgminer instance for Avalon? I think it is disabled by default. You can share the configuration file (cgminer.conf or similar) with me if you want and I can try to guide you.

Edit: Thanks to another user with Avalon 741, I got a suggestion to look for the following in the Avalon configuration: Status -> CGMiner Configuration. Then you should find API Allow setting.

Right now 20 Avalon x raspberry pi3 (maximun allowed)
Working at 115% ... very very nice hardware!
Thanks for the tips i will try this in the farm.

Cheesy
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 07:35:13 PM

First of all I want to say that I'm using awesomeminer to monitor 10+ S9s and after 6+ month of using it I'm more than happy that I have this software, thanks to developers and awesome team building a thing like this.

Question time:
SO far with S9s all is good, now I want to test it on my GPU rigs, considering that I have clusters of GPU farms (20; 50; 250 rigs).
The only issue with GPU farms after these years is that some of them needs to be restarted after they freeze. I'm using for it custom build relay modules, you can telnet to it and reboot any rig it is connected to. So I was wondering if awesomeminer can monitor the GPU rig and use a trigger after some kind of alarm, lets say if hashrate drops for some time can it restart the rig from the bat file or simply just trigger a bat file? And second one is that if it can directly  connect to my relay module with telnet and run the command? And last one, I'm pretty sure I have to install some kind of client software on the rig itself right?
Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, you can use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) in Awesome Miner to define this kind of behavior. You have some examples of how to configure the rules on this page:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/rules.aspx
There is an example where you detect low hashrate and send a notification based on that. You can just extend that behavior to have two actions. The first one could still be to send the notification, but in addition to that you can add another action as well. The second action can be to run an executable - maybe launch a bat-file you have that will take further actions.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 08:01:35 PM

I just started using this software to manage my miners. I switched out from using Ethos to this. One of the biggest issues I have with this software so far is that when it detects a failed miner it just gives up on trying to restart the miner and then the miner just sits there. There should be an option to restart the miner regardless of how many failures there are. I am constantly having to go in and restart the miners when the issue was a miner software crash with one particular miner software. This is the number one detractor from the software and is what will prevent people from using it full scale. I can manage this in alternative ways (power monitor resetting the computer) but then I have other issues because the services are not starting.

• Doesn't start the MSI After Burner Remote Server when restarting the machine
  • Manager gives up trying to start the miner if there are several errors in a row.
  • Fails to apply the GPU overclock profiles on restart or relaunch of Afterburner software

By default Awesome Miner tries to restart a process three times. If it fails three times within a short period of times, Awesome Miner actually gives up. If the mining software has been running for a few minutes, it will reset this counter and you will have another three times of restart available.

If you want to take further actions after three times, you can use the Rules (Options dialog, Rules section) for that. You have a trigger "Process failure" that will be triggered in this scenario. You can define define your actions - maybe to give you a notification and then try to start the miner again.

The MSI Afterburner Remote Server is a bit difficult to auto start because it requires Admin permissions and doesn't have any built-in concept for that. Awesome Miner can however setup this for you, so have you followed these steps? Please share more details on this if you already have and it isn't working.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpuclocking.aspx

I'm not sure I fully understand the scenario with a restarted MSI Afterburner. If you simply restart that software (close it, then start it), how would that affect the GPU Clocking profiles? Sorry if I missed the point here.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 08:03:25 PM

Please help!

Thanks!

Right now 20 Avalon x raspberry pi3 (maximun allowed)
Working at 115% ... very very nice hardware!
Thanks for the tips i will try this in the farm.

Cheesy
Once you have Awesome Miner connected to your R-Pi, can you please send me an API report for it (toolbar: Tools -> API Report)? From what I've seen so far this R-Pi based solution doesn't provide any good device information (temperature and so on) from the Avalon miners. In the past when people used a single Avalon 721, it did report temperature and more.

Cordon85

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:04:34 PM

please help me the miner dosent star by the automatic profitswitching option......the only way to get the pool is over the commandline.....for claymor eth miner it works....but for the claymor monero miner he dosent work......he is connected but there only job timeouts....how can i fixed this ?
Turok2000

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:57:08 PM

Error
DMD does not belong to groestl. It has a dmd-gr algorithm. Because of this, there are errors in the extraction!
cryptoinvestor_x

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:51:17 AM

So I've done my reading and so far have 6 GPU rigs working flawlessly as managed miners with custom uploaded SPMOD8 on SIGT.

Now I'm looking at adding equihash and skein mining capabilities.

I have successful edited the managed miner and manually started mining equihash and skein with no issues. However, I'm looking at automating things so I can switch my rigs quickly to each algo and a specified pool.

From my understanding templates is ideal for this. Since different rigs require different intensities or custom difficulties is it advised to create multiple specialized template per rig?

Or can I create blanket template and implement custom intensities and difficulties somewhere in the managed miner's custom command line which will save per algo after applying an algo specific template.

Thanks in advance! Great piece of software so far
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:46:22 AM

So I've done my reading and so far have 6 GPU rigs working flawlessly as managed miners with custom uploaded SPMOD8 on SIGT.

Now I'm looking at adding equihash and skein mining capabilities.

I have successful edited the managed miner and manually started mining equihash and skein with no issues. However, I'm looking at automating things so I can switch my rigs quickly to each algo and a specified pool.

From my understanding templates is ideal for this. Since different rigs require different intensities or custom difficulties is it advised to create multiple specialized template per rig?

Or can I create blanket template and implement custom intensities and difficulties somewhere in the managed miner's custom command line which will save per algo after applying an algo specific template.

Thanks in advance! Great piece of software so far

Since you want different settings, you'll want to create separate templates with the different intensities.  That's kind of the point of a "template"... so you can assign the same settings to multiple rigs.  Wink  If you want different settings, then you need a different template.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:26:57 AM

please help me the miner dosent star by the automatic profitswitching option......the only way to get the pool is over the commandline.....for claymor eth miner it works....but for the claymor monero miner he dosent work......he is connected but there only job timeouts....how can i fixed this ?
Do you get the timeouts with the built-in Nicehash / Zpool / Mining Pool Hub pools? Can you try the Diagnostics button to see if the mining software is giving any more details? If not,  please send me your log file (Tools -> Log file).

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:31:08 AM

Error
DMD does not belong to groestl. It has a dmd-gr algorithm. Because of this, there are errors in the extraction!
You are correct that for example Ccminer has dmd-gr in addition to the groestl algorithm.

What makes me a bit confused is that WhatToMine, Coinwarz and the FAQ of the Diamond coin states that it's simply Groestl. If WhatToMine would have reported this as another algorithm, Awesome Miner could for sure map this to another command line parameter. Now it's getting a bit difficult, because if the above is true, Groestl could require different parameters depending on coin, which would be totally confusing.

Is there anyone else that has a good answer on this?

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: