Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 [822] 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
FoxMURDER

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:15:38 AM

i apologize in advance, if this is repeated topic - but, just the sheer speed of posting here makes it impossible for me to go through the last 200 pages I havent read. so please, use just small stones. Cheesy

this is a part of my support request to KnC. Is there anyone else in the same/similar situation? or possibly with a solution

it's regarding my 4VRM jupiter.
There are three things I've figured out and those might or might not be linked to each other.
1) I rarely see the cgminer to run longer than 4 or 5 blocks. It restarts and is off for a few seconds. The down time lasts 10+ seconds, which means a loss of hashrate during the down time as well as during the "ramp up period" after restart.

2) One of VRMs on module 6 is offline according to bertmod. Or, to be more exact, the mod says, it's online and ok, but the current is just 0.125A. This loss of power is not compensated on other VRMs - those give out the same current as VRMs on the rest of borads. If I connect just this board to the controller, it produces just about 80GH ... although the bertmod says only 2 cores are disabled on the whole board.

3) High HW error rates. I am experiencing about 10-13% HW error rates. But the interesting thing is - the more boards I have connected to the controller, the higher HW error rate is. When I run just one board I usually get about 2-3%. This seems like an issue with the FPGA, but I have no way to tell for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:18:26 AM

i apologize in advance, if this is repeated topic - but, just the sheer speed of posting here makes it impossible for me to go through the last 200 pages I havent read. so please, use just small stones. Cheesy

this is a part of my support request to KnC. Is there anyone else in the same/similar situation? or possibly with a solution

it's regarding my 4VRM jupiter.
There are three things I've figured out and those might or might not be linked to each other.
1) I rarely see the cgminer to run longer than 4 or 5 blocks. It restarts and is off for a few seconds. The down time lasts 10+ seconds, which means a loss of hashrate during the down time as well as during the "ramp up period" after restart.

2) One of VRMs on module 6 is offline according to bertmod. Or, to be more exact, the mod says, it's online and ok, but the current is just 0.125A. This loss of power is not compensated on other VRMs - those give out the same current as VRMs on the rest of borads. If I connect just this board to the controller, it produces just about 80GH ... although the bertmod says only 2 cores are disabled on the whole board.

3) High HW error rates. I am experiencing about 10-13% HW error rates. But the interesting thing is - the more boards I have connected to the controller, the higher HW error rate is. When I run just one board I usually get about 2-3%. This seems like an issue with the FPGA, but I have no way to tell for sure.

as I know zip I'll ask the obvious question did you do a hard reset?.....that is the extent or my knowledge and/or maybe power supply issue?

(ok that's it I know zip others jump on here)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
genykm

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:24:06 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-50
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:24:45 AM

Oh look, KNC finally grew a pair due to the pressure applied by me and others. Well done to everyone who has helped them to get the off the silence bottle and on the straight and narrow.

"As you are aware we have missed our own set deadline to ship the entire backlog of orders by October 15th"

Now where's our compensation KNC? Customer losses rising as we speak:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=311279.0

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 09:27:21 AM

Oh look, KNC finally grew a pair due to the pressure applied by me and others. Well done.

Holy crap do you ever just "kill that noise?"  the negativity from you could fuel the darknet should if have ever been fueled by that nagging nancy attitude of yours bro for real.

Code:
All

As you are aware we have missed our own set deadline to ship the entire backlog of orders by October 15th

After yesterday’s factory output we can now say we are currently 3-5 days behind in the factory and the hosting setup at current speed which we are trying to increase in all ways possible.

We appreciate that while this is not good news for anyone who has not received a box we are only a few days away from completing our promise.

We will continue to post a news update on our site every day stating how many boxes have been shipped and how far behind the end of the queue we are.

Yesterday the factory produced and shipped 350 boxes and we expect the same number to be shipped per day over the next coming days.

Thanks

KnCMiner Team

See those numbers shipped per day?  That alone puts them head and shoulders above bfl imho.  Get off of broken promises guys.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:32:56 AM

from the news post

After yesterday’s factory output we can now say we are currently 3-5 days behind in the factory and the hosting setup at current speed which we are trying to increase in all ways possible.

Yesterday the factory produced and shipped 350 boxes and we expect the same number to be shipped per day over the next coming days.

so let's say they are 4 days behind that means 350 * 4 = 1400 boxes. On avg each box should meant at 300GH/s (if they are going to ship also mercury(s)). That means that in next few days we will have an increase of at 420 TH/s only from KnC.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 09:37:25 AM

from the news post

so let's say they are 4 days behind that means 350 * 4 = 1400 boxes. On avg each box should meant at 300GH/s (if they are going to ship also mercury(s)). That means that in next few days we will have an increase of at 420 TH/s only from KnC.

Cointerra hashfast bifury and Custom Chip miners....not even bringing up the private money that is being thrown into bitcoin mining.  I'm stoked for the hardware crash coming to a blockchain near YOU.

de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:37:42 AM

Wonderful - glad they speed up. But no word about their hosting customers. My unit was produced yesterday morning. I got no login, no hashing, no payout on my BC Wallet, no reply on my status request I sent to their support yesterday morning. Shipped people receive their units today - I am in the dark with my 12k$ hosted unit - amazing

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:37:54 AM

Can people please stop comparing BFL to every other company. Being better than the worst is not a measure worth using.

It's like someone running you over in a car and then telling you that you're lucky, you could have been shot.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:38:26 AM

How come crumb's ignore button is sooooo dark yellow while avenger's is just fine!
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:39:41 AM

Lol we'll get daily dose of boxes in air a.k.a. Bfl_Jody's news  Tongue "the numbers aren't important" Josh. The question is how many fro 350 boxes goes in China as part of pre orders from kncminer.ch

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:40:56 AM

It also means KnC alone could produce and ship 4PH per month if they can source enough components.  If KnC can do 4PH today, imagine what Ciara (Hashfast) could do.
Those saying exponential growth has to taper off will be proven correct eventually, but probably a lot later than they thought.
The Avenger

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:43:08 AM

How come crumb's ignore button is sooooo dark yellow while avenger's is just fine!
Because I've been trying to get KNC to treat their customers fairly and professionally. And destroying some bs some people have tried to pass off as fact

crumbs - he's somewhere between mars and uranus  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 09:46:03 AM

Can people please stop comparing BFL to every other company. Being better than the worst is not a measure worth using.

It's like someone running you over in a car and then telling you that you're lucky, you could have been shot.

BFL was perceived as the market leader even in light of Avalon coming online.  Its called a "control group"  

I could have done the same thing by quoting Avalon for their 3 month delay on batch 3 units and/or the whole batch chip distribution debacle.  But why would I do that...I'd rather focus on the big company that put in a ton of money into advertising and banners EVERYWHERE...and fucked everyone royally (I had my mercury money towards a bfl single for a couple months before hand, mind you)

Would you suggest a better "control group"?

bitfury is a chip mfg with their own subsidiary turnkey distribution channels bfstrikesback/megabigpower

Asicminer?   Please. Those guys charged 10X the market value of their devices hand and fist - the only folks I saw buying up those units were the ones who were wary of BFL, missed out on Avalon Batch one, and had prior infrastructure in the form of GPU farms that they wanted to upgrade for power efficiency reasons.  

so please friend....name a better control group for us to all compare KNC would you?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:47:15 AM

It also means KnC alone could produce and ship 4PH per month if they can source enough components.  If KnC can do 4PH today, imagine what Ciara (Hashfast) could do.
Those saying exponential growth has to taper off will be proven correct eventually, but probably a lot later than they thought.

well mine is supposedly shipped but mentally i'm already thinking of what i'm gonna do when the knc and of course if I ever get stuff from april from bfl when they are no longer useful to mine btc?....

(ASICcoin here I come?)

oh well ...mentally it is much more relaxing since I flipped a mental swich to "hobby mode"....more tranquil........(if I was really evil i'd put a knc module in a bfl 60gh box and mess with folks)

whatever the die is cast it is what it is

my real concern can BTC survive if everyone freaks out and flames out as a small guy miner in the near future or will people just say screw all alt coins as a concept

my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
The Avenger

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:48:54 AM

Still, why UPS? They delivered a 7000$ unit to the BABYSITTER of my neighbour, while I was at home waiting for the doorbell to ring....
Great you got satisfaction Mota! Couriers never ceases to amaze me with what they do with people's goods.

"I am not The Avenger"
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:50:25 AM

BFL was perceived as the market leader even in light of Avalon coming online.  Its called a "control group"  

I could have done the same thing by quoting Avalon for their 3 month delay on batch 3 units and/or the whole batch chip distribution debacle.  But why would I do that...I'd rather focus on the big company that put in a ton of money into advertising and banners EVERYWHERE...and fucked everyone royally (I had my mercury money towards a bfl single for a couple months before hand, mind you)

Would you suggest a better "control group"?

bitfury is a chip mfg with their own subsidiary turnkey distribution channels bfstrikesback/megabigpower

Asicminer?   Please. Those guys charged 10X the market value of their devices hand and fist - the only folks I saw buying up those units were the ones who were wary of BFL, missed out on Avalon Batch one, and had prior infrastructure in the form of GPU farms that they wanted to upgrade for power efficiency reasons.  

so please friend....name a better control group for us to all compare KNC would you?
Actually you can't compare them since KNC explicitly stated they want only B2B customers. Despite the fact that their miners are for the general public, stating an interview with them.... A better control group would be Avalon, BFL was never considered market leader -  even their fpga's were delivered laaaaaaaate.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:51:36 AM

SAAAAM!! SAAAAM!! Ok, so you're trying to fool us with your "In progress" bullshit for the rest of the month orders in advance to avoid refunds.
Well, I've been a human being "in progress" for the last 30 years, does that mean I'm about to ship?Huh

hey at least you aint still "paid".

All kidding aside. with the dificulty about to change i do have to say that the miner now is almost way out of anyones complete roi period. It is a big downfall.

I will give till the end of the month befor i take legal action. Don't question me. Angry

Keep in mind this. There was a promis to SHIP all miners out by the 15. That as not happened. That is more then enough grounds. I sure hope KNC has one hell of a magic rabit.

Yeah, 'cause all those saying that BTC is rising forget the fact that difficulty rises are exponential and more than offset the standard/linear increases in BTC value. So they should put that argument to rest.

Short term thinking.

The exponential rise cannot continue indefinitely. The gradual (though rather nice today) rise in bitcoin is LIKELY to continue.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:53:14 AM

it's a good thing measuring theoretical max production, but you have to find someone that will buy your product then (at the price you've chose). I think that every ASIC vendor will need to lower their product price inevitably. I just don't know what will be the price equilibrium, my gut tells me something along 0.5 to 1.5 GH/s should be correct, but I'm just guessing.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
The Avenger

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:57:55 AM

Still, why UPS? They delivered a 7000$ unit to the BABYSITTER of my neighbour, while I was at home waiting for the doorbell to ring....
Great you got satisfaction Mota! Couriers never ceases to amaze me with what they do with people's goods.
No, satisfaction would be having my second order here right now, not my first one. Satisfaction would be a compensation for late delivery from KNC in form of anything other than insults to my intellect and knowledge of law. And even if I would not be legally eligible for compensation it would still be the morally right thing to do...
Ah, I didn't realise you have more than one order. Yeah, compensation for late delivery would be appropriate. And if they'd stop treating us like dummies, that would help too. We'll keep working on it.

"I am not The Avenger"
Pages: « 1 ... 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 [822] 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: