Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 [823] 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 09:59:28 AM

How come crumb's ignore button is sooooo dark yellow while avenger's is just fine!

Well, it should have got a little "yellower" yesterday...  Roll Eyes

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:00:40 AM

How come crumb's ignore button is sooooo dark yellow while avenger's is just fine!

Well, it should have got a little "yellower" yesterday...  Roll Eyes
I tried to hit the avengers ignore button yesterday, but it wasn't there. The guy is such a dick.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:01:08 AM

Yay, miner came today after being stuck in swedish customs for a day  Huh
Still, why UPS? They delivered a 7000$ unit to the BABYSITTER of my neighbour, while I was at home waiting for the doorbell to ring....

UPS blows goats. I have about 30 years of proof!
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:01:42 AM

it's a good thing measuring theoretical max production, but you have to find someone that will buy your product then (at the price you've chose). I think that every ASIC vendor will need to lower their product price inevitably. I just don't know what will be the price equilibrium, my gut tells me something along 0.5 to 1.5 GH/s should be correct, but I'm just guessing.

You mean $0.5 to $1.5 per GH?
I think its even lower. The more cost effective asic designs would be below $0.1 per GH for the bare chip:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295270.0
PCB, cooling, case etc may double or triple that, but not more than that in large volumes.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:03:53 AM

Well, it should have got a little "yellower" yesterday...  Roll Eyes
I tried to hit the avengers ignore button yesterday, but it wasn't there. The guy is such a dick.

Might I suggest a little more tact? You do go after people like a terrier with "big dog" syndrome.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:04:27 AM

Short term thinking.

The exponential rise cannot continue indefinitely. The gradual (though rather nice today) rise in bitcoin is LIKELY to continue.

As far as I can tell, there is always a short-lived rally on the BTC exchange rate just before the difficulty goes up. We shall see in a few hours :-)

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:08:02 AM

Short term thinking.

The exponential rise cannot continue indefinitely. The gradual (though rather nice today) rise in bitcoin is LIKELY to continue.

As far as I can tell, there is always a short-lived rally on the BTC exchange rate just before the difficulty goes up. We shall see in a few hours :-)

I've noticed the same thing, but the drop seems to still end up a little above where it was. I've also seen an odd correlation with gold over the last few months. Not totally consistent, but pretty close. When gold drops bitcoin goes up. Doesn't seem to correlate with other (dollar/Euro etc) exchange rates either, just gold.

Haven't graphed it, it's just eyeball analysis, but it's interesting.

Plus I'm rather encouraged that BTC recovered to it's previous level in just under five days after the precipitous drop on the news of the Silk Road bust. I knew it was a panic sell, of course, but I thought it would take longer to recover. I just wish I'd had some dollars to throw at it that day.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:11:11 AM

Short term thinking.

imho it is more due to the idiots in Washington and the fact they can't find a solution to debt issues and BTC improves as US dollar looks less then rosy

assuming they fix stuff...i'd expect BTC to go down significantly when people figure out the large difficulty increases in near future and rush to
get ROI back on their shiny soon to be outdated equip

(and yes i'm still in denial since I decided to call this an 'eccentric" hobby......(denial is a heady drug in these circumstances)

(funny humans ......so silly)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:12:15 AM

Wonderful - glad they speed up. But no word about their hosting customers. My unit was produced yesterday morning. I got no login, no hashing, no payout on my BC Wallet, no reply on my status request I sent to their support yesterday morning. Shipped people receive their units today - I am in the dark with my 12k$ hosted unit - amazing

For the hosting guys - just to give you an update -  I have bad news. I got order number 23xx and I talked to one very tired sounding KnC guy on the phone just 10 minutes back.

Summary:

- We are aware you are a hosted customer who paid more and we treat you order with priority

(aha, why are people behind me in pay date already received their units?)

- Your order will go online in the next few days

(ohh ok, so I paid early, I paid more and now I go online many days after shipping people. I dont know if, I dont know when, thank you!?)

- I am (as support) dont know the situation in the hosting center

(WTF - are you serious?!)

I respect what they have done so far for BC and everything. But breaking order chain and screwing their own "premium" hosting customers SO BAD - Impossible. All hosting customers - grab phone - call there - do pressure! They have to understand that we are all dissapointed, Ohterwhise the massage will not reach them.

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
yolo2424

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:15:54 AM

Wonderful - glad they speed up. But no word about their hosting customers. My unit was produced yesterday morning. I got no login, no hashing, no payout on my BC Wallet, no reply on my status request I sent to their support yesterday morning. Shipped people receive their units today - I am in the dark with my 12k$ hosted unit - amazing

For the hosting guys - just to give you an update -  I have bad news. I got order number 23xx and I talked to one very tired sounding KnC guy on the phone just 10 minutes back.

Summary:

- We are aware you are a hosted customer who paid more and we treat you order with priority

(ohh ok, so I paid early, I paid more and now I go online many days after shipping people. I dont know if, I dont know when, thank you!?)

I respect what they have done so far for BC and everything. But breaking order chain and screwing their own "premium" hosting customers SO BAD - Impossible. All hosting customers - grab phone - call there - do pressure! They have to understand that we are all dissapointed, Ohterwhise the massage will not reach them.

One man less on the phone is one more man assembling or setting up a miner in the warehouse...just saying.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:19:31 AM

Short term thinking.

imho it is more due to the idiots in Washington and the fact they can't find a solution to debt issues and BTC improves as US dollar looks less then rosy

assuming they fix stuff...i'd expect BTC to go down significantly when people figure out the large difficulty increases in near future and rush to
get ROI back on their shiny soon to be outdated equip

(and yes i'm still in denial since I decided to call this an 'eccentric" hobby......(denial is a heady drug in these circumstances)

(funny humans ......so silly)

Searing

[soapbox]

This is why it is essential that miners start promoting bitcoin for general exchange in any way you possibly can. TX fees are the future of mining profitability, and for that future to come to fruition, BTC has to be as useable as the dollar. It has massive advantages OVER the dollar if it can gain mainstream acceptance.
I saw a post recently where one block had over 200 BTC in TX fees. That should be EVERY block, and it would be if BTC were a mainstream currency. Then you wouldn't be worrying about short term ROI, as every block would be significantly more powerful than simply it's block reward.
Volume of purchase is the game that needs to be opened up. Right now, even though it has garnered a significant amount of notice, BTC remains a niche money rather than a generally useful currency. If you want your miners to make you money, then you gotta expand your horizons. We need to see all sorts of thing priced in BTC, with the various national fiats as the ALTERNATIVE price, rather than the other way 'round.
[/soapbox]
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:19:43 AM

it's a good thing measuring theoretical max production, but you have to find someone that will buy your product then (at the price you've chose). I think that every ASIC vendor will need to lower their product price inevitably. I just don't know what will be the price equilibrium, my gut tells me something along 0.5 to 1.5 GH/s should be correct, but I'm just guessing.

You mean $0.5 to $1.5 per GH?

yes, but for a full working plug'n'play miner Tongue

I think its even lower. The more cost effective asic designs would be below $0.1 per GH for the bare chip:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295270.0
PCB, cooling, case etc may double or triple that, but not more than that in large volumes.

Another thing that will determine the price is the power consumption, but I think they'll be able to lower it significantly as well.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:21:08 AM

Summary:

One man less on the phone is one more man assembling or setting up a miner in the warehouse...just saying.

I understand your argument - but you also have to understand mine. I guess you are not a hosted customer and didnt pay 12k$ for a Jupiter. Am I right? This post is therefore non of your business and you might ignore it Wink

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:23:47 AM

So ... 40% diff increase in a few hours Cheesy

Oh yeah and when I say a few I mean about 3 ... not double that Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 10:27:34 AM

Kano - the ever so gentle bringer of good news.  Grin

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:29:40 AM

Summary:

I understand your argument - but you also have to understand mine. I guess you are not a hosted customer and didnt pay 12k$ for a Jupiter. Am I right? This post is therefore non of your business and you might ignore it Wink
Actually, you did not pay 12k for a jupiter. you are from Germany and figured it would be better to pay a little more (since $/kwh is 0,31 in Germany) and have your miner stationed somewhere else where it generates no noise and you don't have the hassle to look after it.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:47:26 AM

Can people please stop comparing BFL to every other company. Being better than the worst is not a measure worth using.

It's like someone running you over in a car and then telling you that you're lucky, you could have been shot.

BFL was perceived as the market leader even in light of Avalon coming online.  Its called a "control group"  

I could have done the same thing by quoting Avalon for their 3 month delay on batch 3 units and/or the whole batch chip distribution debacle.  But why would I do that...I'd rather focus on the big company that put in a ton of money into advertising and banners EVERYWHERE...and fucked everyone royally (I had my mercury money towards a bfl single for a couple months before hand, mind you)

Would you suggest a better "control group"?

bitfury is a chip mfg with their own subsidiary turnkey distribution channels bfstrikesback/megabigpower

Asicminer?   Please. Those guys charged 10X the market value of their devices hand and fist - the only folks I saw buying up those units were the ones who were wary of BFL, missed out on Avalon Batch one, and had prior infrastructure in the form of GPU farms that they wanted to upgrade for power efficiency reasons.  

so please friend....name a better control group for us to all compare KNC would you?

Sony. LG. Samsung.
Any provider of computer hardware.
The assumption that producing an ASIC miner is somehow bound to be a fuckup which excuses poor performance towards customers has to stop.
It's just a company producing a product and selling it...why should there even be a need to compare them to some sort of standard which dosen't exist when all we need to do is hold them to their promises and claims.
You don't hire a decorator and then look at the mess he made and say "Wow, could have been worse..thaat really crap guy would have made a bigger mess". You hold him responsible to hit a standard agreed with you. That's all that matters. Not how shite other decorators (or other ASIC makes) are.

Personally I can't see why KnC didn't release that news a couple of days ago. "Looks like we're going to miss our deadline and we're gutted, we hit a few unforseen snags that cost us a few days as we have told you in previous news (if they had done this), but we're in full production now, working weekend and have xxx units to get through at 350 a day currently. All orders should be caught up in 3 days. Sincere aplogies and thanks for your patience, love Sweaty Sam. xx

I''d have appreciated that. Easy to do but they didn't bother.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:49:18 AM

did kncminer finally send you a piece of hw to develop a cgminer driver?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
semaster

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:49:43 AM

got mail from auto-notify@ups.com with attached .doc and .exe files
My antivirus say that is trojan.
What does it mean?

robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:50:58 AM

got mail from auto-notify@ups.com with attached .doc and .exe files
My antivirus say that is trojan.
What does it mean?
It means it is trojan.
Pages: « 1 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 [823] 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: