Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Dreadmand

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:45:04 PM

I am also getting this model for my Saturn, only to accommodate the possibility for upgrade to Gen 2 later on. If not, I will just swap it with the modular 850 I already have in my PC down the road.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:46:40 PM

Today we can reveal that our maximal power consumption will be below 1.6 W/GH/s.

KNC,

Can you clarify what the 1.6 J/GH represents

Is it "at the wall" (assuming 90% efficient ATX PSU)?
i.e.  whole system 640W @ 120Vac for Jupiter (400 GH/s nominal)

Is it the entire 12Vdc load (ASIC board(s), controller, all heatsink and case fans)?
i.e. whole system 640W @ 12Vdc ~= 711W @ 120 Vac (assuming 90% efficient ATX PSU)

Is it just the asic boards (fans additional)?
i.e. 640W + ~60W for cooling = 700W @ 12Vdc ~= 780W @ 120 Vac

I would like to update the electrical break even point for KNC miners.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281279

Oh and if you are willing to provide an estimate of total pre-orders I wouldn't complain. Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278384

D&T further down the msg, it states "max power consumption including all components"...

EDIT: "max power consumption of total device including all components"

Also I'm hoping max still includes those margins upon margins...Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:22:37 PM

I am most concerned about how we will need to power the device on. Are we expected to do the paperclip trick?

That would be good to know.  There are adapters which have a switch if KNC isn't going to use the 24 pin connector.  I have soldered plugs with the "power on" circuit permanently closed and I just buy PSU that have a mechanical switch on the back of PSU.  Same thing as paper clip trick but a little more secure and convenient.

There does not appear to be any other connectors on the pcb shown earlier aside from the 6pin PCIe.  Unless there is also an as yet mentioned control board in the box I would say a jumpered PSU is likely.

Someone refresh my memory, this was a standard cell asic correct? 1.6W/GH on 28nm doesn't seem all that stupendous.  Bitfury gets around 0.8W/GH on 55nm with a fully customized version.  I wonder if the gen2 will be custom and can reach 0.6W/GH or less. That would be a feat of engineering.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:25:25 PM

Thanks for the tip - I managed to snag mine with a 30 $ rebate.  I think it ended up being 120 bucks out of pocket.  Also - It runs at about 93 % efficiency at half load, which should be ideal for the Jupiter.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:30:35 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 07:46:29 PM by DeathAndTaxes

D&T further down the msg, it states "max power consumption including all components"...

EDIT: "max power consumption of total device including all components"

Also I'm hoping max still includes those margins upon margins...Wink

Thanks that eliminates one scenario however it is still unclear if they consider the PSU (not supplied by KNC) as one of the components.  I would imagine not since the ATX PSU efficiency can vary and thus the 1.6 J/GH represents max DC load (i.e 1000 GH/s / 1.6 J/GH = 625W).  If true that is fine I will just assume 90% ATX PSU like I have done for other vendors where PSU is not supplied.  That would make it ~1.7 J/GH "at the wall" (625W DC / 0.9 = 694W @ 120Vac).

Either number is better than what I am reporting now but I would like to be correct.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:31:45 PM

Are we expected to do the paperclip trick?

I'm sure that will be revealed later, plenty of premade ones on ebay for £1.50 / $2 just search "ATX Bridging Plug" I have one already from an old watercooling kit.

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:38:59 PM

Now that the power supply info is available, I'd like to know that one thing that has never been made clear. These rigs are modular, so will we be able to add a module (or replace one with a gen 2 maybe) later? This will obviously have a bearing on which PSU we choose now. We may be better off with a PSU that could run 4 modules even on a 2 module rig if in the near future we add more?

I wouldn't have minded them recommending a PSU either...as they will have used one that worked well.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:44:13 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 08:46:01 PM by Phoenix1969

This applies to EVERYONE
Yes, the "Paperclip trick" need be employed when not using the MB plug, which sends the on/off signal. Example...On Corsair Power Supplies, you jumper the green pin & any black pin on the 24 pin MB connector. The on/off switch usually only allows the computer to actually send the on/off signal, and this bypasses that, and makes it so the power switch on the back actually turns the power supply on/off. I myself will be snipping the wires a bit from the plug, and wire-nutting them together.
I'm sure there will be hundreds of noobs plugging in their machines & flipping the switch, wondering why their machines wont work, crying DOA on the miner, when this is the problem, but not really a problem at all. Hope this helps alleviate some of that. Good luck.
More info here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyPWWusHndA

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:38:06 PM

Competition time!

We have a new challenge for you. We require a slogan for our controller board and we have 48 hours to make up our minds. You may remember we made a couple of minor mishaps with our Mars board. On our original Mars PCBs we printed: Bitcoins make the world go around! (Grammer is not our area of expertise, chip design is). So we have chosen to open this part of the design process to those following us on this forum. This is your chance to be immortalised in Bitcoin tech history. Please design the phrase you wish to see. There is still a space for one sentence on our boards. The 48 hours start now. Competition ends at 5.30pm (local time). We will decide the winning entrant which will then be seen on all our hardware; Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury.

Thanks,

KnCMiner team.

I got a good one. How bout' "I'll give you a piece of my MINE!"

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

pupsudio

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:52:45 PM

Profectus minare utiliter

Anything in Latin is just going to sound better.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:53:56 PM

This applies to EVERYONE
Yes, the "Paperclip trick" need be employed when not using the MB plug, which sends the on/off signal. Example...On Corsair Power Supplies, you jumper the green pin & any black pin on the 24 pin MB connector. The on/off switch usually only allows the computer to actually send the on/off signal, and this bypasses that, and makes it so the power switch on the back actually turns the power supply on/off. I myself will be snipping the wires a bit from the plug, and wire-nutting them together.
I'm sure there will be hundreds of noobs plugging in their machines & flipping the switch, wondering why their machines wont work, crying DOA on the miner, when this is the problem, but not really a problem at all. Hope this helps alleviate some of that. Good luck.

You'd rather hope that KnC would supply at least this info to all buyers as they do say the rigs are plug in and forget them. In fact all info regarding rigs that appears here should at least be emailed to buyers. Not everyone frequents forums after all.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:56:13 PM

Can you hear me yet?

Aug 28, 2013

ASICMiner Blade Prices Reduced 65% After Shares Crash

"There are several factors that influenced this price cut. The network hash rate has continued to increase exponentially as companies bring their ASIC Mining power online. The difficulty has increased from 37 million when these were first announced to over 66 million currently, reducing customer’s return by 78% without even factoring future difficulty increases."

LOL I would not buy a KNC for Oct even if KNC cut their price by 65%.. Not worth it and will not make but $300 to $900 ROI over the next year after the Break Even..  If that much..

You guys have still not figured out that you are mining for the ASIC compines and paying them what you mine for the price of you ASIC..  

Mind Blown..

I still haven't figured out what the hell that means...or more importantly why it's here? We don't care that you doubt KnC and you already told us several times that you weren't buying one so what is your point? We should all cancel because you think so?
Or perhaps you intended a positive post and forgot to include the details of the company offering rigs that will make us rich for years to come guaranteed?

Don't go to Norway, they have a guy hunting huge trolls.

I have nothing against any ASIC company other than maybe BFL..  Just trying to educate the Dumb..

Oh and they better not come to Texas as I guarantee we Hunt even BIGGER Trolls here boy.

Are you George Bush?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:59:17 PM

http://kncminer.cn/news/demo-machine-shanghai/

FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
We will present you a genuine Shanghai Machine
In the end of September, we will present you in Shanghai genuine machine, then you will be able to experience the performance of the mining machine.

So ... Will KNC send the miners from China to the costumers ? Or will they be sent from Sweden ?

Why? Are they that ugly  Cheesy
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:01:15 PM

This applies to EVERYONE

You'd rather hope that KnC would supply at least this info to all buyers as they do say the rigs are plug in and forget them. In fact all info regarding rigs that appears here should at least be emailed to buyers. Not everyone frequents forums after all.
Which brings us back to the Professional vs. Consumer issue, but I agree a bit more info would/should be included when the time comes. Like I said, just trying to alleviate some of that... Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:11:02 PM

I swear by Corsair (hmm, that makes a nice slogan) Smiley
I have used 4 different models in my PCs over time and they operate well at nearly 100% loads, while being quiet at lower loads.

That said, I sent for hosting, so I hope KnC will choose a good one for my miner.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
gateway

Activity: 552

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:11:33 PM

3 more days till sept... not much new info..
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:21:05 PM

You guys remember me of those folks here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AzodTPG5U
Grix

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

3 more days till sept... not much new info..

I'd say they've given a lot of info actually. Their circuit boards and case are finished, they are just waiting for the chips. And they are currently at fab I think, they're done when they are done, there would be nothing to report until then. Bottom line is that they still say they on track for September delivery, however "not the beginning of September".

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:35:11 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 09:59:46 PM by FUKT

Judging from the  1.6 W/GH/s and the posted requirements for power supplies we can extrapolate and get some interesting hash rates of the units. Please correct me if I'm wrong but:

Mercury                   Saturn                    Jupiter
220W 137ghs            440w 275ghs           880w 550ghs         These wattage requirements would be for max.

200w 125ghs            400w 250ghs           800w 500ghs          Maybe overclocked.

187.5w 117ghs         375w 234ghs           750w 468ghs           Sweet spot.

160w 100ghs            320w 200ghs           640w 400ghs          Minumum requirements.

It seems that the output hash rate off the chips will be better than expected.
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:36:40 PM

I dunno... If they're releasing the power supply specs now, does this mean they have boards hashing? I don't know how it all works or how they would know definitively without having a board in-hand. I could be way off...

Also, the power supplies being less powerful than anticipated -- what does anyone think that means about the chips and their performance, no overclocking really necessary... Will the numbers be that impressive? I'm glad they're moving forward with confidence thusfar...
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: