Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:13:11 PM

US gov spending shutdown will have international ripple effect as payoffs fail to be made.

US customs must be suffering from gov spending shutdown.  Somebody necessary to approve shipments must have gotten an unpaid vacation.   Shipping in Sweden communicates intent to ship something, awaits a usual response from US customs which is non-forthcoming.  Shipping stops.

So really it's the Tea Party to blame.
Triple self quote.  Wonder what that means.

Not much.  Deleted a quote by someone else to which I had replied.  My direction didn't follow his faithfully.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:14:30 PM

--SNIP--

Second question. Someone in this thread disassembled the KNC firmware (can't find the quote) and found a 6 module option. Is this form factor in construction at the factory?

--SNIP--

It would be great if you could shine some light on what is actually being built by KNC. That was your original purpose for visiting Sweden? This isn't trolling. These are valid questions.

The info about 6 module miners presented by others in this thread to date:

The SW and mainboard has provisions for a 6 module unit.

The pictures from the datacenter buildout show shelves with standoffs to mount 6 modules.

No 6 module miner has been announced or reported in the wild.

The mainboard appears to be capable of mounting a second BBB.
Reports from the field indicate that the BBB does better with 3 modules or less.
It has been speculated that the BBB with the current SW is at or near or over a limit with 4 modules.
Modders are in the process of doing further research.

This could be a sw limit or it could be a hw limit in the BBB as implimented by KnC.

Hopes this answers your question.

Or it might portend some mega-miner somewhere down the road.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:16:31 PM

Funny. I continue to notice a direct correlation between who most trolled my endorsement thread and their number of KNC miners they ordered as well as their early position in the order queue.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:19:02 PM

Bitcoinorama, here are a few difficult questions. This is not trolling, just wondering what your personal views are as someone with access to the KNC order book and an interest in the ethics of businesses involved in the mining business.

What is the status of the substantial Cloudhashing order:

All

As communicated to all customers. The delays are down to us awaiting delivery of a large number of mining equipment purchased on behalf of our customers.

We greatly regret the delays but bear with us as we are daily increasing our hashing power and should have you at 100 percent capacity very soon.

These delays affect everyone in the mining business.

Thanks

Emmanuel

Which you have called out as an unethical business:

Actually ignore everything I've just said about talent, it gets worse - as we know Emmanuel Adedeji is behind Cloud Hashing, and on the 'Cloud Hashing' Facebook page, there he is fraudulently posing as a customer asking questions, he then answers to himself as Cloud Hashing;

Emmanuel Adedeji
@cloudhashing I really appreciate what you guys are doing at cloudhashing. I will like to buy in the July contracts. But will like to know, at the current difficulty level, how much will I get weekly if I buy 10Gh/s?
Like ·  · 8 June at 23:06 via Mobile

Cloud Hashing
At the current difficult level you should earn more than 10 bitcoins per Gigahash per year making 100 bitcoins.
Like · Reply · 9 June at 20:49

Disgraceful business ethics!!

...and they've clearly bought the Facebook likes...

Second question. Someone in this thread disassembled the KNC firmware (can't find the quote) and found a 6 module option. Is this form factor in construction at the factory? If so, are the orders for that option being processed in queue order? You said previously that 700 units had been built and 1000 remained to be shipped. Does that 1700 units include all orders, or are there non-public, off order book units being built simultaneously?

One thing which really swings in Hashfast's favour is their publically available order book:

https://hashfast.com/order-chain/

It would be great if you could shine some light on what is actually being built by KNC. That was your original purpose for visiting Sweden? This isn't trolling. These are valid questions.

Donch, I know nothing about the substantial Cloudhashing order, only that their order is being fulfilled with no special preference. Personally i'm not impressed with how they conduct themselves online, and I don't think they are a great deal for their customers. That's just my opinion. They were advertising as having a physical location in London right next to where I happened to work at the time, by Holborn Circus. They had a big red location marker on a Google maps screenshot stating, here is our office. I actually know that location personally, and that it's not a physical office address and called them on it. It's in their thread somewhere.

The six module/four module controller board thing is simply just a variance in board revision made at the factory. No rhyme, or reason to it, and it's purely pot luck if someone gets one. you can't stick more than 4 modules in the casing.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:19:41 PM

Well, just few more hours left before I can finally cancel my order and get a full refund.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 02:22:19 PM

Back when they were doing margins on margins maybe it seemed a potentially useful margin to be able to run six boards if that turned out to be what it would take to meet their target number of hashes per second per unit...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:24:06 PM

Back when they were doing margins on margins maybe it seemed a potentially useful margin to be able to run six boards if that turned out to be what it would take to meet their target number of hashes per second per unit...

-MarkM-

I've always thought that will use all the 6 plug in the control board for custom case they deploy for hosted miners at KnC DC. I still think this is the case, still I wild guess thou.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:25:21 PM

Funny. I continue to notice a direct correlation between who most trolled my endorsement thread and their number of KNC miners they ordered as well as their early position in the order queue.

One of the few times I'll actually respond to you.

There was no trolling of your thread, you are as crooked as they come and were called out on that, which just so happened to be in that thread.

I personally have no problem with HashFast and actually have only good things to say thus far when people ask my opinion of them.

Somehow you believe everyone that doesn't like you must not like HashFast or has some sort of Agenda, sorry that's not the case but carry on.

(Sorry for those that have him ignored)
tolip_wen

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:30:14 PM

I think it is similar to the self "+1" posted yesterday.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3337274#msg3337274

Mysteries are fun ;-)

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:31:03 PM

There was no trolling of your thread, you are as crooked as they come and were called out on that, which just so happened to be in that thread.

care to provide some evidence of that other than a 3 Jupiter order i held for 2 wks mid summer which i promptly cancelled once i decided on HF?

as far as crooked, i see you didn't reveal the fact you had 11 Jupiters from a day 1 order while you continuously trolled my thread for no good reason.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:33:01 PM

Donch, I know nothing about the substantial Cloudhashing order, only that their order is being fulfilled with no special preference. Personally i'm not impressed with how they conduct themselves online, and I don't think they are a great deal for their customers. That's just my opinion. They were advertising as having a physical location in London right next to where I happened to work at the time, by Holborn Circus. They had a big red location marker on a Google maps screenshot stating, here is our office. I actually know that location personally, and that it's not a physical office address and called them on it. It's in their thread somewhere.

The six module/four module controller board thing is simply just a variance in board revision made at the factory. No rhyme, or reason to it, and it's purely pot luck if someone gets one. you can't stick more than 4 modules in the casing.

Thanks for the answer! Guess the delays are just me being too late in the order queue then. Oh well...

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:34:19 PM

care to provide some evidence of that other than a 3 Jupiter order i held for 2 wks mid summer which i promptly cancelled once i decided on HF?

as far as crooked, i see you didn't reveal the fact you had 11 Jupiters from a day 1 order while you continuously trolled my thread for no good reason.

Cypherdoc, go and start a new thread. Off topic and boring. We went through all of this "getting personal" stuff on a very, very dull Sunday.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

There will be another firmware version coming out either today or early tomorrow

when "early tomorrow" ends? local time in Sweden is ~16:30 and post is from yesterday. Why the hell is KNC not able to fulfil small promises like this one? Professional company behaviour? I don't think so..
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:35:51 PM

Cypherdoc, go and start a new thread. Off topic and boring. We went through all of this "getting personal" stuff on a very, very dull Sunday.

donch, all i did was make an observation not directed at any particular person.

and look how Bargraphics attacked me with "you are as crooked as they come".
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:41:00 PM

Is anyone else depressed at the rate the diff is increasing?  Honestly nothing else matters at this point.  The arguments between people who invested in different companies is really petty to me by comparison.  Everyone is going to lose here.

HashFast & CoinTerra customers really have nothing to be jealous of regarding KnC & Bitfury shipping before them.  And KnC people really have nothing to be jealous of regarding HF's MPP program.  If you read between the lines HF protected themselves well on that one.

It's sad BFL couldn't have spread their shipments out a little here.  They waited till the end to completely blow their load.  People that ordered in July/August/September 2012 hardly got any advantage over people many, many months after them even into 2013.

The only winners in the ASIC generation before this all started falling apart are Avalon Batch 1, maybe some of Avalon Batch 2 (the ones that Yifu didn't screw), the earliest June 23rd orders in BFL...and that's roughly about it.

Too many clowns in the car.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:41:47 PM

Well, seeing as you don't have a KNC order, your reasons for posting here are self-evident.

Troll-feeding disengaged. No more cypherdoc quoting or responding from me. Ignored :-)

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:44:20 PM

Second question. Someone in this thread disassembled the KNC firmware (can't find the quote) and found a 6 module option. Is this form factor in construction at the factory?

Well considering there are 6 controller ports to plug into I would say yes that is in the future.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:48:17 PM

Well, seeing as you don't have a KNC order, your reasons for posting here are self-evident.

Troll-feeding disengaged. No more cypherdoc quoting or responding from me. Ignored :-)

Same here - Cypherdoc ignored
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:48:29 PM

There will be another firmware version coming out either today or early tomorrow

when "early tomorrow" ends? local time in Sweden is ~16:30 and post is from yesterday. Why the hell is KNC not able to fulfil small promises like this one? Professional company behaviour? I don't think so..

Perhaps because you only release iterative updates when the software engineers are happy with a public release? I mean seriously just because customer service has in good faith said there should be an update because that was how they were informed, doesn't matter if the software engineers then decide they aren't comfortable with it being released. It's currently running on one box, and when they are happy it is stable you'll get the update. 0.95 was released at 8/9pm on Friday night. People are working round the clock, but the engineers will make the decisions when they decide to release their update, based upon stability. 0.95 was a huge update solving most of the previous issues, as you well know.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:52:13 PM

i don't think it's as self evident as you might think.

my intent was to just leave that comment i left above and walk away.  yet, as i should have expected an over the top KNC Warrior stepped forward with a personal attack, just like he did throughout my endorsement thread.  

yes i have a HF order, yes i don't have a KNC order.  but no, my intent is NOT to promote HF in here one bit.  i've made clear i am no longer paid, not a rep, nor an employee of HF.  my intent is to highlight tactics of certain individuals throughout this forum who appear to act out of their own self interest by attacking others connected to companies they don't have orders placed with.  of course i had self interest in my endorsement which is why i revealed that fact in the very first sentence of my endorsement post.  i don't see the Warriors here having done the same.

remember i didn't post in this thread until just a few nights ago so you can't accuse me of trying to disrupt KNC pre-orders.  what's particularly interesting about this time currently is those who appear to be coming out of this debacle unscathed and their order position/size while at the same time having been the most vicious defenders of KNC over the summer.  now they seem to be at it again, vigorously defending the company while many others suffer.

i'll leave it at that unless someone else attacks me.
Pages: « 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: